Wreck It Ralph vs Smaug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
http://www.empireonline.com/images/uploaded/wreck-it-ralph-box-office.jpg

vs.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Smaug-and-Bilbo-570x238.jpg

Ralph is given some potent items from Marvel; Black Night's Ebony Blade and Captain America's shield. He gets one day of prep to get used to his equipment.

Can he slay Smaug?

NemeBro
Are we seriously doing this?

Supra
Originally posted by NemeBro
Are we seriously doing this?

Yes We Are, and this is the best thread on the forum

Q99
Ralph isn't actually that good a fighter. He can wreck things just fine, but he's go no weapons experience and not used to combat (as his time in Hero's Duty showed).

Sergeant Calhoon is much more dangerous.

KingD19
But he does hit hard as all hell. And he's pretty damn fast. Like legit low level speedster I'd say.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Q99
Ralph isn't actually that good a fighter. He can wreck things just fine, but he's go no weapons experience and not used to combat (as his time in Hero's Duty showed).

Ralph is only unskilled in with ranged combat. His fisticuffs are of gentlemanly quality.

Ralph wrecks Smaug, sans ***** mittens.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Q99

Bullshit.

With guns sure, she's more dangerous, as he's comically bad with those.

Smaug would simply eat her whole if she was in this thread with the same equipment.

Q99
When did he show hand to hand skill either? He punched some people, but that's it. His game gives him no combat training.

Originally posted by KingD19
But he does hit hard as all hell. And he's pretty damn fast. Like legit low level speedster I'd say.

Wrecking stuff, he can hit the ground repeatedly fast, but running or such, not so much.

He's not going to avoid Smaug's attacks very well.

What makes you think Smaug can't do that against Ralph?

He's vastly bigger, Ralph isn't a warrior and he has no more sword training than gun, the CybugTurbo played with him pretty casually...

Calhoon's actually programmed with tactical thinking, fast reflexes, and that kind of thing. Ralph's got muscle and he's pretty tough. Against a foe this much larger? The former matters a lot more.

NemeBro
Actually neither one matter at all. Both get eaten, though at least Ralph can arguably hurt Smaug.

Tzeentch
Ralph embarrasses Smaug even worse than Thorin did.

COG Veteran
Ralph rips Smaugs teeth out and stabs him in the eyes.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Ralph rips Smaugs teeth out and stabs him in the eyes.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/657/333/492.gif

COG Veteran
Huh, that fits perfectly. I didn't even remember that scene. Good catch.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Q99

What makes you think Smaug can't do that against Ralph?

He's vastly bigger, Ralph isn't a warrior and he has no more sword training than gun, the CybugTurbo played with him pretty casually...

Calhoon's actually programmed with tactical thinking, fast reflexes, and that kind of thing. Ralph's got muscle and he's pretty tough. Against a foe this much larger? The former matters a lot more.

With all due respect, Ralph is far more of a warrior than Calhoun in absolute terms.

With no training whatsoever, he survived a horrid first level of Hero's Duty without a scratch. He also doesn't need a lazer rifle/gun and armor, he was killing hordes of cybugs in the final battle just by his own physical traits

As for Ralph's lack of sword and shield training, he has an entire day to work on that. He went from being scared out of his wits in Hero's Duty to wrecking shit in the final battle, and that was in less than a day. Swords and Shields are much more intuitive than guns. They are almost an extension of your limbs.

As for Calhoun... 'tactical thinking', quantify what that means for me please. Because the way its usually used it simply comes off as fluff, a buzz word that's part of a check list to prove some kind of superiority. What possible tactics will she have at her disposal? What can she know that she could do here? She knows she would have a sword, and a shield. Any grade-schooler can put that together and figure out what your options are there.

As for reflexes? Her reflexes are worse than Ralph's. Ralph is a decent level speedster, being able to create a race-car track just by moving his arms really fast to do it. He has the reflexes to control his speed and thus his reflexes are better.

What matters most in the vast majority of physical fights are strength, durability, and speed. Ralph easily trumps her in all regards.

Ralph is much faster than her and thus would do a lot better against Smaug.

Q99
Uh, not really. He smashes things, but as soon as he ran into a not-easily-smashed foe he got grabbed and played with.

And she killed far more with her weapons, and he's not going to be able to beat Smaug with his fists, and he has *no weapon training or skill*. He's not even used to using something similar.

Him in Hero's Duty with a gun is roughly how he's going to be with a sword too, he has the same programmed aptitude in both (i.e. none).

It takes a lot more than a day to get good, especially with a sword. Heck, it took a day for Venelope to get good at racing and *she was programmed to be a racer*. Plus he has no experience fighting monsters with that much size difference, except for CyTurbo, who toyed with him.

'Moving your arms fast repeatedly' is not what reflexes are. Remember how when he was climbing the candy tree and Vanelope outclimbed him, and when he lost a branch he wasn't that good at grabbing new ones before he fell?

Calhoun regularly reacts to and targets small fast-moving targets and is a crack shot. Ralph does the same motion repeatedly, and that is the only aspect in which he shows unusual speed. Different things.

No, I'm pretty sure weapons and skill with weapons wins far more fights. You get a big guy with one day of weapons training, I get someone who lives combat and is much smaller, both armed, and my person will win almost every time.

We aren't talking Ralph vs Calhoun in HtH after all. We are talking trying to use an unfamiliar weapon against a foe which massively outmatches him physically. Smaug's strong enough to crush Ralph, Ralph's good at smashing and not much else, Smaug has fire... Ralph is screwed.

NemeBro
You're both being stupid.

Armed with only melee weapons, both Ralph and Calhoun would be reamed by a massively powerful opponent who can both fly and attack from great distances. Neither would do better than the other. I am also not sure why Calhoun was ever even brought up.

Smaug wins. Thread's over.

Q99
You're both being stupid.

Armed with only melee weapons, both Ralph and Calhoun would be reamed by a massively powerful opponent who can both fly and attack from great distances.

Agreed. To win, you'd need a hero who is actively very, very good at fighting giant flying things with melee weapons. Not someone who has a day at it.

NemeBro
You'd need someone massively superhuman enough to handle it. Kratos probably could.

The Dovahkiin arguably.

Sacred 117
You'd need someone massively superhuman enough to handle it. Kratos probably could.

Probably?! erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.