FFA: Samurai Jack vs Kenshin Himura (Battosai) vs Sephiroth vs Afro Samurai

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Setting takes place in a rainforest.

Who takes this?

Round 1 - H2H
Round 2 - Their weapons
Round 3 - All-Out, nothing restricted or held back

ScreamPaste
I don't know anything about Kenshin but of Sephiroth/Jack and Afro Seph takes the H2H fight because he's not exactly easy to beat to death with your fists.

Jack probably kills him with his hax sword in round 2.

Round 3 is a toss up, Sephiroth will still die if he tries to sword fight Jack but has telekinesis and shit that could allow him to bypass a swordfight altogether.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I don't know anything about Kenshin but of Sephiroth/Jack and Afro Seph takes the H2H fight because he's not exactly easy to beat to death with your fists.

Jack probably kills him with his hax sword in round 2.

Round 3 is a toss up, Sephiroth will still die if he tries to sword fight Jack but has telekinesis and shit that could allow him to bypass a swordfight altogether. Kenshin was described as having God-Speed when going all-out.

ScreamPaste
Jack and Seph both have feats above things from gods from fiction, such as the gods from Immortals, but beneath things like Thor. shrug

How fast is Kenshin?

Yamcha
Not touching round 1 since they're mainly swordsmen so I'm not entirely sure. Sephy possibreeeeeeh?

Round 2?

Sadly Kenshin is at the bottom, his verse is the most "real"
Then I want to say Afro? Afro is stupidly good but I wouldn't put him in the realms of Final Fantasy.
That being said I'm torn to the next two..Sephy should win(My bishi bias kicking in)...but there's a good chance he won't...Samurai Jack, is on tier himself...I'd say it'd come down to those two?

Round 3, can't Sephy just spam Meteors? Unless...Jack can just cut them in half no expression....

DAMMIT WHERE'S ZORO WHEN YOU NEED HIM?! (to be fair I'm way behind on OP so I have no idea how he compares currently with Seph and Jack)

Nephthys
Round 1: I'd go with Jack, since he once beat Aku in straight h2h in Jack vs Aku and he's obviously highly skilled at it.

Jmanghan
Jack and Seph both have feats above things from gods from fiction, such as the gods from Immortals, but beneath things like Thor. shrug

How fast is Kenshin? He moves so fast it looks like DBZ's instant transmission, and that's REGULAR Kenshin, Battosai Kenshin is much faster then that as well. Plus, Battosai Kenshin is purely automatically bloodlusted by default.

CosmicComet
Kenshin's speed is the lowest here. (don't know about Afro Samurai though, excluding him)

Some lame flash step stuff and you can at best scale him to be a mid-level bullet timer at best.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Jmanghan
He moves so fast it looks like DBZ's instant transmission, and that's REGULAR Kenshin, Battosai Kenshin is much faster then that as well. Plus, Battosai Kenshin is purely automatically bloodlusted by default. That's a 'faster than the eye can see', but do we have any feats above that?

Jmanghan
You guys should really read up more on these guys xD, not making fun of any of you, but it doesn't look like you know any of their H2H skills. Sephiroth (Apparently has human-level Super Strength) Afro Samurai beat down dudes twice his size at this bar he was at, Kenshin fought this one dude that had a very maneuverable sword using H2H for awhile, and almost won when he elbowed the dude in the face

CosmicComet
You guys should really read up more on these guys xD, not making fun of any of you, but it doesn't look like you know any of their H2H skills. Sephiroth (Apparently has human-level Super Strength) Afro Samurai beat down dudes twice his size at this bar he was at, Kenshin fought this one dude that had a very maneuverable sword using H2H for awhile, and almost won when he elbowed the dude in the face

I'm sorry, but ironically its the opposite. You're not very well versed on the characters here.

Kenshin and Afro (from what I know of him), don't belong in this thread.

Either Jack or Sephiroth would casually solo them both.

Nephthys
Hmm, according to the Outskirts Battledrome, Jack has cut through adamantium before.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by CosmicComet

I'm sorry, but ironically its the opposite. You're not very well versed on the characters here.

Kenshin and Afro (from what I know of him), don't belong in this thread.

Either Jack or Sephiroth would casually solo them both. They are both incredibly fast, and I'd put Kenshin above Sephiroth in terms of pure speed (Without telekinesis) AND yes, all the stuff I pointed out actually happened.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nephthys
Hmm, according to the Outskirts Battledrome, Jack has cut through adamantium before. LOL

CosmicComet
They are both incredibly fast, and I'd put Kenshin above Sephiroth in terms of pure speed (Without telekinesis) AND yes, all the stuff I pointed out actually happened.

You are completely and utterly wrong.

Jmanghan
You are completely and utterly wrong. Show me something speed-wise that puts Sephiroth above Kenshin, sure Sephiroth can use teleportation, but take that away and what does he have? And if you want proof for the H2H claims, I can bring up Video proof.

Boss16
Jack actually did cut through adamantium before I think.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Boss16
Jack actually did cut through adamantium before I think. When the hell did Adamantium get into the Samurai Jack universe? e.e

Nephthys
Yeah, there are a bunch of robots he can't cut because they're made of adamantium, so he gets a robot arm to increase his strength so he can cut them. But then at the end of the episode the arm breaks so Jack channels the power of his ancestors and slices through the last robot like butter.

Boss16
I can't remember but I'll go look it up but I'm pretty sure he did.

cdtm
He has.

Just, not Marvel Admantium. wink

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by cdtm
He has.

Just, not Marvel Admantium. wink
This. Adamantium is different in different fictional universes.

