Who below Skyfather can beat this version of Surfer???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Surfer has Thor hammer (he is able to pick it up and use it at its full potential) and he has mastered its power. He also have Spiderman Spider Sense which sends a warning to him at the speed of light.

Branlor Swift
Not Hulk

eaebiakuya
Spider-sense does any difference to someone with cosmic awereness + plus his senses ( he can see atoms, eletromagnetic waves, etc, etc...) ? I dont think so...

Badabing
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Not Hulk He said below skyfather. Silly Bran. roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg
Ya spider sense is almost useless...Surfer already has one of the best senses in comics.

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Not Hulk

thumb up

So what character?

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
He also have Spiderman Spider Sense which sends a warning to him at the speed of light. dur

carver9
Lol.

JakeTheBank
Thor.

Mindset
Originally posted by kgkg
Ya spider sense is almost useless...Surfer already has one of the best senses in comics. SS seems to work better in combat.

Golgo13
Constantine and his godly magic.

Wei Phoenix
DOOM, just remember all caps when you spell his name.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Badabing
He said below skyfather. Silly Bran. roll eyes (sarcastic) Hulk isn't Doom confused

Bouboumaster
What's the hammer brings to the table?
Surfer is already able to statlemate Thor without it.

So, to me basically, it's Surfer with a useless hammer.
And to answer this question, Thor has a shot at winning.

ShadowFyre
No one in Marvel, but those with the most Deus ex machina of powers. Thor is one of the only characters that stand at the top of the food chain with Surfer and almost the only character that has a powerset stated by Surfer many times to not only be able to match Power Cosmic but to surpass it at times as well.
That being said. Any character with some hax ability.

Dr. Strange-spell of thornsurfer asswhoopery
Scarlet Witch-hex of unbindingness
Captain Universe-pies
Dr. Fate-somethin
Reed, Pym-some device of complete and total bullshittery whose scientific nature is completely unbelievable by 10 year olds standards little lone the sad, lonely adults who debate upon KMC.
Squirrel Girl-ability to amp to possible abstract levels
Classic Superman-lets face it, despite having absolutely no reason t not be flattened in seconds by Silver Thor he would literally pull a bag of tricks out of his ass, search through it. And have a new ability.

jaxthejester
Surfer with Mjolnir, should have Thor's power-set stacked on top of his own.
Akin to the transformation Beta Ray Bill undertook.

That's a LOT of power.

You would need to find an equalizer for another foe, or go for the "Bridge Class" and find someone that is just this side of Skyfather themselves.

A few ideas would be...

Superboy Prime.

H/P Doomsday

Classic Thanos

Standard "Thor Class" heroes with a Soul Gem or other booster.

wolverinos
i dont see how mjolnir adds much, also i dont see how spider sense add anything since surfers own awareness is probably greater than the spider sense .... basically its surfer + abillities that are either inferior or on par with his own powers the way i see it.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

That kind of answers your own question.

Thor can stalemate Surfer.
Thor's Hammer provides the power of Thor to the worthy.
Thus it should roughly double Surfer's effective power level.

Seems a worthy boost to me. big grin

maxivitopowe
Does he acc use the cosmic awareness to sense danger though cos I've seen him get blindsided a lot

jaxthejester
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Does he acc use the cosmic awareness to sense danger though cos I've seen him get blindsided a lot

He can. He has Cosmic Awareness Feats. But you are correct- he doesn't tend to have a Spider Sense that just goes off prior to an attack.
For Surfer, it seems more like he needs to focus more to use it with precision (i.e.- to know what is coming); or else he gets more of the Yoda thing (sensing a "disturbance in the Force" so to speak).

ShadowFyre
Uhhh Mjolnir is a huge boost to anyone who recieves it and all of Thors powers. Thor has beaten SS and vice versa. Thats kinda why people are always tryin to take it .

wolverinos
Originally posted by jaxthejester

Thor's Hammer provides the power of Thor to the worthy.
Thus it should roughly double Surfer's effective power level.

very bad logic.
Thor without mjolnir still has his own powers and strength, so by your logic thor with mjolnir is thor X2? doesnt make sense.

JakeTheBank
Mjolnir doesn't give you Thor's stats unless you actually get transformed into Thor.

Branlor Swift

And to answer this question, Thor has a shot at winning. Well assuming it gives nothing to Surfer's stats:

It gives a more effective shield for Surfer.
It allows him to have two homing projectiles at the same time. The guy could feasibly win fights just from making an indestructible shield around him and board spamming people. Or by spinning the hammer around someone while zipping around blasting them.
And it gives him more shit to shoot with without draining his own resources. Imagine Surfer firing a blast through the hammer, and his hands/eyes?

Surfer with the hammer would be absolutely retarded

JakeTheBank
Surfer could blast the hammer with his own energy, absorb it, and then shoot it at someone at x10 to x100 power.

Lol. I would do that.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Surfer could blast the hammer with his own energy, absorb it, and then shoot it at someone at x10 to x100 power.

Lol. I would do that.

Yeah. On high ends this is basically two deus ex machina characters bringin twice the deus as anyone else.

