Thor vs Dr. Manhatten

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thor
(Any version except for Sky Father level)

vs

Dr. Manhattan

JakeTheBank
Thor absorbs him into Mjolnir.

Gg

h1a8
Thor would have to fight really weird to think of that. Plus Plus Manhattan can go intangible or solid mass or teleport to prevent it.
Anyway Manhattan is always looking into the future. So Thor can do nothing.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor would have to fight really weird to think of that. Plus Plus Manhattan can go intangible or solid mass or teleport to prevent it.

He uses energy absorption a lot. And he's absorbed living energy before. It's not even an OOC tactic for him.

Thor can effect intangible beings and can teleport himself and others, too, for the record.

Manhattan looking in the future doesn't mean he can change the outcome of the inevitable. Kinda the whole point of Watchmen. Thor can do plenty to him, too.

Branlor Swift
Is the ability to see into the future now a reason for being unbeatable?

Uuuuuuuuugggghhhh

iceman24567
Thor 9/10

iceman24567
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Is the ability to see into the future now a reason for being unbeatable?

Uuuuuuuuugggghhhh Oh intangibility aswell

Silent Master

1) Thor can and has effected people that were intangible
2) Thor can and has absorbed energy beings
3) Thor can and has teleported

You should really read up on the characters involved before replying to topics.

Supra
Im using his hammer but even I lose...DM is beyond any world we know of...thor cannot stop him. his tj will prolly overside the hammer as well

iceman24567
Originally posted by Supra
Im using his hammer but even I lose...DM is beyond any world we know of...thor cannot stop him. his tj will prolly overside the hammer as well You are incorrect

Supra
Originally posted by iceman24567
You are incorrect

what on earth can thor do to him..that has not already been tried?

Silent Master
Im using his hammer but even I lose...DM is beyond any world we know of...thor cannot stop him. his tj will prolly overside the hammer as well

Was that supposed to make sense?

Supra
Originally posted by Silent Master
Was that supposed to make sense?

no

JakeTheBank
what on earth can thor do to him..that has not already been tried?

Uh, magic? Specifically the mystical abilities of one of the most haxxed weapons in comics outside of universal or omnipotent level artifacts?

iceman24567
Was that supposed to make sense? Soul sucking? Koing his ass with a charged hammer toss? None of thats been tried not to mention Thor has fought beings several times more powerful than Manhatten.

Supra
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Uh, magic? Specifically the mystical abilities of one of the most haxxed weapons in comics outside of universal or omnipotent level artifacts?

and then if somehow that "can" touch him or create temporel wake and disperse his energy he will just reform himself and come back even more made.

he controls all that is bro, he can create from thought, he can destroy from thought, he needs no air, he is omnipotent-having unlimited power; able to do anything.

iceman24567
and then if somehow that "can" touch him or create temporel wake and disperse his energy he will just reform himself and come back even more made.

he controls all that is bro, he can create from thought, he can destroy from thought, he needs no air, he is omnipotent-having unlimited power; able to do anything. Wrong he isnt omnipotent or the story would have been different

Supra
Wrong he isnt omnipotent or the story would have been different

go read the comic book, he is in having unlimited power; able to do anything. create anything, and destroy even his own creations and able to create life itself

show me him being harmed and not recovereing from it, i can show you plenty of times thor gets whaled on..

I love thor more then most but a beat down is a beat down

Silent Master

he controls all that is bro, he can create from thought, he can destroy from thought, he needs no air, he is omnipotent-having unlimited power; able to do anything.

As I pointed out to h1a8

Supra
As I pointed out to h1a8

When did I say he was using energy blasts and even if he can effect the intangible he reforms himself as many times as he wants..he can go into other dimensions not even thor could follow..based on he had no clue where he went after dispersing him..

DM cannot be killed..

JakeTheBank
go read the comic book, he is in having unlimited power; able to do anything. create anything, and destroy even his own creations and able to create life itself

show me him being harmed and not recovereing from it, i can show you plenty of times thor gets whaled on..

I love thor more then most but a beat down is a beat down

Manhattan claimed a lot of those things but didn't show it. Silver Surfer has just as much hyperbolic statements of his power and actually has the feats to show for it, too. And Surfer has been stalemated and beaten by Thor.

You have to realize that by Manhattan living in a world with no superpowers other than his own, of course he's going to look godlike.

I mean, if Thor can absorb energy from a universal entity such as the Phoenix Force, or absorb energy from a bomb capable of destroying a galaxy, there's really nothing to suggest he can't absorb the energy of Manhattan, who is just composed of atomic energy...paltry in comparison to the sources of energy Thor has contained.

Supra
Manhattan claimed a lot of those things but didn't show it. Silver Surfer has just as much hyperbolic statements of his power and actually has the feats to show for it, too. And Surfer has been stalemated and beaten by Thor.

You have to realize that by Manhattan living in a world with no superpowers other than his own, of course he's going to look godlike.

I mean, if Thor can absorb energy from a universal entity such as the Phoenix Force, or absorb energy from a bomb capable of destroying a galaxy, there's really nothing to suggest he can't absorb the energy of Manhattan, who is just composed of atomic energy...paltry in comparison to the sources of energy Thor has contained.

he had so much power he said "if there is a god, i am surely not him"

yet he cannot be killed..

iceman24567

I love thor more then most but a beat down is a beat down He was never harmed because in his universe no superhuman beings were present...except HIM. Thousands of people died and he couldnt do shit about. Thor traps him in his hammer

Supra
He was never harmed because in his universe no superhuman beings were present...except HIM. Thousands of people died and he couldnt do shit about. Thor traps him in his hammer

We resorting to cussing now to fill blanks in knowledge?

Silent Master
When did I say he was using energy blasts and even if he can effect the intangible he reforms himself as many times as he wants..he can go into other dimensions not even thor could follow..based on he had no clue where he went after dispersing him..

