How Superman ruined Shazam movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Man-Steel-Stopped-Shazam-Movie-40868.html

Dc just making silly decisions and preventing other dc heroes from taking the spotlight.

jinXed by JaNx
Well, if they're planning on keeping Superman as a flagship movie franchise I think it makes sense to not do a Shazam movie for a while. Dc is still trying to rebuild and establish Superman on the big screen again. I think after another movie or two and after a Justic League movie people would be ready for Shazam.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well, if they're planning on keeping Superman as a flagship movie franchise I think it makes sense to not do a Shazam movie for a while. Dc is still trying to rebuild and establish Superman on the big screen again. I think after another movie or two and after a Justic League movie people would be ready for Shazam.

spot on

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Dc just making silly decisions and preventing other dc heroes from taking the spotlight.

You're clueless smile

Making a Shazam flick when they're trying to re establish Superman and set up a Justice League series of flicks would be a stupid move.

Estacado
Another failed troll attempt by quan...

chinu
nice lats

jinXed by JaNx
lol he works out

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
You're clueless smile

Making a Shazam flick when they're trying to re establish Superman and set up a Justice League series of flicks would be a stupid move. What is wrong with establishing both at the same time or releasing Shazam afterwards. Nothing. It is all about Superman and Batman while the other heroes take a backseat. Marvel meanwhile is shitting down Superman's throat. Open wide, Kal.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Another failed troll attempt by quan... I didn't write the article, heathen.

-Pr-
So, this article basically has no proof whatsoever. That's nice, I guess.

If WB are making the choice to slow Shazam as a movie for the time being due to Superman, then I can understand why, as it might confuse some people. I think there are ways around it though, and they shouldn't be so hasty.

lol @ the insecure butt-hurt though. Seriously, it's always amusing.

Kazenji

quanchi112

-Pr-
lol, quanicakes.

They're all posting the same thing. The director's opinion as to why there won't be a movie is one thing. Whether we actually get a statement about it is another, especially with DC pushing Shazam pretty hard in the comics this last while.

Nice of you to completely ignore the part of my post where I addressed what it would mean if it was actually true, though.

I know you hate DC, but try to see past your obvious bias for once, kay?

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
lol, quanicakes.

They're all posting the same thing. The director's opinion as to why there won't be a movie is one thing. Whether we actually get a statement about it is another, especially with DC pushing Shazam pretty hard in the comics this last while.

Nice of you to completely ignore the part of my post where I addressed what it would mean if it was actually true, though.

I know you hate DC, but try to see past your obvious bias for once, kay? Its all a big conspiracy theory when people say dc focuses too heavily on Superman and Batman. If you can't see it or acknowledge it then have fun. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying marvel phase 2 and then three.

-Pr-
Its all a big conspiracy theory when people say dc focuses too heavily on Superman and Batman. If you can't see it or acknowledge it then have fun. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying marvel phase 2 and then three.

lol, because Wonder Woman wasn't totally added to the movie. And they totally don't have other movies in the works. Your hate blinds you.

Of course, only you can enjoy Marvel, right? lol.

quanchi112
lol, because Wonder Woman wasn't totally added to the movie. And they totally don't have other movies in the works. Your hate blinds you.

Of course, only you can enjoy Marvel, right? lol. She can be added but the focus isn't on her which is the problem. Marvel showcases multiple heroes and then let's them team up for the Avengers. Dc puts everything else on hold and reboots Superman and Batman again while sharing screen time. Big whoop.

You loved Man of Steel. The movie was offensive to my sensibilities but if you like repetitive action along with a stale romance then Man of Stell will click alright.

-Pr-
She can be added but the focus isn't on her which is the problem. Marvel showcases multiple heroes and then let's them team up for the Avengers. Dc puts everything else on hold and reboots Superman and Batman again while sharing screen time. Big whoop.

You loved Man of Steel. The movie was offensive to my sensibilities but if you like repetitive action along with a stale romance then Man of Stell will click alright.

Your logic is broken. Stop pretending like DC and Marvel are at the same point in development.

lol, you again with the personal insults. Stay classy as always, junior Marvel fan.

quanchi112
Your logic is broken. Stop pretending like DC and Marvel are at the same point in development.

lol, you again with the personal insults. Stay classy as always, junior Marvel fan. I never said they were on the same point in development. Marvel is light years ahead. Part of the problem is Dc's focus on Superman and Batman whereas marvel is bringing Ironman and Thor into our living rooms. Seems like the bigger heads at dc are hellbent on history repeating itself.

cdtm
Plus, like it or not, Caps more of a"B lister" by mainstream standards. Making a movie with him makes about as much sense as Marvel making a Beta Ray Bill movie during the build up to Avengers.. Or, showing the Guardians of the Galaxy before the A listers broke the box office and established interest for the likes of Rocket Raccoon and Groot.

As much as I'd personally like to see Billy (and Billwink ) get a movie, now isn't really the time..

-Pr-
I never said they were on the same point in development. Marvel is light years ahead. Part of the problem is Dc's focus on Superman and Batman whereas marvel is bringing Ironman and Thor into our living rooms. Seems like the bigger heads at dc are hellbent on history repeating itself.

Except your posts keep acting like they are. Marvel's first big movies were about its bigger characters ie Xmen and Spidey. And Hulk. Iron Man came much later, as much as you might like to pretend otherwise.

Originally posted by cdtm
Plus, like it or not, Caps more of a"B lister" by mainstream standards. Making a movie with him makes about as much sense as Marvel making a Beta Ray Bill movie during the build up to Avengers.. Or, showing the Guardians of the Galaxy before the A listers broke the box office and established interest for the likes of Rocket Raccoon and Groot.

As much as I'd personally like to see Billy (and Billwink ) get a movie, now isn't really the time..

Exactly.

quanchi112
Except your posts keep acting like they are. Marvel's first big movies were about its bigger characters ie Xmen and Spidey. And Hulk. Iron Man came much later, as much as you might like to pretend otherwise.

Exactly. Xmen and Spidey aren't in the same movie universe nor are they in the same plans as Disney's marvel universe. Iron Man, Thor, and Cap not more of the same. They threw in an entirely new Hulk into the Avengers movie as well.

Disney's marvel makes Dc's movie universe look like a junior varsity.

Robtard
What is wrong with establishing both at the same time or releasing Shazam afterwards. Nothing.

It is all about Superman and Batman while the other heroes take a backseat.

Marvel meanwhile is shitting down Superman's throat. Open wide, Kal.