Magic Joe
Genis

pym-ftw
Ultron.

jaxthejester
Originally posted by wolverinos
very bad logic.
Thor without mjolnir still has his own powers and strength, so by your logic thor with mjolnir is thor X2? doesnt make sense.

It does. Thor is just an exception.

Mjolnir once did give the good Mr. Blake the ability to turn into Thor.

Then Odin removed that element and made Thor have his powers independent of his Hammer.
Prior to this- the Hammer made him Thor.
After this- the Hammer simply allowed Thor to better use his own powers.

But if you step away from Thor and look at others who used the Hammer...

Beta Ray Bill received Thor's power by using the hammer.

Wonder Woman (non-canon) and Superman (non-canon) also made it clear that they felt a HUGE power boost from Mjolnir when they used it.

Mjolnir grants the power of Thor to a "non-Thor worthy user"- or at least, it used to before Odin retconed the existence of Thor's human alter ego.
But that said- it seems like the intent of this battle is clearly designed around Mjolnir granting the "Classic Thor Upgrade" to Surfer.

Which would indeed roughly double Surfer's effective power level.

ODG
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir194a-Enchantmentv276.jpg

Digi
OP stips still only make him a Trans. character. Surfer with Mjolnir isn't a Skyfather-buster. I'd have to think about who I'd give wins to, but several in the mid or upper parts of Trans. would beat him.

Lol. I would do that.

Heh. Why Thor has never done this with lightning is beyond me. It's a bit too haxx to make sense in a comic. But it would be awesome to see.

h1a8
Originally posted by kgkg
Ya spider sense is almost useless...Surfer already has one of the best senses in comics. You don't know much do you. The spidey sense is precog and gives warning of attacks before they happen. No meditation needed.

Skyfather's couldn't beat this Surfer.

Surfer's defense would be infinite. He can't be touched (Spidey sense, shields, intangibility, etc.). Surfer's blasts would be far more powerful (especially sending them back 100 fold).

Rage.Of.Olympus

no expression

The hammer grants him a more powerful form of defense in energy absorption, force fields, blocking etc. He won't be reliant on ambient cosmic radiation, can fire massively powerful energy attacks independent of his reserves not to mention those huge lightning bolts and so on. It'd amp his striking power to immense levels depending on how much energy he'd charge it with. There's plenty of benefits.

Not to mention it'd just flat out make him significantly more powerful.

zopzop
Surfer's fighting style and Mjolnir don't mix well.

As to the thread, any Trans Tier can do it :
Thanos
Korvac
Grandmaster
Keeper (SS + Quantum Bands have better synergy than SS + Mjolnir)

You get the point.

ODG
Originally posted by zopzop
Surfer's fighting style and Mjolnir don't mix well. Any particular reason for thinking so?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
You don't know much do you. The spidey sense is precog and gives warning of attacks before they happen. No meditation needed.

Surfer's defense would be infinite. He can't be touched (Spidey sense, shields, intangibility, etc.). Surfer's blasts would be far more powerful (especially sending them back 100 fold).

Odin would beat the shit out of him.

LordofBrooklyn
Superboy Prime

h1a8
Odin would beat the shit out of him. Yeah, he take away Mjolnir. Other than that Odin would get stomped. Surfer would be impossible to hit.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, he take away Mjolnir. Other than that Odin would get stomped. Surfer would be impossible to hit.

He doesn't have to take away Mjolnir. He could just overpower Surfer in more ways than I care to count at the moment. Even if you completely amalgamate Surfer/Thor, Odin would crush the end result.

DarkSaint85
For all his power, this version of Surfer is still...the Silver Surfer.

Someone like Loki could still trick him. Constantine would manipulate him into hitting himself etc etc.

Power isn't everything.

Epicurus

You don't know much do you.

jaxthejester
Odin would beat the shit out of him.

True.

h1a8

So in order for anyone to beat this Surfer they would have to be able to land an attack, which is impossible. Then they would have to deal with black holes and Mjolnir spamming.

Silent Master

So in order for anyone to beat this Surfer they would have to be able to land an attack, which is impossible. Then they would have to deal with black holes and Mjolnir spamming.

You're aware that skyfather's have attacks that don't have to physically touch people in order to work, right?

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
You're aware that skyfather's have attacks that don't have to physically touch people in order to work, right? You mean like tp? Well SS has shown resistance and he would attack far faster than they can pull it off.

DarkSaint85
You mean like tp? Well SS has shown resistance and he would attack far faster than they can pull it off.

Why?

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Why? Because tp requires time to concentrate to think about it and activate it. Again Norrin has shown resistance. But if a character would employ that attack then SS would simply shoot then with a black hole blast.

Board Walker
Superboy prime would wreck this Surfer

DarkSaint85
Because tp requires time to concentrate to think about it and activate it. Again Norrin has shown resistance. But if a character would employ that attack then SS would simply shoot then with a black hole blast.

How much time?

carver9
The question is "who BELOW skyfather can beat this version of Surfer", not A skyfather.

Board Walker
Well I suppose since skyfathers are not allowed, that eliminates Superboy prime, most other high end incarnations of superman, and high end versions of hulk.

I say Buggs bunny, Wile Coyote, Marvin the Martian, the mask.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.