Alan Scott & KC Superman vs. Blue Marvel & Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Cogito
At his best Alan is in the lower end of the trans tier, and KC Superman I place at the high end of the HH tier, so I've gotta give it to them. Tough fight though

deathslash
Originally posted by Cogito
At his best Alan is in the lower end of the trans tier, and KC Superman I place at the high end of the HH tier, so I've gotta give it to them. Tough fight though How's Alan in the lower end of trans tier(I genuenly don't know much about him)?

Cogito
He has, on numerous occasions, solo'd big baddies who had just beat the JSA, including Mordru twice I believe.

In the later years of his appearances they really expanded on him and the Starheart. It was revealed that he isn't even a real person anymore, but Starheart energy held together and directed by his willpower. He's got awesome energy feats, and is unquestionably the strongest regular member of the JSA (barring Thunderbolt).

Pillow Biter
As in most things comics, there is nothing really unquestionable about him. He was being pushed for awhile as the big gun, though at other times Fate or Black Adam seemed more powerful. When he regained the Starheart, after Mordru took it, Alan took back the name Green Lantern and fashioned a ring again. It didn't explicitly say that made him less powerful, but for whatever reason, after the period of being pushed, Alan never seemed that powerful again. I would say that on average, Alan is a top GL, a touch below Hal Jordan in effectiveness, with slightly different powers due to being magical.

Cogito
Alan basically was the green flame. At times he was stronger or weaker depending on how much of its energies he tapped into. He was always kind of afraid of losing his humanity.

I would also not say he's less effective than Hal. Hal really only had one feat that matched or bested Alan, and that was the Krona buster.

zopzop
I <3 BM but his team isn't winning this.

Pillow Biter
I'm not sure how easily one can reconcile all of Alan's showings with just drawing more or less energy.
He has by no means consistently seemed above high herald level. He was pushed for a while, and has seemed more powerful than other GLs (or even heroes at times). But he has also seemed weaker. And I'm not sure all of these diverse showings correspond with explicit power ups and downs--it seems like writers just got tired of pushing him at some point.

Digi
Don't know enough about team Marvel to say for sure. They're up against two characters that straddle the HH/Trans. line though.

Originally posted by Pillow Biter
I'm not sure how easily one can reconcile all of Alan's showings with just drawing more or less energy.
He has by no means consistently seemed above high herald level. He was pushed for a while, and has seemed more powerful than other GLs (or even heroes at times). But he has also seemed weaker. And I'm not sure all of these diverse showings correspond with explicit power ups and downs--it seems like writers just got tired of pushing him at some point.

His best feats came in the last couple years pre-FP.

srug

beatboks
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
As in most things comics, there is nothing really unquestionable about him. He was being pushed for awhile as the big gun, though at other times Fate or Black Adam seemed more powerful. When he regained the Starheart, after Mordru took it, Alan took back the name Green Lantern and fashioned a ring again. It didn't explicitly say that made him less powerful, but for whatever reason, after the period of being pushed, Alan never seemed that powerful again. I would say that on average, Alan is a top GL, a touch below Hal Jordan in effectiveness, with slightly different powers due to being magical.

Alan reforged the ring as a symbol only. There are hundreds of instances after that when he was shown creating energy constructs from his eyes, hands, and things other than a ring. Also several of his most powerful showings are post that issue so "never seemed powerful again" is WAY off base. It has been shown recently (pre 52) that he holds back quite a bit to contain the starheart for fear of what would happen if it takes over him. In the final issue of Justice Society he solos a being who soloed the rest of the JSA (which had a massive line up) including Fate and Thunderbolt and had in fact absorbed all their powers. he was reluctant to do so because using that much power might let the starheart out. Micheal Holt told him he believed Alan always had the strength to control it.

carver9
Team 2 wins.

Golgo13
Team 1 stomps.

kgkg
Team 1

leonidas
100% NOT team marvel.....

Prof. T.C McAbe
Team 1. 9/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.