Smaug vs Red Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Epicurus
Smaug from the recent Hobbit movie...

VS

The Red Death from How to Train Your Dragon.

They Red Death has built its nest atop a large goldmine which Smaug wants to get his paws upon. His invasion is seen as a territorial intrusion by the queendrake. Which of these 2 monsters comes out on top in this battle to death?

Epicurus
I say the Red Death wins.

Supra
Sorry for the repetition but there is only one way to kill Smaug.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Supra
Sorry for the repetition but there is only one way to kill Smaug. Goku v.s. Smaug, what happens?

Supra
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Goku v.s. Smaug, what happens?

Its Goku what do you think?

ScreamPaste
Its Goku what do you think? Well Goku doesn't have a black arrow, so he can't kill Smaug, can he?

Supra
Well Goku doesn't have a black arrow, so he can't kill Smaug, can he?

Quit derailing your friends thread, what does OP say? If you chose to argue this point make a thread in the appropriate forum pleebian.

ScreamPaste
I'm not derailing, I'm pulling apart your stance. Have you seen How To Train Your Dragon? It's pretty good.

Your claim is there is only one way to kill Smaug.

You seem to feel Goku could best Smaug despite lacking the means necessary in the Hobbit movie, though.

So there must be more than one way to kill Smaug? Like say, hitting him hard enough?

Supra

You seem to feel Goku could best Smaug despite lacking the means necessary in the Hobbit movie, though.

Quote me saying anything of the sort.

ScreamPaste
So you feel Goku would lose to Smaug? droolio

Supra
So you feel Goku would lose to Smaug? droolio

Quote me saying that as well.

ScreamPaste
Goku has no black arrows. So he must lose, right?

Supra
Goku has no black arrows. So he must lose, right?

Either post in the correct forum or stfu

ScreamPaste
Either post in the correct forum or stfu This is the correct forum, and indeed, the correct thread, to discern whether Smaug truly can only be killed by a black arrow.

So, which is it?

Supra
This is the correct forum, and indeed, the correct thread, to discern whether Smaug truly can only be killed by a black arrow.

So, which is it?

OP says Smaug vs Red Death

ScreamPaste
Oh good, I was beginning to worry you weren't reading the words on your screen.

Now, in relevance to your claim Smaug can only be killed in one way, I would like you to substantiate your belief by confirming you do not believe Goku could kill him, Goku being a perfect tool for measuring this as he as much more inherently powerful than Smaug, but still lacks the black arrow.

Supra
Oh good, I was beginning to worry you weren't reading the words on your screen.

Now, in relevance to your claim Smaug can only be killed in one way, I would like you to substantiate your belief by confirming you do not believe Goku could kill him, Goku being a perfect tool for measuring this as he as much more inherently powerful than Smaug, but still lacks the black arrow.

As I follow the rules and stick to OP I will only address OP discussions..all other posts regarding Goku will be ignored. Good Day.

ScreamPaste
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=589387
Fine, go here.

Epicurus
No-Limits-Fallacy.

ScreamPaste

Goku wins
Yep, even Supra doesn't really believe Smaug can only be killed by a black arrow, so yeah, we can move on to actual feats now.

Supra
Yep, even Supra doesn't really believe Smaug can only be killed by a black arrow, so yeah, we can move on to actual feats now.

laughing

I like you today

Epicurus
Iyo, is the Red Death's fire hot enough to penetrate Smaug's hide?

Supra
Originally posted by Epicurus

His own internals resist his own fire and his externals resist hot melted gold and as well as his hide resists his own fire.

ScreamPaste
imho? I can't remember anything from the red death's fire that should be overly damaging to Smaug, but I have not seen HTTYD in a few years, and at the time I was not feat hunting. shrug

I mostly took issue with no limit fallacies being applied to the thread. Isn't Red Death basically ungodly ****hueg, though?

Epicurus
^Yep. Apparently the size of a small mountain going by some accounts.

AuraAngel
Red Death casually broken through the bottom of a mountain and destroyed a fleet of ships with his breath.

Supra
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Red Death casually broken through the bottom of a mountain and destroyed a fleet of ships with his breath.

Smaug tore right through the mountain wall to go lay waste to Lakeside Village as well.

XanatosForever
Smaug tore right through the mountain wall to go lay waste to Lakeside Village as well.

To his credit, it wasn't just the side of a mountain, it was crafted dwarven stone, which one might assume is of greater integrity than natural stone. That itself is up for debate, though.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by XanatosForever
To his credit, it wasn't just the side of a mountain, it was crafted dwarven stone, which one might assume is of greater integrity than natural stone. That itself is up for debate, though.

Xan the last guy who argued for Smaug against Red Death was restricted. You sure you wanna take up that mantle? uhuh

That said I have little knowledge of Smaug but destroying a town is nice. I know Red Death could do it if she was ever in a position(yeah it is a she) so similar feats and stuff.

