Satsuki Kiryuuin vs Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
http://i.imgur.com/OtOFIti.png vs http://thefightingconnection.com/sites/default/files/pictures/dante-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-picture.jpg

Satsuki from Kill la Kill vs Dante only from the DMC games.

Pure sword fight. Dante gets only Rebellion and Devil Trigger forms. Satsuki gets her kamui and her katana.

These restrictions may be subject to change depending on what happens.

Wei Phoenix
I love Satsuki to death but I don't think she operates on Dante's level. I may be wrong though since it's been so long since I've seen or played anything DMC related though.

Nephthys
I've seen people suggesting Kill la Kill operates at mach 40+, myself. The series seems to be pretty obscenely powerful.

Wei Phoenix
Yeah there's a lot of "silliness" going on and if you look at from feat perspective then even the supporting cast are ridiculously durable and insane. Can't remember her best friend's name but I'm thinking of the scene where she took like thousands of tennis balls to the face or when Matoi got obliterated by the boxing guy before getting her sangetsu outfit. May have spelled that wrong. I think I recall a time when Satsuki herself lightly tapped Matoi and sent her flying through the stands as well. In no way are the KLK weak, I just don't fully remember how they would compare to Dante due to not being in the DMC franchise for like 10 years.

Nephthys
Well in episode 2 Ryuuko cuts about a hundred tennis balls into five pieces in under a second, maybe even more considering they explode into shreds afterwards. And yeah, Satsuki taps Ryuuko and sends her flying across the school and through a wall, plus later in the fight she kicks her and creates a 20 meter tall crater in the wall behind her from the sheer impact. And then when they clash swords their blows are shattering the ground and creating huge explosions of force that send hundreds of people flying.

danteiscool
if we're talking about DMC4 Dante here, then while he and this Satsuki seem to be evenly matched in durability and strength (though Dante appears to edge her out slightly in the latter), Satsuki is supposed to be like around Mach 50 from what I've heard. Dante hasn't shown himself to be that fast to my recollection.... though DT might make a difference.

Wei Phoenix
So much has changed since then.

KingD19
What does it say about KlK that sometimes they hit so hard that they create an explosion of force that then turns into a vaccuum and sucks everything back in?

XanatosForever
They are trying too hard.

Wei Phoenix
I think Satsuki wins this.

Nephthys
Yeah. KlK got pretty crazy in terms of power. Ryuko even without Senketsu cut two tall buildings in half a mile away just from sheer power.

Wei Phoenix
Not to mention a "normal" and untrained girl running so fast that she powered their little ship/vessel.

Did Ryuko ever get the better of Satsuki in any of their fights?

Nephthys
Well she was kicking her ass in episode 21. But Satsuki was clearly superior when they fought during the school raid. By the end of the series though Ryuko was obviously better than her by quite a lot.

Wei Phoenix
Maybe this thread would have more activity if you spelled Dante L-I-N-K.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Quan doesn't watch KLK.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

Maybe.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nephthys
Maybe.

It's already working.

Nephthys
I know. Look at all those views. Motherfuuuck that shit is just lighting up.

BloodRain
Yo.

Saw the three vids in the other thread and I'm failing to see which scene was meant to be above what Dante can throw out there.

BloodRain
Neph you dingbat :<

Nephthys
I'm not sure about Dante's strength, so I don't know if she better than him. She is pretty strong though. And I think she's faster than him? Probably. As I said last page, in the second episode Ryuko cuts a hundred tennis balls into shreds in a split-second. And she becomes much, much faster than that later on, with Satsuki being her equal for much of the series. At the time Ryuko did that, she was only using a fraction of Senketsu's power due to not accepting him properly.

BloodRain
Mach 55 assuming the calc made is right (skimmed, accepting just cause). Now if you're pro lightning timing, then Dante has the advantage. If not, the next speed if Ma20 will be an issue, though can quite easily see DT surpassing, especially if its Dante2 who would be much faster than his 4 speed. AKA; Urm..?

The tap is a tough one (casual attacks always are), and by memory only that explosion in the stadium comes to mind. Though judging from the leftover damage (again, memory) I'd say it's still in the Building level.

Tbh the strength/dura amps of DT is a bit much.. though he 'may' need its speed amp.

BloodRain
Edit: Multi City Block, so in the same ballpark as Dante4.

Nephthys
What about the first video where their attacks are cratering and ripping up the ground around them, until their final attacks create a huge vacuum of force?

Though the second video where those huge stone pillars are thrown through the walls around them by the explosion of Satsuki and crazyRyuko's attack is probably her best feat imo.

BloodRain
Mm that's why I made the late edit. Only thought of the initial burst in the second vid, not the preceding vortex and pillar push. Was comparing the pillars to the Savior's bulk, and it seems similar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.