DM cannot be killed..

Again, Thor can and has absorbed energy beings, please note that I specified energy beings and not energy blasts...in case you missed it...Thor can and has absorbed energy beings.

BTW, Thor can and has teleoprted bewteen dimensions.

Supra
Again, Thor can and has absorbed energy beings, please note that I specified energy beings and not energy blasts...in case you missed it...Thor can and has absorbed energy beings.

BTW, Thor can and has teleoprted bewteen dimensions.

Yes I know he has but how can he find and chose which one DM phases to? Can Thor now sense energy in other dimensions?

JakeTheBank
he had so much power he said "if there is a god, i am surely not him"

yet he cannot be killed..

Manhattan says a lot of shit, though. I can find dozens of examples of Surfer monologuing over the Power Cosmic and how his power knows no limits. Hell, I can find plenty of examples of Thor monologuing over how mighty he is. Thing is, both Surfer and Thor have tons of feats at least backing up their claims. Manhattan doesn't. And again, he lives in a world with no other superpowered beings.

He can't be killed in the sense that, typically, energy cannot be created or destroyed as science would tell us. In the world of comics, that's not true. A sufficiently powerful enough energy manipulator would just absorb Manhattan or dissipate him. And the likes of Thor and Surfer are exponentially more powerful than the machines that briefly dispersed Manhattan.

iceman24567
We resorting to cussing now to fill blanks in knowledge? Nice dodging ignoring facts because i said the S word oh no no expression.

JakeTheBank
Yes I know he has but how can he find and chose which one DM phases to? Can Thor now sense energy in other dimensions?

Mjolnir can, yes.

It's tracking abilities transcend dimensions and have for, well, pretty much since Thor was created as a character. Furthermore, if Manhattan warps to another dimension, leaving the battleground, that would be a self BFR.

Silent Master

As a matter of fact, yes...Thor can and has used Mjolnir to track.

Branlor Swift
Dr Manhattan doesn't even reform that quick...

And considering he was ripped to shreds by things nowhere near Thor level... that doesn't exactly bode well. After the 3rd or 4th time Thor tears him apart (and assuming we just wait around for Dr Manhattan to reform), he either absorbs him, or sends him into the sun like he's done before.

Also to the people that think reforming means you can't lose no matter the time, do you also think someone being knocked out for a comic page and getting up is proof that they can't be knocked out?

Although, imagine even someone like a noob Firestorm in that series. He'd be capable of EVERYTHING Dr Manhattan was and more, seeing as he probably wouldn't have been destroyed in the first place

Supra
Manhattan says a lot of shit, though. I can find dozens of examples of Surfer monologuing over the Power Cosmic and how his power knows no limits. Hell, I can find plenty of examples of Thor monologuing over how mighty he is. Thing is, both Surfer and Thor have tons of feats at least backing up their claims. Manhattan doesn't. And again, he lives in a world with no other superpowered beings.

He can't be killed in the sense that, typically, energy cannot be created or destroyed as science would tell us. In the world of comics, that's not true. A sufficiently powerful enough energy manipulator would just absorb Manhattan or dissipate him. And the likes of Thor and Surfer are exponentially more powerful than the machines that briefly dispersed Manhattan.

Dr Manhattan doesn't even reform that quick...

And considering he was ripped to shreds by things nowhere near Thor level... that doesn't exactly bode well. After the 3rd or 4th time Thor tears him apart (and assuming we just wait around for Dr Manhattan to reform), he either absorbs him, sends him into the sun like he's done before.

Also to the people that think reforming means you can't lose no matter the time, do you also think someone being knocked out for a comic page and getting up is proof that they can't be knocked out?

Although, imagine even someone like a noob Firestorm in that series. He'd be capable of EVERYTHING Dr Manhattan was and more, seeing as he probably wouldn't have been destroyed in the first place

I will only debate with you two now as you are the only here who knows what they are talking about in this thread.

IF he cannot be killed and can transfer his energy when disbursed and re formed..how does he lost?

One thing if I may, if we are going to talk about Thor vs DM can we leave out SS and others here..this is about DM and Thor..

IF Thor dissipates him even though energy cannot be destroyed then he would ultimately reform correct?

iceman24567
As a matter of fact, yes...Thor can and has used Mjolnir to track. thumb up Recently during his run in with Ego. Thor has way more abilities than Manhatten

Branlor Swift
I will only debate with you two now as you are the only here who knows what they are talking about in this thread.

IF he cannot be killed and can transfer his energy when disbursed and re formed..how does he lost?

One thing if I may, if we are going to talk about Thor vs DM can we leave out SS and others here..this is about DM and Thor..

IF Thor dissipates him even though energy cannot be destroyed then he would ultimately reform correct? Which goes onto the KO'ed example.

Everything you said is applicable to Thor getting KO'ed. He will eventually get up. And I'd count a KO as less extreme than getting blasted to molecules. Also, the fact that Dr Manhattan pulls his pieces back together implies it would be even longer had he been completely scattered farther distances

Although I gave two perfectly reasonable ways for Thor win without counting on the length of time Dr Manhattan stays down.

Silent Master

IF Thor dissipates him even though energy cannot be destroyed then he would ultimately reform correct?

Again, Thor can and has absorbed energy beings....what part of this are you having trouble underestanding?

iceman24567
Again, Thor can and has absorbed energy beings....what part of this are you having trouble underestanding? Supra does a good job ignoring facts

abhilegend
Stop harassing the poor guy, you @$$holes.

uhuh

JakeTheBank
I will only debate with you now as you are the only here who knows what they are talking about in this thread.

I do have a Doom sig/avatar. mmm

The thing to realize here is that, according to the Watchmen universe, Manhattan is effectively unkillable by their means. They don't have the ridiculous supertech the likes of which Marvel or DC has. They also don't have the insane superpowered beings that either company has. It's a very grounded take on superheroics.

