Street levelers endowed with Herald level power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Which street Herald wins? Fight takes place in an indestructible enclosed arena.

Everyone gets a yr to practice with their new powers.

Batman with Superman powers.
Captain America with Sentry powers.
Black Panther with Surfers power.
Spiderman with Martian Manhunter powers.

Who comes out on top?

MF DELPH
Black Panther with Surfer's powers.

StiltmanFTW
Yep, T'Challa.

byrdgang21
Batman. He is already extremely familiar with Supes power set & after a year I'd think he would've mastered his new powers better than anyone else.

Branlor Swift
I think Black Surfer utilizing the vibranium suit to absorb or redirect energy would be pretty ridiculous.

ares834
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Black Panther with Surfer's powers.

thumb up

maxivitopowe
I wanna say Spidey

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Which street Herald wins? Fight takes place in an indestructible enclosed arena.

Who comes out on top? Carver, I will DESTROY you if I see you gimp Batman again. sneer

janus77
Logically, Black Panther with Surfer's powers should win.

Unless you mean BP gets the power of monologue and monumental guilt?

8swords

If the jobber aura comes with the powers, then spidey is the first to go down in this fight

Q99
I will say Batman would be the one most used to the power set- he works alongside Superman constantly and knows the powers inside and out, and would likely be able to pull off the kinds of tricks that normally only come from experience.

Surfer and MM have fairly complex powersets, so there may be a learning curve on them, at least for the trickier abilities.

JakeTheBank

You phucking disgust me.

ODG
Originally posted by Q99
I will say Batman would be the one most used to the power set- he works alongside Superman constantly and knows the powers inside and out, and would likely be able to pull off the kinds of tricks that normally only come from experience.

Surfer and MM have fairly complex powersets, so there may be a learning curve on them, at least for the trickier abilities. Classic Batman certainly has the experience, but not DCnU Batman. But while Cap doesn't have any personal experience with Sentry's power, he has acclimated to Herald and Herald+ abilities without missing a beat several times throughout his career, e.g., Mjolnir (twice), Destiny Force, Novaforce, etc. He'd probably do it again.

Didn't T'Challa steal the Power Cosmic before?

deathslash
1. Spider-man isn't a street level hero
2. BP has used Surfer's powers before
4. Do these powers come with the weaknesses(because if so either BP of Batman could use heat to kill Spider-man, BP could used red sunlight to drain Batman of his power and beat the crap out of him)?
5. Is Cap getting Death Seed Sentry's powers?
6. I think that BP wins

abhilegend
BP didn't use power cosmic by himself when he stole it from surfer, he gave it to Human Torch because he's experienced with it.

9jaboy
Black surfer would be awesome(armbar on a planetry scale)that said.....batman goes and practices in the sun for a year then comes back stomp them combined.that cheat would do that.he could even make weapons in picoseconds.

DarkSaint85
So you have removed Sentry's agoraphobia, and given them to one of the most confident and self-assured men in Marvel?

pym-ftw
American Sentry wins with ease.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by 8swords
If the jobber aura comes with the powers, then spidey is the first to go down in this fight

I think the Heart Force could over come the jobber aura

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So you have removed Sentry's agoraphobia, and given them to one of the most confident and self-assured men in Marvel?

Exactly. Every person was chosen for a reason.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You phucking disgust me.

laughing out loud

chipguy_okay
Originally posted by ODG
Classic Batman certainly has the experience, but not DCnU Batman. But while Cap doesn't have any personal experience with Sentry's power, he has acclimated to Herald and Herald+ abilities without missing a beat several times throughout his career, e.g., Mjolnir (twice), Destiny Force, Novaforce, etc. He'd probably do it again.

Didn't T'Challa steal the Power Cosmic before?

Well, technically DCnU Batman should have some kind of experience because vague amounts of his continuity are in tact. Also, even DcNu Batman seems pretty knowledge about Superman's powers in general. Coupled that with Wraith saying Superman has a bunch of weird abilities he'll be able to tap into with more experience and he'd be a beast.

Mindship
Originally posted by janus77
Logically, Black Panther with Surfer's powers should win.

Unless you mean BP gets the power of monologue and monumental guilt? lolza

The cross to bear, dude, the cross to bear.

Warlord
Cap with the power of a million exploding Americas

maxivitopowe
Exactly. Every person was chosen for a reason.

Can you explain Spider Martian

Unless he uses his telepathic powers to instil all with an intense bout of guilt and the desire to give up only to come back stronger cos that's kind off an ass backwards plan.

Or is he to use his shape-shifting powers to become a giant spider?

carver9
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Can you explain Spider Martian

Unless he uses his telepathic powers to instil all with an intense bout of guilt and the desire to give up only to come back stronger cos that's kind off an ass backwards plan.

Or is he to use his shape-shifting powers to become a giant spider?

Spiderman confidence along with his ability to multitask. Also adding in the fact that he isn't a jobber like Martian Manhunter...if anything, he is far away from it and would use Martians abilities far better than he would (with practice of course).

maxivitopowe
Cool :thumbs up:

janus77
Originally posted by Mindship
lolza

The cross to bear, dude, the cross to bear.
I'm picturing Woody Allen on a surfboard in space.

Or maybe something more Catholic, given the stereotype of Catholics and guilt.

Cogito
They'd all be beasts, but I would point out that Batman would be the fastest to acclimate to Superman's powers and would use them to their fullest potential, as opposed to being half-retarded like Superman.

janus77
I dunno about that. The Power Cosmic basically includes the power to understand how best to use it, in the way of Cosmic Awareness.

