Guns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Who likes guns?

Shakyamunison
I've never met a gun that I didn't like. Its people with guns I don't like.

Lord Lucien
I don't like guns. They're loud, obnoxious, ugly, smell bad, and when you look at them the wrong way they hurt you. And they're always hogging the spotlight on TV. Whenever I'm in school, or at the movies, and one of them barges in, I always make a beeline to the exit.

BackFire
Never held a gun, never shot a gun, never plan to.

Loathe the gun culture in this country, the romanticism that so many people feel towards guns in this country is frankly disgusting to me.

Also hate the "owning a gun makes you a man" kind of mentality that a lot of people feel. Makes no sense. It's not manly to own a gun, if anything it's cowardly.

But yeah, don't care for them.

Nephthys
Batman tells me to hate guns and I dare not question him.

BackFire
Neph just won the thread.

Robtard
Held a few different guns and shot 4-5 different guns/rifles at targets. It's a bit of fun; not something I'd do often.

Never owned one and I doubt I ever will.

Mindship
I prefer bombs, flamethrowers and crossbows.

wilco
Americans are obsessed with guns. Then Obama tries to get the Congress/Senate to pass laws after 20 young children died. NOTHING! IDIOTS! Unless you're a Police officer...........Or, you're Farmer -----wolves and crap. You shouldn't have a gun. In the Military, that's different ----- if you're fighting compartments. I thought the USA is not having a civil war at the moment.

stick out tongue

That's why they had the 2nd Amendment.......230 years ago. Some semi-----can shoot 100 rounds in 10 seconds. Idiots............

BackFire
Some people here think we're in a civil war, cuz they hate Obama.

Supra
I travel a lot and meet a lot of Aussies, every time I meet one I try to at least them all the same question..

Do you regret having to give up your firearms in Australia ..

They all say yes..they wish they still had their guns.

Granted Aussies never go to war so why would they need them..However America is always at war either with itself or others..

Would taking away guns from our own people help or hurt us?

Keep in mind the criminals will still have access to guns thus we are disarming the law abiding citizens and giving the guns basically only too the criminals

wilco
Mate, you can still have a register gun, though it's a long legal process. Better than most states in U.S.A. Some states in the US, they give guns away just joining a new Bank...........that's crazy, if not.............in f***ing insane.

The only reason of the 2nd Amendment because they British

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

To load a gun and shoot it, it would take 15 seconds...maybe more.

I know about the Military and I was brought up on a farm. The Congress/Senate ...the leaders of the so called great America, they have big money in different states which guns/ammunition....which in turn, they would be voted out in Public Office - If a Congressman/women said "I don't want guns freely available. I want a 2 year cooling off period while the authorities do a thorough check". He or she would be voted out in Office...........NO SH*T!

Impediment
I did all of my shooting while I was in the Army.

I'm not one of these drooling gun nuts with a concealed license and owns 50+ different weapons.

I support the 2nd Amendment, but, yeah, I'm just not a gun guy anymore.

wilco
Originally posted by wilco
Mate, you can still have a register gun, though it's a long legal process. Better than most states in U.S.A. Some states in the US, they give guns away just joining a new Bank...........that's crazy, if not.............in f***ing insane.

The only reason of the 2nd Amendment because they British

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

To load a gun and shoot it, it would take 15 seconds...maybe more.

I know about the Military and I was brought up on a farm. The Congress/Senate ...the leaders of the so called great America, they have big money in different states which guns/ammunition....which in turn, they would be voted out in Public Office - If a Congressman/women said "I don't want guns freely available. I want a 2 year cooling off period while the authorities do a thorough check". He or she would be voted out in Office...........NO SH*T!

The 2nd Amendment

http://americanhistory.about.com/od/usconstitution/a/2nd-Amendment.htm

http://americanhistory.about.com/od/usconstitution/a/2nd-Amendment.htm

Supra
Originally posted by Impediment
I did all of my shooting while I was in the Army.

I'm not one of these drooling gun nuts with a concealed license and owns 50+ different weapons.