The other thing to take into account is that Thor and Mjolnir specifically spit in the face of science and logic simply by existing. He's a god from myth and Mjolnir is a magically enchanted weapon of among the highest order. Many of the rules of science do not apply to either of them. If Thor incapacitates Manhattan long enough for a forum victory, Manhattan would lose. If he's absorbed into Mjolnir or scattered across time and space, he wouldn't be able to reform, arguably ever considering the scale in which Mjolnir can do these things.

Bringing up Silver Surfer is a very valid point, though. Surfer possesses many of the powers and abilities of Manhattan and to grander scales than what Manhattan displayed. And Thor has a winning record against him. It's perfectly logical to bring up the people Thor has beaten to argue in favor of him.

Typically, energy can't be destroyed, but Mjolnir is magic and as such is capable of feats that defy science and logic. Even if Manhattan can eventually reform, Thor is powerful enough to disperse and/or absorb Manhattan to such a degree he would be able to fight, therefore making Thor the inevitable winner in a battle.

Branlor Swift

The thing to realize here is that, according to the Watchmen universe, Manhattan is effectively unkillable by their means. They don't have the ridiculous supertech the likes of which Marvel or DC has. They also don't have the insane superpowered beings that either company has. It's a very grounded take on superheroics.

The other thing to take into account is that Thor and Mjolnir specifically spit in the face of science and logic simply by existing. He's a god from myth and Mjolnir is a magically enchanted weapon of among the highest order. Many of the rules of science do not apply to either of them. If Thor incapacitates Manhattan long enough for a forum victory, Manhattan would lose. If he's absorbed into Mjolnir or scattered across time and space, he wouldn't be able to reform, arguably ever considering the scale in which Mjolnir can do these things.

Bringing up Silver Surfer is a very valid point, though. Surfer possesses many of the powers and abilities of Manhattan and to grander scales than what Manhattan displayed. And Thor has a winning record against him. It's perfectly logical to bring up the people Thor has beaten to argue in favor of him.

Typically, energy can't be destroyed, but Mjolnir is magic and as such is capable of feats that defy science and logic. Even if Manhattan can eventually reform, Thor is powerful enough to disperse and/or absorb Manhattan to such a degree he would be able to fight, therefore making Thor the inevitable winner in a battle. All of this is assuming Dr Manhattan can't be KO'ed in the first place. I mean, just because the only things that damaged him destroyed him, that doesn't say he can't lose consciousness. Because we all know how that works in comics.
Manhattan would probably end up receiving a mollywhopping KO from Superman the first time they met.

But I digress. Best to go off proof, instead of making shit up like the Dr Manhattan supporters.

Bouboumaster

Typically, energy can't be destroyed, but Mjolnir is magic and as such is capable of feats that defy science and logic. Even if Manhattan can eventually reform, Thor is powerful enough to disperse and/or absorb Manhattan to such a degree he would be able to fight, therefore making Thor the inevitable winner in a battle.

thumb up

JakeTheBank
All of this is assuming Dr Manhattan can't be KO'ed in the first place. I mean, just because the only things that damaged him destroyed him, that doesn't say he can't lose consciousness. Because we all know how that works in comics.
Manhattan would probably end up receiving a mollywhopping KO from Superman the first time they met.

But I digress. Best to go off proof, instead of making shit up like the Dr Manhattan supporters.

Oh, I have no doubt that the likes of Thor would physically hurt him with a punch, let alone with Mjolnir. As you said, comics routinely show us that beings made out of energy can be hurt and even KO'd.

Supra
Which goes onto the KO'ed example.

Everything you said is applicable to Thor getting KO'ed. He will eventually get up. And I'd count a KO as less extreme than getting blasted to molecules. Also, the fact that Dr Manhattan pulls his pieces back together implies it would be even longer had he been completely scattered farther distances

Although I gave two perfectly reasonable ways for Thor win without counting on the length of time Dr Manhattan stays down.

Ok I agree with you, those..

Now how come DM cannot disintegrate Thor in the same way? He commands the atoms and energy itself which bind Thors makeup does he not?

Supra

You have proven to me beyond a reasonable doubt with your knowledge that DM would lose..

Thank you for helping me understand things I wish to learn about

Silent Master

Now come come DM cannot disintegrate Thor in the same way? He commands the atoms and energy itself which bind Thors makeup does he not?

Because 1) Dr Manhattan has no feats of doing so to someone/thing with Thor's durability and 2) Thor actually has feats where he's resisted being transmuted

Supra
Because 1) Dr Manhattan has no feats of doing so to someone/thing with Thor's durability and 2) Thor actually has feats where he's resisted being transmuted

Now I know, thank you

JakeTheBank

Now come come DM cannot disintegrate Thor in the same way? He commands the atoms and energy itself which bind Thors makeup does he not?

In the world of comics, most beings with superhuman strength and durability are strong and tough because of their atomic structure being much much more denser and "tougher" as a result.

The Destroyer Armor actually has a disintegration ray as its primary weapon and couldn't disintegrate Thor. It eventually killed him in one of their battles, sure, but physically, Thor's body was still intact. And again, Manhattan was able to disperse human beings with no super powers or enhanced atomic structure and tanks. Doing that is one thing. Disintegrating, let alone killing someone with ridiculous energy resistance feats like Thor is something else entirely.

JakeTheBank
You have proven to me beyond a reasonable doubt with your knowledge that DM would lose..

Thank you for helping me understand things I wish to learn about

thumb up

No problem.

Supra
In the world of comics, most beings with superhuman strength and durability are strong and tough because of their atomic structure being much much more denser and "tougher" as a result.