BP wouldn't be anywhere near as effective as Doom was with PC, but he'd be very very effective nonetheless.

ODG
Originally posted by chipguy_okay
Well, technically DCnU Batman should have some kind of experience because vague amounts of his continuity are in tact. Also, even DcNu Batman seems pretty knowledge about Superman's powers in general. Coupled that with Wraith saying Superman has a bunch of weird abilities he'll be able to tap into with more experience and he'd be a beast. Not sure what you're driving at here. Superman himself has barely tapped into his own powerset and he's lived with his powerset the entire time. Why would Batman be able to do moreso when vast swaths of continuity have been eliminated completely? Especially when at least one adventure that actually had them swap bodies is definitely retconned out? Originally posted by Cogito
They'd all be beasts, but I would point out that Batman would be the fastest to acclimate to Superman's powers and would use them to their fullest potential, as opposed to being half-retarded like Superman. Batman's good, but unless you have actual examples of him acclimating to superpowers without effort or better than the actual owners of said superpowers (feats that characters like Doom and Cap have) -- then there is absolutely no reason to think he'd be a better Superman than Superman himself.

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
Batman's good, but unless you have actual examples of him acclimating to superpowers without effort or better than the actual owners of said superpowers (feats that characters like Doom and Cap have) -- then there is absolutely no reason to think he'd be a better Superman than Superman himself.

For the most part I'm guessing about Batman, but I'm pretty sure it's a reasonable enough assumption.

And as I said, they'd all be beasts, but Superman's powers are far more similar in nature (not scope) to Batman's than Sentry to Cap. Add Batman's vast experience with Superman's more exotic uses of his powers, and I really don't think there's much of a learning curve at all.

DarkSaint85
Didn't Superman/Batman #53-56 have exactly that storyline, i.e Batman gained Superman's powers?

carver9
If anything, Batman hinders Superman powers during that story line since he stayed far away from the sun. He stayed in the night the entire time to the point that people like Nightwing was able to damage him with a Billy club. Lets pretend like he isn't doing that in this fight just to make things interesting.

abhilegend
Of course, carver casted a curse on batman so that he loses his mind here.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Of course, carver casted a curse on batman so that he loses his mind here.

Did you not read what I said. I said he isn't operating at those levels to even the playing field. Why would I weaken him in a battle of this scope? Let me break this down a little but better for you. Batman is "staying in the sun in this battle"...he isn't running away from it". Is that better ABHI"?

ODG
Originally posted by Cogito
For the most part I'm guessing about Batman, but I'm pretty sure it's a reasonable enough assumption.

And as I said, they'd all be beasts, but Superman's powers are far more similar in nature (not scope) to Batman's than Sentry to Cap. Add Batman's vast experience with Superman's more exotic uses of his powers, and I really don't think there's much of a learning curve at all. Is this classic Batman or current Batman you're talking about?

Supra

Who comes out on top?

Black Surfer FTW

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
Is this classic Batman or current Batman you're talking about?

I was thinking more classically, but I don't know the exact difference since some parts of his history remain canon post-Flashpoint.

ODG
I was thinking more classically, but I don't know the exact difference since some parts of his history remain canon post-Flashpoint. Then: Originally posted by ODG
Not sure what you're driving at here. Superman himself has barely tapped into his own powerset and he's lived with his powerset the entire time. Why would Batman be able to do moreso when vast swaths of continuity have been eliminated completely? Especially when at least one adventure that actually had them swap bodies is definitely retconned out?

Boss16
Super bat wins.

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
Then:

Batman is obviously the superior fighter and tactician. He routinely fights more intelligently.

I did not say Batman would win...there's too many variables to gauge anything. It's just not hard to imagine that Batman would be easily capable of using the vast majority of Superman's abilities with little to no adjustment period.

abhilegend
Did you not read what I said. I said he isn't operating at those levels to even the playing field. Why would I weaken him in a battle of this scope? Let me break this down a little but better for you. Batman is "staying in the sun in this battle"...he isn't running away from it". Is that better ABHI"?
Fair enough. I usually gloss over what you type, its all the same "Hulk winzorz".

stick out tongue

Wei Phoenix
Black Panther gets put in an armbar and surrenders.

Mindset
Sentry has above herald level power, he is herald level because he's a *****.

ODG
Batman is obviously the superior fighter and tactician. He routinely fights more intelligently.

I did not say Batman would win...there's too many variables to gauge anything. It's just not hard to imagine that Batman would be easily capable of using the vast majority of Superman's abilities with little to no adjustment period. It's not hard to imagine... if you just ignore that DCnU Superman himself is still learning the ropes with his powers as Wraith as demonstrated. It's not hard to imagine... it's just not easier to prove than Cap being more capable of using Sentry's powers with little to no adjustment period than DCnU Batman... since, yknow... Cap actually has those kinds of feats and Bruce doesn't. Is that a fair statement?

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
It's not hard to imagine... if you just ignore that DCnU Superman himself is still learning the ropes with his powers as Wraith as demonstrated. It's not hard to imagine... it's just not easier to prove than Cap being more capable of using Sentry's powers with little to no adjustment period than DCnU Batman... since, yknow... Cap actually has those kinds of feats and Bruce doesn't. Is that a fair statement?

As I said before, I was thinking more classically i.e. pre-Flashpoint.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.