Avengers vs Lord of the ring verse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
The Avengers have to overcome and defeat the entirety of the LOTR planet.

Thor and Ironman flight is taken away in this battle. Can they overcome it?

COG Veteran
Sauron smites them.

Stealth Moose
Thor looked like he could solo Jotunheim himself, but taking away his flight (and Iron-Man's) is kind of stupid.

Elves > Hawkeye and Black Widow

Captain America can be swarmed, so can Hulk but that means little, and Thor/Iron Man will eventually get swarmed or wear themselves out. Can Thor/Hulk even be properly shot or sliced? Their durability is pretty ridiculous. Both no-sell bullets.

Nephthys
The Avengers take it.

Firefly218
Thor will keep the avengers competitive but they eventually lose.

Tzeentch
Thor and Hulk solo.

Being able to hop multiple city blocks at a time and transform into a human means they'll never be surrounded by more than they can handle.

NemeBro
Yeah, Avengers stomp, lol.

FrothByte
Does IM have unlimited energy? Actually, Thor could just recharge him when needed.

IM and Thor can cause massive destruction even without flight. Just get Thor to keep on releasing one Jotunheim buster after another and get IM to unleash whatever weaponry he has on who's left. The rest can just hang around and beat up any who get too near.

This basically boils down to Thor's and IM's stamina. They'll have to do hit and run tactics. Kill as much as they can then disappear and hide. Then kill again. But it can be done.

Nothing in the LOTR has shown the kind of power to be able to seriously hurt Hulk or Thor (other than the Balrog) and even IM should be pretty impervious to most weapons.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by FrothByte
Does IM have unlimited energy? Actually, Thor could just recharge him when needed.

IM and Thor can cause massive destruction even without flight. Just get Thor to keep on releasing one Jotunheim buster after another and get IM to unleash whatever weaponry he has on who's left. The rest can just hang around and beat up any who get too near.

This basically boils down to Thor's and IM's stamina. They'll have to do hit and run tactics. Kill as much as they can then disappear and hide. Then kill again. But it can be done.

Nothing in the LOTR has shown the kind of power to be able to seriously hurt Hulk or Thor (other than the Balrog) and even IM should be pretty impervious to most weapons.

thumb up

jinXed by JaNx
The Avengers don't have much of a chance here. Yeah, there powers are devastating but they're fighting an world of beings that possess mystical and supernatural abilities. That's an entire world of armies. In the Avengers movie they were being pushed to their limits fighting an army that wasn't even close to being at full force. Even if Thor and Iron Man could fly I think this fight would be over rather quickly. Everything in Middle Earth from the Trees has an army. Even if Hulk went unaffected by the wizards and could last long enough to destroy the entire world, the army of the undead would erase him.

The Avengers need more here, maybe the Asgardian army and the X-men.

NemeBro
A single one of those Leviathan ships is more powerful than any army we saw in LotR.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by NemeBro
A single one of those Leviathan ships is more powerful than any army we saw in LotR.

I'm not disagreeing but it's the numbers, man. Hulk was more powerful than the entire army but you saw even he was being overwhelmed and only a fraction of that armies forces were present. Either way, the army of the dead win, unless maybe Odin steps in.

Nephthys
Thor could probably affect the army of the dead with Mjolnir.

ares834
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Either way, the army of the dead win, unless maybe Odin steps in.

Yeah, don't see how they can deal with the Army of the Dead.

FrothByte
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The Avengers don't have much of a chance here. Yeah, there powers are devastating but they're fighting an world of beings that possess mystical and supernatural abilities. That's an entire world of armies. In the Avengers movie they were being pushed to their limits fighting an army that wasn't even close to being at full force. Even if Thor and Iron Man could fly I think this fight would be over rather quickly. Everything in Middle Earth from the Trees has an army. Even if Hulk went unaffected by the wizards and could last long enough to destroy the entire world, the army of the undead would erase him.