The Destroyer Armor actually has a disintegration ray as its primary weapon and couldn't disintegrate Thor. It eventually killed him in one of their battles, sure, but physically, Thor's body was still intact. And again, Manhattan was able to disperse human beings with no super powers or enhanced atomic structure and tanks. Doing that is one thing. Disintegrating, let alone killing someone with ridiculous energy resistance feats like Thor is something else entirely.

So Thor can die but his body is still intact..how does that work I do not understand that

Uriel005
Ummm... nonviable thread? Manhattan feats vs any other herald are non-existent and we never see him push the upper limits of his capabilities so I don't see how he even be used in a herald vs herald fight he just doesn't have the feats. I mean there is nothing that says he has energy absorbtion immunity or not, his projection/molecular manip has nothing to contest it so yeah.... I don't see how you can argue him as for anything besides classifying his perceived powerset as herald level.

JakeTheBank
So Thor can die but his body is still intact..how does that work I do not understand that

He experiences pain and trauma like most beings do (though his tolerance for both are obviously extreme), but his body is just that durable enough to exist. In the case of the Destroyer Armor, his body is pretty burnt up and mangled, but still physically intact.

Supra
He experiences pain and trauma like most beings do (though his tolerance for both are obviously extreme), but his body is just that durable enough to exist. In the case of the Destroyer Armor, his body is pretty burnt up and mangled, but still physically intact.

So Thor truly is an immortal for his body cannot be destroyed even by disintegration and thus he can return to his lifeless body because of the Magics of Odin?

Thor can never truly never cease to exist then..

JakeTheBank
So Thor truly is an immortal for his body cannot be destroyed even by disintegration and thus he can return to his lifeless body because of the Magics of Odin?

Thor can never truly never cease to exist then..

Technically, Thor's immortality is linked to the Golden Apples of Iduun, all are all Asgardians (though some writers make them less dependant on this than others). His body CAN be destroyed, mind you, it just takes a powerful enough being/attack to do so. The Destroyer Armor was powerful enough to kill Thor, just not completely vaporize him.

The Odin Force did revive Thor, though, restoring his soul back to his body and fully healed. That said, he can be killed and even completely obliterated by something/someone powerful enough to do it.

Supra
That said, he can be killed and even completely obliterated by something/someone powerful enough to do it.

Which we have yet to see in print?

Warlord
thor unless manhatan produces feats to match his implied power levels

DarkSaint85
Thor.

I was going to do a write up, but my Doombot Jake has already done so.

Thanks, Doombot!

h1a8
He uses energy absorption a lot. And he's absorbed living energy before. It's not even an OOC tactic for him.

Thor can effect intangible beings and can teleport himself and others, too, for the record.

Manhattan looking in the future doesn't mean he can change the outcome of the inevitable. Kinda the whole point of Watchmen. Thor can do plenty to him, too.

DM is made of solid matter just like Surfer is. Thor doesn't absorb solid matter beings. Thor absorbs energy blasts, explosions, and drains energy from devices. Sorry but I don't see Thor pointing Mjolnir at DM and absorbing him into the hammer. Otherwise he can do Surfer or any being in existence like that.

DM will become intangible to avoid an attack, nothing more.

Ozy prevented DM from seeing into the future to prevent him from stopping his plan. The inevitable is something DM can't stop even if he tried.

Silent Master
Why do you keep ignoring that Thor can effect intangible beings?

h1a8
Why do you keep ignoring that Thor can effect intangible beings? I didn't. I addressed it by saying that DM would only become intangible to avoid Thor's attacks. Thor wont use an intangible attack if DM is not intangible (because it would be useless). Rather he would use a normal attack.

Actually I curious. Are you referring to the Vision feat as a basis that Thor can affect intangible beings?

Silent Master
I didn't. I addressed it by saying that DM would only become intangible to avoid Thor's attacks. Thor wont use an intangible attack if DM is not intangible (because it would be useless). Rather he would use a normal attack.

If DM goes intangible, then Thor will start using attacks that will effect the intangible, which means that going intangible isn't going to help.

Now please stop ignoring facts.

h1a8
If DM goes intangible, then Thor will start using attacks that will effect the intangible, which means that going intangible isn't going to help.

DM will only be intangible to avoid the attack. He wouldn't stay that way. Also what feat or showing you are suggesting that proves Thor can affect the intangible? Is it the vision feat?

eaebiakuya

He can look but he cant change nothing. He said that. This wont will help much in a fight.

h1a8
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
He can look but he cant change nothing. He said that. This wont will help much in a fight.

Prove it. That makes no sense. If DM see someone about to shoot a blast at him then he can alter it by moving out of the way. Ozy used the weapon to prevent DM from seeing into the future.

DarkSaint85
Prove it. That makes no sense. If DM see someone about to shoot a blast at him then he can alter it by moving out of the way. Ozy used the weapon to prevent DM from seeing into the future.

Read the comic again. Please. Anymore and you're just trolling, as it was spelled quite clearly.

Neither is this a comic with 100s of issues for you to dig through.

iceman24567
He can look but he cant change nothing. He said that. This wont will help much in a fight. This being able to see the future has its limits. Thor traps DM in his hammer

eaebiakuya
Here is: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/123441/2927965-1600412_5_super.jpg

He is a "Puppet who can see the Strings".

eaebiakuya
Also, like everyone know, Surfer can do everything Dr. can do, and more.

He also can see " past and future" : http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_138_06.jpg

Still, he dont have a free over Thor because of that.

DarkSaint85
Damn you eabiakuya for doing his homework for him.

This is Ozy/KP all over again. Worse, because at least KP has decades of history to trawl through.

h1a8
This being able to see the future has its limits. Thor traps DM in his hammer

See what I mean?
People have Thor doing crazy shit yet Glads can't use simple speed to fight. That makes no sense. It's not like I made Gladiator used tactics that's very creative and against his character. But for Thor it's fair game.

