Superior Spider-Man vs. Luke Cage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowFyre
So just read issue 4 of Mighty Avengers. Luke and Dock Ock are gonna throw down. So figured I would throw this match out there before hand.

Spidey has one to two hours prep. What does he have to put Luke down? No mind control devices. Has to be something he is going to physically put Luke down with.

Enzeru
Giving Octavius prep gives him an insane advantage in the fight. Luke Cage might be having skin of steel, but that doesn't apply for his eyes, mouth and so on.
I could see Octavius coming up with a device, which would poison the air with nanobots, which would then take Luke Cage out from the inside.

Take away the prep-time and it might be a fight, which Octavius could win via suffocating, but I don't think he would be in the fight long enough due to Bendis giving Luke Cage ass and over the top strength feats in the past.

ShadowFyre
I gave him prep because in the issue he left for about an hour or so and came back with a big spiderbot thing and started calling Luke out in front of his wife and child. Thats why I tried limiting it to physical means only

ShadowFyre
Is there. Way to take pics off of digital comics?

zopzop
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Is there. Way to take pics off of digital comics?
Capture a screenshot then post the pic?

ShadowFyre
Oh wait. Ive got a note 2! Stylus for the motherphuckin win.

zopzop
Oh wait. Ive got a note 2! Stylus for the motherphuckin win.
LOL, you lunatic.

ShadowFyre
yup

ShadowFyre
If you start drinking like I have those lines look a lot straighter.

Enzeru
I hope Spider-Ock beats the living crap out of Luke Cage somehow. I absolutely hate Luke Cage. Not as much as I hate Batman and Joker, but Luke Cage isn't too far off.

With that being said ... in the comic it will end up in a stupid stalemate, or someone will interfere before it even starts. Yay comics.

ShadowFyre
They are pretty much borderline pushing Spock as an outright bad guy in this issue and Luke Cage as a humble family Man.

deathslash
They are pretty much borderline pushing Spock as an outright bad guy in this issue and Luke Cage as a humble family Man. That because Luke is a humble family man and Ock is borderline bad guy. Hope Luke kicks him in the balls soo hard that he explodes.

ShadowFyre
I was trying to get at the point that Spock will undoubtedly lose in the comic.

VeganDiet
If Superior Spidey could fight for crap, then I'd say he could win without prep, but he's proven himself pretty crap at dodging attacks and probably wouldn't stand up to more than one or two of Cage's hits.

ShadowFyre
I guess we will find out. Do you think Peter could take Luke?

VeganDiet
I guess we will find out. Do you think Peter could take Luke?
Absolutely, I do.

pym-ftw
Cage wins.

deathslash
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Cage wins. thumb up
http://i.imgur.com/E9iVMTY.jpg

deathlife
Cage will probably beat the crap out of Otto.

Bentley
Originally posted by Enzeru
I absolutely hate Luke Cage.

Reported for racism.

SamZED
If you start drinking like I have those lines look a lot straighter. The hell are you talking about? Those lines look perfectly straight to me.
SamZED
Moscow, Russia.

On the topic..
No PIS 2 hours of prep make this an absolute stomp in SpOck's favor. Like 18/10. Cage shouldnt stand a chance. And yet I see him beating the crap outta SpOck in the upcoming comic. He is going to be the leader so its inevitable. Not to mention there's no way in hell Marvel will let the only white guy of the group lead a team they unofficially call "the black avengers".

PS: SpOck and Cage already fought off-pannel. SpOck won via webbing.

StiltmanFTW
That's what it looked like, yes. But we've seen only 1 panel, so it's not impossible that he freed himself later.

It was pretty PISsy, because Luke could've just ripped the wall he got webbed to. He's more than strong enough, especially nowadays.

SamZED
True. There's also a chance that he was mind controled.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Estacado
Want to see Cage getting whooped....but it takes someone like Namor to do the job....ermm

ShadowFyre
I think an unleashed Venom or Carnage would **** Cage up.

Mshinu
Luce Cage gonna beat tha crap out of the scrawny little bug. If Otto owes him money it would be a stomp.

StiltmanFTW
I think an unleashed Venom or Carnage would **** Cage up.

Both tried, both failed. Cage eats symbiotes for a breakfast.

