Wonder Womans Bracers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Which metal is stronger, Adamentium or the Bracers..

Who is strong enough to break or bend them..

Can they be destroyed?

JakeTheBank
Bracers are stronger.

IIRC, Diana claimed a Doomsday clone (or was it Superman infected by a Doomsday virus or something?) would eventually break the bracers if they kept attacking it, but based on what the bracers have blocked, I find it doubtful. That said, potent enough attacks can still hurt Diana even though she's blocking due to the fact that the bracers don't absorb force.

Golgo13
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Bracers are stronger.

IIRC, Diana claimed a Doomsday clone (or was it Superman infected by a Doomsday virus or something?) would eventually break the bracers if they kept attacking it, but based on what the bracers have blocked, I find it doubtful. That said, potent enough attacks can still hurt Diana even though she's blocking due to the fact that the bracers don't absorb force.

Hasn't the Bracers been destroyed before?

Supra
So adamentium is "virtually indestructible" while the bracers are actually in "effectively indestructible."

Effectively sounds stronger then virtually imo..

I know they create a small forcefield around her but she still can get the crap knocked out of here even if she is blocking..

But since you brought up DD or clone or whatever.. Diane claimed that he could break them..I guess that makes him the only person strong enough to effectively break them?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Golgo13
Hasn't the Bracers been destroyed before?

Not anytime I can recall in continuity.

Supra

Supra

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Bracers are stronger.

Superman's inner rage and grief about OWAW was given physical shape.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/striking/WonderWomanv2175a.jpg

He did shatter them in under Loeb.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_016-SupermanBatman015Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

Nothing to be ashamed of, superman is just that awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/a5hOGyM.jpg

ha-som

Silent Master
What's with you and posting non-canon stories?

JakeTheBank
Context to the Loeb scan?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Silent Master
What's with you and posting non-canon stories?
That was a joke snake-eyes.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Context to the Loeb scan?
Legion of super villain changed history, superman and batman became tyrants blah, blah, blah. Diana had retained her lasso of truth so I doubt her bracers were weaker. Take it as another Loeb shenanigan.

Supra
OK so cannon we agree no one could possible break them but Cronus?

SquallX
Originally posted by abhilegend
That was a joke snake-eyes.
Legion of super villain changed history, superman and batman became tyrants blah, blah, blah. Diana had retained her lasso of truth so I doubt her bracers were weaker. Take it as another Loeb shenanigan.

Burden of proof is on you to prove that an alternate reality Diana is just as strong as her post crisis version.

Diana's bracers has withstand shit that makes Superman best hits look like nothing.

Supra
Originally posted by Silent Master
What's with you and posting non-canon stories? Originally posted by abhilegend
That was a joke snake-eyes.

Could you two possibly stfu and keep it out of my threads, make your own cat fight in your own thread

abhilegend
Originally posted by SquallX
Burden of proof is on you to prove that an alternate reality Diana is just as strong as her post crisis version.

Diana's bracers has withstand shit that makes Superman best hits look like nothing.
It was post crisis wonder woman like everybody else.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_019-SupermanBatman014Rembrandt-DCP.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_020-SupermanBatman014Rembrandt-DCP.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_013-SupermanBatman17.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_016-SupermanBatman17.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_006-SupermanBatman015Rembrandt-DCP.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_007-SupermanBatman015Rembrandt-DCP.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_008-SupermanBatman015Rembrandt-DCP.jpg

But wait, wonder woman had lasso of truth, JLA was the same as ever as seen when LOSV killed them in regular continuity and then revived by Lazarus pit, JSA was shown killed by LOSV, Green Arrow was the same, so was Deadman but somehow the bracers were not as powerful and wonder woman wasn't as strong because superman beat her, right? Convenient.

Supra
The bracers are unbreakable...thread over..

Q99
I took that as she thought she couldn't withstand the shockwaves of the blows. She probably didn't think they'd break, she just thought the impact would be a problem even without them breaking, and the panel does show a heavy shockwave coming out, and when they aren't crossed, that stuff'll travel around the bracers.

That was in an alternate timeline, and their performance was visibly lacking considering they've taken hits from full-strength no-hold back Superman, and the 'grief and rage given form Doomsday style' Superman (heck, mainWW's flesh took the hits from full-power Supes better than that timeline's bracers did!). Plus all the bigger stuff they've tanked without problem.

