What would you want done or changed if an ultimate edition was made?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sentinelrv
What would you want done or changed in all the movies if an ultimate edition of Star Wars was made? It would be released in the theaters, and finally have them all in DVD.

I would want them to redo the part where the Super Star Destroyer crashes into the Death Star in ROTJ. That looks super fake. They need to add a CGI ship and have lots of explosions and destruction.

What do you want????????????????

GordonSkywalker
No Luke and Leia kissing for a start! Then edit out Lando and that weird thing at Jabba's place.

sentinelrv
Are you talking about Jabba's litte pet thing that gets zapped by R2-D2?

GordonSkywalker
Yeah that's the one-looks like a Gremlin or something!

sentinelrv
They should get rid of the black lines that surround the Rancor, or even better, make it in CGI so it looks realistic. Something like the troll on Lord of the Rings. If you ask me thaty thing looks real.

Do the Taun Taun's in CGI too.

Evil Windu
* CG AT-AT Walkers.
* CG Taun Tauns.
* Delete the entire SE ANH singing part.. I think it was ANH..
* Delete the Greedo shooting Han first scene.
* Better Explosions.
* Have the Stormtroopers sound the same.. Like the Clones in AOTC.
* The Emperors Force Lightning.
* Brighter Lightsabers.
* Redo the Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi Duel.. horrible...
* CG Yoda.

and I think thats about it..

GordonSkywalker
Quite a list man. I wouldn't have thought up all of that.

cookies2006
man, now that i think about it theres alot to be edited about the old trilogy.

GordonSkywalker
The technology wasn't as good back in the eighties.

cookies2006
they did pretty good for back then though.

Catch 22
Nothing, I'm more than happy with Georges vision thanks. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
No-one should even THINK about re-doing the Obi-Wan Kenobi/Vader duel... I LOVE that one. A perfect fight between two old but hindered Masters; careful and considered with every move well planned and countered.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah that was most likely my best moment from the original film. The long-awaited confrontation between an old jedi knight and his fallen pupil a dark lord.

cookies2006
it was good for the eighties though.

justinday15
They could make the lightsabers look more real in the Obi Wan/Vader duel.

cookies2006
taht was already mentioned Jay. But thats ok.

GordonSkywalker
The fight between Darth Vader and Obi Wan Kenobi is the crowning moment of the original Star Wars. One thing that has always bothered me is why Kenobi's lightsaber seems to shrink when he is fighting Vader. Not even the Special Edition release in 1997 cleared that up. confused

cookies2006
ya i noticed that also.

GordonSkywalker
Me and two of my pals noticed it also. It was never changed or fixed.

sentinelrv
What bothers me about that scene is that Obi-Wan's lightsaber seems to lose color at one point and he is just holding a plastic stick.

I hate that Greedo shoots first and Han defends himself. It was better the other way. It's in Han's nature to do it, plus it was funny.

Redo Vader's voice in A New Hope. It doesn't sound the same in ESB and ROTJ, and this would never happen but his armor don't look as good either.

Take out Luke's screaming in Empire Strikes Back. He's supposed to be accepting his fate. He sounds like a big baby that only cares about himself.

And remove the black blur that is on the emperor's hood in ROTJ.

Ushgarak
Vader's sabre has no effect over it at all at the point the blast doors close.

But I do not mind the scream.

Member.
in the 70's, the sabers weren't that good and the special affects weren't that good either, maybe thats why.

sentinelrv
Did any of you know that the actor that plays the emperor on the hologram in ESB and the one in ROTJ are not the same.

To tie it in they should replace the actor in ESB with Ian McDiarmid.

Ushgarak
I believe Clive Revill still gets fan mail...

mechmoggy
I can't believe someone said to remove Salacious Crumb, he's my fave character in Jabba's palace! mad

Right then, here's what I'd do......

1. Do something about the black line around the Rancor
2. Take out that awful Jabba/Han scene added in the SE ANH
3. Take out the musical number in SE ROTJ and put back in Oola's bap falling out. big grin
4. Take out Chewie's tarzan call in ROTJ
5. Do something about Palpatine's face in ESB, it looks weird
6. Remove all traces of Jar Jar
7. Make the Ewok, stormtrooper battle in ROTJ a bit more realistic. I don't want to completely do away with them but I've never been happy with that part of the film at all. The Empire come across as a bunch of inept moron's in that battle, how in hells name would they have control over the galaxy if they were that s**t in battle.

I think that would keep me happy.

Ushgarak
I don't think they can ever fundamentally remove the problem that the Empire- big and scary in ESB- was intensly rubbish in ROTJ.

mechmoggy
They were double-hard in ESB weren't they. Thats how I like to think of them anyway. cool

sentinelrv
I wouldn't take out the Jabba/Han scene in ANH. I would just have them update to a realistic looking Jabba. Make him fatter. Because I don't see how he could get so fat within three movies.

mechmoggy
In the EU books, if I remember correctly, it describes how Hutts do get fatter with age until they become so big they can't move without assistance.

Its not Jabba's appearance I don't like, its just that I always thought of Jabba as a sort of Brando type gangster who you would show nothing but respect to on meeting him. To have Han step on his tail like that seems to ruin my idea of the Jabba character.

GordonSkywalker
They had to do that because they were essentially editing two seperate bits together as one scene. They could not change how Han Solo walked around the original (humanoid) Jabba so that is why he seems to step on his tail in the updated version.

Ushgarak
I think Mech would prefer that this problem meant they did not do the scene rather than ruin Jabba's aura of cool.

Member.
laughing out loud

mechmoggy
Exactly. Rather than have him step on the tail, ditch the scene altogther.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.