ShadowFyre
Which is bullshit. Theyre durability to blunt force is more than Cage can dish out.

zopzop
Which is bullshit. Theyre durability to blunt force is more than Cage can dish out.
Hater!

Diversityforce >>>>>>>>>>>> any puny symbiote! It's second only to Americaforce and even then it's a close fight that can go either way!

Cage stomps.

Bentley
Originally posted by zopzop
Hater!

Diversityforce >>>>>>>>>>>> any puny symbiote! It's second only to Americaforce and even then it's a close fight that can go either way!

Cage stomps.

Barton Force > America Force > Black Panther's Diversity Force > Heart Force > Loeb Force > Regular Diversity Force

ShadowFyre
I keep forgetting Luke thinks he is black just because he has black "friiends"

zopzop
Originally posted by Bentley
Barton Force > America Force > Black Panther's Diversity Force > Heart Force > Loeb Force > Regular Diversity Force
Reported for racism!

JayDaDon
Even comparing barton force to America force is blashphemy

Bentley
Reported for racism!

Barton is equally above all races ahah

ShadowFyre
So everyone is in agreement that SpOck wins?

zopzop
So everyone is in agreement that SpOck wins?
I'm going with Cage. Stronger, more durable, has at least some street fighting skills.

I don't know what SPock is gonna come up with in an hour or two that will put him down.

ShadowFyre
I'm going with Cage. Stronger, more durable, has at least some street fighting skills.

I don't know what SPock is gonna come up with in an hour or two that will put him down.

Reported for sexism.

ShadowFyre
I keep forgetting Luke thinks he is black just because he has black "friiends"

Reported for derailing your own thread.

zopzop
Reported for derailing your own thread.
laughing

Parmaniac
I don't know what SPock is gonna come up with in an hour or two that will put him down. A cryo pellet would be enough.

JayDaDon
Ock prepped for the avengers and his plans rolled them, I think he can wrap his head around a way to beat luke cage. Not to mention, in a pis free zone spock's speed advantage is killer

SamZED
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Ock prepped for the avengers and his plans rolled them, I think he can wrap his head around a way to beat luke cage. Not to mention, in a pis free zone spock's speed advantage is killer QFT

Also current SpOck has sonic webbing, cryo pellets (like Parm mentioned above), his webbing is stronger than Pete's, he's prepped against Avengers, sinister six, took him minutes to come up with a way to stop anti-matter Electro that was givving Thor trouble etc etc. surely Cage won't be a problem in a PIS free scenario.

But Bendis force changes everything.

Mr.McWrap
Originally posted by SamZED
QFT

Also current SpOck has sonic webbing, cryo pellets (like Parm mentioned above), his webbing is stronger than Pete's, he's prepped against Avengers, sinister six, took him minutes to come up with a way to stop anti-matter Electro that was givving Thor trouble etc etc. surely Cage won't be a problem in a PIS free scenario.

But Bendis force changes everything.

Except Bendis' isn't writing the story.

With prep time, Octo-Spider would win.
Without it, no. All he's gonna do is underestimate him then lose. Just because Cage was raised in 'da hood' doesn't mean he isn't smart. He beat Dr.Doom (I think he was still a 15 toner) because he repeatedly hit him in the same spot. He stood his ground against WonderMan because he fought dirty and threw dirt in his eyes or some s***. He beat Sabertooth to a pulp. Beat absorbing man,etc

TLbig grinR
Cage has been trained by Iron Fist, he's not stupid, he knows how to fight, he held his ground fighting Proxima and other high class Heroes/Villains. Plus Jessica Jones is there. I'm sure she can do.................something......

cdtm
Yeah, Cage has an impressive record. He even beat Iron Fist after taking his best punch, under Claremont. big grin

Who also had Cage get his ass beat by robots he couldn't even dent, who Iron Fist scrapped in one punch, but whatever..

It really depends on where the writer places Cage on a scale between Bendis and this: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/121048/2465672-lukecage_vs_scorpion.jpg

Losing to Gargan, of all people. Even Firelords loss to Spidey was less embarrassing. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Gargan became pathetic after he bonded with the shitty black goo symbiote. I liked him as Scorpion.

