Bruce Lee vs 7 thugs (in real)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pain100
Bruce don't feel completely pain and fatigue.
Thugs without all weapons and they know how to beat but they don't train ever martial arts.

iscaremonkeys
Lee. lee was blinding fast and could kick with a lot of power

COG Veteran
He gets gang banged.

Jmanghan
Lee kills them by looking at them.

BruceSkywalker
Bruce Lee gets into a fighting stance, then these thugs run away in hopes they don't get beat up very badly

danteiscool
seconded.

jmoul
Here's an idea of how strong and how fast Lee was; in one of his fights, which took <5 seconds, Lee hit his opponent with 6 kicks and a punch, knocking him out. In a demonstration of a 3" Punch, Lee hit his target so hard that it broke two of his ribs and knocked him into two others, both of who had two ribs broken as well. Lastly, Lee trained Norris, and Lee would often spar with his students. To this day, despite the greater amount of time Norris has had to train, he still says that he is still not at the same level as Bruce Lee was. So, against a group of thugs with no martial arts training whatsoever, Lee absolutely destroys them without so much as a scratch.

KingD19
Bruce kicks one so hard that the others get hurt in the process. It's a technique he coined "Transitive Ass Whoopin."

TheTyrant
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/Cero666/scan0049.jpg

^ Just to clear up the actor = fighter bs. The Greatest wouldn't be able to beat up 7 able people either. Nobody can.

ArtificialGlory
The OP states that Bruce is immune to pain and fatigue. I'm sure he'd win.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
The OP states that Bruce is immune to pain and fatigue. I'm sure he'd win.

Bruce Lee is a little guy. I'm assuming that these guys are all over 6 feet, so one or two blows to Lee's face would flatten him. There's 7 people, so he has no way of avoiding punches from the much bigger men.

Utrigita
A guy with extensive training in martials art that doesn't feel pain against 7 guys that does. They will get hammered. Recently a MMA fighter toke on 4 guys that broke into his house. The mma fighter killed one, sendt another to hospital and made the two others run for their lifes. And that isn't even one of the good mma fighters (a 1-5 record).

jmoul
A few things I would like to clarify as well:

1. The MMA fighter mentioned above isn't even close to as skilled as Bruce Lee, who practically founded MMA (it was his idea to have martial arts leagues where fights had no rules).
2. The newspaper clipping states that Lee wouldn't be able to beat Ali because of the major size difference. It had nothing to do with skill; had Lee been a few inches taller and a few pounds heavier, he would've had a much easier time fighting and beating Ali. Also, Lee's style isn't just strength-based, it's mostly blinding speed, the strength comes along with the techniques.
3. Bruce was trained by a Shaolin monk, he also created his own style of martial arts, and he practiced fighting on Hong Kong's streets.

NemeBro
The MMA fighter above actually has a win against a professional opponent.

That makes him better than Lee.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Utrigita
A guy with extensive training in martials art that doesn't feel pain against 7 guys that does. They will get hammered. Recently a MMA fighter toke on 4 guys that broke into his house. The mma fighter killed one, sendt another to hospital and made the two others run for their lifes. And that isn't even one of the good mma fighters (a 1-5 record).

He had a weapon against only four people. And he's actually proven himself in the ring, unlike Bruce Lee.

Originally posted by jmoul
A few things I would like to clarify as well:

1. The MMA fighter mentioned above isn't even close to as skilled as Bruce Lee, who practically founded MMA (it was his idea to have martial arts leagues where fights had no rules).
2. The newspaper clipping states that Lee wouldn't be able to beat Ali because of the major size difference. It had nothing to do with skill; had Lee been a few inches taller and a few pounds heavier, he would've had a much easier time fighting and beating Ali. Also, Lee's style isn't just strength-based, it's mostly blinding speed, the strength comes along with the techniques.
3. Bruce was trained by a Shaolin monk, he also created his own style of martial arts, and he practiced fighting on Hong Kong's streets.

