Rank these ten smart guys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mshinu
Rank these guys in smarts:

Bruce Banner
Batman
T`Challa
Spiderman (Parker)
Dr Octopus
Superman
Lex Luthor
Professor X
Hank Pym
Norman Osborn

abhilegend
Lex.

Rest of these.

pym-ftw
Hank Pym

Bruce Banner
T'Challa
Otto
Lex Luthor
Parker
Wayne
Kent
Professor X
Norman Osborn

janus77
Bruce Banner
Dr Octopus
T`Challa
Lex Luthor
Hank Pym
Spiderman (Parker)
Professor X
Batman
Superman
Norman Osborn

abhilegend
Lex is smarter than both Pym and Banner.

janus77
Originally posted by abhilegend
Lex is smarter than both Pym and Banner.
Well, you were half-right. Which is a measure of progress! yes.

abhilegend
I'm totally right. As always.

byrdgang21
Banner
Lex
Pym
Tchalla
Parker
Batman
Otto
Professor X
Osborne
Superman

Golgo13
Lex
Pym/Banner

Don't care. wink

pym-ftw
What puts Lex above Pym?

Firefly218
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Banner
Lex
Pym
Tchalla
Parker
Batman
Otto
Professor X
Osborne
Superman

Move Otto above Batman and thumb up

Golgo13
BTW, Ultra Humanite>TO Morrow>Lex Luthor.

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
What puts Lex above Pym?
Usurping the power of an omnipotent, creating a pocket universe out of nothing, outsmarting brainiac etc.

pym-ftw
So things Pym does in the backround of his comics...

Pym has collapsed realities(something the entire illumanati couldn't do), built a home in what amounts to heaven (underspace), out thinks Ultron to the point it had gotten embarrassing... Not to mention the many varied fields he holds high level degrees in.

Everything from biology to physics to mechanical engineering to A.I. robotics

JakeTheBank
Usurping the power of an omnipotent, creating a pocket universe out of nothing, outsmarting brainiac etc.

Almost Doom level. mmm

In all seriousness to Lex, I do think his stock rose a lot right before the reboot. He had good feats before to be sure, but they really gave him a much needed push in the last few years of DC's previous canon.

I think the top three would probably be Pym, Luthor, and Banner.

pym-ftw
In that order?

JakeTheBank
One's mileage may vary. I would say Pym and Luthor are pretty close to one another. Recently, Banner's been getting really good tech feats and direct comparison to peers, but I'd edge Luthor and Pym over him.

abhilegend
So things Pym does in the backround of his comics...

Pym has collapsed realities(something the entire illumanati couldn't do), built a home in what amounts to heaven (underspace), out thinks Ultron to the point it had gotten embarrassing... Not to mention the many varied fields he holds high level degrees in.

Everything from biology to physics to mechanical engineering to A.I. robotics
That are things that Superman has done, much less Lex. Building a heaven which captures spirits, done in For Tomorrow. Outsmarting Brainiac 13, done in Y2K. Creating miracle machine that recreates entire multiverse, done in Final crisis. So Pym is almost as smart as Superman?

When has Pym ever usurped the power of an omnipotent?Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Almost Doom level. mmm

In all seriousness to Lex, I do think his stock rose a lot right before the reboot. He had good feats before to be sure, but they really gave him a much needed push in the last few years of DC's previous canon.

I think the top three would probably be Pym, Luthor, and Banner.
If they ever crossed over, Lex would be a rival to Reed more than Pym. He's just that smart. Pym and Banner are small fishes.

Supra
Lex

JakeTheBank
If they ever crossed over, Lex would be a rival to Reed more than Pym. He's just that smart. Pym and Banner are small fishes.

Hmmm.

I'd think Lex would be facing off more against the likes of Stark and Pym than Reed. Partly because Reed is more of an explorer scientist than one who's constantly building things like Stark or a (good) mad scientist type like Pym. Not to say him and Reed couldn't be rivals, but Luthor is just as much of a business man as he is a scientist.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize that Luthor and Stark would probably get into the most more so that Luthor with either Richards or Pym.

Supra
lex luthor runs circles around all these "smart guys"

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hmmm.