Why isn't Marvel making a Beta Ray Bill movie right now? Exactly. You might as well cry that DCisn't focusing on a Matter-Eating Lad film instead of a sequel to MoS.

Considering they're two of the biggest characters in DC, focusing on them right now makes sense, if you had any common sense you'd know this. There's also the fact they're setting up movies for other DC heroes and seemingly going to use the JL flick as the launch pad. Different strategy than Marvel; as a fan of superhero movies I'm hoping it works.

Again, you're probably the only bandwagon-boi who cares about "Marvel is making more money at the moment", if DC heroes start making more money, you'll just as quickly jump over, tourist. ie Batman films did very well; you claim to like them, bandwagon-boi.

-Pr-
Xmen and Spidey aren't in the same movie universe nor are they in the same plans as Disney's marvel universe. Iron Man, Thor, and Cap not more of the same. They threw in an entirely new Hulk into the Avengers movie as well.

Are you intentionally ignoring what I said, or just pretending to?

marwash22
If WB are making the choice to slow Shazam as a movie for the time being due to Superman, then I can understand why, as it might confuse some people. we're denied seeing the Rock as Black Adam because people are stupid?

Robtard
They threw in an entirely new Hulk into the Avengers movie as well.

Incorrect again. While the actor changed, it's the same character in regards to Banner/Hulk and the events of The Incredible Hulk (2008) are part of the same continuity and lead up to The Avengers, just as the Thor, Iron Man 1&2 and Captain America do.

This has got to be the 3rd or 4th time I've explained this to you, watch the damn film already if you can't accept some else’s word smile

quanchi112
Why isn't Marvel making a Beta Ray Bill movie right now? Exactly. You might as well cry that DCisn't focusing on a Matter-Eating Lad film instead of a sequel to MoS.

Considering they're two of the biggest characters in DC, focusing on them right now makes sense, if you had any common sense you'd know this. There's also the fact they're setting up movies for other DC heroes and seemingly going to use the JL flick as the launch pad. Different strategy than Marvel; as a fan of superhero movies I'm hoping it works.

Again, you're probably the only bandwagon-boi who cares about "Marvel is making more money at the moment", if DC heroes start making more money, you'll just as quickly jump over, tourist. ie Batman films did very well; you claim to like them, bandwagon-boi. Marvel isn't just focusing on a few characters the company makes everyone take a backseat to these two. Hilarious.

Ironman crushed the rebooted Man of Steel at the box office.

I don't care about money making but it is an objective indicator on which company is more successful. Marvel makes better movies. Points to Avengers. Pumps arms. smile

quanchi112
Are you intentionally ignoring what I said, or just pretending to? I ignored no such thing.

quanchi112
Incorrect again. While the actor changed, it's the same character in regards to Banner/Hulk and the events of The Incredible Hulk (2008) are part of the same continuity and lead up to The Avengers, just as the Thor, Iron Man 1&2 and Captain America do.

This has got to be the 3rd or 4th time I've explained this to you, watch the damn film already if you can't accept some else’s word smile It is an entirely different Hulk as in Mark Ruffalo. It isn't Ed Norton.

laughing out loud

Another long tear filled rant of yours.

Robtard
Marvel isn't just focusing on a few characters the company makes everyone take a backseat to these two. Hilarious.

I don't care about money making but it is an objective indicator on which company is more successful. Marvel makes better movies. Points to Avengers. Pumps arms. smile

Neither is DC, if you follow their plans for setting up other characters smile

Iron Man 3 did.

laughing out loud The guy who does nothing but rant about "made more!" obviously cares; that's all you care about in deciding what you like more, fairweather-fan-boi.

-Pr-
I ignored no such thing.

Well you didn't address anything I said, so...

Originally posted by marwash22
we're denied seeing the Rock as Black Adam because people are stupid?

I never said it was a good excuse.

Robtard
It is an entirely different Hulk as in Mark Ruffalo. It isn't Ed Norton.

laughing out loud

Another long tear filled rant of yours.

Oh my, you're just dense.

Did you miss the fact that we see Tony Stark in the end credits of The Incredible Hulk? <--- Clicky smile

Did you not follow that the part where Ruffalo explains "I got low and I put a bullet in my mouth" was a nod to the deleted scene in The Incredible Hulk where Banner tries to kill himself, but Hulks out? smile

So for what is probably the 5th time, The Incredible Hulk (2008) is part of the same continuity as Thor, Captain America, Iron Man and The Avengets flicks smile

quanchi112
Neither is DC, if you follow their plans for setting up other characters smile

Iron Man 3 did.

laughing out loud The guy who does nothing but rant about "made more!" obviously cares; that's all you care about in deciding what you like more, fairweather-fan-boi. So far they rebooted Superman and their next masterful move is to reboot Batman into a Superman film. laughing out loud

Yes, it did.

The films are better. Man of Steel was absolute garbage. I look down on anyone who says it is an awesome movie.

quanchi112
Oh my, you're just dumb.

Did you miss the fact that we see Tony Stark in the end credits of The Incredible Hulk?

Did you not follow the part where Ruffalo explains "I got low and I put a bullet in my mouth" was a nod to the deleted scene in The Incredible Hulk where Banner tries to kill himself, but Hulks out?

So for what is probably the 5th time, The Incredible Hulk (2008) is part of the same continuity as Thor, Captain America, Iron Man and The Avengets flicks smile I never said it wasn't I said the actor who played the Hulk was out.

Dear lord. You don't really catch on at all. I never said it wasn't part of the same continuity. wink

quanchi112
Well you didn't address anything I said, so...

I never said it was a good excuse. Incorrect.

-Pr-
Incorrect.

lol, you actually lie, as usual, to cover your tracks. Okay.

quanchi112
lol, you actually lie, as usual, to cover your tracks. Okay. I didn't lie about anything. You on the other hand said dc never focuses on Superman and puts other heroes on the shelf. These websites and their crazy theories.

Robtard
I never said it wasn't I said the actor who played the Hulk was out.

Dear lord. You don't really catch on at all. I never said it wasn't part of the same continuity. wink

Now you're just doing flips cos you're proven wrong again with facts. You clearly said above that "it's a new Hulk", even after I explained to you that only the actor changed you still ranted that "it's a new Hulk".

Xmen and Spidey aren't in the same movie universe nor are they in the same plans as Disney's marvel universe. Iron Man, Thor, and Cap not more of the same. They threw in an entirely new Hulk into the Avengers movie as well.