According to ESPN, boxers are the best conditioned athletes out there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

So prove that Lee trained harder and was more skilled than Muhammed Ali? Muhammed Ali is an actual fighter who has more than proven himself in the ring whereas Lee hasn't. There are only some videos of him demonstrating his moves and some statements about his combat abilities here and there. No actual footage of his fights. By the way, Ali was mostly about speed and grace rather than raw power.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/12/12/AliDodge.gif

And based on what is Bruce Lee a better fighter than the guy in question? Today's MMAers could literally kill top-class MMAers from the 60s and 70s.

As for Shaolin Monks, their martial arts are primarily meant for showmanship when they demonstrate their insane feats. Matter of fact, they can only do their "superhuman" feats through ki concentration, meaning that they would not be able to do anything of that sort in an actual fight.

People really need to learn the difference between a martial arts actor and a martial arts fighter.

Utrigita
Originally posted by TheTyrant
He had a weapon against only four people. And he's actually proven himself in the ring, unlike Bruce Lee.

I have read nowhere that he had a weapon??? From what I read the assailants was the ones that was armed. And really??? The argument is that Bruce Lee because he didn't fight in UFC can't fight? Especially when all pain has been disabled.

NemeBro
Well no, we're saying he can't fight on par with professional fighters because there is no evidence that such is the case.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Utrigita
I have read nowhere that he had a weapon??? From what I read the assailants was the ones that was armed. And really??? The argument is that Bruce Lee because he didn't fight in UFC can't fight? Especially when all pain has been disabled.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/06/joseph-torrez-mma-fends-off-four-attackers-kills-one_n_4548172.html

"The older Garces was stabbed to death in the ensuing melee."

Utrigita
Originally posted by NemeBro
Well no, we're saying he can't fight on par with professional fighters because there is no evidence that such is the case.

Ahh, to put it simply I completely disagree. While he might lose to a MMA fighter that would imo be based on the BJJ/grappling from the MMA fighter and not his standing game. I also think that basically well everyone with a good skill set of Martial Arts here will do well, simply because Pain isn't a factor for the fighter. But that is just my take on it.

Utrigita
Originally posted by TheTyrant
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/06/joseph-torrez-mma-fends-off-four-attackers-kills-one_n_4548172.html

"The older Garces was stabbed to death in the ensuing melee."

Doesn't really change what I read. Which was that it was the Garces that brought the weapons, which you post doesn't really confirm or deny.

KingD19
No pain and no fatigue means Bruce can fight to the full extent of his abilities for the entirety of the fight. Full Force Bruce Lee punches and kicks to the jaw, temple, sternum, kidneys, etc... will hurt like all hell.

jmoul
I said in my last post, Lee practiced on Hong Kong's streets as a young adult. When I say this I mean he fought in Chinese Underground/Street Fights, where there are no rules. He fought well enough to survive there, and only got better as time went on.

I also stated that Lee was practically the father of MMA and it was his idea to create a martial arts league to truly reflect the nature of a fight: no rules, other than to win at all costs. Even UFC/MMA doesn't live up to this, as there are rules against throat, eye, and groin strikes. The reason Lee wouldn't fight in any leagues is because he didn't like the fact that there were rules. The Shaolin monk who trained Lee (Yip Man) made sure that Lee didn't focus on showmanship, rather on practicality; this was due to Lee's Chinese and German heritage.

As for the actor vs. true martial artist, to the trained eye, it is easy to tell when martial artists in movies are jus acting versus when they truly know what they are doing, and have really trained. Bruce Lee wasn't an actor, he was a martial artist who happened to act as well. When Lee lived in America, he had his own martial arts school, where he trained martial artists such as Will Stape, Steve McQueen, James Coburn, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Chuck Norris. All of these students still state that, while they themselves are legends in martial arts, Bruce Lee was in a class all his own, and still none of them believe they could beat Bruce in a fair fight.

jmoul
Another point I'd like to address is what was claimed as Bruce Lee's supposed vulnerability to grappling, and groundwork. This is untrue. The reason Bruce never really showcased throws and grapples was because, for a martial artist, strikes are the most effective means of fighting, especially against a group, because, while Jiu Jitsu is effective one-on-one, it leaves the practitioner vulnerable while on the ground when fighting multiple people. Also, when martial artists who have achieved their black belt spar, throws often open up options for the opponent to perform a reversal, if not performed perfectly every time.