I'd think Lex would be facing off more against the likes of Stark and Pym than Reed. Partly because Reed is more of an explorer scientist than one who's constantly building things like Stark or a (good) mad scientist type like Pym. Not to say him and Reed couldn't be rivals, but Luthor is just as much of a business man as he is a scientist.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize that Luthor and Stark would probably get into the most more so that Luthor with either Richards or Pym.
Nah, as the official smartest beings on either earths Reed and Lex would go at it. Lex as a businessman was retconned after Birthright and Secret Origins, he is a scientist first and foremost who happens to be a businessman too. Good riddance with businessman Luthor though, I never liked Kingpin lite Luthor.

JakeTheBank
Nah, as the official smartest beings on either earths Reed and Lex would go at it. Lex as a businessman was retconned after Birthright and Secret Origins, he is a scientist first and foremost who happens to be a businessman too. Good riddance with businessman Luthor though, I never liked Kingpin lite Luthor.

I like LexCorp and the concept of Luthor being one of the military's leading weapon designers and the like. I do think science should be his main focus, but he should still be a "legitimate businessman". I don't care for Luthor being outed as a straight up supervillain/mad scientist in the public's eyes. Maybe shady, sure, but the rep of being a business mogul with more wealth than Bruce Wayne gives him a much larger and menacing presence than straight up criminal Luthor, imo.

pym-ftw
That are things that Superman has done, much less Lex. Building a heaven which captures spirits, done in For Tomorrow. Outsmarting Brainiac 13, done in Y2K. Creating miracle machine that recreates entire multiverse, done in Final crisis. So Pym is almost as smart as Superman?

When has Pym ever usurped the power of an omnipotent?
If they ever crossed over, Lex would be a rival to Reed more than Pym. He's just that smart. Pym and Banner are small fishes. lol, by that logic is Ben Grimm now a super genius because he helps build things reed creates?

He has never had to, omnipotent beings like Pym(Kirby, Eternity)

laughing out loud

abhilegend
I like LexCorp and the concept of Luthor being one of the military's leading weapon designers and the like. I do think science should be his main focus, but he should still be a "legitimate businessman". I don't care for Luthor being outed as a straight up supervillain/mad scientist in the public's eyes. Maybe shady, sure, but the rep of being a business mogul with more wealth than Bruce Wayne gives him a much larger and menacing presence than straight up criminal Luthor, imo.
I think post infinite crisis handled it best. He was a scientist/businessman hybrid who was one of the most evil guys period. Dude created the cure for his sister's cancer out of tea leaves which only cured her for ten minutes only. That was just to show superboy that he can do it and he will cure her permanently once he kills superman. That's just...........evil.

abhilegend
lol, by that logic is Ben Grimm now a super genius because he helps build things reed creates?

He has never had to, omnipotent beings like Pym(Kirby, Eternity)

laughing out loud
Except superman did all those things by himself and is a certified genius.

Enough to punch him in the mouth.

mmm

JakeTheBank
I think post infinite crisis handled it best. He was a scientist/businessman hybrid who was one of the most evil guys period. Dude created the cure for his sister's cancer out of tea leaves which only cured her for ten minutes only. That was just to show superboy that he can do it and he will cure her permanently once he kills superman. That's just...........evil.

I did like that comic a lot.

But still, I think Lex can be a good villain and evil (though he should have a warped sense of morality and good, obviously) without him being outed as a typical villain. It seems beneath him, I guess. Have ties with them, sure. Hire them to do his dirty work, yeah. But Luthor being in the Society or Legion or Doom or Injustice League in official capacity and fighting heroes out in the open just seems...off.

abhilegend
I did like that comic a lot.

But still, I think Lex can be a good villain and evil (though he should have a warped sense of morality and good, obviously) without him being outed as a typical villain. It seems beneath him, I guess. Have ties with them, sure. Hire them to do his dirty work, yeah. But Luthor being in the Society or Legion or Doom or Injustice League in official capacity and fighting heroes out in the open just seems...off.
Yeah, Jeff Lemire rocks.

Agreed.

pym-ftw
Except superman did all those things by himself and is a certified genius.

Enough to punch him in the mouth.

mmm he didn't invent the miracle machine. So is Cho, Pym embarrassed him.

That's how real men say Hello, mad

But we can all agree Norman loses here.

abhilegend
he didn't invent the miracle machine. So is Cho, Pym embarrassed him.

That's how real men say Hello, mad

But we can all agree Norman loses here.
He rebuilt it from scratch. He found a way to shrink and store the ****ing universe on his own.

http://i.imgur.com/LaAc4R2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vCwFNA5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/p4q6odL.jpg

Cho has nothing on superman in feats.

Except Eternity has had his balls cut off by Starlin long ago.

Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.