I support the 2nd Amendment, but, yeah, I'm just not a gun guy anymore.

Im not into concealed carry, I could have one in a second but Im not into that..If you need to carry a weapon all the time then what is America become?

I am a fan of having guns at home, when they come and they will come with guns..you have to have an equal force to fight back or you will simply be out gunned.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Supra
Im not into concealed carry, I could have one in a second but Im not into that..If you need to carry a weapon all the time then what is America become?

I am a fan of having guns at home, when they come and they will come with guns..you have to have an equal force to fight back or you will simply be out gunned.

Who will be coming for you with guns?

Supra
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Who will be coming for you with guns?

Robbers, Looters of coarse..who else? Then Zombies!

ArtificialGlory
Robbers, Looters of coarse..who else? Then Zombies!

Oh, those tropes. Well, I suppose in that case a gun can indeed be useful.

Supra
Oh, those tropes. Well, I suppose in that case a gun can indeed be useful.

smile

jaden101
I love guns. They are aesthetically very nice.

Gun owners, on the other hand...

Supra
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/12/backdoor-gun-control-obama-use-executive-order-ban-lead-ammo-imports/

we are ****ed

dadudemon
I've said it twice before on KMC: I will not own a gun until my youngest is 12.

I've shot so many different kinds of guns and ammo that it would be an act in futility to remember them all. I prefer it that way: someone else's guns at a shooting range. I got really good at scope-less target shooting at the 100-200 yard ranges. It was fun as hell. But nope.jpg to having guns in my house with my children.

"Buy a gun safe, then, dadudemon."

You buy a gun safe and give it to me along with free guns and ammo. I'd rather waste my money on electronics than an expensive gun hobby.

wilco
http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/12/backdoor-gun-control-obama-use-executive-order-ban-lead-ammo-imports/

we are ****ed

The NRA are simpletons. I've had 2 brain injuries, near death and I'm more rational they are. Bush Jr and his right hand Man........who he shot some guy at a Farm laughing

Bush............f**ked the ecomomy before Obama got elected. The USA will never be the same again. China will be the super power in 25 years! No s**t! I bet on it!

Supra
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/21/end-line-for-lead-bullet-regulations-bans-force-switch-to-green-ammo/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

dadudemon
The NRA are simpletons. I've had 2 brain injuries, near death and I'm more rational they are. Bush Jr and his right hand Man........who he shot some guy at a Farm laughing

Bush............f**ked the ecomomy before Obama got elected. The USA will never be the same again. China will be the super power in 25 years! No s**t! I bet on it!

IMO, China is already a Super Power.

Supra

Nah Not China....they are money smart..but they have no warriors code..they are a bunch of ******* who hide behind there economy..when the going gets tough..thats all they fall back on is there fat wallets..

Omega Vision
China is due to overtake the US as the largest economy within a decade or so IIRC, but in terms of military strength and political clout they probably won't ever have the same kind of monopoly on power as the US experienced post-Cold War. The best they can hope for is to be a kind of Soviet Union-esque arch-rival.

wilco
Originally posted by Omega Vision
China is due to overtake the US as the largest economy within a decade or so IIRC, but in terms of military strength and political clout they probably won't ever have the same kind of monopoly on power as the US experienced post-Cold War. The best they can hope for is to be a kind of Soviet Union-esque arch-rival.

Who the biggest imported from China????? One guess! Australia.....Mineral, Iron ore and so much more.

There is communities in China, which people aren't living in there. It's a Mini City....but, at the moment in China and the civilize world, there is nearly a depression (not quite, but in Greece and Spain) YES! Spain has 40% of unemployment.....JESUS Christ....we have 6.2 in Australia and that's hard.

wilco
^

It's hard to create sentences after a brain injury - I should have said "Who's the biggest imported on Chinese products? - Australian minerals and Iron ore...and a few others".

Holden (car manufacturing) is gone after 2017......too experience to have wages, from $900.00 + a week plus.

Supra
Getting way off topic, this is about guns

Omega Vision
As said by a few people here, I have no problem with guns, but certain gun owners are a blight on society.