ShadowFyre
Well to be fair, that is how an actual.fight between two people shoild go when one outclasses yoj. Even if that person is a total failure.

maxivitopowe
who drew that?

zopzop
Ock prepped for the avengers and his plans rolled them
Speaking of PIS......... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I hope Cage beats this little turd into a coma.

deathlife
I think Cage has received a Bendis generated discrete power up.

These days, he throws punches that shake streets and city blocks.

deathslash

I hope Cage beats this little turd into a coma. thumb up

SamZED
Originally posted by Mr.McWrap
Except Bendis' isn't writing the story.

With prep time, Octo-Spider would win.
Without it, no. All he's gonna do is underestimate him then lose. Just because Cage was raised in 'da hood' doesn't mean he isn't smart. He beat Dr.Doom (I think he was still a 15 toner) because he repeatedly hit him in the same spot. He stood his ground against WonderMan because he fought dirty and threw dirt in his eyes or some s***. He beat Sabertooth to a pulp. Beat absorbing man,etc

TLbig grinR
Cage has been trained by Iron Fist, he's not stupid, he knows how to fight, he held his ground fighting Proxima and other high class Heroes/Villains. Plus Jessica Jones is there. I'm sure she can do.................something...... All that is great but without PIS SpOck doesn't even need to prep, he has enough tech to take Luke out as it is. Heck, he's got enough as it is without the tech. Superior speed, comparable strength, 10 long razor-sharp claws, an improved version of webbing that held class 70 characters in the past.
Also not trying to take anything from Luke but I think that Sabertooth he's beaten was classic pre-HF version, as for Doom... do I even have to say it?

I know it's not Bendis, was merely givving an example of PISy writing. I realize that I can spend days applying logic and common sense and the fight will still end with Luke speed blitzing SpOck FTW or something like that.

I hope Cage beats this little turd into a coma. Ock is among the smartest men in Marvel. Taking on the Avengers is hardly the craziest prep feat as far as comicbook prep feats go. And far from being Ock's most impressive one.

deathslash
All that is great but without PIS SpOck doesn't even need to prep, he has enough tech to take Luke out as it is. Heck, he's got enough as it is without the tech. Superior speed, comparable strength, 10 long razor-sharp claws, an improved version of webbing that held class 70 characters in the past.
Also not trying to take anything from Luke but I think that Sabertooth he's beaten was classic per-HF version as for Doom... do I even have to say it?
It's believable that Peter could beat Luke, but I don't think Ock could.

It's true that he has superior speed, but Luke has tagged Spider-man in the past as well as other characters of comparable speed, Luke is most certainly stronger than Ock (luke is somewhere around She-hulks level of strength these days), Luke is more durable than titanium (I can't see Ock's claws cutting him). Beating Doom is hardly unbelievable when you remember all of the higher teir bricks and other characters that Luke has fought in the past (Rhino, Ironclad, Absorbing Man, The hulk, Wonderman, Ironman).

SamZED
Originally posted by deathslash
It's believable that Peter could beat Luke, but I don't think Ock could.

It's true that he has superior speed, but Luke has tagged Spider-man in the past as well as other characters of comparable speed, Luke is most certainly stronger than Ock (luke is somewhere around She-hulks level of strength these days), Luke is more durable than titanium (I can't see Ock's claws cutting him). Beating Doom is hardly unbelievable when you remember all of the higher teir bricks and other characters that Luke has fought in the past (Rhino, Ironclad, Absorbing Man, The hulk, Wonderman, Ironman). I dont believe Luke has feats placing him anywhere near Shulkie level. On his best day he's somewhat stronger than Pete and even that has more to do with the way he's seen rather than according to feats. When I mentioned claws I meant he'd target Luke's eyes using his speed or webbing to slow Luke down. That's an option.
Back when he fought Doom he was listed as 2 or 3 tonner I believe. The upgrade came later and lets not compare the likes of Rhino to Dr. Doom. There's no explanation good enough for Doom losing to Luke.

zopzop
I dont believe Luke has feats placing him anywhere near Shulkie level. On his best day he's somewhat stronger than Pete and even that has more to do with the way he's seen rather than according to feats. When I mentioned claws I meant he'd target Luke's eyes using his speed or webbing to slow Luke down. That's an option.
Back when he fought Doom he was listed as 2 or 3 tonnes I believe. The upgrade came later and lets not compare the likes of Rhino to Dr. Doom. There's no explanation good enough for Doom losing to Luke.
Didn't LC recently survive a nuke blast and beat the crap out of She Hulk?

