Dennis Rodman tours N. Korea Again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
- Source

I'm sure some of you have already heard of this, but I wanted to share it here for discussion. My biggest issue with this, besides Rodman's obvious disregard for placating a corrupt regime, is the part where he just shrugs off human rights abuses.

I'm not sure what to make of his claims that Kim is his friend for life and how he seems butt-hurt that people take exception to his actions. The fact that he could care less about detained Americans and the fact that North Korea hates America since forever is baffling. That he is just there to have fun and bring the joy of basketball or whatever to the poor basketball-less people of N. Korea is just more to perplex us.

Thoughts?

Shakyamunison
How can anyone be friends with someone who just had his uncle killed?

Stealth Moose
By the magic of slam-dunking, apparently.

Shakyamunison
N. Korea could kill Dennis or imprison him, if it was to their political benefit.

Stealth Moose
But they won't. He's a high profile buffoon who amuses their leader and counters all the claims that North Korea is really one of the most authoritarian cesspools of our age.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
But they won't. He's a high profile buffoon who amuses their leader and counters all the claims that North Korea is really one of the most authoritarian cesspools of our age.

I guess if Dennis said something wrong during dinner, his translator would be executed instead.

Stealth Moose
The promo pictures don't appear to have a translator. I imagine Kim speaks some broken English, or at least enough to understand Dennis Rodman's no doubt immense grasp of semantics.

Shakyamunison
The promo pictures don't appear to have a translator. I imagine Kim speaks some broken English, or at least enough to understand Dennis Rodman's no doubt immense grasp of semantics.

OH! someone needs to do a comity skit with the two trying to communicate. That would be SL material. laughing out loud

Stealth Moose
Yes, yes it would.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02708/kim-rodman_2708185b.jpg

Omega Vision
My message to Dennis Rodman:

Befriending a dictator and then avoiding talking about human rights abuses with him doesn't make you a hero, in fact it makes you a coward, or potentially even worse: someone who lacks basic human empathy and integrity.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Befriending a dictator and then avoiding talking about human rights abuses with him doesn't make you a hero, in fact it makes you a coward, or even worse someone who lacks basic human empathy and integrity.

thumb up

Bardock42
My huge issue is that we are still reporting on that dipshit. The first time it was news, the second okay sure, lets drop it now.

Omega Vision
There is one useful thing about Rodman's visits, and that's that we get a glimpse into North Korea's elite, albeit one touched up and airbrushed by their propagandists.

Also apparently Rodman frequents a CVS Pharmacy about ten minutes south of my apartment.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
N. Korea could kill Dennis or imprison him, if it was to their political benefit.

Are you FNUTS or just dupid? Damn, here I thought yinz people on these forums were more smarter than that. Rodman been working with the CIA for years, he's a double agent doing some espionage type stuff. Don't know one get that close to a crazy dictator bent on destroying the western world and everything it stand for unless they're trying to assassinate someone or get the dirt on them. The only other conclusion is that he be trying to build a bridge between cultures or he just sucking up that lime light cuz he like attention. We all know Rodman aint THAT vain. He aint smart or caring enough to want to change eether so yea it gotta be him workin for da gomment. It's a black man in office so of course he would hire his favorite basketball star to be his assassin...,right? rolling on floor laughing

Yea we just figured some stuff out here Happy Dance

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Are you FNUTS or just dupid? Damn, here I thought yinz people on these forums were more smarter than that. Rodman been working with the CIA for years, he's a double agent doing some espionage type stuff. Don't know one get that close to a crazy dictator bent on destroying the western world and everything it stand for unless they're trying to assassinate someone or get the dirt on them. The only other conclusion is that he be trying to build a bridge between cultures or he just sucking up that lime light cuz he like attention. We all know Rodman aint THAT vain. He aint smart or caring enough to want to change eether so yea it gotta be him workin for da gomment. It's a black man in office so of course he would hire his favorite basketball star to be his assassin...,right? rolling on floor laughing

Yea we just figured some stuff out here Happy Dance

It was just wishful thinking on my part.

Lord Lucien
nu3R3us7iHk

wilco
Dennis has taken so many drugs, he wouldn't know what planet he's from laughing out loud

NO S**T!

He thought in North Korea he was on a galactic mission big grin

My Old Man (Father) did the service in Australia just before he was sent to Korea......then it ended! The War (Korean War). He's 79, nearly 80...in March. My old Lady (mother) is 64.............he is cradle snatcher laughing rolling on floor laughing

At his Pub - it's a Surf Club. A few mates, will rib him (a joke)...."you robbed a young girl to marry you" laughing out loud

wilco
Me and my old Man (father) 39 years ago

He's broken his nose 3 times......me!! only the once... laughing

NemeBro

Also apparently Rodman frequents a CVS Pharmacy about ten minutes south of my apartment. Oh yeah?