Prove that Thor can absorb beings into Mjolnir please.

h1a8
Also, like everyone know, Surfer can do everything Dr. can do, and more.

He also can see " past and future" : http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/surfistaprateado/Silver_Surfer_v3_138_06.jpg

Still, he dont have a free over Thor because of that.

He doesn't always do that though, especially in battle. DM is constantly looking into the future at all times.

eaebiakuya
Yes, but he said he is unable to change, you read ?

h1a8
Yes, but he said he is unable to change, you read ?

Surfer has nothing to do with DM

eaebiakuya
Im talking about Dr.

h1a8
Im talking about Dr. That doesn't mean anything. He can still make choices. Like how he chose to let comedian shoot that woman because he didn't like humans that much. He still had free will. So you are making no sense. He can see himself avoiding the attack because he saw it coming. Those are the strings.

DarkSaint85
He is still a puppet, with no control over his future. He just is aware of it

the Darkone
Vision and Shadow Cat to name of few Thor has affected

Nietzschean
He doesn't always do that though, especially in battle. DM is constantly looking into the future at all times.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/114312/2148272-thormjolnir193_energyabsorptionaemh.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111132618/3377490-2053722-thormjolnir164_lifeforceeradication.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir145b-EnergyAbsorptionAve.jpg

Uriel005
Again people ignoring whats probably the biggest issue here. Dr. Manhattan has 0, Nunca, aucun, Nada etc. etc. showings against anything above street level and hearsay. We have no idea what his energy resistance stands at. Mjolnir might be able to absorb his body/energy but we know he can reform from having his intrinsic field holding his atoms together. We also know he did it with relative ease. What we don't know is how easy it is for him to do it multiple times. 3 times, a dozen, infinitely. We know that his perception is really good i.e. when he comments to ozzy about how he sees the world followed by his statement that Ozzy means no more to him than a roach. But how does any of this apply to a fight with a herald level being let alone a top tier herald... Nothing I mean this is an absolute moot point we have no idea how good his attacks would do if he simply deconstructed Thor on a molecular level. Does he have the power to overcome Thor's defenses against such an attack or is it rendered completely useless.

Is anyone else seeing the problem here.

zeel

You are grasping at straw's man.

Silent Master
DM will only be intangible to avoid the attack. He wouldn't stay that way. Also what feat or showing you are suggesting that proves Thor can affect the intangible? Is it the vision feat?

Which won't work because Thor can affect intangible beings and has better speed feats than Dr M.

janus77
Not sure Thor can put DM down.
DM could just phase through every Thor attack, magic is not something we meet - at all - in Watchmen-verse.

So no reason to suppose Thor's attacks will do anything other than strictly physical damage and DM can reform from atomisation, like Sentry does and Thor doesn't seem to have an answer to that.

Silent Master
Originally posted by janus77
Not sure Thor can put DM down.
DM could just phase through every Thor attack, magic is not something we meet - at all - in Watchmen-verse.

So no reason to suppose Thor's attacks will do anything other than strictly physical damage and DM can reform from atomisation, like Sentry does and Thor doesn't seem to have an answer to that.

Except going intangible doesn't actually help as Thor can effect intangible beings.

janus77
Except going intangible doesn't actually help as Thor can effect intangible beings.
He can?

Didn't seem to have anything other than a few hammer strikes against Sentry. Who basically just reforms like DM/Surfer any matter manipulator.

Silent Master
He can?

Didn't seem to have anything other than a few hammer strikes against Sentry. Who basically just reforms like DM/Surfer any matter manipulator.

Multiple people have been pointing that out for pages, Darkone even gave two examples just a few posts ago.

janus77
Multiple people have been pointing that out for pages, Darkone even gave two examples just a few posts ago.
I've not gone through the whole thread, but who were the intangibles?

Silent Master
Darkone even gave two examples just a few posts ago.,IE page 4.

janus77
Ah, I thought you meant scans/context/details.

Not sure how Shadow Cat and Vision compare with DM. I see DM as sort of a Surfer-lite, with the benefit of having only a limited number of showings and a high % of them demonstrating utilisation of de-materialisation and reformation and such.

Vision alters his density, iirc. Shadow Cat ... Not sure about her.

Silent Master
They show that Thor can effect intangible beings.

Wei Phoenix
Oh is it that time of year where we speculate Manhattan and what he can do again? How I enjoy people call him a god and treat him like the end all be all of powerful characters in a world where he's really the only super powered being. It's not like that title and wank of power loses any meaning or translation when compared to other characters on bigger or similar scales of power.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Thor.

I was going to do a write up, but my Doombot Jake has already done so.

Thanks, Doombot!

Blasphemer.

h1a8
Which won't work because Thor can affect intangible beings and has better speed feats than Dr M.

Now please stop ignoring facts. show me a feat Thor affecting intangible beings. The vision feat doesn't count as he wasn't intangible.

Also how Thor would affect DM?
You know DM would only phase through Thors attacks.
What is your answer to DM seeing into the future? Or DM teleporting Thor to black hole?

Silent Master
show me a feat Thor affecting intangible beings. The vision feat doesn't count as he wasn't intangible.

Also how Thor would affect DM?
You know DM would only phase through Thors attacks.
What is your answer to DM seeing into the future? Or DM teleporting Thor to black hole?

The Vision feat does count because Mjolnir was physically inside his chest, IOW that part of the Vision was intangible...so once again I have to ask you to stop lying. plus there is still the SK feat that the Darkone mentioned.

As for teleporting Thor into a black hole, Thor can just fly or teleport out.

JakeTheBank
Manhattan seeing into the future just means he'd see how Thor is going to kick his ass. His foresight doesn't enable him to change the future...which again, was one of the major points of Watchmen.