You clearly thought so and that was your point. Now instead of being an adult and just saying "ah, okay, I see now", do more flips like a child smile

quanchi112
Now you're just doing flips cos you're proven wrong again with facts. You clearly said above that "it's a new Hulk", even after I explained to you that only the actor changed you still ranted that "it's a new Hulk".

You clearly though so and that was your point smile It was a new Hulk as in new actor. Dear lord.

Norton isn't Ruffalo. Keep crying.

laughing out loud

Robtard
Called it. Instead of acting like an adult and just admitting you made an error, you keep doing flips like a child. You clearly thought The Incredible Hulk is a different Hulk than the one in The Avengers continuity wise, when they're one and the same.

laughing out loud @ you acting like a child.

-Pr-
I didn't lie about anything. You on the other hand said dc never focuses on Superman and puts other heroes on the shelf. These websites and their crazy theories.

I never said that. im sure you'll start spouting off bullshit about how I implied it, though, so ill save you the trouble. I didn't say or imply anything of the sort.

and yes, you do, and did.

But please, tell me how this:

has any relevance to what I said, which is this:

Exactly.

ill give you a clue. it doesn't.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by cdtm

thumb up

I'm sure we will get Billy one day, especially if MOS2 and the JL movie works well. It's not time to concentrate on Billy right now, but I will be disappointed if we're hearing the same thing 5 years from now.

Iron Man, Thor, and Cap not more of the same. They threw in an entirely new Hulk into the Avengers movie as well.

Your acting like that's a good thing, yet b****ing we're getting an entirely new Batman in MOS2 ?? WTF is your issue?

Marvel began Phase I with Iron Man in 2008. DC's cinematic Universe is beginning with MOS 2013. So they're 5 years behind.

Marvel isn't just focusing on a few characters the company makes everyone take a backseat to these two. Hilarious.

So you completely missed we're getting introduced to Wonder Woman on the big screen in a movie which will clearly be a prequel to Justice League?

I'm not even going to go into the fact that we have a live action Flash series next year, as well as the fact that we had a Green Lantern movie a couple of years ago.

No it didn't.

IM:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ironman.htm

MOS:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2012.htm

I don't care about money making but it is an objective indicator on which company is more successful.

That's good, because it shows MOS is bigger than any Solo Marvel property except IM right now. It shows Batman is bigger than any Solo Marvel property including IM. And it shows MOS's origin is bigger than any of the origins we got for the Solo Marvel properties laughing out loud

Epicurus
Mark Ruffalo's Hulk is an entirely different character from Norton's Hulk?

Wut. Teh. Fcuk.

Kazenji
Quan's constant Marvel vs DC nonsense....

quanchi112
Called it. Instead of acting like an adult and just admitting you made an error, you keep doing flips like a child. You clearly thought The Incredible Hulk is a different Hulk than the one in The Avengers continuity wise, when they're one and the same.

laughing out loud @ you acting like a child. They got a new Hulk as in an actor without 86ing continuity unlike Dc. That is the point.

quanchi112
I never said that. im sure you'll start spouting off bullshit about how I implied it, though, so ill save you the trouble. I didn't say or imply anything of the sort.

and yes, you do, and did.

But please, tell me how this:

has any relevance to what I said, which is this:

ill give you a clue. it doesn't. Your posts have nothing to do with Disney who owns the majority of the marvel franchises. They are the company it right.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
thumb up

I'm sure we will get Billy one day, especially if MOS2 and the JL movie works well. It's not time to concentrate on Billy right now, but I will be disappointed if we're hearing the same thing 5 years from now.

Your acting like that's a good thing, yet b****ing we're getting an entirely new Batman in MOS2 ?? WTF is your issue?

Marvel began Phase I with Iron Man in 2008. DC's cinematic Universe is beginning with MOS 2013. So they're 5 years behind.

So you completely missed we're getting introduced to Wonder Woman on the big screen in a movie which will clearly be a prequel to Justice League?

I'm not even going to go into the fact that we have a live action Flash series next year, as well as the fact that we had a Green Lantern movie a couple of years ago.

No it didn't.

IM:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ironman.htm

MOS:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2012.htm

That's good, because it shows MOS is bigger than any Solo Marvel property except IM right now. It shows Batman is bigger than any Solo Marvel property including IM. And it shows MOS's origin is bigger than any of the origins we got for the Solo Marvel properties laughing out loud Ironman 3 there buster. That is the movie which shits all over Superman. Thor 2 made big leaps as well. Mother are gaining steam unlike dc hey lets mimick the marvel way. laughing out loud

A different actor but without the continuity. Marvel adds to their universe they don't just keep hitting the reset button.

They should have more than just another character on the horizon. Its clear they don't know what they are doing evidenced by the colossal nightmare Man of Steel turned out to be.

I disagree. Avengers craps all over Superman as well. Quit picking and choosing what counts. Avengers and Ironman crap all over Superman's chin.
laughing out loud

-Pr-
Your posts have nothing to do with Disney who owns the majority of the marvel franchises. They are the company it right.

...What? Might want to do a spell check.

quanchi112
...What? Might want to do a spell check. Disney is the company that does it right.

Quit bringing up franchises not owned by Disney who gave idiotic Dc the blueprint on how it is done.

DARTH POWER
Ironman 3 there buster. That is the movie which shits all over Superman.

LOL Wait for MOS 3, and then talk. I have no doubt it will be miles better than the garbage IM3 gave us with the fake Mandarin laughing out loud MOS1 surpassed IM1. Deal with it.

A different actor but without the continuity. Marvel adds to their universe they don't just keep hitting the reset button.

Ok, whatever.

They should have more than just another character on the horizon. Its clear they don't know what they are doing evidenced by the colossal nightmare Man of Steel turned out to be.

LOL MOS was a much bigger hit than any of the Marvel origin films. MOS2 is going to be huge with Batman and Wonder Woman in it.

I disagree. Avengers craps all over Superman as well. Quit picking and choosing what counts. Avengers and Ironman crap all over Superman's chin.
laughing out loud

Lol Batman crapped all over IM. MOS origin surpassed IM's origin. The next Superman has Batman. You'll be crying when everyone's jumping to the theater to watch it laughing out loud

Robtard
It is a shame that IM was so good and the two sequels that followed couldn't top it.

I'm more looking forward to seeing IM in another Avengers flick than another IM film at this point.

Firefly218
MoS topped IM origin because superman logo was already way more popular than iron man. Superman already had a huge fanbase and several movies while iron man was getting a live action movie adaption for the first time. Same with Batman, already a huge character before movie.