Jmanghan
Yeah, there are a bunch of robots he can't cut because they're made of adamantium, so he gets a robot arm to increase his strength so he can cut them. But then at the end of the episode the arm breaks so Jack channels the power of his ancestors and slices through the last robot like butter. When was this? O-o

You are 100% sure they claimed, canonically and without a doubt that it was adamantium???

Jmanghan
This. Adamantium is different in different fictional universes. Quality/Capability-Wise? How strong is adamantium in the Samurai Jack universe?

ScreamPaste
Quality/Capability-Wise? How strong is adamantium in the Samurai Jack universe? Pretty strong apparently, but not like the Marvel stuff.

Jmanghan
Pretty strong apparently, but not like the Marvel stuff. So, what would be the result if Jack tried to use that ancestor thing on say, Wolverine?

ScreamPaste
So, what would be the result if Jack tried to use that ancestor thing on say, Wolverine? Cutting through wolverine until he hits a bone, and then stopping at the bone.

cdtm
Yeah. Jacks sword is forged by three skyfathers, who used the spirit of his father for material, to stop a fragment of an entitiy that no human weapon could harm. It should be able to withstand Wolverines claws, as other super metals have. But it won't cut them.

CosmicComet
Show me something speed-wise that puts Sephiroth above Kenshin, sure Sephiroth can use teleportation, but take that away and what does he have? And if you want proof for the H2H claims, I can bring up Video proof.

Sephiroth is faster than a high end bullet timer like Zack Fair who can flip and dodge machine gun fire from all different angles.

He's also stronger than Cloud, who was strong enough to knock a several hundred ton dragon into a construction zone.

ScreamPaste
The latter was gravity.

Nephthys
When was this? O-o

You are 100% sure they claimed, canonically and without a doubt that it was adamantium???

Link

Jmanghan
Sephiroth is faster than a high end bullet timer like Zack Fair who can flip and dodge machine gun fire from all different angles.

He's also stronger than Cloud, who was strong enough to knock a several hundred ton dragon into a construction zone. Yes, and Afro is also a high-end bullet timer, plus, Zack isn't that fast compared to someone like Kenshin, with his big sword strikes lumbering around, you'd know what I'm talking about if you compare FF: Last Order to Kenshin's fight with Sojiro or even Raijuta. Sephiroth isn't keeping up with anyone on this list without teleportation. Also, Strength and Power are completely two different things, Sora from KH cut through a building with a Gigantic Key, I guess that makes him Super Strong too, not to mention Cloud had alot of HUGE momentum in that fight.

NemeBro
The latter was gravity. Gravity in FFVII apparently forces you diagonally down, lol, what a fajet.

Sephiroth stomps all. Cloud has tanked a country busting.

Don't like it? Don't care. Deal with it. thumb up

BloodRain
Still gets shot.

StealthRanger
They are both incredibly fast, and I'd put Kenshin above Sephiroth in terms of pure speed (Without telekinesis) AND yes, all the stuff I pointed out actually happened.

Then you would be horribly wrong

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Then you would be horribly wrong Prove it, give me solid facts besides the lumbering Zack Fair getting defeated by him, Sephiroth has never been shown to have speed in pure combat that is so fast you can't even see him. Again, teleportation doesn't count as "Speed" Teleportation is Teleportation, Speed is Speed, they are different, if Kenshin was to race Sephiroth without the teleportation he has, Kenshin would be miles ahead of him. Also, yes. I know Zack Fair is nowhere near some immovable rock, but he still isn't supernaturally fast like Samurai Jack or Kenshin.

StealthRanger
Prove it, give me solid facts besides the lumbering Zack Fair getting defeated by him, Sephiroth has never been shown to have speed in pure combat that is so fast you can't even see him. Again, teleportation doesn't count as "Speed" Teleportation is Teleportation, Speed is Speed, they are different, if Kenshin was to race Sephiroth without the teleportation he has, Kenshin would be miles ahead of him. Also, yes. I know Zack Fair is nowhere near some immovable rock, but he still isn't supernaturally fast like Samurai Jack or Kenshin.

>combat speed fallacy
>tries to argue superior speed because afterimages and flashy blurs (hint: flashy blurs and afterimages=/=superior speed)
>Zack not fast
>despite several bullet timing feats

lolwut?

Cloud and Zack are high end bullet timers and Sephiroth is far more powerful than both of them so, yeah. At best Kenshin is low supersonic

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StealthRanger
>combat speed fallacy
>tries to argue superior speed because afterimages and flashy blurs (hint: flashy blurs and afterimages=/=superior speed)
>Zack not fast
>despite several bullet timing feats

lolwut?

Cloud and Zack are high end bullet timers and Sephiroth is far more powerful than both of them so, yeah. At best Kenshin is low supersonic You win this argument if you can show me when Cloud or Zack have used supernatural speed above Kenshin.

NemeBro
jbEt9cTN0_8

2:10

Well that was easy.

Compare to Kenshin, who would have been killed by a single primitive machine gun were it not for someone sacrificing himself to jam the ammo belt.

cdtm
So far it's Afro vs Seph arguments.

Jacks no pushover.. He does regulary deflect insane amounts of machinegun fire, has the water drop speed feat.

And on durability, survived having a four million ton sumo dropped right on top of him.

The Scenario
Originally posted by cdtm
four million ton sumo dropped right on top of him.

I wish. 700 tons according to the announcer.

StealthRanger
So Sephiroth solos then?

Good to know

Nephthys
Why does Sephiroth solo? Why is he so good again, I've forgotten.

ScreamPaste
Why does Sephiroth solo? Why is he so good again, I've forgotten. TK and good speed, mostly.

Jack should beat his ass in round 2, though.

StealthRanger
Plus other stuff like polymorphing, time stops, BFR, etc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.