Also, based on feats, Manhattan isn't going to win a teleportation war with Thor.

h1a8
Manhattan seeing into the future just means he'd see how Thor is going to kick his ass. His foresight doesn't enable him to change the future...which again, was one of the major points of Watchmen.

Also, based on feats, Manhattan isn't going to win a teleportation war with Thor. No, Ozy prevented DM from changing anything by blocking his future vision. Also, you are making stuff up. DM still has choice. He chooses to do what he wants. It's all based on his desire. If he wants to avoid an attack then he will. But he can't change what he will decide to do.

Also DM can simply teleport Thor's head off or rather Thor to a black hole where immediate death awaits.

h1a8
The Vision feat does count because Mjolnir was physically inside his chest, IOW that part of the Vision was intangible...so once again I have to ask you to stop lying. plus there is still the SK feat that the Darkone mentioned.

As for teleporting Thor into a black hole, Thor can just fly or teleport out. Being inside vision's chest doesn't mean vision was intangible. Vision alters his density. He could have been water density or air density when Thor did that. He was hardening his body when Thor did that, so he wasn't 100% intangible.

I want to see the Shadow Cat feat and make my own judgements thank you.

DarkSaint85
No, Ozy prevented DM from changing anything by blocking his future vision. Also, you are making stuff up. DM still has choice. He chooses to do what he wants. It's all based on his desire. If he wants to avoid an attack then he will. But he can't change what he will decide to do.

From the Big Blue himself:

I mean, why didn't you do something?

I CAN'T PREVENT THE FUTURE. TO ME, IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Watchmen0416_zps550d64ad.jpg

SNEER

DarkSaint85
Being inside vision's chest doesn't mean vision was intangible. Vision alters his density. He could have been water density or air density when Thor did that. He was hardening his body when Thor did that, so he wasn't 100% intangible.

His hand was also inside Thor's chest, dooder.

h1a8
His hand was also inside Thor's chest, dooder.

Vision's hand can be inside Thor with ANY density.
Vision increases his density and can become diamond hard, all while being inside Thor's chest.

Supra
we continue this pointless thread after DM already lost...

Silent Master
Being inside vision's chest doesn't mean vision was intangible. Vision alters his density. He could have been water density or air density when Thor did that. He was hardening his body when Thor did that, so he wasn't 100% intangible.

Actually, yes it does...plus there is still the SK example....so stop ignoring the facts...Thor can and has effected intangible beings.

kgkg
Vision increases his density and can become diamond hard, all while being inside Thor's chest. Vision wants to be inside Thor? Cute

DarkSaint85
Vision increases his density and can become diamond hard, all while being inside Thor's chest.

So Thor has a hand shaped hole in his chest? Even if it was the density of air, it still has volume and mass. Which needs to be displaced. You're just trolling now.

Supra

DM can make himself intangible

Bouboumaster
DM can make himself intangible

Doesn't help against a mystical mallet.

h1a8
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Doesn't help against a mystical mallet.

Why not? Thor throws the hammer and it goes right through him. Thor tries to slam and the hammer goes right through him.

After thinking about it DM beats Thor easily. Teleport the hammer away, atomize Thor, teleport Thor to black hole, teleport Thor's head off, **** Thor's insides up. All just by thinking about it.

So Thor has a hand shaped hole in his chest? Even if it was the density of air, it still has volume and mass. Which needs to be displaced. You're just trolling now.

Vision increases his density while inside his victims chest. That means his density is ever increasing as time passes. Otherwise vision would not be able to harden at all. This is not "hard" to understand.

JakeTheBank
Manhattan has no feats of being able to atomize someone like Thor, let alone teleport organs or body parts off. facepalm

iceman24567
Manhattan has no feats of being able to atomize someone like Thor, let alone teleport organs or body parts off. facepalm thumb up Manhattan has no feats of fighting somebody on Thors level

Uriel005
Originally posted by Uriel005
Again people ignoring whats probably the biggest issue here. Dr. Manhattan has 0, Nunca, aucun, Nada etc. etc. showings against anything above street level and hearsay. We have no idea what his energy resistance stands at. Mjolnir might be able to absorb his body/energy but we know he can reform from having his intrinsic field holding his atoms together. We also know he did it with relative ease. What we don't know is how easy it is for him to do it multiple times. 3 times, a dozen, infinitely. We know that his perception is really good i.e. when he comments to ozzy about how he sees the world followed by his statement that Ozzy means no more to him than a roach. But how does any of this apply to a fight with a herald level being let alone a top tier herald... Nothing I mean this is an absolute moot point we have no idea how good his attacks would do if he simply deconstructed Thor on a molecular level. Does he have the power to overcome Thor's defenses against such an attack or is it rendered completely useless.

Is anyone else seeing the problem here. to restate the issue.... can someone close this thread. I think its pretty clear its a moot point because there is nothing to compare Dr. Manhattan to in his home universe to say how he would do in a herald level+ fight.

h1a8
Manhattan has no feats of being able to atomize someone like Thor, let alone teleport organs or body parts off. facepalm Does that mean he can't do it? Does having no feats prove that one can't do something? If it doesn't then fight is inconclusive and thread is over.

My reasoning was that DM can control not only molecules, but subatomic particles. He has also been shown to teleport matter (which is made of molecules). So logically speaking, DM can teleport any matter he chooses, that means organs, heads, etc. Durability doesn't protect against being teleported. That's why Nightcrawler can teleport heads off.

the Darkone
to restate the issue.... can someone close this thread. I think its pretty clear its a moot point because there is nothing to compare Dr. Manhattan to in his home universe to say how he would do in a herald level+ fight.

Pretty much thumb up, Manhattan thinks he's a god, we will see when he faces a real God in Thor who is not only a Thunder God but also a God of War. Manhattan sh** in his pants after he sees the future as Thor beats the living sh** out of him and there is nothing Manhattan can do about it accept take his a$$ whooping like a man!!