EDIT -
Face it Spider-man and his rogues gallery are teh suck.

Bentley
A non-canon Cage survived an explosion and attacked a She-Hulk that took a fall in order for them to infiltrate the Ultron-dome.

SamZED
Didn't LC recently survive a nuke blast and beat the crap out of She Hulk?

EDIT -
Face it Spider-man and his rogues gallery are teh suck. Non-canon.stick out tongue

And Spidey's rogues are second only to Batman's. And that is only thanks to a non-canon to main DC-verse Music Meister played by Neil Patric Harris.

StiltmanFTW
Immortal Wielder of the Bendispower is going to destroy little spider so bad...

He simply has no equals. Sweet Christmas.

SamZED
No equels maybe. But some people are his... superior...

See what I did there?

StiltmanFTW
ueywqUBW3oM

Seriously, reeks of fail how many times Marvel repeats it. Corny in the worst way.

SamZED
Youre just mad because im more handsome than you.

StiltmanFTW
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4821/pzar.gif

JayDaDon

I hope Cage beats this little turd into a coma.

Care explaining how that's PIS? The smartest member of the Avengers is Stark, and Ock checkmated Stark before that too. It only goes downhill from there in terms of brainpower, so explain how that's PIS and not just a very good showing.

ShadowFyre

zopzop
You know you love it!
icIwKaci3MI

ShadowFyre
Lmao @0:10 slapfight

Blue Area Vet
Scorpion is unlikely to outclass Cage now, especially after his fight with PM. In otherwords, ir doesn't mean crap now. A prepped up, teched up SPock should win.

deathslash
I dont believe Luke has feats placing him anywhere near Shulkie level. On his best day he's somewhat stronger than Pete and even that has more to do with the way he's seen rather than according to feats. When I mentioned claws I meant he'd target Luke's eyes using his speed or webbing to slow Luke down. That's an option.
Back when he fought Doom he was listed as 2 or 3 tonner I believe. The upgrade came later and lets not compare the likes of Rhino to Dr. Doom. There's no explanation good enough for Doom losing to Luke. erm On his best day he's so far above Pete's strength level that it approaches ridiculousness. Luke's been targeted at his eyes by people of similar speed and they all failed. You have yet to address all of the people of She-Hulk's level that Luke has beaten and/ or fought to a standstill (Absorbing Man, Rhino, Wonderman, The Hulk, Ironman, Ironclad).

I'm pretty certain that Luke was originally a 15 tonner but I may be wrong.

JayDaDon
Pete has beaten rhino with his fists, he's beaten Ironman, and the hulk as well. Strength is just one aspect. Spidey's rogue gallery is full of people who's strength should allow them to kill him in one shot, yet he makes them all his b*tches. Luke isn't even that much stronger than him either. Spidey's high end strength feats are just as ridiculous. But spidey is ALOT faster.

Sixth_Winged
When did cage fought hulk? Did he win?

Mr.McWrap
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
When did cage fought hulk? Did he win?

He fought a talking Hulk. I think it was after Iron Fist faked his death and they blamed Cage for it(Cage ran away because he didn't want to go back to jail for something he didn't do, blah, blah, blah). I think Hulk was tracking him down and they fought on a train. The fight was interrupted.

If I recall correctly, Cage went from 15 toner to 25. He fought some ugly black dude back in his own series. They both got some mutation experiment chemicals on them. The bad guy turned into a Broly and Cage gain more strength and won.

Spider-man (Peter) went from 15 to 25 (made a deal with the Devil) then went back to 15 tons.

Cage is stronger.

(Story-wise) I don't think OctoSpider had any prep time. All he did was left for a few moments because of some Looter, then came back with his robot spiders.

I can see Spider-Man gaining the advantage, but then She-Hulk would probably show up.

SamZED
erm On his best day he's so far above Pete's strength level that it approaches ridiculousness. Luke's been targeted at his eyes by people of similar speed and they all failed. You have yet to address all of the people of She-Hulk's level that Luke has beaten and/ or fought to a standstill (Absorbing Man, Rhino, Wonderman, The Hulk, Ironman, Ironclad).

