Pre-Crisis Hal Jordan Vs Starbrand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HJ_zpse5082a7a.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SB_zps23d512ee.jpg

Branlor Swift
Slopdrop will be in here shortly to explain how easily Hal destroys Starbrand

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Slopdrop will be in here shortly to explain how easily Hal destroys Starbrand
Of course Hal wins. Using the Pre-Crisis version is spite of the highest order. DCNu Hal could take the majority vs Failbrand.

WTH has Ellis/Hickman Failbrand done to earn so much respect? I don't understand.

PS I love how in Avengers 25(?) it's Adult Franklin that jumps in to save the day. Phucking Failbrand is on the sidelines doing NOTHING.........again. thumb down

Hal 10/10.

Golgo13
Originally posted by zopzop
Of course Hal wins. Using the Pre-Crisis version is spite of the highest order. DCNu Hal could take the majority vs Failbrand.

WTH has Ellis/Hickman Failbrand done to earn so much respect? I don't understand.

PS I love how in Avengers 25(?) it's Adult Franklin that jumps in to save the day. Phucking Failbrand is on the sidelines doing NOTHING.........again. thumb down

Hal 10/10.

Scans of that? Franklin stuff.

carver9

Hal 10/10.

Sigh

jaxthejester
Starbrand gets my vote.

Pre-Crisis Hal Jordan wasn't, IMO, above the combined power of Thor, (current/universe surviving) Hyperion, and Hulk all at the same time.

Current Starbrand took them all on before he even had the swing of his own power-set.

It took three Mega Class foes to drop the kid, and even then they needed to chuck Hulk at him from Orbit (akin to how Sentry dive-bombed Blue Marvel ftw when took on The Avengers).

And the kid's only getting better with XP.

Starbrand is, IMO, simply a step above standard Surfer/Thor Class Power.

He would make a great match for Void come to think of it...

Golgo13
Originally posted by jaxthejester
Starbrand gets my vote.

Pre-Crisis Hal Jordan wasn't, IMO, above the combined power of Thor, (current/universe surviving) Hyperion, and Hulk all at the same time.

Current Starbrand took them all on before he even had the swing of his own power-set.

It took three Mega Class foes to drop the kid, and even then they needed to chuck Hulk at him from Orbit (akin to how Sentry dive-bombed Blue Marvel ftw when took on The Avengers).

And the kid's only getting better with XP.

Starbrand is, IMO, simply a step above standard Surfer/Thor Class Power.

He would make a great match for Void come to think of it...

Hal has changed the entire JLA into energy once and held back Superman, who said his ring had near limitless power.

Warlord
pre-crisis "insert character name" wins.
however Starbrand beats post crisis Hal

zopzop
Originally posted by Warlord
pre-crisis "insert character name" wins.
however Starbrand beats post crisis Hal
I call BS on this.

Ellis's Failbrand (which is Hickman's Failbrand since he picked up where New Universal left off) was about to be killed by a nuke strike and had to run away before the plane dropped the bomb.

Can DCNu Hal output the equivalent of ONE nuke? Yes? He stomps then.

jaxthejester
That doesn't add up.

Do you think that Thor, Hyperion, or Hulk cannot take a Nuke?

All three have taken far worse.

And current Star Brand juggled all three of them, and took their best hits.

carver9
I call BS on this.

Ellis's Failbrand (which is Hickman's Failbrand since he picked up where New Universal left off) was about to be killed by a nuke strike and had to run away before the plane dropped the bomb.

Can DCNu Hal output the equivalent of ONE nuke? Yes? He stomps then.

He matched and exceeded beings that walk through Nukes.

zopzop
Originally posted by jaxthejester
That doesn't add up.

Do you think that Thor, Hyperion, or Hulk cannot take a Nuke?

All three have taken far worse.

And current Star Brand juggled all three of them, and took their best hits.
No, he didn't.

As you can clearly see in their first fight, he was about to get owned by Thor (because Hulk and freaking CAPTAIN AMERICA were restraining him! laughing ). Then Nightmask jumped in and saved him. Starbrand himself confirmed this and in a later issue said "Listen, thanks for saving me back there."

Why would he say that if he was "juggling" them? confused

Hickman's Starbrand IS Ellis' Starbrand because he continued the story right where Ellis left off in New Universal. Ellis/Hickmanbrand ran for his life from a nuke strike!

