Dead Men of Dunharrow vs Team Cosmic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
The Army of the Dead are arguably the most invincible force in the LTR-film-verse. How will they do against the power of the universe?

Team:
Doctor Manhattan
Green Lantern
Silver Surfer
Tetsuo Shima
Phoenix Jean

Bloodlusted
No PIS/CIS or BFR
Takes place in Central Park, Manhattan

Who takes this?

FrothByte
As powerful as that army is, I just can't see how they defeat Doctor Manhattan.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by FrothByte
As powerful as that army is, I just can't see how they defeat Doctor Manhattan.

Yeah, I don't know either but I also can't think of a way, Manhattan could harm the dead. When I think about how his powers work I run into the same question with the Phoenix. We know that, Manhattan and the Phoenix seem to have the ability obliterate matter or mass at will. The army of the dead exist on a metaphysical level. Their beings have no mass in the physical plane. Although they appear in a mist form I don't think they have mass like mist or fog. In other words, mist or fog can be contained in an enclosed box because it is physical. The Army of the dead would pass through the box. If Manhattans' or Phoenixs' abilities aren't tied to the physical realm then I think they would be able to destroy the deadmen the same way they erased humans.

KingD19
But the army can interact with the mortal plane on at least some level as they were killing people.

Utrigita
stalemate.

Robtard

ares834
I'm not sure Dr. Manhattan can do anything. His powers seem to deal with molecules and such and the Dead Men, being ghosts, presumably aren't made of any.

That said between the other members of the team, I'd assume one of them could somehow come up iwth something for Team Cosmic to win.

Robtard
Fine, ruin the fun.

FrothByte
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, I don't know either but I also can't think of a way, Manhattan could harm the dead. When I think about how his powers work I run into the same question with the Phoenix. We know that, Manhattan and the Phoenix seem to have the ability obliterate matter or mass at will. The army of the dead exist on a metaphysical level. Their beings have no mass in the physical plane. Although they appear in a mist form I don't think they have mass like mist or fog. In other words, mist or fog can be contained in an enclosed box because it is physical. The Army of the dead would pass through the box. If Manhattans' or Phoenixs' abilities aren't tied to the physical realm then I think they would be able to destroy the deadmen the same way they erased humans.

Thing is, that dead army has only 1 method of attack. If their attacks fail then they have no other means to fight team cosmic. Team cosmic on the other hand has variety on their side. Between Dr. Manhattan, Silver Surfer and Green Lantern I'm sure they can eventually find a way to deal with the dead army even if it's only via bfr or containment.

Epicurus
Surfer kamikazes the entire field with his planet-sized energy blast.

Stealth Moose
The Dead routinely phase through solid materials, overrun armies in seconds, and can turn invisible. However, Team Cosmic is disgustingly powerful and I'msure somewhere one of them has affected the dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.