NemeBro
Manhattan doesn't think that he's a god.

DarkSaint85

Vision increases his density while inside his victims chest. That means his density is ever increasing as time passes. Otherwise vision would not be able to harden at all. This is not "hard" to understand.

So how did his hand get into his chest in the first place?

h1a8
So how did his hand get into his chest in the first place?

Easy. Vision was first intangible to enter his chest. After that he was increasing his density. So he became tangible while in Thor's chest when Thor affected him.

Omega Vision
Pretty sure Manhattan would beat Iron Man. Anyone above that level...idk.

h1a8
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Pretty sure Manhattan would beat Iron Man. Anyone above that level...idk. The problem is whether he can beat anyone above IM but not whether anyone above IM can beat him. IMO, I don't see anyway beating someone who can reform over and over, duplicate himself many times, grow to maybe any size, become intangible to phase through attacks, has shown Planck reflexes, and can see into the future.

Also I believe he can beat most beings above IM by simply separating their atoms or teleporting parts of their body off or simply teleporting them to black holes, core of stars, etc.

Supra
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Pretty sure Manhattan would beat Iron Man. Anyone above that level...idk.

Iron would be dead on a door step if DM put his gaze on him

Supra
DM Winssmile

Uriel005
DM Winssmile You can't argue it either way. Just like how Surfer has molecular manips does not necessarily mean he instakills hulk. He has to overcome durability/resistances/defenses. Manhattan has no showings one way or the other to say how he would do.

Odekahn
Just like how Surfer has molecular manips does not necessarily mean he instakills hulk

Or it could also be cis/pis coming into play.

h1a8
You can't argue it either way. Just like how Surfer has molecular manips does not necessarily mean he instakills hulk. He has to overcome durability/resistances/defenses. Manhattan has no showings one way or the other to say how he would do. The problem is that Surfer hardly ever tries to matter manipulate anyone. The one's he tried it on worked.

Also Surfer's matter manipulation isn't the same as DM's matter manipulation. Surfer needs to shoot blasts to matter manipulate. DM can matter manipulate just by thinking about it. He not only controls matter at a fine degree (below the sub atomic level) but time and space as well.
He has the option of matter manipulate or teleportation or a combination of both.
I see DM as basically omnipotent (potentially anyways).

Silent Master
The problem is that Surfer hardly ever tries to matter manipulate anyone. The one's he tried it on worked.

Also Surfer's matter manipulation isn't the same as DM's matter manipulation. Surfer needs to shoot blasts to matter manipulate. DM can matter manipulate just by thinking about it. He not only controls matter at a fine degree (below the sub atomic level) but time and space as well.
He has the option of matter manipulate or teleportation or a combination of both.

Only DM has zero feats to suggest that he's omnipotent, this is just another example of you making things up.

DarkSaint85

I never claimed he was omnipotent. It's irrelevant one way or the other.

Supra
DM wins

Supra
Only DM has zero feats to suggest that he's omnipotent, this is just another example of you making things up.

lol go read the comic, you are wrong as usual

Supra
From other thread..sums this thread up

Thanos can't do anything physical to DM. DM can reform, duplicate to multiple beings, become intangible, grow to immense sizes, etc. DM can either matter manipulate Thanos, teleport parts of his body off, or simply teleport him to black holes. DM isn't just going to sit there and allow Thanos to do his best.

When has Thor absorbed a being into Mjolnir? Come on now. You telling me Thor has done those things? We all know DM can teleport beings away because he has done it. So inferring that DM (genius level intellect) can teleport someone to a black hole is wrong? While inferring what Thor can do isn't?(when he never specifically done such things in a comic)

Healing factor doesn't protect you from getting your atoms separated instantly or parts of your body teleported away. DM has options. If all options fail then teleporting to a black hole is feasible.

Silent Master
lol go read the comic, you are wrong as usual

Then by all means, post the feats.

DarkSaint85
DM isn't omnipotent.

He could only stop 99% of all nukes headed to America.
He couldn't be everywhere at once (Ozy's words)
He couldn't stop Comedian from killing the Vietnamese woman, or even reverse the killing after it was done.
He couldn't stop JFK from being killed.

SquallX
DM isn't omnipotent.

He could only stop 99% of all nukes headed to America.
He couldn't be everywhere at once (Ozy's words)
He couldn't stop Comedian from killing the Vietnamese woman, or even reverse the killing after it was done.
He couldn't stop JFK from being killed.

You know the Vietnamese Woman thing was because DM just really didn't give a **** right.

He said it multiple times before, he doesn't really care what mankind ultimately do with there lives. Maybe not in those exact words.

DM sees and changes what suits him, not what suits Humankind. That's why he didn't let the world know it was Ozy that killed all of those people. Because in the end it wouldn't really benefit him.

It's stupid to think that a genius like DM, that can see events before they unfolds can't think of a way of winning.

DM gives himself prep even before the fight even began.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by SquallX
You know the Vietnamese Woman thing was because DM just really didn't give a **** right.

He said it multiple times before, he doesn't really care what mankind ultimately do with there lives. Maybe not in those exact words.

DM sees and changes what suits him, not what suits Humankind. That's why he didn't let the world know it was Ozy that killed all of those people. Because in the end it wouldn't really benefit him.

It's stupid to think that a genius like DM, that can see events before they unfolds can't think of a way of winning.

DM gives himself prep even before the fight even began.

Am currently arguing this with h1a8 at the moment, but no, he doesn't change things 'just to suit him'. He made this decision in the past, but for DM, the past is the future is the present:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/BeforeWatchmen-DrManhattan004-010_zpsd5c67138.jpg

In addition, 'changing the future' doesn't mean the original timeline gets erased. So say for example, Thor pummels him with Mjolnir. He sees this in advance, and moves his head out of the way. All that means is that he creates a second reality where he doesn't get hit. The first reality, where his face got punched in, still exists:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/BeforeWatchmenDrManhattan003-Zone-005_zpsfe3dae29.jpg

DarkSaint85
Not to mention, his own words: 'I can't prevent the future'.