The NRA is probably the single most evil lobbying group in America, with the possible exception of Big Tobacco.

we are ****ed
Wow...those comments...just wow.

dadudemon
The NRA is probably the single most evil lobbying group in America

Go on...

You can't just drop a nugget like that and not give deets.

jinXed by JaNx
this is the wrong argument, people. We shouldn't be arguing to have the right to own guns. We should be arguing why we want the right to own guns. It blows my goddamn mind how many people are lost on little things like this and miss out on the big picture. You don't need a gun to kill someone all you need to kill someone is a thought...,a desire.

Supra
We are giving these unalienable rights by the Constitution of the United States of America

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
this is the wrong argument, people. We shouldn't be arguing to have the right to own guns. We should be arguing why we want the right to own guns. It blows my goddamn mind how many people are lost on little things like this and miss out on the big picture. You don't need a gun to kill someone all you need to kill someone is a thought...,a desire.

Of all of the people I know who own guns, none of them want to or have killed anyone.

With the exception of my cousin who did kill someone with a gun, but he is now dead. BTW guns was not the reason, it was drugs.

Impediment
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Why do we want the right to own guns?

Why did Rosa Parks want to sit at the front of the bus? The answer is because it is her right as a free human being to do so.

Supra

Why did Rosa Parks want to sit at the front of the bus? The answer is because it is her right as a free human being to do so.

Fckin A RIGHT!!!!

Nephthys

Sitting at the front of the buss isn't quite equivalent to owning a deadly weapon. Sorry dude, but guns seem to me to be exactly the kind of thing we shouldn't let just anyone have. They're too dangerous. Too many people get hurt as a result of easy access IMO.

Supra
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sitting at the front of the buss isn't quite equivalent to owning a deadly weapon. Sorry dude, but guns seem to me to be exactly the kind of thing we shouldn't let just anyone have. They're just too dangerous.

So now the constitution differentiates from person to person?

Nephthys
I don't understand your point.

I will say that the constitution was written a long time ago in a very different world and parts of it clash with modern society. Back then the word 'frontier' was a real thing and people actually needed guns for protection. In 2013 everyone owning guns is more dangerous than not owning them.

Also I'm British so I don't really care about the constitution as much as you yanks.

Supra
Sitting at the front of the buss isn't quite equivalent to owning a deadly weapon. Sorry dude, but guns seem to me to be exactly the kind of thing we shouldn't let just anyone have. They're too dangerous. Too many people get hurt as a result of easy access IMO. Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't understand your point.

I will say that the constitution was written a long time ago in a very different world and parts of it clash with modern society. Back then the word 'frontier' was a real thing and people actually needed guns for protection. In 2013 everyone owning guns is more dangerous than not owning them.

Also I'm British so I don't really care about the constitution.

Well Im American and I do..and Your take on guns does little for my rights to own them as an America..there was a reason we left Britan high and dry

Nephthys
Right... but the question is whether you should have those rights. Laws can be changed.

Supra
Right... but the question is whether you should have those rights. Laws can be changed.

Why did we leave Britain then?

ArtificialGlory
Because you saw the British nanny state bullshit coming?

Bardock42

Taxes?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Bardock42
Taxes?

Add religious persecution to that.

BackFire

Wish more people here had this kind of mentality rather than thinking the constitution is some holy document written by some kind of weird all-knowing demigods.

Also back then our military was essentially a militia and guns were the best type of defense against an invading force. Now we have the most powerful/expensive military in the world, so it's not really necessary anymore.

Bardock42
Add religious persecution to that.

And freedom and eagles and shit

BackFire
And we use the guns to kill the eagles.

Bardock42
'merica **** yea

Nephthys
Tbf though, the eagles haven't been a real threat since Superman defeated their king back in the 50's.