Lee most certainly could do Jiu Jitsu proficiently, however, he was always careful about when and where he used it, and who he used it on.

flipperflip
he's too fast, none of them would be able to land a single punch on him

TrevorPhillipss
Thugs win, it doesn't matter if Lee doesn't fatigue or feel pain, if they all dog pile Lee there isn't anyway he could get out of it.

jmoul
It is pretty hard to dog pile a guy who is literally kicking your ass into the next century. *Maybe* one will get to him, but that thug will likely take an elbow or a knee to the guts.

Wei Phoenix
It is pretty hard to dog pile a guy who is literally kicking your ass into the next century. *Maybe* one will get to him, but that thug will likely take an elbow or a knee to the guts.

He literally kicks them into the next century? I don't think you understand what that word means.

Yamcha
If they dog piled on him couldn't he flex his aura while screaming and blow them back?

jmoul
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He literally kicks them into the next century? I don't think you understand what that word means.

I know what literally means, I was exaggerating there.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Yamcha
If they dog piled on him couldn't he flex his aura while screaming and blow them back?

Yeah, but why waste it on these guys? From what I remember, Lee was literally faster than the eye.

COG Veteran
Bruce Lee is not hypersonic, people.

TrevorPhillipss
It is pretty hard to dog pile a guy who is literally kicking your ass into the next century. *Maybe* one will get to him, but that thug will likely take an elbow or a knee to the guts. Not really, he could only attack one thug at a time. Worst case scenario two-three thugs get injured.

Bruce Lee wanking is ridiculous here.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Bruce Lee is not hypersonic, people.

You're not required to be, though.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by Sacred 117
You're not required to be, though.
Nobody has the speed to beat down seven thugs all at once.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Nobody has the speed to beat down seven thugs all at once.

Faithless coward. What happened to the belief that WE could take on a group?

Bentley
Bruce just needs to run away and pick them one on one, unless these tugs have exactly the same physical stats and the same starting distance they will end up separated.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Faithless coward. What happened to the belief that WE could take on a group?
I checked in with reality. But yes, we could take on a group of thugs, assuming they're small children or geriatrics

jmoul
Bruce Lee was faster than the eye could follow though. In the fight scenes of his movies, the film had to be shot on a high speed camera (high speed for back there) just to be able to see his punches and kicks. So yes, he was damn near ultrasonic in his fighting speed.

Tzeentch
near ultrasonic

NemeBro
lol

TheTyrant
@jmoul
>Too fast for seven people to hit.
I don't think I even need to get into how ridiculous this claim is. We're talking about real life, not a comic book, not a movie, not an anime, not a book, but real life. Bruce Lee was human, not fcking superhuman.
>Fighting regular people on the streets makes him good in comparison to professional fighters or somehow accredits this ridiculous claim of him being able to beat up 7 people.
Not like all the famous fighters didn't come from fighting in the streets, only Bruce lee did that.
>Owning a martial arts school or creating his own style.
How is this even relevant? I'm not saying he wasn't a martial artist.
>He trained some famous people.
Except for Chuck Norris and Kareem, I don't know who the people you mentioned are, but I'm fairly certain that he only trained WITH Chuck (as in he wasn't his master or teacher or whatever) and Kareem played ball...
>Near ultrasonic speeds (lol wtf)
If Lee was really fast as hell, then please go ahead and show me an actual clip of him throwing these super fast punches and kicks like Iron Mike in the video below, at 1:27.

u6zlaIl0yh0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.