The Avengers need more here, maybe the Asgardian army and the X-men.

Well the Avengers definitely can't win if they just stand there and try to defeat the entire middle earth in just one battle. To win, they'll have to hit and run. Kill as many as they can in a skirmish then run and hide. Then do it again and again until everyone is dead. That could take them years, but it's doable.

I completely forgot about the army of dead though. It's true, that army looks pretty hard to stop. The only chance of the Avengers against that is to combine IM's brain with Thor's mystical powers and hope they find a way to kill them off.

Lestov16
Dead Men of Dunharrow FTW. Avengers have no defense.

Stealth Moose
Yeah I'm not sure if even Thor can take them out. Good point.

FrothByte
If Aragorn is killed, what happens to the dead men? Don't they just return to their mountain hide out?

KingD19
Also, it' snot fair to say "Hulk got overwhelmed by the Chitauri, so it can happen here". He was getting blasted by super advanced energy beams from several sources. Middle Earth doesn't have that.

Stealth Moose
How many enchanted elf arrows and blades can he take though? I get he's lazer-bullet-proof, but eventually something is going to hurt him.

Lestov16
Nah. Those arrows and blades won't even tickle him. The ghost army is the only real chance the LoTR verse has, but I think they can beat the Avengers.

Q99
The ghost army is hard to kill (would they stand up to Thor's magic...?), but is there a sign their firepower is any greater than the living?

I go for the Avengers.

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
How many enchanted elf arrows and blades can he take though? I get he's lazer-bullet-proof, but eventually something is going to hurt him.

Probably thousands and thousands and thousands easy, elf arrows have not show particularly crazy penetration (they do well against plate, that's it).

Stealth Moose
The army of the dead blitzkrieged a battlefield in the time it takes to nuke a burrito. They shouldn't be undersold.

Also, elven weapons are specifically enchanted to be ridiculously durable and sharp. That's why you can pull them out of dirt and they still are sharp and serviceable.

I'm not saying they will effortlessly hack through Thor/Hulk, but given their unusual nature, I'm open to the possibility of them being able to kill the duo with a million bug bites.

Newjak
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
The army of the dead blitzkrieged a battlefield in the time it takes to nuke a burrito. They shouldn't be undersold.

Also, elven weapons are specifically enchanted to be ridiculously durable and sharp. That's why you can pull them out of dirt and they still are sharp and serviceable.

I'm not saying they will effortlessly hack through Thor/Hulk, but given their unusual nature, I'm open to the possibility of them being able to kill the duo with a million bug bites. I would like to add that while elven blades were made extremely well they were especially monstrous. As in they could be blocked and parried with normal weapons just fine.

So I don't really think they have much more cutting power that a standard blade expect in certain circumstances.

And I don't know if they can overcome people who are bullet proof.

jinXed by JaNx
Even if Iron man could fly I still think he would get overwhelmed by an entire universe of armies. Especially when there are a lot of magic users in that universe.

Supra
Originally posted by carver9
The Avengers have to overcome and defeat the entirety of the LOTR planet.

Thor and Ironman flight is taken away in this battle. Can they overcome it?

Hulk Thor and Iron Wreck.

Nibedicus
Hulk waded thru F-35b cannonfire like they were spitballs. I don't really see that many things in LOTR that has similar to that kind of penetrating power.

I don't think he can do anything vs the ghost army but at the same time, I can see him wading thru the ghosts like they were a slow shallow stream and simply hopping over them and smashing everything he can get his hands on til he eventually gets Aragorn.

janus77
Hulk could likely solo this. With the aid of IM and Thor, they win for sure.

There's nothing in LOTR that even comes close to the power of Hulk, even Thor is probably more powerful than anything in LOTR.

Hulk could just punch towers and castle walls over, to squish large sections of the various armies. He would pick up an ent and bash the rest in pretty easily.

Thor's lightning would destroy lots of elves, orcs and assorted folk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.