I'm pretty certain that Luke was originally a 15 tonner but I may be wrong. What are you basing this on exactly? Those characters he fought? Rhino, Hulk, Absorbing Man, Iron Man, Namor, Thing is a small sample of the list of characters Pete fought and done well against, some of them he outright defeated, others stalemated and its far from being the full list. And he lacks Luke's durability which is the real reason Luke can fight these guys and not his strength. So if thats all youre basing this on I'll have to disagree. I personally feel that Luke is meant to be stronger than Pete being team's brick but saying he is head and shoulders above Pete is wishful thinking. Because once we start comparing strength feats Pete's are > and way more consistent than Luke's.

He is a 20+ tonner now, back then he was strong enough to toss a car.

SamZED
Originally posted by Mr.McWrap
Apparently Pete's upgrade still happened as he mentioned his fight with Morlun. Also his strength feats were as impressive in the past few years as they ever were.

JayDaDon
Cage may have durability, but Spidey's damage soak is world class as well.

StiltmanFTW
Apparently Pete's upgrade still happened as he mentioned his fight with Morlun. Also his strength feats were as impressive in the past few years as they ever were.

I think it's commonly accepted that he did lose it...

No organic webbing (this one's a separate upgrade, but still), no enhanced sense of touch, no nightvision, etc...

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I think it's commonly accepted that he did lose it...

No organic webbing (this one's a separate upgrade, but still), no enhanced sense of touch, no nightvision, etc... The way I see it they just used the opportunity to get rid of the unpopular powers I.e organic webbing, night vision etc yet somehow Kaine's got the stingers and Pete's had some great strength feats since BND.

StiltmanFTW
Fair enough, Sam.

This reminds me of Sabretooth's WX upgrade. We know that he somehow lost adamantium post M-Day, but as there's no evidence that he lost other buffs, we assume he still has them.

Parmaniac
Ock wins this fight. And easy at that.

In the comic he will loose though because Marvel likes to sell comics of the MEME known as "The Successful Black Man" that Luke Cage is now the avatar of, after years of being nothing more than a retarded stereotype.

way to go Marvel thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Pretty sure Modern Cage could solo a team consisting of Wolverine, Spider-Man, Batman and Superman. It'd be something like this:

Cage (berserking): SWEET CHRISTMAS!!!

Bats: I couldn't have prepped against this shit... forgive me, guys.

deathslash
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
When did cage fought hulk? Did he win? can't remember the issue number but here's a link to a website that shows scans of the fight. Just scroll down the page to see the fight. The website also has the Luke Cage vs Ironman, Sabretooth, and Doc Doom fights.

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=4305.0

StiltmanFTW
Wow. No words.

Mindless Hulk pwned him, though.

deathslash
Wow. No words.

Mindless Hulk pwned him, though. True. Also if you scroll down the page, there will be more pages to click on that show Cage's multiple feats(sort of like how you can go to the multiple pages on the threads).

cdtm
Pretty sure Modern Cage could solo a team consisting of Wolverine, Spider-Man, Batman and Superman. It'd be something like this:

Cage (berserking): SWEET CHRISTMAS!!!

Bats: I couldn't have prepped against this shit... forgive me, guys.

That's all pretty sane compared to:

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/ladylight/92525_Power_Man_8_Iron_Fist_084-23_.jpg

They both agree Danny can't beat Cage. Even Bendis knows better. stick out tongue

cdtm
True. Also if you scroll down the page, there will be more pages to click on that show Cage's multiple feats(sort of like how you can go to the multiple pages on the threads).

I liked his fight against Absorbing Man in h4h, when he was on that date with Shulkie.

Ostrander wrote a good Cage.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by cdtm
That's all pretty sane compared to:

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss206/ladylight/92525_Power_Man_8_Iron_Fist_084-23_.jpg

They both agree Danny can't beat Cage. Even Bendis knows better. stick out tongue

My word, that art is atrocious.

cdtm
My word, that art is atrocious.

The writing was even worse. yes

Mary Jo Duffy deserves points for keeping the series running until the real talent like Priest and Busiek had their say, but her stories weren't exactly engaging.. Basically just rehash's of better stories (Like Claremonts), or half assed social justice oriented affairs.. And Iron Fist may as well have been Tonto to Cages Lone Ranger, the way she wrote him..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.