Hal wins.

Originally posted by carver9
He matched and exceeded beings that walk through Nukes.
Oh you...

carver9
Hulk was primarily restraining him and do you honestly consider that a low showing? Being restrained by HULK after being dive bombed from space?

janus77
The Avengers never attacked Starbrand with intent to kill or even maim.

The dive-bombing was ridiculous as it looked cool but actually didn't add any significant force to Hulk's punch. And we know how much Hulk holds back, having seen him punch everyone from street leveller to cosmic.

Any high herald level character would carry more force in their average punch, than a one-tonne object being thrown from space by a herald who probably isn't even in the low CL100 range. So that in and of itself is not impressive.

I do agree with Zopzop on this, Starbrand is monumentally overrated. Especially going by the few big explosions that we see in Infinity.

Pre-C Hal ftw, imo.

carver9
Lord have mercy. I'm done with this.

janus77
lol.

"Id"
Starbrand tears through Hal, the way we tear through paper dolls.

PC Hal can't handle anything yellow you nerds.

janus77
Originally posted by "Id"
Starbrand tears through Hal, the way we tear through paper dolls.

PC Hal can't handle anything yellow you nerds.
I thought it was 'golden'?

Fine, if SB is yellow, it trumps.

Odekahn
Hal stomps

janus77
Originally posted by Odekahn
Hal stomps
Doesn't he have a ridiculously fatal yellow weakness, Pre Crisis?

"Id"
Golden Age Green Lantern is Alan Scott. Hal didn't exist in that era.

janus77
Did Hal have a yellow weakness?

Cogito
Yes.

The weakness to yellow was removed when Kyle first got his ring. At first there wasn't a real good explanation for why, but then it was explained that the yellow weakness was due to Parallax corrupting the central battery pre-Zero Hour.

So from the time Hal was introduced in the 50's to Zero Hour there was a yellow weakness. Before Hal, Alan had a wood weakness. Current Alan still has a wood weakness ermmcreep, albeit of a different nature.

janus77
Oh god, every so often I forget why (as a child) I thought The GLs were too ridiculous to read.

Then someone reminds me!

I used to collect DC comics annuals, I remember admiring WW even back then (I was probably 8 or 9yrs old).

Why did DC have to be so childish?

"Id"
Comics back than where written for kids. Now they focus on teens/young adults/caveman.

ODG
Originally posted by janus77
The Avengers never attacked Starbrand with intent to kill or even maim.

The dive-bombing was ridiculous as it looked cool but actually didn't add any significant force to Hulk's punch. And we know how much Hulk holds back, having seen him punch everyone from street leveller to cosmic.

Any high herald level character would carry more force in their average punch, than a one-tonne object being thrown from space by a herald who probably isn't even in the low CL100 range. So that in and of itself is not impressive.

I do agree with Zopzop on this, Starbrand is monumentally overrated. Especially going by the few big explosions that we see in Infinity.

Pre-C Hal ftw, imo. Your silver-tinged envy over Starbrand is unsightly. Mostly because it's so obvious. biscuits Originally posted by zopzop

Hal 10/10. As for this, I have no explanation for flopflop's irrational, arbitrary hatred of Starbrand. Mostly because it's just so completely random. sneer

psycho gundam
Originally posted by carver9
Lord have mercy. I'm done with this. do this more

Warlord
Originally posted by ODG
Your silver-tinged envy over Starbrand is unsightly. Mostly because it's so obvious. biscuits As for this, I have no explanation for flopflop's irrational, arbitrary hatred of Starbrand. Mostly because it's just so completely random. sneer

sums it up very well

janus77
Originally posted by ODG
Your silver-tinged envy over Starbrand is unsightly. Mostly because it's so obvious. biscuits
Envy? Never. I just wonder at the hype, that's all.

I will say this though. Marvel's best big story of recent(ish) years was Annihilation. And that had lots of Surfer in it. Coincidence? I think not.

Marvel need to remember just who their premier herald is.

and ****-off, any of you who says Thor! mad

kgkg
Originally posted by janus77
Envy? Never. I just wonder at the hype, that's all.

I will say this though. Marvel's best big story of recent(ish) years was Annihilation. And that had lots of Surfer in it. Coincidence? I think not.

Marvel need to remember just who their premier herald is.

and ****-off, any of you who says Thor! mad Ya compared to Annihilation the current stories have been meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.