Befriending a dictator and then avoiding talking about human rights abuses with him doesn't make you a hero, in fact it makes you a coward, or potentially even worse: someone who lacks basic human empathy and integrity.

Say this shit to his FACE then.

wilco
My Bi*ch sister and my mate...he's the blonde one

wilco
One brother who works for Korean Air as I Pilot

wilco
Another brother...he thought he was a rocker..years ago laughing

wilco
Another brother at his wedding day years .......Many years ago...it isn't last! stick out tongue

Supra

- Source

I'm sure some of you have already heard of this, but I wanted to share it here for discussion. My biggest issue with this, besides Rodman's obvious disregard for placating a corrupt regime, is the part where he just shrugs off human rights abuses.

I'm not sure what to make of his claims that Kim is his friend for life and how he seems butt-hurt that people take exception to his actions. The fact that he could care less about detained Americans and the fact that North Korea hates America since forever is baffling. That he is just there to have fun and bring the joy of basketball or whatever to the poor basketball-less people of N. Korea is just more to perplex us.

Thoughts?

Its a dog and pony show

Shakyamunison
wilco, what in the hell are you dong?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by NemeBro
Oh yeah?

Say this shit to his FACE then.
That's what I was getting at stick out tongue

wilco
wilco, what in the hell are you dong?

I was drunk! Half of a bottle of Jack Daniels...... no messed

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by wilco
I was drunk! Half of a bottle of Jack Daniels...... no messed

Ya, that will do it. Still barfing?

wilco
Ya, that will do it. Still barfing?

I went the the beach and then I exercised, as there is a chip up bar, dip bar, squat bar (with shoulder pads) and I took my rubber bands. They have 3 different gradients.

I woke up at 5:30 AM cleaned my house (dishes and crap) then I went to the beach and exercise.

Stealth Moose
Your life sounds horrible.

Omega Vision
A PhD student who was in my Pedagogy class had a daily schedule that consisted of waking up at 4:00 AM to practice karate for two hours, eat breakfast (probably a bunch of egg whites), then exercise at the gym for several hours, then work on his history dissertation for about five hours.

Stealth Moose
That sounds like fun. Except you know, there should be some obvious time set aside for leisure, eating and drinking.

Omega Vision
so, NK is threatening military strikes again if South Korea doesn't stop conservative groups from staging protests in Seoul.

It would be interesting if they went through with them while Rodman is visiting. Travel to and from NK would shut down and Rodman would be trapped with his BFF.

S_D_J

Supposedly he studied in Switzerland in a private English-language International School.

he played basketball, and apparently was very good at it.

I guess he speaks perfect english

wilco
A PhD student who was in my Pedagogy class had a daily schedule that consisted of waking up at 4:00 AM to practice karate for two hours, eat breakfast (probably a bunch of egg whites), then exercise at the gym for several hours, then work on his history dissertation for about five hours.

I have to took up (Pedagogy) .....so, I am certainly not a University student laughing

Omega Vision
Originally posted by S_D_J
Supposedly he studied in Switzerland in a private English-language International School.

he played basketball, and apparently was very good at it.

I guess he speaks perfect english
He might be a good shooter, but there's no way he could play a full game with that body.

Stealth Moose
so, NK is threatening military strikes again if South Korea doesn't stop conservative groups from staging protests in Seoul.

It would be interesting if they went through with them while Rodman is visiting. Travel to and from NK would shut down and Rodman would be trapped with his BFF.

He'd change his tune real quick. I doubt Rodman could be entertained for more than a few months without even Kim getting sick of him.

Time to watch Team America again.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
nu3R3us7iHk

That video might have been funny if it weren't just a bunch of references.

Lestov16
How hilarious would it be if a week after Rodman's visit, Lil' Kim Jong made a live press statement saying "After speaking with my ballin' best friend, I realize that I may have overreacted a little when I had my uncle killed. I apologize to him, and I thank Dennis Rodman and his awesome hair for showing me the error of my ways." laughing out loud

Supra
I bet Rodman had a better time then Kim Poo.. He was a god amoung them

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Lestov16
How hilarious would it be if a week after Rodman's visit, Lil' Kim Jong made a live press statement saying "After speaking with my ballin' best friend, I realize that I may have overreacted a little when I had my uncle killed. I apologize to him, and I thank Dennis Rodman and his awesome hair for showing me the error of my ways." laughing out loud
laughing out loud It would be funny until the American people made Rodman president eek! confused sad

Shakyamunison
laughing out loud It would be funny until the American people made Rodman president eek! confused sad

Noooooooooooooo!

