Sandman or Lucifer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Two of the best books of all time. Which one do you prefer more? Also which character is better? Morpheus or Lucifer?

Branlor Swift
I haven't read Sandman in its entirety yet (planned on it after I finished up Spawn), so naturally I'm going with Lucifer. Actually the only Sandman arcs I read involved Lucifer...

Galan007
Sandman had some great arcs, but I enjoyed Lucifer(both the story and character) much more as a whole.

Golgo13
Lucifer.

Martian_mind
Sandman and Morpheus easily, you filthy plebs.

Cogito
Lucifer

operator616
Lucifer for both.

Easy choice if you ask me.

JakeTheBank
Lucifer.

Cogito
Honestly I'm a little surprised by the overwhelming results here

Galan007
I'm not.

Lucifer was just... Better.

JakeTheBank
Hail Satan, brah

Galan007
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6unbgnbKp1rusonro1_500.gif

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
I'm not.

Lucifer was just... Better.

I just expect Sandman to get more love because it's a classic, and was a game-changer. Kind of like how people think Watchmen is the greatest thing ever even though it's perhaps the most overrated comic ever made.

But yeah, Lucifer is still, IMO, at least top 3 if not #1 best series of all time.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hail Satan, brah

thumb up

leonidas
lucifer was more....epic. i liked the character of lucifer better as well. morpheus was so....glum. i loved the endless though. i liked death better than sandman as well. in terms of better stories, that's tough. i think sandman may have had better high points perhaps, but i enjoyed lucifer more overall. both were truly exceptional though.

Epicurus
Lucifer, hands down.

abhilegend
I enjoyed both but Sandman was a a little better due to Death and the journey of Morpheus and the realization that he can't change who he really is. Can't fault anybody for picking Lucifer though. Carey just knocked it out the park.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by abhilegend
Sandman was a a little better due to Death and the journey of Morpheus and the realization that he can't change who he really is. .

This. IMO Sandman just had a much stronger conclusion, and while Morpheus was a glum son of a *****, I found it preferable to Lucifers whole "Always in control badass" thing.

leonidas
Originally posted by Martian_mind
This. IMO Sandman just had a much stronger conclusion, and while Morpheus was a glum son of a *****, I found it preferable to Lucifers whole "Always in control badass" thing.

yeah, i can see where that would be annoying to some. for me, the reason i didn't mind it was simply because he's fuqing lucifer--he SHOULD be in control. the death of sandman was my favourite arc between the 2 series though. when morpheus and death were sitting by themselves and death basically screamed at the furies to f*** off, was one of my very favourite comic moments. i also REALLY liked the opening arc, where he confronted lucifer. like i said, i think sandman had the better high points, but overall i think i enjoyed lucifer more. it's close though.

Galan007
I agree that Sandman certainly had some excellent arcs('Dream Country' and 'Season of Mists', for example, were absolutely incredible), but yeah, I enjoyed Lucifer much more as a whole.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.