A lot of alt-timelines have weaker WWs for some reason (Wagner's Trinity had the breakable-lasso, for example).

The two are separate artifacts, so one can be altered without the other. She might've had generic Amazonian bracers like Donna Troy and her mother have, as opposed to the Aegis Shield of Zeus reworked into bracer form.

It'd still be a fairly low-showing for generic bracers, but obviously the normal enchanted ones can't claim the kind of stuff that the Aegis ones can, so it wouldn't be crazy-low.

Originally posted by Supra
Here in lies who can break the bracers..as the braces origin is from Zues shield.

"Zeus´s father Cronus splintered the shield"

Only Cronus can..

Btw, Cronus was a big villain in one of her arcs and her bracers didn't break then. So even for him it's no easy task! And/or the reforming possibly strengthened them.

Supra
Originally posted by Q99
Note, she thought she couldn't withstand the shockwaves of the blows forever. She didn't think they'd break, she just thought the impact would be a problem without them breaking.

Mind you, that was in an alternate timeline, and their performance was visibly lacking considering they've taken hits from full-strength no-hold back Superman, and the 'grief and rage given form Doomsday style' Superman. Plus all the bigger stuff they've tanked without problem.

A lot of alt-timelines have weaker WWs for some reason (Wagner's trinity had the breakable-lasso, for example).

The two are separate artifacts, so one can be altered without the other. She might've had generic Amazonian bracers like Donna Troy and her mother have, as opposed to the Aegis Shield of Zeus reworked into bracer form.

It'd still be a fairly low-showing for generic bracers, but obviously the normal enchanted ones can't claim the kind of stuff that the Aegis ones can.

Its a simple question...can they break other the Cronos himself breaking them or not?

Q99
Originally posted by Supra
Its a simple question...can they break other the Cronos himself breaking them or not?

Not that we know of. Nothing in canon, from CoIE to Flashpoint, every broke them.

We can assume there's some limit if things get massively strong enough but we have not seen that limit, and the bracers do have the best track record for an unbreakable material in comics.

Supra
OK so as it states..they are "effectively indestructible" and cannot be broken vs adamentium is "virtually indestructible" which can be broken.

Bracers Win!!

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
I took that as she thought she couldn't withstand the shockwaves of the blows. She probably didn't think they'd break, she just thought the impact would be a problem even without them breaking, and the panel does show a heavy shockwave coming out, and when they aren't crossed, that stuff'll travel around the bracers. "Even my bracers can withstand only so many blows".

http://i.imgur.com/ps0O0hb.jpg

No "if, but or probably". Also what shockwave or "not crossed bracers"? She is blocking the hits with blocked bracers and he would've still killed her in two more double handed strikes. Remember, she is the avatar of truth and literally can't lie.

Not under the same writer. Different writers have different opinions about them.

That wasn't an alternate timeline. By that standard Mark Waid's JLA was an alt timeline too since a henchman of QOF broke the lasso like a twig. I know you hate that comic but it doesn't makes it non canon.

True, but there is only one pair of silver bracelets of victory and it was given to her at the same time as the lasso of truth because she is the only amazon who wasn't conquered by a man. Other amazons wear dark metallic bracers. Might've. There is no indication that it was a generic amazonian bracers, quite the opposite.

Ares broke the aegis shield too once.

Q99
And if many writers show it one way, another writer shows it as way way below the norm, and in an alt timeline no less, that's normally a sign that something's up.

Btw, Loeb was the same writer who had them block the Omega Effect, so Loeb himself has shown them much much stronger than he did in the alt timeline. Either he just forgot how tough he himself writers them, or he actually was intending the alt to be weaker.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
And if many writers show it one way, another writer shows it as way way below the norm, and in an alt timeline no less, that's normally a sign that something's up.

Btw, Loeb was the same writer who had them block the Omega Effect, so Loeb himself has shown them much much stronger than he did in the alt timeline. Either he just forgot how tough he himself writers them, or he actually was intending the alt to be weaker.

Alt timeline sure, it was the same characters as in the post crisis DCU. When Hal Jordan died in main DCU, he was still dead in that timeline. Saturn Queen killed J'onn in proper DCU and still remembered him when she killed him again.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16014773/manhunterlmao.JPG.html

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/16014777/manhunterlmao2.JPG.html

At no point it was stated that these were different characters, quite the opposite. I can post a dozen references that all these characters were the same characters as before.

