Coin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Would you buy this or have the lost there mind?

https://onlycoin.com/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=CPC

Bardock42
I would buy it, it doesn't support EMV yet, so it's probably not useful in all of Europe yet, but when it is, I'll get it. Love the idea.

Shakyamunison
Paper money is on the way out.

Omega Vision
Pretty cool. I don't have a smartphone, but when/if I get one I'll probably get one of these too.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Supra
Would you buy this or have the lost there mind?

https://onlycoin.com/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=CPC

This concept was showcased on Batman Beyond in 2000. While not the same exact idea, all the characters carried around a "Credits" card that had all their credits and in some cases, multiple accounts (but only the rich characters had that), loaded onto them.

I think the name "Coin" is a fun but probably a poor choice. It is too common of a word that involves money.

Also, this is just a step before the next step. The next step is having those accounts implanted into your person and transferring that information to and from your person for all transactions. No credit card. No cell phone. Those solutions already exist, too: passive and active RFIDs. It's just that those RFIDs are a bit too invasive and not advanced enough to do a "multiple accounts" thing. The ideal solution would be a Smart, Passive, RFID-like solution. This means it would always know which account to activate for the transaction without the end users having to interface with that solution.

Supra
Killermovies is has it on banner!!! Support the forum, i just pre ordered mine!

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
This concept was showcased on Batman Beyond in 2000. While not the same exact idea, all the characters carried around a "Credits" card that had all their credits and in some cases, multiple accounts (but only the rich characters had that), loaded onto them.

I think the name "Coin" is a fun but probably a poor choice. It is too common of a word that involves money.

Also, this is just a step before the next step. The next step is having those accounts implanted into your person and transferring that information to and from your person for all transactions. No credit card. No cell phone. Those solutions already exist, too: passive and active RFIDs. It's just that those RFIDs are a bit too invasive and not advanced enough to do a "multiple accounts" thing. The ideal solution would be a Smart, Passive, RFID-like solution. This means it would always know which account to activate for the transaction without the end users having to interface with that solution.

There are definitely interesting developments in the payment spot. I really like coin as a feasible step, as it bypasses a lot of the issues that solutions like the one you propose have (in particular regarding scammer)

Supra
$55 Im so exited to be in the fold

Shakyamunison
So, let me know how the mark of the beast works for you. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.