Like the movie... Shoot!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deadman_nobody
Hi all!

I am not a professional filmmaker. I made the movie "Tibetan video of the dead" and I want to show it to you. This movie based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Story of a man who is clearly victimized by his oppressor, where he struggles in each lifetime to achieve and experience the freedom that has been denied.

The film was shot in the area of the sacred Mount Kailash (tibetan name Gang Rinpoche). It is considered a sacred place in four religions: Bon, Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism). The mountain lies near Lake Manassarovar and Lake Rakshastal in Tibet.

According to the Hindu religion, the lake Manassarovar was first created in the mind of the Lord Brahma after which it manifested on Earth. Hence, in Sanskrit it is called "Manasa sarovaram", which is a combination of the words manasa (mind) and sarovaram (lake).

According to Hindu scriptures, Rakshastal was created by Ravana for the express purpose of garnering superpowers through acts of devotion and meditation to the god, Shiva, who resided on Mount Kailash. It was upon the banks of a special island in this lake that he would make a daily offering with one of his ten heads as a sacrifice to please Shiva. Finally, on the tenth day, Shiva was moved enough by his devotion to grant Ravana his wish to obtain superpowers. This lake is set as a contrast to the holy god-created Lake Manasarovar.

Some scenes show to character reborn in afterlife the lake Manassarovar and find path to other life through death in Rakshastal.

Can I get link to youtube in section Artwork Forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.