Once marvel developed interest in iron man, he crapped on both Batman and superman.

quanchi112
LOL Wait for MOS 3, and then talk. I have no doubt it will be miles better than the garbage IM3 gave us with the fake Mandarin laughing out loud MOS1 surpassed IM1. Deal with it.

Ok, whatever.

LOL MOS was a much bigger hit than any of the Marvel origin films. MOS2 is going to be huge with Batman and Wonder Woman in it.

Lol Batman crapped all over IM. MOS origin surpassed IM's origin. The next Superman has Batman. You'll be crying when everyone's jumping to the theater to watch it laughing out loud I won't be crying maybe then dc will make this into a competition again. As it stands now Marvel is handing them their asses. Ironman 3 made more than Batman 3. smile

Sorry, but marvel isn't dc that is why I like them. Dc is a step down and it is obvious. Dc keeps shoving the same old heroes whereas marvel is bringing newer heroes into the mainstream.

Estacado
Quan you should wipe your face there is still a little Marvel jizz left on it...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Quan you should wipe your face there is still a little Marvel jizz left on it... I will have your mother clean it off.

Robtard
Sorry, but marvel isn't dc that is why I like them. Dc is a step down and it is obvious. Dc keeps shoving the same old heroes whereas marvel is bringing newer heroes into the mainstream.

Translation:

'The only way I'll bandwagon-boi over to DC is if I think they start making more money, cos I have a sick need to like whatever is more popular at any given time.' - Quanchi

smile

quanchi112
Translation:

'The only way I'll bandwagon-boi over to DC is if I think they start making more money, cos I have a sick need to like whatever is more popular at any given time.' - Quanchi

smile Not at all. I didn't even enjoy Ironman 3 I thought it was terrible. I hated MoS too. You're the bandwagoner not me, nerd.

Robtard
Not at all. I didn't even enjoy Ironman 3 I thought it was terrible.
I hated MoS too.

You're the bandwagoner not me, nerd.

Non sequitur response smile

Another "no you!" type of response smile

quanchi112
Non sequitur response smile

Another "no you!" type of response smile I just gave two examples of extremely popular films I didn't care for. You just make shit up like your marriage.

Robtard
I just gave two examples of extremely popular films I didn't care for.

You just make shit up like your marriage.

You gave some nonsense that had nothing to do with the immediate topic in hopes it would deflect from your shame smile

First you call my wife a whore; now I don't have a wife. You really need to make up your mind, princess smile

quanchi112
You gave some nonsense that had nothing to do with the immediate topic in hopes it would deflect from your shame smile

First you call my wife a whore; now I don't have a wife. You really need to make up your mind, princess smile I don't like movies due to their overall success. You already predetermined you were going to love man of Steel. You claimed you forced your family to see it. I never called your wife a whore. Ever.

wakkawakkawakka
What the heck are you talking about quan? Also hasn't Captain Marvel( I don't care about legal issues that's his name) received a lot of exposure over the past 3 years? Besides why would DC put Billy on the big screen when they haven't properly established their title characters?

quanchi112
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
What the heck are you talking about quan? Also hasn't Captain Marvel( I don't care about legal issues that's his name) received a lot of exposure over the past 3 years? Besides why would DC put Billy on the big screen when they haven't properly established their title characters? Many people know who Batman and Superman are. They don't need to establish anything as the general public knows who they are. Marvel didn't start out with the Avengers but have firmly established Ironman, Thor, and Captain America as well. Dc is doing what it has done in the past focusing on just a few. The only reason they are attempting this is due to marvels success.

playa1258
MOS2 will have the novelty effect going for ie: Superman and Batman on the big screen for the first time ever. This is going to be huge.

Avengers is in a tough battle in 2015 to be number 1. Superman/Batman, Star Wars 7 and the final Hunger Games film will all challenge it.

wakkawakkawakka
Many people know who Batman and Superman are. They don't need to establish anything as the general public knows who they are. Marvel didn't start out with the Avengers but have firmly established Ironman, Thor, and Captain America as well. Dc is doing what it has done in the past focusing on just a few. The only reason they are attempting this is due to marvels success.

Considering the last well received Superman movie was made back in 1980 and the Nolan trilogy is finished, I'd say that yeah Superman and Batman both needed to be firmly established in DC's movie continuity. Sure Avengers might seem like a no brainer now but putting B list superheroes in the spotlight and expecting success was a hell of a risk.

Firefly218
Considering the last well received Superman movie was made back in 1980 and the Nolan trilogy is finished, I'd say that yeah Superman and Batman both needed to be firmly established in DC's movie continuity. Sure Avengers might seem like a no brainer now but putting B list superheroes in the spotlight and expecting success was a hell of a risk.

That's the problem with Warner Bros, their inability to take risks to promote their DC properties.

A reason DC fans need to thank marvel ~ marvel's success has finally motivated DC execs to get off their asses and invest in their characters.

This DC/Marvel competition is good for fans of both because it forces the companies to put out their best product. I hope MoS 2 and Avengers 2 are great movies.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Firefly218
That's the problem with Warner Bros, their inability to take risks to promote their DC properties.

A reason DC fans need to thank marvel ~ marvel's success has finally motivated DC execs to get off their asses and invest in their characters.

This DC/Marvel competition is good for fans of both because it forces the companies to put out their best product. I hope MoS 2 and Avengers 2 are great movies.
Its understandable why they would be cautious after the hole Green Lantern thing.

DC have to establish a canon movie verse for all the characters to be in first and in order to do so they need alluring characters to get butts in seats. Marvel seriously lucked out with Ironman.

Well Marvel should definitely step it up with their small screen endeavors.

DARTH POWER
WB has taken risks with Green Lantern and with Watchmen. And other failed projects too.

Watchmen was actually really good though so it's financial failure was disappointing and probably made WB left wondering what it is they're doing wrong.

Robtard

Watchmen was actually really good though so it's financial failure was disappointing and probably made WB left wondering what it is they're doing wrong.

Watchmen is one of the best films based on a comic/GN. The marketing for that film was abysmal though, especially considering it's not an IP that was already well known like Superman, Spider-Man, the Hulk etc.

It wasn't much of a failure though, as it made money. Just not a whole lot of it.

playa1258
Quanchi likes to go on about ' how marvel is better.' But reality is that Marvel is only ahead in the movie game for now. DC has the Nolan trilogy which is better than anything Marvel has ever put out.

DC has better tv shows, cartoons. DC direct-to-video films are far superior. DC has the better lineup of books. I would give Marvel the slight edge in video game for now, because they have had more success in that department longer.

Robtard
I don't care who is doing better from a financial standpoint, as "making more money" isn't a factor in me liking a film or franchise.