Omega Vision
I know it's a joke, but why would that be a big deal to Americans?

Stealth Moose
He'd be the only American president easily defeated my a giant magnet. Or a college entry exam.

Lord Lucien
He'd be the only American president easily defeated my a giant magnet. Or a college entry exam. Not cool, dude. My father was killed by a college entry exam. On magnets, no less.

Tzeentch
He'd be the only American president easily defeated by... a college entry exam.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/911timeline/people/bush.jpg

Stealth Moose
Bush has enough fam-power to avoid taking the test. Thus, he is immune to its power.

Lauren2
Is he also visiting UK any time soon. I am a bulls fan especially and I want to roll back all the years and want to see him play alongside Jordan smile

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lauren2
Is he also visiting UK any time soon. I am a bulls fan especially and I want to roll back all the years and want to see him play alongside Jordan smile

At first, I thought you were talking about Bush. laughing out loud

Stealth Moose
Bush is a big advocate of bull though. Almost spot-on.

Stealth Moose
Rodman sings Happy Birthday to North Korea's Kim Jong-un

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72145000/jpg/_72145726_020538387-1.jpg

US basketball star Dennis Rodman has sung Happy Birthday to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in front of a crowd of thousands in the capital.

Rodman said Mr Kim, who was in the audience with his wife and other senior officials, was his "best friend".

The former NBA star is on his fourth North Korean visit to mark Mr Kim's birthday with a basketball match.

He has angrily defended his visit after criticism from rights groups. The US said he does not represent the country.

The crowd of about 14,000 at the Pyongyang Indoor Stadium clapped and waved as Rodman sang Happy Birthday on Wednesday, the Associated Press news agency says.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72153000/jpg/_72153172_020538063-1.jpg

Maybe if his team throws the game, Kenneth Bae can come home?

Shakyamunison
Should the US government stop Dennis Rodman from going to NK? The human rights violations in NK are outrageous, and something needs to be done about it. I think this kind of "positive press" only emboldens the NK leaders to stay the course. In other words, Dennis Rodman is now partly at fault for the suffering of many people in that nation.

Stealth Moose
US leaders back bad leaders and shake hands with them all the time. Any moral high ground they might presume to have is long gone at this point.

But I think Rodman has a personal responsibility to not buy into Kim's cult of personality and fight for the interests of people detained against their will and the rights of the oppressed everyday citizen. You think all those attendees could afford to see the show? No, it was compulsory.

Tzeentch
That's a pretty lulzy story, considering that, if you believe the news, Kim recently had his uncle literally eaten to death by iirc like 100 starved dogs for treason. lulz

Lexington
Rodman sounds Mentally ill, did you hear that interview on CNN, he "doesn't give a rats ass what you think!"

Omega Vision
Should the US government stop Dennis Rodman from going to NK? The human rights violations in NK are outrageous, and something needs to be done about it. I think this kind of "positive press" only emboldens the NK leaders to stay the course. In other words, Dennis Rodman is now partly at fault for the suffering of many people in that nation.
No, their current strategy is a smart one. They could possibly do more to pressure him to do actual diplomacy instead of just doing blow with a dictator, but stopping him would seem to lend legitimacy to what he's doing, and he'd probably start mouthing off about how "those assholes" don't want better relations with North Korea. He's an irrelevant man-child and the US government is right to treat him as such.

wilco
I wrote about 2-3 weeks ago....Rodman is still high on f***ing drugs! laughing

Hopefully, he'll be in a internment camps! hahaha See how he deals with that laughing

wilco
Originally posted by wilco
Dennis has taken so many drugs, he wouldn't know what planet he's from laughing out loud

NO S**T!

He thought in North Korea he was on a galactic mission big grin

I wrote that weeks ago....I'm drunk, but, I still remember though. haha

flipperflip
lol man that guy is a big mess, some strong drugs he was on during the cnn interview

Lexington
I wish rodman would sing happy birthday to me........ sad

jinXed by JaNx
I know it's a joke, but why would that be a big deal to Americans?

because it affects the rest of the world. I suppose I know how you view "Americans", now. laughing out loud pretty shitty man, to blame an entire people for the choices of a few. sad

Chris17
Rodman is probably a nice guy, who just took too many Drugs and is in his midlife crisis. But somehow I think it is funny. A former NBA Player is now best friends with a Dictator, sounds like an awesome Movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.