Ironman VS the Thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iscaremonkeys
Heres an innnnnterrrresting battle here.
Who would win against
Iron Man and the thing.

No doubt that the thing is stronger but how does his durability factor against iron man? I mean repulser blast and missiles and STUFF. an advantage that iron man has is his flight.

I don't know who will win this but I lean more towards thing
BTW this is his regular armor not hulkbuster

juggernaut74
Colossus would fair better.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Colossus would fair better. .......... you do know that thing would kick his ass right?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
.......... you do know that thing would kick his ass right? No.

iscaremonkeys
...yes he would

juggernaut74
Really?

iscaremonkeys
sir do yo want to PM Debate?

juggernaut74
No, I already know Colossus would win.

iscaremonkeys
this is besides the point Thing or Iron man?

juggernaut74
Iron Man wins.

Cogito
Tony 10/10

carver9
IM stomps and Thing isn't stronger than him either or more durable.

abhilegend
Thing was portrayed as stronger than Tony on at least two occasions in past. I wouldn't be surprised if they teamed up again and he's portrayed stronger again. But Tony wins 10/10. Strength is almost equal but he's got everything else.

StiltmanFTW
Stark

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thing was portrayed as stronger than Tony on at least two occasions in past. I wouldn't be surprised if they teamed up again and he's portrayed stronger again. But Tony wins 10/10. Strength is almost equal but he's got everything else.

Nope but I agree with the 10/10.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thing was portrayed as stronger than Tony on at least two occasions in past. I wouldn't be surprised if they teamed up again and he's portrayed stronger again. But Tony wins 10/10. Strength is almost equal but he's got everything else. equal strength? I don't remember stark lifting up sky scrapers

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
equal strength? I don't remember stark lifting up sky scrapers

Neither did Thing. Some supporting and glass constructs don't really count.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Neither did Thing. Actually he has.
In this issue as a matter of fact
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-BsElAstH97g/Tg19r4swQUI/AAAAAAAAAhI/uv4FQ8IdikY/s1600/Thing+vs+Hulk-2.jpg

zopzop
IM.

Omega Vision
If you asked Stan Lee, I'm sure he'd tell you that Thing was supposed to be stronger than Iron Man in the beginning. Unless I'm mistaken, there was a handbook from the 60s (and yes, I know handbooks are secondary evidence) suggesting that Thing and Namor were the strongest beings after Thor and Hulk, with no mention of Iron Man (of course I also remember Spider-Man being considered in the top 10, so...).

I'd be willing to say that current Thing and current Iron Man are physical peers, but as a few people have pointed out, strength and durability aren't everything.

Hell, if you limited Iron Man to just using his strength, durability, and flight he'd take a majority based on that alone. Add all his other powers and Ben doesn't stand a realistic chance of taking 1/10, but if you expanded it to /100, he might take 4 or 5/100 based on tenacity and luck.

JakeTheBank
Even if Tony isn't physically as strong as Ben nowadays - which is sketchy in my opinion - he's far faster, has shielding on top of his armor's durability, and far superior mobility. That's without factoring in his weapons.

Tbh, I would take Tony in close quarters over Ben using current versions.

JayDaDon
Tony should stomp frankly

carver9
Just thought about it (and was reading some Avengers stuff since I am in a debate with ABHI and RAO) Thing usually looks a lot better in a fight against Hulk than Ironman. Ironman has some showings physically when he does well but Things is more consistent. Some writers think of Thing as a major hitter physically in some books. I can see where some would put him above Ironman physically...I guess I was basing my judgment off of the many upgrades Ironman has recently received.

Also, Ironman hits was doing next to nothing to a Worthy Grey Gargoyal...I can't see Thing being so 'useless' (Tony had to expend all of his power to get off a successful attack).

Angel Watching
Ironman all day long

Flyattractor
Tony's Armor can beat the Thing but Tony gets beaten into tapioca.

Tony Stark
THING is stronger than both Iron Man and Colossus... But, Iron Man beats both of them for the easy majority. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to versatile.

FTR THING beats Colossus.

iscaremonkeys
hmm so I guess tony takes majority.
I dident want to make colossus vs thing since that's over done and Thing wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.