I do think it's great that many comic films are pulling in loads of cash as it means the studios will be more inclined to give us grander comic-based films going forward. ie the success of the prior films lead us to The Avengers being made.

The DC animated films do shit all over the Marvel ones, imo. ie Batman: Under The Red Hood

playa1258
Yeah I don't really care either. I just want quality films. No more Green lanterns and FF4 anymore.

-Pr-
Disney is the company that does it right.

Quit bringing up franchises not owned by Disney who gave idiotic Dc the blueprint on how it is done.

Quit deflecting, Quan.

If you're going to take the time to reply to posts, at least have the decency to actually respond to what's in them.

And stop acting like Iron Man came out in some sort of vacuum. FFS I know you thrive on arguments, but that doesn't mean you have to make stupid ones.

quanchi112
Considering the last well received Superman movie was made back in 1980 and the Nolan trilogy is finished, I'd say that yeah Superman and Batman both needed to be firmly established in DC's movie continuity. Sure Avengers might seem like a no brainer now but putting B list superheroes in the spotlight and expecting success was a hell of a risk. People are aware of Superman and there have been plenty of Superman films since 1980. No, they didn't need to be established again as most people know who they are and don't need to start from the ground up.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Quanchi likes to go on about ' how marvel is better.' But reality is that Marvel is only ahead in the movie game for now. DC has the Nolan trilogy which is better than anything Marvel has ever put out.

DC has better tv shows, cartoons. DC direct-to-video films are far superior. DC has the better lineup of books. I would give Marvel the slight edge in video game for now, because they have had more success in that department longer. That is just your opinion. Avengers is better than any Batman film IMO. It made more money which is a fact than any Batman film. smile

I disagree but that isn't where the money is it is in the cinematic films which hit the theatre.

quanchi112
Quit deflecting, Quan.

If you're going to take the time to reply to posts, at least have the decency to actually respond to what's in them.

And stop acting like Iron Man came out in some sort of vacuum. FFS I know you thrive on arguments, but that doesn't mean you have to make stupid ones. Ironman and other characters were established in a concerted effort to gain steam. They did as Ironman 3 and Thor 2 both shattered their previous bests.

Dc is trying to copy marvels winning formula. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

wakkawakkawakka
People are aware of Superman and there have been plenty of Superman films since 1980. No, they didn't need to be established again as most people know who they are and don't need to start from the ground up.

If DC wanted a composite movie universe where all of their characters can be in the same movie then yes, DC needs to start from the ground up. Besides Marvel pretty much did the same thing with the Hulk movie so I'm not seeing why its a problem. Also what does this have to do with Captain Marvel?

quanchi112
If DC wanted a composite movie universe where all of their characters can be in the same movie then yes, DC needs to start from the ground up. Besides Marvel pretty much did the same thing with the Hulk movie so I'm not seeing why its a problem. Also what does this have to do with Captain Marvel? Marvel threw another Hulk actor in and just kept things going from the second film. No, dc didn't when it comes to Batman they could just continue things from the Nolan films but they'd rather start over again.

Marvel has been passed over for another go round with Superman. Read the article.

wakkawakkawakka
Marvel threw another Hulk actor in and just kept things going from the second film. No, dc didn't when it comes to Batman they could just continue things from the Nolan films but they'd rather start over again.

Marvel has been passed over for another go round with Superman. Read the article.

Uh...at the most "the Incredible Hulk" was a loose continuation of Ang Lee's Hulk so yeah Marvel did the same thing. Not when both Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale are done with it so once again Batman has to be redone.

Let me rephrase...what does you're Marvel fan-boying have to do with Shazam? Seems to me you just went out of your way to take a shot at DC.

quanchi112
Uh...at the most "the Incredible Hulk" was a loose continuation of Ang Lee's Hulk so yeah Marvel did the same thing. Not when both Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale are done with it so once again Batman has to be redone.

Let me rephrase...what does you're Marvel fan-boying have to do with Shazam? Seems to me you just went out of your way to take a shot at DC. It was a continuation. No, it doesn't it can be continued with a different actor they own the rights.

It is simple. Marvel is doing it the correct way and dc keep repeating the same mistakes of the past.

wakkawakkawakka
It was a continuation. No, it doesn't it can be continued with a different actor they own the rights.

It is simple. Marvel is doing it the correct way and dc keep repeating the same mistakes of the past.

It has Banner in South America, that's about it. I'm not a copyright-buff but I'm pretty sure DC can't just use Nolan's Batman in an adaptation w/o his permission.

So you admit to picking on DC for no reason right?

quanchi112
It has Banner in South America, that's about it. I'm not a copyright-buff but I'm pretty sure DC can't just use Nolan's Batman in an adaptation w/o his permission.

So you admit to picking on DC for no reason right? They own the a Batman character not Nolan.

I am criticizing dc for being stupid with their characters. This is why they are years behind and playing copy cat to marvel's model.

Firefly218
That's not DC fault, its Warner Bros

quanchi112
That's not DC fault, its Warner Bros Disney owns marvel. Quit passing the blame.

Robtard

I am criticizing dc for being stupid with their characters. This is why they are years behind and playing copy cat to marvel's model. The hell is wrong with you, keep making these absurd claims in some futile manner to crap on DC. Marvel has also sold rights to several of their characters for live action movie purposes; are they in turn "stupid"?

-Sony: Spider-Man and Ghost Rider (and all related villains, characters, etc.)

-Fox: X-Men, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four (and all related villains, characters, etc.)

-Marvel Studios/Disney: Isn't allowed to talk of "mutants" in their films, else they get slapped with a copy-write lawsuit.

While Warner Bros owns the vast majority of DC characters, which means they could potentially mix and match any number of heroes without legal issues.

You hate DC, fine; you're free to do so. Just stop making these asinine claims that keep exploding back in your face.

quanchi112
The hell is wrong with you, keep making these absurd claims in some futile manner to crap on DC. Marvel has also sold rights to several of their characters for live action movie purposes; are they in turn "stupid"?

-Sony- Spider-Man and Ghost Rider (and all related villains, characters, etc.)

-Fox- X-Men, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four (and all related villains, characters, etc.)

-Marvel Studios/Disney isn't allowed to talk of "mutants" in their films, else they get slapped with a copy-write lawsuit.

While Warner Bros owns the vast majority of DC characters, which means they could potentially mix and match any number of heroes without legal issues.

You hate DC, fine; you're free to do so. Just stop making these asinine claims that keep exploding back in your face. Disney owns marvel and are using various other heels to connect their universes.

