Depowered Gladiator Combat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chipguy_okay
If everyone below was depowered and put into a gladiator setting where they had to take on each other, various animals (like lions), or at least a dozen gladiators heavily armored with weapons, who would fair best?

note- each character starts with basic slave gladiator gear (crappy armor, sword, and shield). they can use whatever they get from opponents they kill.

wonderwoman
superman
gambit
cyclops
spider-man
gamora
thor
daredevil
lex luthor
captain america
wolverine
cho
professor xavier

edit- depowered means they get no powers of any kind. so dd doesn't have super-senses. wolvie has no healing factor. etc. cap never got the serum.

abhilegend
lolwut? Cap and Gamora?

Ash_J_Williams
Poor Daredevil.

DarkSaint85
Poor Cap too...

Edit: Just saw Professor X there. Wut?

pym-ftw
Gamora or Thor.

Supermex
Thor
Not sure Gamora or Wonder Woman I think

janus77
Originally posted by chipguy_okay
If everyone below was depowered and put into a gladiator setting where they had to take on each other, various animals (like lions), or at least a dozen gladiators heavily armored with weapons, who would fair best?

note- each character starts with basic slave gladiator gear (crappy armor, sword, and shield). they can use whatever they get from opponents they kill.

wonderwoman
superman
gambit
cyclops
spider-man
gamora
thor
daredevil
lex luthor
captain america
wolverine
cho
professor xavier

edit- depowered means they get no powers of any kind. so dd doesn't have super-senses. wolvie has no healing factor. etc. cap never got the serum.
Cho, he doesn't use powers, just exceedingly fast maths.

He tosses a pebble at Thor's feet, just as Thor's about to take a run at Cyclops, Thor falls forward, tumbles over DareDevil and falls flat on Wolverine, knocking himself out and grounding Wolverine (who can't pick himself up because of the weight of the adamantium).

He then blows a kiss at Wonder Woman, which makes Gamora jealous and so she kills WW ...

Basically he wins.

Flyattractor
I would like to see the odds on who gets put down FIRST!?

And isn't Gamora an Alien? Does she really have powers?

The Sorrow
Wasn't it shown that Cho's intelligence was actually a superpower back in Incredible Herc?

Anyway surely Thor wins? He is still Asgardian after all and would be experienced at fighting in these kind of conditions.

janus77
Not sure really. I do recall him being given MODOK type powers, when hit with the Cathexis ray. That was said to amplify his most distinguishing characteristic - his brain, natch.

Other than that, he's said his brain works in exactly the same way that Banner's does. And I think Banner's not a mutant or anything (though that's not 100%, there have been hints in various media that Banner may naturally be some sort of mutant or something).

Being serious though, switching off their powers makes half these guys just human obstacles, immobile or completely incapable of orienting themselves.

The women, much though I like them, would not be up to much compared to Thor.

Still, I'm not sure where Thor stands, sans powers. As Asgardians aren't much going by Siege and other recent showings. Thor's powers would, I presume, be the reason why he can hang with Savage Hulk etc.

Other than that, I'd imagine Cyclops to be the best mix of natural strength and athleticism and combat tactics.

Captain America would be too weedy (without the SS) and Superman would be pretty much a regular human.

Supra
My Hammer skullcrushes him

Flyattractor
Where would Wolvie stand with all his "ninja" skills?

Rao Kal El
Wonder Woman wins IMO

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by janus77
Not sure really. I do recall him being given MODOK type powers, when hit with the Cathexis ray. That was said to amplify his most distinguishing characteristic - his brain, natch.

Other than that, he's said his brain works in exactly the same way that Banner's does. And I think Banner's not a mutant or anything (though that's not 100%, there have been hints in various media that Banner may naturally be some sort of mutant or something).

Being serious though, switching off their powers makes half these guys just human obstacles, immobile or completely incapable of orienting themselves.

The women, much though I like them, would not be up to much compared to Thor.

Still, I'm not sure where Thor stands, sans powers. As Asgardians aren't much going by Siege and other recent showings. Thor's powers would, I presume, be the reason why he can hang with Savage Hulk etc.

Other than that, I'd imagine Cyclops to be the best mix of natural strength and athleticism and combat tactics.

Captain America would be too weedy (without the SS) and Superman would be pretty much a regular human.

I'd give Superman pretty good odds, actually.

Cyclops too.

WW would be a clay statue.

Rao Kal El
lol true at ww being a statue, i imagine op starter will kept her human for the fight

Warlord
Xavier wins this

NemeBro
Going by build Thor should have a solid edge in size, strength, and durability, which unfortunately for Thor makes him a rather obvious target.

Superman should take second in this regard (Assuming Cap doesn't get to keep the size and build the serum gave him), but Thor has three inches over Superman in height, and a bit more mass IMO, I'd wager that Thor has him outweighed by, say, forty pounds or so.

Thor will likely be ganged up on by some of the smaller, less physically monstrous gladiators, so I don't like his chances.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.