Ozymandias later creates his machine to interfere with DM's future vision, because he is paranoid and has contingency plans for everything. It doesn't mean that DM would have actually stopped him, had he known about it.

Epicurus
this is just another example of you making things up.
Dude, it's Supra. That's all he ever does.

Igniz

Surtur at one time was attacked by the Black knight wielding the ebony blade.The ebony blade by the way was able to cut the Android Vision while being intangible.Yet the same ebony blade went straight through Surtur without getting cut as if you're wielding a sword and trying to cut fire.Yet Thor with his hammer Mjolnir hit Surtur and made him feel pain.Vision also tried being intangible but got hit by Thor using Mjolnir.

h1a8
Not to mention, his own words: 'I can't prevent the future'.

Ozymandias later creates his machine to interfere with DM's future vision, because he is paranoid and has contingency plans for everything. It doesn't mean that DM would have actually stopped him, had he known about it. He can't prevent the future he already sees himself doing (because it is the most logical thing to do). Meaning, if it is logical for him to duck an attack then this is the future he sees and thus can't prevent it.

This is supported by how DM used the future predictions to make actions in the past. This is supported by DM saying that Ozy was clever for using tachyons to prevent him from interfering.
This is supported by DM attempting to use predictions to try to find Ozy.

Originally posted by Igniz
Surtur at one time was attacked by the Black knight wielding the ebony blade.The ebony blade by the way was able to cut the Android Vision while being intangible.Yet the same ebony blade went straight through Surtur without getting cut as if you're wielding a sword and trying to cut fire.Yet Thor with his hammer Mjolnir hit Surtur and made him feel pain.Vision also tried being intangible but got hit by Thor using Mjolnir. LOL writer's have different interpretations. Surtur for the most part has been tangible (fire is tangible anyway). Otherwise he couldn't to touch or pick up anything, including his sword. Also Vision wasn't intangible at all. He was only intangible when entering Thor's chest. After that he started increasing his density (he became tangible) and that's when Thor affected him. Remember water is tangible and so is air.

h1a8
When you are desperate looking for someone to make an error not only will you not find it but commit one of your own.

There is no contradiction here.
1. I said, "see" as in I believe (which is an opinion).
2. I said, "basically" which means not exactly
3. I said, "potentially" which means it is not the case yet.
4. DM was getting more powerful as the story progressed.

Supra
Originally posted by Epicurus
Dude, it's Supra. That's all he ever does.

Godspeed

Supra
Then by all means, post the feats.

Do you even know what omnipotent means. Please dont make me look it up for you..DM is that.

Supra
When you are desperate looking for someone to make an error not only will you not find it but commit one of your own.

4. DM was getting more powerful as the story progressed.

GOD BLESS AMERICA..Someone finally said it

Newjak

4. DM was getting more powerful as the story progressed. DM was not getting 'more powerful' as the story progressed he was shown using his already existing power level more.

And he still did not show anything coming close to Thor's power levels.

And this is what boils down to every DM vs High Herald debate.

DM never showed what he was truly capable of. There were some quantifiable notches given to him like he can only stop 99% of the nuclear warheads launched at the US.

Other than that he was a god character inserted into a world where he was the only superpowered being. Minus some of the time relational things(Even though Heralds possess those traits as well) beings like Superman, Thor, Surfer, Green Lantern would have been able to do the exact same things, and based on feats much more than DM ever did.

So what ends up happening in these threads is you get people arguing DM's powerset and implied power vs what was shown which isn't enough to take on Heralds.

iceman24567
Do you even know what omnipotent means. Please dont make me look it up for you..DM is that. A truly omnipotent being would have stopped 100% of those warheads without a doubt. Show Manhattens omnipotent power or shut up.

Supra
A truly omnipotent being would have stopped 100% of those warheads without a doubt. Show Manhattens omnipotent power or shut up.

Show me the war heads going off or shut up

iceman24567
Show me the war heads going off or shut up Good job showing you dont know what omnipotent means thumb up

Supra
Good job showing you dont know what omnipotent means thumb up

Good job showing the warheads going off. You still don't know what omnipotent means..It means being able to be in all places at once but have the same conscience and be able to control all your omnipotence under the same mind..

Meaning he can be in 1000 places at once and control each for as it was different than the next as show in the the series...

the Darkone
DM hype is ridiculous, he would get ass raped by Thor who is more versatile and vastly more powerful. Thor can literally bfr Manhattan and send him the crossroads and leave his a$$ their for all eternity.

Supra
Originally posted by the Darkone
DM hype is ridiculous, he would get ass raped by Thor who is more versatile and vastly more powerful. Thor can literally bfr Manhattan and send him the crossroads and leave his a$$ their for all eternity.

You shall not pass

iceman24567
Good job showing the warheads going off. You still don't know what omnipotent means..It means being able to be in all places at once but have the same conscience and be able to control all your omnipotence under the same mind..

Meaning he can be in 1000 places at once and control each for as it was different than the next as show in the the series... laughing No

Supra
laughing No

Yes laughing

iceman24567
Yes laughing Your definition is a cross between omnipresence and omnipotent Dr Manhatten was neither unless you can actually prove it.

Supra

iceman24567

DarkSaint85

Meaning he can be in 1000 places at once and control each for as it was different than the next as show in the the series...

Ozymandias said he couldn't be everywhere at once.

Supra
If showing a list of powers is all that was needed somebody would have done it already plus Thors list is longer even Loki can go intangible laughing

So he can be on Mars and Earth at the same Time..yet hes not omnipotent..strange..what the hell do you call it?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>