Ruby Rose vs Momoyo Kawakami

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sacred108
Random encounter, in character, who wins?

Sacred 117
Who the f**k is Momoyo? uhuh

Danny Wayne
A girl you do not want to **** with. I am not familiar with ruby so I'll say momoyo. Her show or actually yamato's show is called majikoi oh samurai girls. It's actually a pretty good anime.

Danny Wayne
I'll argue for momoyo if you argue for ruby since we both know carp about each other's characters.

COG Veteran
Ruby shoots her in teh face.

Danny Wayne
Pretty sure you don't know who momoyo is if that's your strategy. You could shoot momoyo a 100 times in the face however it will not affect her at all.

COG Veteran
Then why make the f*cking thread.

Guess you just wanted to get your character an easy win.

Danny Wayne
Actually I didn't make the thread thank you very much. Do you even know how strong ruby is well neither do I. But sacred 117 was placing her in mid meta so she must be strong I'm just waiting for 117 to get back so he convince me otherwise cause I haven't started watching RWBY yet.

Edit: or are you just in one of your troll moods and that's why your being a dick.

KingD19
I just looked Momoyo up on a wiki. This is a spite thread.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Danny Wayne
I'll argue for momoyo if you argue for ruby since we both know carp about each other's characters.

Provide some feats and measurements, and we'll talk... MAYBE.

Danny Wayne
Alright I post some of the pics and videos later. Alright she tanks mini gun fire and also has the speed to dodge them. In one fight she pretty much sat the whole city on fire. What are some of rubys feats.

Edit: also while holding a mini gun she was dodging automatic fire and dented the mini gun over someone's head. She is a master of martial arts and knows 100s of different styles.

Edit of edit: she also bats away missiles and overpowered a girl who destroyed a tank with her fist in a few shots.

COG Veteran
Actually I didn't make the thread thank you very much.

Edit: or are you just in one of your troll moods and that's why your being a dick.

Convince screampaste of that.

You know me well.

Danny Wayne
Screampaste is a stubborn fool. Wait why even bring him up. Wait something's fishy around here.

Edit: also your move 117 wait I'll just call you John so I don't confuse you and 108.

Danny Wayne
Originally posted by KingD19
I just looked Momoyo up on a wiki. This is a spite thread. spite in whose favor

KingD19
Momoyo. She's literally the second strongest person in the entire world of her universe.

Danny Wayne
Being strong in one universe doesn't matter.

KingD19
No, but being able to casually launch people hundreds of meters with a punch, or playing kickball and having to be careful because that ball could heavily damage a plane does matter.

Sacred 117
Alright I post some of the pics and videos later. Alright she tanks mini gun fire and also has the speed to dodge them. In one fight she pretty much sat the whole city on fire. What are some of rubys feats.

Edit: also while holding a mini gun she was dodging automatic fire and dented the mini gun over someone's head. She is a master of martial arts and knows 100s of different styles.

Edit of edit: she also bats away missiles and overpowered a girl who destroyed a tank with her fist in a few shots.

Alright. I won't have a lot of time to participate in this, but I'll say a little bit.

I'm not sure how the first two feats make any sense. You're saying she tanks minigun fire while also implying that she dodges it. If you're doing one, you're not doing the other. I don't get "setting the city on fire." Denting a minigun over someone's head speaks more of the victim's durability than the perpetrator's strength, but swatting a missile is certainly worth mention. Though such as feat is only equivalent to the like of Master Chief.

RWBY is still rather fresh, so there's not a whole lot in the way of strength, striking power, and so forth. Absence of media longevity aside, RWBYverse was clocking heavy hypersonic+ speed ranges before the series even aired. They are all fairly comfortable bullet-timers, and Ruby is implied to be the fastest of them due to her "semblance". ("Semblances" have yet to be thoroughly covered.)

Her weapon, Crescent Rose, doubles as a sniper rifle which is also capable of propelling her at previously proclaimed speeds. I haven't yet looked at the calculations for the force behind the recoil, but I would guess that's at least as much, if not greater than the propulsion of a fighter jet. This also gives you a small idea of how durable she is for being able to naturally withstand it with no visible effort, as well as practically tanking an explosive shot to the face. I guess you could place adaptability next to that seeing as terminal velocity doesn't mean shit to her or the others. (You'll learn more about that.)

Crescent Rose is capable of even defying gravity with the level of recoil produced by it, which she proved in a battle with a Nevermore (basically a big-ass raven) that she proceeded to carry all the way up a Cliffside and decapitate in the same motion. (<---Strength feat.) Relatively, if you know anything about ballistics, the actual rounds should be putting out an equivalent level of force. Perhaps greater given that a bullet has less surface area (PSI) with greater density. Just so you're aware, this is by no means a conventional firearm, and is not to be scoffed at.

I'm actually not sure who will win this, but you wanted to know a little bit. You can't really argue with something you're ignorant of, after all. If I can find or conduct more exact, detailed calculations, I'll be sure to provide you with my findings. I am usually rather preoccupied though, so don't count on it.