And why does blocking omega effect makes them far more stronger? Supergirl blocked the same omega effect with her boobs and then she was teleported away and some ash was teleported in to make it look like she was incinerated.

http://i.imgur.com/AkYXdow.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/asPiZDA.jpg

Look at the durability of those boobs.

Supra
Ok Well back on OP bracers cannot be broken

Prof. T.C McAbe
Dianas Bracers should be by all means more durable and indestructible then Adamantium.

Sasaraixx
"Even my bracers can withstand only so many blows" Remember, she is the avatar of truth and literally can't lie.

Then you must have believed her when she said she was faster than Superman. She can't lie after all. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Then you must have believed her when she said she was faster than Superman. She can't lie after all. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
You think I was seriously using "avatar of truth" as basis of my claims? Wonder Woman has lied, several times under Jiminez himself. But hey, lets take two vastly different writers and compare their writings. Gail Simone, the primary wonder woman writer post-IC had her say that she is as fast as power girl. Which to chose?

mmm

SquallX
You think I was seriously using "avatar of truth" as basis of my claims? Wonder Woman has lied, several times under Jiminez himself. But hey, lets take two vastly different writers and compare their writings. Gail Simone, the primary wonder woman writer post-IC had her say that she is as fast as power girl. Which to chose?

mmm

Forget character statements then. Diana has shown her speed multiple times, one of her best is catching up to Jesse Quick after she entered the speed force.

DarkSaint85
Bracers.

abhilegend
Originally posted by SquallX
Forget character statements then. Diana has shown her speed multiple times, one of her best is catching up to Jesse Quick after she entered the speed force.
I've debunked that myth a long time ago.

Pillow Biter
Nothing in comics is absolute. Everything unbreakable can be broken, and everything irresistible can be resisted. Diana's bracers seem to be on par with Admantium--it is hard to put one over the other. The times they have been broken, the writer probably would have had Admantium broken as well.

Supra
I think the key is in the wording

Adamentium is virtually unbreakable

Bracers are effectively unbreakable..

Effective>Virtual

Rage.Of.Olympus
They're about equal. Anything that can damage Adamantium will probably break the bracers and vise versa.

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Dianas Bracers should be by all means more durable and indestructible then Adamantium.

Why?

Supra
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
They're about equal. Anything that can damage Adamantium will probably break the bracers and vise versa.

Who has broken adaementium?

They cannot be about equal, one has to be stronger then the other..if you look up the history of the bracers, I can see why the are effectively unbreakable..

Prof. T.C McAbe

Why?

Magic, forget by Hephaistos from a metal that should be qual to Adamantium.

CA shield was melted away by King Thor, it was broken by the Serpent. The Bracers have withstood a greater power, the god wave.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Magic, forget by Hephaistos from a metal that should be qual to Adamantium.

CA shield was melted away by King Thor, it was broken by the Serpent. The Bracers have withstood a greater power, the god wave.

What? I'm not saying the two aren't comparable, I'm questioning why you think Adamantium SHOULD be less durable. Are you going with the reasoning that it being forged by gods means it automatically is superior? I'm a Thor fan and I think that's baloney.

You're referencing Skyfather level beings. You do realize that the Aegis metal was originally broken by Zeus' father and IIRC Ares? At a certain level, both Adamantium and the Aegis stop being unbreakable. When did the bracers withstand the god wave?

Supra
What? I'm not saying the two aren't comparable, I'm questioning why you think Adamantium SHOULD be less durable. Are you going with the reasoning that it being forged by gods means it automatically is superior? I'm a Thor fan and I think that's baloney.

You're referencing Skyfather level beings. You do realize that the Aegis metal was originally broken by Zeus' father and IIRC Ares? At a certain level, both Adamantium and the Aegis stop being unbreakable. When did the bracers withstand the god wave?

Who has broken adamentium?

Galan007
*adamAntium.

Q99
If she was teleported by them (one of their effects), then she didn't block them effectively.

Why?

Adamantium has been broken quite a few times, even Magneto has ripped an adamantium skeleton out of someone. Heck, adamantium is normally considered inferior to Captain America's shield, which has also been broken.

The bracers have *not* been.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
If she was teleported by them (one of their effects), then she didn't block them effectively. She was teleported after she blocked omega effect. Where did OE go if she was teleported before it hit her? Vanished in thin air?

ODG
Dianas Bracers should be by all means more durable and indestructible then Adamantium. Whether they should or shouldn't be is irrelevant. They are more durable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.