Nova (Rider) vs. Manchester Black

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Q99
His helmet protects against telepathy, doesn't it? That just leaves the TK, which while powerful, is more manageable. I'd go with Rider.

abhilegend
Its not immune to TP though. If anybody can breach its defenses, I'd bet on Black. TP that works across universeS is haxxx.

http://i.imgur.com/uaVRN0g.jpg

"Other strange universeS." Black controlled beings across universes to attack Superman which ironically had homages to Galactus and The Watcher.

laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
NP

Golgo13
NP wins.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by abhilegend
"Other strange universeS." Black controlled beings across universes to attack Superman which ironically had homages to Galactus and The Watcher.

laughing out loud i dare you to make that thread

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i dare you to make that thread
Superman vs homages of Galactus and Watcher?

Insane Titan
The only time I remember Nova been over powered by TP was by Lord Marvell.

Nova wins this

abhilegend
A random psionic entity was able to enter his mind although it was repelled by psi-shields in his helmet.

http://i.imgur.com/AYp3cAm.jpg

Either Black breaks those shields like an eggshell or TKs the helmet off and mindrapes him.

leonidas
yeah, not sure why he couldn't tk the helmet off, or just use tk to fudge it up. his tk control is....ridiculous. w/o tp it is a much closer fight, but black could still win this.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Insane Titan
The only time I remember Nova been over powered by TP was by Lord Marvell.

Nova wins this
Yup. Even then it wasn't like he was mind raped. A trans level char plucked info from his mind.

A random psionic entity was able to enter his mind although it was repelled by psi-shields in his helmet.

http://i.imgur.com/AYp3cAm.jpg

Either Black breaks those shields like an eggshell or TKs the helmet off and mindrapes him.
U can say random all u want, but this entity was centuries old and was able to hide itself from Galactus's detection for years on end.

Nova also can increase his psi shields at will depending on the tp that is being imposed on him. Plus it's not like the entity mind raped him. He punted it out of his mind and was unable to hurt him psionically.

leonidas
how hard is it to remove his helmet celey?

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Yup. Even then it wasn't like he was mind raped. A trans level char plucked info from his mind.

U can say random all u want, but this entity was centuries old and was able to hide itself from Galactus's detection for years on end.

Nova also can increase his psi shields at will depending on the tp that is being imposed on him. Plus it's not like the entity mind raped him. He punted it out of his mind and was unable to hurt him psionically.
Galactus doesn't take notice of such beings to begin with.

Who is the most powerful telepath from his shield has protected him?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
how hard is it to remove his helmet celey?
I can't even recall one time it was forcefully removed during his NP run.

Galactus doesn't take notice of such beings to begin with.

Who is the most powerful telepath from his shield has protected him?
The fact he has specifically built in psi shields makes that question not hold much weight.

abhilegend
I can't even recall one time it was forcefully removed during his NP run.

The fact he has specifically built in psi shields makes that question not hold much weight.
Wolverine has psi shields installed in his head too. Nearly everyone in X-man has. Doesn't mean nobody can mindrape them. Answer my question.

uhuh

DarkSaint85
This Nova Prime or Nova?

celeyhyga17
Wolverine has psi shields installed in his head too. Nearly everyone in X-man has. Doesn't mean nobody can mindrape them. Answer my question.

uhuh
Sigh.
Do those X-MEN have psi shields backed by the Nova force? And can they amplify them at will? Smh.

Harrow who u already tried to lowball and Abyss. A being who was controlling alien super heroes the equivalent of earth's Avengers even while trapped in a prison.

abhilegend
Sigh.
Do those X-MEN have psi shields backed by the Nova force? And can they amplify them at will? Smh.

Harrow who u already tried to lowball and Abyss. A being who was controlling alien super heroes the equivalent of earth's Avengers even while trapped in a prison.
They have been implanted by one of the most powerful telepaths in MU aka Charles Xavier. I'm asking what feats Nova has in TP resistance? Can he counter telepathy that can reprogram someone like Doomsday, effortlessly block martian manhunter, effortlessly pierce superman's mind, control thousands of supervillains across universes and shit like that?

Yeah controlling featless wonders like equivalents to Avengers are so impressive, right? What next? Controlling Squadron Supreme is impressive since they are analogues to JLA?

celeyhyga17
They have been implanted by one of the most powerful telepaths in MU aka Charles Xavier. I'm asking what feats Nova has in TP resistance? Can he counter telepathy that can reprogram someone like Doomsday, effortlessly block martian manhunter, effortlessly pierce superman's mind, control thousands of supervillains across universes and shit like that?

Yeah controlling featless wonders like equivalents to Avengers are so impressive, right? What next? Controlling Squadron Supreme is impressive since they are analogues to JLA?
Dynamic tp defense backed by the Nova force >>> remotely implanted tp defense. Don't even start to compare the two it would make u look foolish.

Impressive in that both characters I gave u took complete control of mind and body. They not only entered ure mind, they completely controlled u against ure will. Both were not even ure standard psionics. They seemed almost magic based making it all the more impressive.

abhilegend
Dynamic tp defense backed by the Nova force >>> remotely implanted tp defense. Don't even start to compare the two it would make u look foolish.

Impressive in that both characters I gave u took complete control of mind and body. They not only entered ure mind, they completely controlled u against ure will. Both were not even ure standard psionics. They seemed almost magic based making it all the more impressive.
Shields with feats>>Shields without feats. Simple as that. You're being foolish here as usual.