What is funny is time warner owns all dc properties so it is even more unforgivable they have yet to do so.

Thanks for helping me make my point.

Robtard
Disney owns marvel and are using various other heels to connect their universes.

What is funny is time warner owns all dc properties so it is even more unforgivable they have yet to do so.

Thanks for helping me make my point.

You didn't answer the question, you dodged and danced. Repeat: Is Marvel "stupid" like DC because they sold the movie rights to characters?

Yeah, I just told you this, so you're welcome. They're also working on combining the characters now, hence all the talk of a Superman/Batman flick and a JLA, genius,

Your point is that you hate DC and use an asinine double-standard to try and talk shit. Do yourself a favor, hate DC privately and stop making claims that make you look like a complete imbecile.

quanchi112
You didn't answer the question, you dodged and danced. Repeat: Is Marvel "stupid" like DC because they sold the movie rights to characters?

Yeah, I just told you this, so you're welcome. They're also working on combining the characters now, hence all the talk of a Superman/Batman flick and a JLA, genius,

Your point is that you hate DC and use an asinine double-standard to tlak shit. Do yourself a favor, just hate DC privately and stop making claims that make you look like a complete imbecile. No, as the rights will eventually come back to them. They have enough properties now to focus on.

Light years behind.

I made no claims to make me look silly, your own points betray you. Dc owns far more characters in the film rights but marvel has far more movies and heroes as of now.

smile

Robtard
No, as the rights will eventually come back to them. They have enough properties now to focus on.

Light years behind.

I made no claims to make me look silly, your own points betray you. Dc owns far more characters in the film rights but marvel has far more movies and heroes as of now.

smile

So you're using a double-standard, as propriety rights over a given length of time(esp if certain deadlines aren't met, see that ashcan FF film as an example) works for both DC and Marvel. Using double-standards just makes you look like an ass.

Avengers came out in 2012, a JL film is slated for 2015-16. Yeah "light years" indeed.

See above, you just made two more claims that make you look like a imbecilic Marvel fanboy. Just hate on DC privately and cut the idiotic statements, unless your purpose here is indeed to look like a fool smile

quanchi112
So you're using a double-standard, as propriety rights over a given length of time(esp if certain deadlines aren't met, see that ashcan FF film as an example) works for both DC and Marvel. Using double-standards just makes you look like an ass.

Avengers came out in 2012, a JL film is slated for 2015-16. Yeah "light years" indeed.

See above, you just made two more claims that make you look like a imbecilic Marvel fanboy. Just hate on DC privately and cut the idiotic statements, unless your purpose here is indeed to look like a fool smile It isn't about just throwing a movie together it is about establishing the movie universe prior to and effectively bringing them all together. smile

No, marvel has already given plenty of heroes their own solo movies as well as a Guardians of the Galaxy movie on the way. Dc rebooted Superman and here comes another Batman. laughing out loud

I am not using double standards at all.

Robtard
It isn't about just throwing a movie together it is about establishing the movie universe prior to and effectively bringing them all together. smile

No, marvel has already given plenty of heroes their own solo movies as well as a Guardians of the Galaxy movie on the way. Dc rebooted Superman and here comes another Batman. laughing out loud

I am not using double standards at all.

And now moving on to an entirely different point. But who says that's the only way of making a great multi-hero comic movie? You're effectively saying that the JL film will suck and it's just some ideas on paper right now.

So? See above.

You are. You outright claimed DC was stupid for selling rights to their characters in film; when it was shown Marvel did the same thing, you made BS excuses.

quanchi112
And now moving on to an entirely different point. But who says that's the only way of making a great multi-hero comic movie?

So? See above.

You are. You outright claimed DC was stupid for selling rights to their characters in film; when it was shown Marvel did the same thing, you made BS excuses. False.

We will see. If dc keeps doing things the way they have done in the past I can't wait to laugh at them.

No, I didn't I said dc didn't bring together their characters and focused on Batman and Superman too heavily. I never claimed anything you said I did. Again, you're clueless and brought your binky.

playa1258
Happy New Year to you too Quan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Happy New Year to you too Quan. And to marvel. Not to dc though. Screw those idiots.

Robtard
False.

We will see. If dc keeps doing things the way they have done in the past I can't wait to laugh at them.

No, I didn't I said dc didn't bring together their characters and focused on Batman and Superman too heavily. I never claimed anything you said I did. Again, you're clueless and brought your binky.

Now you're angry cos your bubble of nonsense got popped. Do keep flipping and flopping about while making absurd claims about DC because you happen to dislike them, in the end, you're just making yourself look like an ass.

You're like the Marvel version of that WD kid that used to mod in here. Endlessly masturbated DC while bashing Marvel with imbecilic rants, most people just laughed at him, not with. Think about it, Quan.

quanchi112
Now you're angry cos your bubble of nonsense got popped. Do keep flipping and flopping about while making absurd claims about DC because you happen to dislike them, in the end, you're just making yourself look like an ass.

You're like the Marvel version of that WD kid that used to mod in here. Endlessly masturbated DC while bashing Marvel with imbecilic rants, most people just laughed at him, not with. Think about it, Quan. No, you're the same dolt who claimed I'd love Man of Steel and champion it. You say stupid things all the time and misinterpret left and right.

Marvel is ahead of dc cinematically to the point of hilarity. Wd was an idiot.

Robtard
No, you're the same dolt who claimed I'd love Man of Steel and champion it. You say stupid things all the time and misinterpret left and right.

Marvel is ahead of dc cinematically to the point of hilarity. Wd was an idiot.

Hilarious. I teased you and said you'd be all over Zod's nuts. So again, you're accusing others of the nonsense you do. Maybe change up your game for 2014?

If less than 5 years is "hilarity", sure. Batman trilogy and MoS both did very well at the box office, don't see anything idiotic about that.

quanchi112
Hilarious. I teased you and said you'd be all over Zod's nuts. So again, you're accusing others of the nonsense you do. Maybe change up your game for 2014?

If less than 5 years is "hilarity", sure. Batman trilogy and MoS both did very well at the box office, don't see anything idiotic about that. You swore up down I would. I laughed and many others laughed at you for it. You don't even see the obvious.

Marvel expands whereas dc throws more Batman and Superman at us. That is the point of this thread. Ironman and Thor are widely recognized now.

Dc keeps rebooting same said characters. Marvel expands. smile

dadudemon
You're clueless smile

Making a Shazam flick when they're trying to re establish Superman and set up a Justice League series of flicks would be a stupid move.