BackFire
Can't be too safe. Our laziness is what led to the threat of the original eagle king.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by BackFire
Wish more people here had this kind of mentality rather than thinking the constitution is some holy document written by some kind of weird all-knowing demigods. I've thought this too. The Constitution seems to be flouted as a be-all/end-all Law of Laws. I can see it being treated with the same reverence and holy mystique as the Bible or Koran. That there's been several dozen amendments to the document means it's inherently flawed and requires occasional revision.

wilco

Also I'm British so I don't really care about the constitution as much as you yanks.

What about the Ashes......... laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

http://cdn.scahw.com.au/cdn-1cefaf97cf31830/ImageVaultFiles/id_205725/cf_7/Australia-Ashes-Win-Celebration-628.jpg

Happy Dance

laughing

wilco
Sorry to disrupt the guns issue, but, he's a Pom laughing

Omega Vision
Wish more people here had this kind of mentality rather than thinking the constitution is some holy document written by some kind of weird all-knowing demigods.

Also back then our military was essentially a militia and guns were the best type of defense against an invading force. Now we have the most powerful/expensive military in the world, so it's not really necessary anymore.
My impression is that many who believe the 2nd Amendment is necessary believe that we need guns in case the government oversteps its bounds.

Which makes me think of a line from Squidbillies when the main characters were hiding out in the wilderness with shotguns and clubs:

"But what do we do if the world's most powerful and well funded military comes for us?"
"Shoot at 'em."

BackFire
Yeah, that's what they say. It's a ridiculous argument that doesn't have any merit.

If the government were to turn against the people they aren't going to be held back by some dipshits with shotguns and glocks. Those won't be very effective at fighting off tanks and stealth helicopters. Your quote is pretty spot on.

Plus that argument raises the important question of who decides if the government overstepped its bounds? There are those already saying it has and that they're prepared to engage in a civil war, you know, because attempting to give universal health care to the poor is a threat to the American way of life. Think of the poor CEO's, etc.

It's just them grasping at straws.

Epicurus
Wow...those comments...just wow.
I really like the "cut open a penny" idea postulated on there.

Epicurus
Colonialism.

Omega Vision
Yeah, that's what they say. It's a ridiculous argument that doesn't have any merit.

If the government were to turn against the people they aren't going to be held back by some dipshits with shotguns and glocks. Those won't be very effective at fighting off tanks and stealth helicopters. Your quote is pretty spot on.

Plus that argument raises the important question of who decides if the government overstepped its bounds? There are those already saying it has and that they're prepared to engage in a civil war, you know, because attempting to give universal health care to the poor is a threat to the American way of life. Think of the poor CEO's, etc.

It's just them grasping at straws.
Oh, and no one's safe until everyone has a concealed carry.

BlackZero30x
I have held/shot gun a few times. Never plan to own one but I believe in the second amendment.

BackFire
Oh, and no one's safe until everyone has a concealed carry.

Absolutely. More guns means less shootings. Just like cars, more cars on the roads means less accidents. It's simple math.

Supra
Because you saw the British nanny state bullshit coming?

yup

Supra
Absolutely. More guns means less shootings. Just like cars, more cars on the roads means less accidents. It's simple math.

I admire you more and more with each post..MERICA!!!

Thank you!!

Archaeopteryx
Most of the replies in this thread remind me of why I rarely visit this forum anymore

Supra
http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/P1030584-900x600.jpg
PHUCK YA!!

Shakyamunison
http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/P1030584-900x600.jpg
PHUCK YA!!

Are both trigger independent?

Supra
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Are both trigger independent?

Its hard to find info on it, but I don't think so from what I can see from the pictures. and single bolt.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/foghorn/gilboas-double-barreled-ar-15-makes-american-debut/

meep-meep
Licenses for everyone!

dadudemon

I did an analysis of DoT's records a couple of years back and, despite the number of cars increasing on the road, there were less crashes and less fatalities per 100,000 people. On top of that, the crashes per 100k and the deaths per 100k have been steadily decreasing year over year. I did this comparison to show that "texters", despite having an exponential growth as drivers over the last 15 years, did not only NOT increase crashes, they didn't increase fatalities, either. Something else is at play, in America, that is increasing the safety of both drivers and cars (that should be understandable; cars are, generally, getting safer. But I cannot explain why crashes, per 100k cars, is decreasing).