XanatosForever
Yea, though I walk in the valley of the shadow of Ban, I shall fear no troll.

I never said Smaug wins this, I was just trying to give him some credit where it might be due. Which isn't much, poor deforrmed bastard they made him into.

Epicurus
Bump

NemeBro
To be honest? I don't recall a single thing that Red did that put him above Smaug.

Epicurus
^It's a her.

She destroyed a fleet of ships, is bigger than Smaug(though the difference in size maybe palpable), and breathes lava-hot flames iirc.

Supra
Bump

Bump a dead for no reason?

NemeBro
^It's a her.

She destroyed a fleet of ships, is bigger than Smaug(though the difference in size maybe palpable), and breathes lava-hot flames iirc.

Based on what is this hermaphrodite bigger than Smaug?

Epicurus
Originally posted by NemeBro
Based on what is this hermaphrodite bigger than Smaug?
Based on it being the size of a mountain, DID-dude.
Bump a dead for no reason?
I have a half mind to pull off a Supra and tell you to get lost from my thread.mmm

KingD19
Watch the movie and it's clear RD is larger than Smaug by a noticeable degree.

NemeBro
GtO0rFjati8

Size of a mountain?

Not even close, lol.

Epicurus
We saw Toothless being roughly the size of its eye. We see a glorified midget being the size of Smaug's eye.

Therefore, going by relative scaling, RD>Smaug in terms of size.

It's size was enough that by flexing alone it ended up shattering the mountain in which it resided.

Epicurus
Bump.

RD still wins.

NemeBro
We saw Toothless being roughly the size of its eye. We see a glorified midget being the size of Smaug's eye.

Therefore, going by relative scaling, RD>Smaug in terms of size.

It's size was enough that by flexing alone it ended up shattering the mountain in which it resided. Smaug's eyes are also proportionately much smaller. What stupid ****ing logic.

Epicurus
Smaug's eyes are also proportionately much smaller. What stupid ****ing logic.
Smaug's skull is proportionally smaller. Smaug's whole body is proportionally smaller. The Red Death's jaws alone were big enough to swallow a viking ship.

You need to rewatch the movie. Then return with an apology.

NemeBro
The Red Death's head is roughly a fourth or so of its total length.

Smaug's head isn't.

You've proven Smaug's head is smaller. That is all.

Epicurus
Nope it isn't.

Smaug is a basically a fat, serpentine dragon who happens to be twice as long as a Boeing 747. The Red Death on the other hand was massive enough to gobble a ship.

RD is bigger overall. Suck it, fatso.

NemeBro
Smaug is IIRC just shy of 200 feet long.

That longship was maybe 50 feet.

Considering the proportionate size of RD's head, this means the size difference is fairly negligible.

Epicurus
Where the feck are you getting this one-fourth sized proportionate head bullshit?

I mean, seriously, where in the hell does one come up with such an asinine conclusion when one looks at the picture bellow:
http://www.animationsource.org/sites_content/dragons/upload/fanchars/pic_detail50dc4e71512bb.png

Size difference isn't enough to make the difference between winning and losing here, that much I agree with. But negligible? Get out of here.

NemeBro
I retract my comment on the proportionate size of its head, but have you scaled RD's body? Do you have a source that has?

Epicurus
I don't need to. Based on screen cap evidence from the movie itself, we can conclude that unlike Smaug, whose neck and tail make up majority of his body length and are individually longer than his torse, the RD's torso is bigger then either its neck or tail. And since its skull is bigger than a medieval warship, the size difference between Smaug and the RD is considerable. Like comparing a lion to a grizzly level considerable.

NemeBro
It is likely heavier, but not so much longer.

Also, longships were relatively small. Scan of this longship?

Epicurus
Likely? It is clearly heavier, and by a considerable margin. Length is irrelevant here, even though they seem to be of roughly the same length. That would be like comparing a cheetah to a jaguar.

The RD is far more robustly built as compared to the serpentine Smaug, has fire at least comparable to Smaug's, and clearly physically outmatches the latter in terms of strength, weight and(to a lesser extent) durability.

NemeBro
I am glad you have conceded that Smaug is about the same length.

Based on what is it much stronger?

Epicurus
Being the same length doesn't mean he is the same size.

Based on common sense. The RD is more robustly built, is heavier. Smaug on the other hand is a slender feminine dragon. 2+2 equals 4, NemeBro.

NemeBro
Where are the feats though?

Superman is much smaller than either, but stronger than both combined.

Epicurus
Based on it shattering apart the base of the volcano just by flexing itself.

Unlike Smaug who had to charge through the mountain to achieve a somewhat similar feat.

Steve Lewis
Smaug is IIRC just shy of 200 feet long.

That longship was maybe 50 feet.

Considering the proportionate size of RD's head, this means the size difference is fairly negligible.

You do understand that Red Death was 400 feet long and 99 feet tall right? She is easily over twice the size of Smaug that's no question at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.