The Shazam character was more interesting including the "lore" and history.

I agree with Quan that they squandered a potentially excellent foray.

Wait, they didn't. There can still be more Shazam flicks.

I think Shazam is similar to Spider-man and it could do VERY well at the box-office as a live-action flick. Also, penis.

Robtard
You swore up down I would. I laughed and many others laughed at you for it. You don't even see the obvious.

Marvel expands whereas dc throws more Batman and Superman at us. That is the point of this thread. Ironman and Thor are widely recognized now.

Dc keeps rebooting same said characters. Marvel expands. smile

Stop lying. I teased you that you'd be hugging Zod's nuts since you were doing your usual DC-bashing before MoS came out. "Many others", another stupid lie. Going to keep up the nonsense into 2014?

You keep flipping about and changing. Hate DC privately, unless you enjoy looking like a clown.

super pr*xy
indeed, penis..

quanchi112
Stop lying. I teased you that you'd be hugging Zod's nuts since you were doing your usual DC-bashing before MoS came out. "Many others", another stupid lie. Going to keep up the nonsense into 2014?

You keep flipping about and changing. Hate DC privately, unless you enjoy looking like a clown. No, you were hands down wrong.

Dc makes stupid decisions and ignores their other properties in place of more Superman and batman reboots.

I haven't changed at all. You keep misinterpreting and making stupid nonsensical predictions.

Robtard
No, you were hands down wrong.

Dc makes stupid decisions and ignores their other properties in place of more Superman and batman reboots.

I haven't changed at all. You keep misinterpreting and making stupid nonsensical predictions.

Incorrect.

Again, how is making lots of money "stupid", you act as if the Nolan trilogy and MoS flopped; they didn't.

You flippy flopped all over this thread in trying to find some reason to bash DC.

quanchi112
Incorrect.

Again, how is making lots of money "stupid", you act as if the Nolan trilogy and MoS flopped; they didn't.

You flippy flopped all over this thread in trying to find some reason to bash DC. You were since I didn't champion Zod.

I never said they flopped I just said they don't expand which is the problem.

The whole thread was created in order to display once again why dc keeps repeating the mistakes of the past. They focus too much on Superman/Batman who are firmly established unlike marvel.

Firefly218
Disney owns marvel. Quit passing the blame.

Disney execs are doing a better job than Warner Bros execs

quanchi112
Disney execs are doing a better job than Warner Bros execs You can't separate these companies from each other.

Firefly218
This isn't an argument about which artists are better. Disney execs have more faith in their characters than Warner Bros execs, and therefore invested more money and effort toward them

quanchi112
Writers go back and forth so it it about the people at the tip and marvel is hands down superior.

Firefly218
I agree with you in that Marvel has better and smarter leadership. I just can't understand why your hating on DC just because they are finally doing a good job.

COG Veteran
Man of steel was a huge step down from the dark knight trilogy, and that's not even part of their cinematic universe. They've regressed if you ask me.

quanchi112
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Man of steel was a huge step down from the dark knight trilogy, and that's not even part of their cinematic universe. They've regressed if you ask me. thumb up

Kazenji
I just can't understand why your hating on DC just because they are finally doing a good job.

thumb up

wakkawakkawakka
Once again what the phuck does this have to do Captain Marvel being in a movie. He already has an animated movie and it was pretty cool IMO.

Besides even though Marvel's doing well, I give most credit to RDJ and Joss Whedon for that. Because had the Marvel cinematic universe started with something like Thor or Captain America I doubt it would've gotten as far as it did.

Kazenji
With Captain America it would've worked, Flash foward a couple years and then bring in Iron Man and so on.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
thumb up Man of Steel was a step down IMO. Nolan Batman was awesome but that is over.

Robtard
Coattail-Riding COG Vet now. Nice to see some things don't change smile

quanchi112
Coattail-Riding COG Vet now. Nice to see some things don't change smile He brings up a valid point. I was the first poster here to say Man of Steel was awful. You forced your family to go see that trash.

Kazenji
He has a new lover.

quanchi112
He has a new lover. I am not into unhappy spouses.

Kazenji
Not what i've heard.

quanchi112
Not what i've heard. Unhappy unattractive spouses.

DARTH POWER

Are you high?

Nolan's Batman has had a huge influence on making the superhero movie genre as big as it is today. So it's a good job Nolan rebooted Batman. But that world was too realistic for a future Justice League film, hence the need to reboot the character for his first superhero crossover.

Superman was messed up by Singer a few years back. You can't just leave your prime superhero in the toilet like that, hence the need to reboot that franchise which Synder has made a box office smash again.

Now they're finally doing their first superhero crossover (which has been in the works by WB for many many years now. They were planning this long before The Avengers came out). And they're introducing new heroes as well- Wonder Woman for one.

And stop pretending WB has done nothing else. There's been Watchmen, Constantine and Green Lantern. That's just some of what they've given us on the big screen. On TV we have Green Arrow and the Flash.

And let's face it, the real reason Marvel studios have worked so hard to get their "lesser known" heroes in the public eye is because those were the ones they had the movie rights too.

If they had the movie rights to Spider-Man and Wolverine, then I can guarantee that's what they would have been concentrating on the most over the last 10+ years.

quanchi112
Are you high?

Nolan's Batman has had a huge influence on making the superhero movie genre as big as it is today. So it's a good job Nolan rebooted Batman. But that world was too realistic for a future Justice League film, hence the need to reboot the character for his first superhero crossover.

Superman was messed up by Singer a few years back. You can't just leave your prime superhero in the toilet like that, hence the need to reboot that franchise which Synder has made a box office smash again.

Now they're finally doing their first superhero crossover (which has been in the works by WB for many many years now. They were planning this long before The Avengers came out). And they're introducing new heroes as well- Wonder Woman for one.

And stop pretending WB has done nothing else. There's been Watchmen, Constantine and Green Lantern. That's just some of what they've given us on the big screen. On TV we have Green Arrow and the Flash.

And let's face it, the real reason Marvel studios have worked so hard to get their "lesser known" heroes in the public eye is because those were the ones they had the movie rights too.

If they had the movie rights to Spider-Man and Wolverine, then I can guarantee that's what they would have been concentrating on the most over the last 10+ years. Batman had no bearing whatsoever on marvels shared universe. It was a more realistic isolated universe. laughing out loud

Now they are rebooting Batman and here comes more crap just like Man of Steel.

Watchmen was boring and Green Lantern is practically unwatchable. Constantine wasn't bad but it isn't going to be brought into a shared dc universe.

