Mara Jade Skywalker vs Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Based
Both at peak variations.
Battle takes place on Yavin IV.
Go.

Stealth Moose
Asajj wins.

Q99
I'd say Mara Jade wins. She's older and more experience, and used force powers more. She was a tough fight for Caedus, and a member of the council.

Heck, she was Kyle Katarn's closest peer- when they both decided they needed wider knowledge of the force, they engaged in a co-master/student relationship where they both taught each other from their different experiences.

Stealth Moose
I seem to recall Asajj having a lot more variety in saber experience, and being a difficult battle for the likes of Obi-Wan or Anakin alone. Does she do anything in TCW series besides get owned by Dooku?

Q99
Mara has a lot of saber experience too- first as a Hand, used against Luke, then as one of Luke's best Jedi up through the Vong war and beyond.

Stealth Moose
Fair point.

juyomaster34
fair point...in deed.... but Assajj still wins...
Even though I like Mara...a stupid mistake of killing her off....
Assajj has fought a real Jedi Master and a Jedi Knight....

Q99
Originally posted by juyomaster34

Uh, Mara's a real Jedi Master herself, an outright Council Member, and has fought quite a few fully trained Jedi and Sith. Lumiya, Kyle Katarn (who had fallen to the dark side at the time), Caedus, Alema Ra.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by juyomaster34

To clarify, Asajj has killed a lot of Jedi Knights and Masters, most of them rather easily. Her ranking is somewhere just above AotC Obi-Wan/Kit Fisto.

Raptor22
My heart says Mara but it's tough to make a case for her based off feats, mainly because the time she lived thru didn't have any sith or other high level Competition to judge her by or compare her to. U could add cboath and lomi plo to the short list q99 made but with the exception of caedus they're dark Jedi, (I guess lumiya is technically a sith but personally I feel her claim to the title is shakey at best). With that being said I feel if Mara was placed in the same scenarios/fights ventress has been in she would do just as good if not better. Basically Mara doesn't have Jedi Knight/master level kills like ventress but if she were inclined to do so I'm sure she could have killed quite a few masters in straight up fights. for example if she went bad or they did I think kam and tionne soulsarr, kenth hammner, cigall etc... would fall to her.
Just my opinion, and like I said before tough to back up with feats, but my gut says Mara could best her.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Raptor22
My heart says Mara but it's tough to make a case for her based off feats, mainly because the time she lived thru didn't have any sith or other high level Competition to judge her by or compare her to. U could add cboath and lomi plo to the short list q99 made but with the exception of caedus they're dark Jedi, (I guess lumiya is technically a sith but personally I feel her claim to the title is shakey at best). With that being said I feel if Mara was placed in the same scenarios/fights ventress has been in she would do just as good if not better. Basically Mara doesn't have Jedi Knight/master level kills like ventress but if she were inclined to do so I'm sure she could have killed quite a few masters in straight up fights. for example if she went bad or they did I think kam and tionne soulsarr, kenth hammner, cigall etc... would fall to her.
Just my opinion, and like I said before tough to back up with feats, but my gut says Mara could best her.

I agree with that. I'd also add that while Asajj has an impresive track record, all of her kills, as skilled/powerful as they were, were still "standard Jedi."

Mara is not a standard Jedi at all. Her skills, mindset and techniques are very different from any Jedi Asajj has fought before. Look at her fight with Caedus for example. If Asajj goes into this expecting a typical Jedi fight she could be in for a surprise. Combined with her own skill, experience and Force power I think that would give Mara the win.

NewGuy01
Just read Mara's fight against Caedus, and honestly, I'm not all that impressed. Her advantage was completely due to the circumstances of the duel favoring her utterly.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Just read Mara's fight against Caedus, and honestly, I'm not all that impressed. Her advantage was completely due to the circumstances of the duel favoring her utterly.

Beg your pardon but what's wrong with that? Mara just did what any smart fighter would do; use the surroundings to her advantage and exploit any circumstances that gave her an edge.

Taay'hai
Asajj Ventress.

Q99
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Beg your pardon but what's wrong with that? Mara just did what any smart fighter would do; use the surroundings to her advantage and exploit any circumstances that gave her an edge.

It showed her skill at using surroundings, certainly.

And frankly, even with a favorable terrain, doing that well against a Caedus-level foe is damn impressive.

Remember for a moment how well Asajj does against unarmed Dooku when she has two force-using assistants.

I see Mara as quite solildy superior.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.