Most importantly, you need to just watch RWBY as soon as f**king possible before I explain another damn thing! haermm

Danny Wayne
When I said she tanked it that was when she was slammed into the building and then was fired upon. When the firing stopped she came out of the building with bullets in her and they ended up just falling out and before this she was easily dodging them. She also has the ability to heal herself. And cause her body to explode like a grenade without damaging herself. She also has very powerful blast and she can use one with ease that is potential large building buster and that's not even close to her strongest move. And tbh I haven't exactly finished the series yet so I guess I'll try to finish it. I also think her punching speed at maximum effort is like 1000 punches per second.

Sacred 117
Fair enough. That makes more sense, but now I'm wondering what hit her to put her against the wall in the first place. Her durability is a little tricky for me since you mention she has a healing factor of some kind. Though you make it sound like something she has to activate, and that may be somewhat of a problem.

Her "self-destruct" won't mean anything seeing as Ruby was merely inconvenienced by an explosive round to the face, but it does sound as if she has decent DC if she can bust a building.

Finally, I'd like to address her speed. Given all the feats you've provided, it would put her in the supersonic+ range (Mach 2-5). Bullet-timing was the first sign, but what mainly drove that home was when you mentioned the "1000 punches per second", which was already kind of familiar to me.

Now, if you would be so kind, I'd rather leave this thread alone for some time. At least until you've seen all of the first season of RWBY. I will provide a little more perspective, but I would much prefer you read it AFTERWARDS. As I've said before, I can provide showings all day, everyday, but I'm trying look out for the better interest of future viewers, which would be to only reexamine this information in hindsight. I can't emphasize this enough!

Anyways, here is what I've come up with:

Now I said before that RWBY characters were well beyond base hypersonic, and I came across this calculation, which has helped me get a much better idea of what I was actually looking at. I have yet to take a second look at the scene to verify this, but it actually makes sense that RWBYverse is at least Mach 39, whether the calculation is 100% accurate or not. Either way, it's not something I would readily dismiss. Given that this is a lower-end showing executed by a lesser character, one can actually conclude that this isn't the best they can even do in terms of speed. Hell, this is actually later reinforced by the battle between Roman and Sun in which Roman was consistently dodging/deflecting shotgun fire at point blank (and I'm talking arm's reach). Since this is Ruby we're talking about, you'll have to remember that she's much faster than the rest of her team. The scene for which the calculation was conducted obviously featured Yang, who you can assume is the faster of Melanie and Miltia. When making her way to Ruby to assist her, Yang was extraordinarily out sped by Weiss, who was on the other end of the field. Prior to that, Ruby could blitz Weiss during casual conversation, let alone in conflict, which she actually did moments later. Ruby is thus far resting at the top tier in speed among her peers.

Before I directly address her strength again, I'd like you to have something to compare it to by looking at Ren's. This I was actually able to look slightly further into, and I'd say it checks out. As you can tell, many feats (like this one) are attributed in part to the characters activating their auras, but remember, metaphysical energy is still based on the user's actual physical capability. That said, this specific feat actually speaks for strength as well as durability, which I believe puts the former at Class M respectively. This is said to be enough to lift a small pyramid, and one's striking power is usually not far behind their strength. Ren actually proceeded to obliterate the King Kaijitu's head with a thrust of his palm. What's more impressive is Team RWBY and JNPR's fights that took place later against a Nevermore and a Death Stalker (giant scorpion). Just as a means of reaching her teammates, Nora destroyed the ground upon which her and Jaune stood, launching them several yards. She soon replicated this feat by killing the Death Stalker, hitting it with enough force to even shatter the platform beneath it. I would speculate that this at the very least puts her at Class MJ, enough to bust a building.

Why am I mentioning them? Well, by association of power level, you might infer that Ruby is within the same class as them. Her feat to follow actually proves it. During Team RWBY's encounter with the Nevermore, it completely destroyed the structure beneath them just by flying through it, which can be assumed to be comparable to a building, so you can already tell how strong it is. This goes back to my earlier mention of Ruby carrying it vertically roughly 200ft and beheading it. This creature struggled to free itself from an iceberg Weiss had used to trap it, but Ruby was able to pull it out of that while having to resist gravity on two fronts: natural gravity and Weiss' glyph trail. A lesser challenge for you or I would be something akin to dragging a tank uphill.

Durability is probably the most difficult thing to accurately determine here since Ruby hasn't taken very many hits. (You can probably thank her speed for that.) The best thing you could do right now is guesstimate by comparison. Ren's snake feat might help with this some, and Blake was actually blasted through a train cart by a giant cannon only to get right back up to confront the machine responsible for it. Recall earlier when I speculated Crescent Rose's firepower by relating it to its propulsion? Characters like Cinder don't give f**king about this shit, as she demonstrated by simply Vader-palming all of Ruby's shots with seemingly hilarious ease. Ruby's not Cinder, of course, but it gives you and idea of how potentially durable this universe is. Though, much like any of these characters with any of their stats, there is not yet a clear definition of Ruby's actual durability, but proportional to her physical might, you could probably safely put her around building level.

This is my current insight on it with what is available to me. As said, the series is still rather fresh with most of its showings, but I hope this gives you a proper perspective on it. Believe me, I've thought very seriously about this.

All of this aside, I hope you enjoyed the show, man. smile (It's not likely that you didn't. big grin) I'm SOOO damn ready for whatever comes next!

http://global3.memecdn.com/rwby-fans-will-know_o_2079701.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.