Speculative bs. You're just an angry dc fanboy. Sit and stew.

smile

Robtard
Darth Power, that response-rant above can be summed up as:

"I TROLLZ U!!!!!!"

quanchi112
Darth Power, that response-rant above can be summed up as:

"I TROLLZ U!!!!!!" Quit being upset that I am the only objective poster around. Darth is foaming at the mouth over Dc's ass beating.

Robtard
Quit being upset that I am the only objective poster around. Darth is foaming at the mouth over Dc's ass beating.

And more "I TROLLZ U!". Okay. Ever think about starting over fresh for the new year?

Darth Power showed your nonsense for what it was, This is just a fact.

quanchi112
And more "I TROLLZ U!". Okay. Ever think about starting over fresh for the new year?

Darth Power showed your nonsense for what it was, This is just a fact. No, he didn't. Feel free to point out specifically what he said so I can address it in full again.

You just ride peoples coattails. It is quite sad.

Robtard
Yeah, he did. Why you didn't really respond to his points, you dodged, danced and did your usual troll tactics.

The question I asked, not something you'd consider?

quanchi112
Yeah, he did. Why you didn't really respond to his points, you dodged, danced and did your usual troll tactics.

The question I asked, not something you'd consider? I did counter them but you won't even state the specifics ie. trolling.

Robtard
I did counter them but you won't even state the specifics ie. trolling.

Sorry, you did not. Going on 8 pages of the same "I TROLL U" antics. I see no point in feeding you more so you can continue doing it.

Anyhow, the question I posed, not something you'd consider? At least answer instead of dodging.

quanchi112
Going on 8 pages of the same "I TROLL U" antics. I see no point in feeding you more so you can continue doing it.

Anyhow, the question I posed, not something you'd consider? At least answer instead of dodging. Yeah, good point you never respond to me over and over again. Way to stand your ground. You are simple anyway you look at this.

Robtard
Would you at least answer the question?

Okay. Ever think about starting over fresh for the new year?

quanchi112
Would you at least answer the question? I want to hear what Darth power said that I didn't adequately rebut.

Robtard
There goes four times trying to reason with you. Oh well.

quanchi112
There goes four times trying to reason with you. Oh well. You are just trolling. Figures.

wakkawakkawakka
Batman had no bearing whatsoever on marvels shared universe. It was a more realistic isolated universe. laughing out loud

smile

No, dc didn't when it comes to Batman they could just continue things from the Nolan films but they'd rather start over again.

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things does not belong.

quanchi112
One of these things is not like the other. One of these things does not belong. Dc could have implemented it but chose not to. Shame since we see the quality of the shared universe with Man of Steel is a major step down from the Batman films.

Supra

Agreed

wakkawakkawakka
Dc could have implemented it but chose not to. Shame since we see the quality of the shared universe with Man of Steel is a major step down from the Batman films.

But you said previously that the Nolan-verse was its own isolated thing. Make up your mind already.

Also just to go back to the original topic of this weird thread, exactly why are you so keen on a Captain Marvel flick when you haven't shown any love for DC as of late?

quanchi112
But you said previously that the Nolan-verse was its own isolated thing. Make up your mind already.

Also just to go back to the original topic of this weird thread, exactly why are you so keen on a Captain Marvel flick when you haven't shown any love for DC as of late? It is due to Dc's choice to keep it that way. Horrible idea since it was a solid three films.

I feel pity for dc.

Supra
They could have done a supe cameo at the end and made the movie about shazaam and black adam.

Robtard
One of these things is not like the other. One of these things does not belong.

This is why:

http://impacthiringsolutions.com/careerblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/fish_flop_hg_wht.gif

quanchi112
This is why:

http://impacthiringsolutions.com/careerblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/fish_flop_hg_wht.gif Irony.

Robtard
Irony.

Should probably look up that word, as you keep using it incorrectly.

quanchi112
Should probably look up that word, as you keep using it incorrectly. You are the guy who flips and flops.

Robtard
You are the guy who flips and flops.

So a "no you!". Okay, as you were.

quanchi112
So a "no you!". Okay, as you were. Truth hurts, keep running.

zeel

The original shazam movie had private investors involved , the total was over 300 million. Shazam actually had better financial backing then the superman movie, whatever happened to the backing I have no idea.

I agree with you Quanchi its all about superman and batman. In the marvel universe the spotlight is more evenly shared, I think this is the reason marvel gets more of a variety of fans where D.C. caters to the much younger teenagers and young adults. And I don't want to hear this is untrue because my bro own's 3 movie theaters.

We know.

quanchi112
Originally posted by zeel
The original shazam movie had private investors involved , the total was over 300 million. Shazam actually had better financial backing then the superman movie, whatever happened to the backing I have no idea.

I agree with you Quanchi its all about superman and batman. In the marvel universe the spotlight is more evenly shared, I think this is the reason marvel gets more of a variety of fans where D.C. caters to the much younger teenagers and young adults. And I don't want to hear this is untrue because my bro own's 3 movie theaters.

We know. Finally some honesty. Fanboys like to pretend dc isn't all about this. I keep trying to educate them.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by zeel

We know.

More funding doesn't necessarily mean better movie as we saw with Superman Returns. Also what's exactly the matter with DC presenting its title characters first. I honestly doubt Shazam would've done well if it came out so early anyway.

As for Marvel doing better with their lesser known characters, yeah I can say they've done a phenomenal job introducing their B-list superheroes: I think Iron Man is A-list now because of it. However lets not forget that their hand was force considering their top superheroes like X-men and Spider-man were owned by other companies which pushed them to making their lesser known heroes more attractive to the general public.

Finally some honesty. Fanboys like to pretend dc isn't all about this. I keep trying to educate them.
I still have no idea what the hell kind of point your trying to make you've been all over the place in this thread.

quanchi112
More funding doesn't necessarily mean better movie as we saw with Superman Returns. Also what's exactly the matter with DC presenting its title characters first. I honestly doubt Shazam would've done well if it came out so early anyway.

As for Marvel doing better with their lesser known characters, yeah I can say they've done a phenomenal job introducing their B-list superheroes: I think Iron Man is A-list now because of it. However lets not forget that their hand was force considering their top superheroes like X-men and Spider-man were owned by other companies which pushed them to making their lesser known heroes more attractive to the general public.

I still have no idea what the hell kind of point your trying to make you've been all over the place in this thread. Zeel got it. Dc focuses too much on Superman and Batman and because of it the rest of the universe takes a backseat to this. Read his post since you can't understand simple points.

laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>