I know, go ahead and say your point went right over my head. sad

I'm sorry..I'm sorry...I just wanted to point out the car thing I analyzed.

Wait, what were we even talking about? Guns?

I think every person that owns a gun should be required to take both a written and practical exam every 2 years. The practical would prove they know how to operate ALL the guns they own and effectively shoot it with reasonable accuracy. The written would check for other things like common sense safety ideas, laws, etc.

I think this should be a federal law that applies to every state but each state, if their conceal and carry laws are better than the federal one, could institute their own C&C laws.

Also, I think that your rhetoric is fundamentally wrong. What would happen would be an increase of accidental shootings (believe this is your point). But I am positive, based on the statistics, that the number of robberies, assaults, etc. would decrease.

Edit - There are many recent resources and studies for this. But, let's start with Forbes:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/05/14/disarming-realities-as-gun-sales-soar-gun-crimes-plummet/

Mindship

http://img.pandawhale.com/45329-iron-man-pepper-potts-robert-d-VJR6.gif

Supra
Originally posted by Mindship
http://img.pandawhale.com/45329-iron-man-pepper-potts-robert-d-VJR6.gif

Hahasmile Where did you get that animation?

Mindship
Hahasmile Where did you get that animation? That's the great thing about the internet: pretty much anything you can think of, somewhere, it's there, in cyberspace. .

Bardock42
"cue eerie theremin" that is an excellent sequence of words...

Lord Lucien
Looks kinda Latiny.

Robtard
Its hard to find info on it, but I don't think so from what I can see from the pictures. and single bolt.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/foghorn/gilboas-double-barreled-ar-15-makes-american-debut/

For the guy with the extra-extra small penis?

Mindship
Originally posted by Robtard
For the guy with the extra-extra small penis? lol. Damn. Shame on me that I missed that. Sorry, Freud.

Originally posted by Bardock42
"cue eerie theremin" that is an excellent sequence of words... "excellent sequence" is a cool pair.

I always liked that word: "sequence".

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Looks kinda Latiny. It's the e's, man, it's the e's.

Supra
Originally posted by Robtard
For the guy with the extra-extra small penis?

Guns are my right to own, your penis that your wife abandoned long ago is a little sad dick that searches for innocent little girls like Emma Watson. laughing

Esau Cairn
I travel a lot and meet a lot of Aussies, every time I meet one I try to at least them all the same question..

Do you regret having to give up your firearms in Australia ..

They all say yes..they wish they still had their guns.

Granted Aussies never go to war so why would they need them..

I seriously don't have a clue what you're talking about?

I'm a 45 yr old Australian & never ever once have I had a conversation with another Australian claiming "they wish they still had guns."

Guns in this culture have always been for hunting & sporting reasons.
The inclination to arm ourselves for protection has never been a political or "human rights" issue.

Trust me, every time we see or read a news article about yet another high school shooting or random drive-by in America...we cringe at the senseless violence, WE DON'T WATCH IN ENVY WISHING WE HAD GUNS.

Then you go on to say, "Aussies never go to war..."
So we were never involved in WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan or Iraq????

mr.smiley
I love guns and own a few myself. Look forward to hopefully owning more one day.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I love guns and own a few myself. Look forward to hopefully owning more one day.

How many people have you killed? wink

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How many people have you killed? wink

Well as of now none and hopefully it continues to stay that way.
My guns haven't killed anyone either but then again their in a safe. stick out tongue

Stealth Moose
I hope in case of a home invasion that the safe is relatively easy to unlock and accessible.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Well as of now none and hopefully it continues to stay that way.
My guns haven't killed anyone either but then again their in a safe. stick out tongue

Then you are not a true gun owner. stick out tongue wink

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I hope in case of a home invasion that the safe is relatively easy to unlock and accessible.

Normally when I'm home theirs always one left out.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I hope in case of a home invasion that the safe is relatively easy to unlock and accessible. Preferably by any small children in the vicinity, as their small, fragile forms make its more difficult for them to defend themselves.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.