Black did it doomsday who has shrugged off both J'onn and Brainiac who shit upon anything Nova has encountered. Black effortlessly switched superman and bizarro's minds and made Bizarro sane which was stated to be totally impossible even by mxy. These are feats worth mentioning. Not your worthless analogues. The difference between someone like martian manhunter and Manchester Black.

http://i.imgur.com/OurkVPz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/32vXlZt.jpg

cdtm

And wasn't this when Worldmind AI was incapacitated?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by cdtm
And wasn't this when Worldmind AI was incapacitated?
Yes.

And Abhi.. Seriously stop with the lowballing. Harrow is a centuries old being who was able to resist detection from Galactus himself through a "cone of psilence".
With all the advantage going to Harrow(direct contact &wm out of commission), Richie was still able to resist control and even fought back.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/Nova15pg15.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/Nova15pg16.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/Nova15pg17.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/Nova15pg18.jpg

abhilegend
Yes.

And Abhi.. Seriously stop with the lowballing. Harrow is a centuries old being who was able to resist detection from Galactus himself through a "cone of psilence".
With all the advantage going to Harrow(direct contact &wm out of commission), Richie was still able to resist control and even fought back.
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/Nova15pg15.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/Nova15pg16.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/Nova15pg17.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/Nova15pg18.jpg
Haha, what? Nova flat out says that the only reason that thing was hidden by Galactus was because it was beneath his notice. So Nova needed full psi-shields to fight off a random psionic entity and even then he couldn't as Harrow entered his mind saying that his psi-shields aren't enough? Black's gonna mindrape him like a whore.

celeyhyga17
Haha, what? Nova flat out says that the only reason that thing was hidden by Galactus was because it was beneath his notice. So Nova needed full psi-shields to fight off a random psionic entity and even then he couldn't as Harrow entered his mind saying that his psi-shields aren't enough? Black's gonna mindrape him like a whore.
Can u read? That's just him talking to himself. Then it's revealed on panel he hides himself from Galactus through his "cone of psilence"... Harrow's own creation to prevent detection. This entity is ancient and has psionically fed on the pain and terror of dying planets for countless years.

And are u blind? He's clearly resisted Harrow's tp attack who is now resorting to fighting NP physically. What are u reading?

This is what always happens in ure haste to lowball.

abhilegend
Can u read? That's just him talking to himself. Then it's revealed on panel he hides himself from Galactus through his "cone of psilence"... Harrow's own creation to prevent detection. This entity is ancient and has psionically fed on the pain and terror of dying planets for countless years.

And are u blind? He's clearly resisted Harrow's tp attack who is now resorting to fighting NP physically. What are u reading?

Its clear you're totally blind at this point. It was due to his cone and Galactus not noticing him. Nova says that he would make Galactus notice him.

Harrow flat out entered his mind saying his shields aren't enough because Nova isn't dealing him from a distance.

That's how Nova learned about Horrow. Don't tell me you can't read such a simple scan. This is like h1a8.

Why was he fighting physically? Who knows, it wasn't due to Harrow unable to get in his mind.

celeyhyga17
What?

Bottom line is Harrow could not tp control/rape him.

Manchester is not tp'ing a guy who has built in defenses against such attacks. Look through other means.

abhilegend
What?

Manchester is not tp'ing a guy who has built in defenses against such attacks. Look through other means.
Except Harrow got past Nova's defenses and was mindraping him as well as physically fighting him. You acted like Nova's psionic defenses stopped him.

Nova has mindraped superman who shits on every psi resistance feat Nova has.

Absolutely not. Harrow has no feats even approaching Black. Not getting noticed by Galactus when he's not giving you any attention isn't a feat. Surfer has done that too, now he's a better telepath than Black too?

abhilegend
What?

Except Harrow got past Nova's defenses and was mindraping him as well as physically fighting him. You acted like Nova's psionic defenses stopped him.

Absolutely not. Harrow

celeyhyga17

Absolutely not. Harrow
Are u blind? U thought that was a mind rape? Do I have to post scans of what happens when Harrow mind rapes u?

And yes his tp defense prevented a mind rape.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This Nova Prime or Nova?

abhilegend
Are u blind? U thought that was a mind rape? Do I have to post scans of what happens when Harrow mind rapes u?

And yes his tp defense prevented a mind rape.
He broke through Nova's shields. Which you denied. Black is a better telepath than Harrow.

They didn't. How can you be so simple minded? Look what Harrow says here.

http://i.imgur.com/XS2ZNCk.jpg

You are saying that Nova's shield stopped the mindrape when Harrow already broke through them and was inside Nova's mind? LOLWUT?

Glorificus
Nova.

DarkSaint85
Surely Nova Prime's feats are completely separate from Nova?

celeyhyga17
He broke through Nova's shields. Which you denied. Black is a better telepath than Harrow.

They didn't. How can you be so simple minded? Look what Harrow says here.

http://i.imgur.com/XS2ZNCk.jpg

You are saying that Nova's shield stopped the mindrape when Harrow already broke through them and was inside Nova's mind? LOLWUT?
What shields?
Dont put words in my mouth. I said Harrow was not able to mind rape him. Are u blind or do I have to show other examples of heroes getting mind phukked??

dmills
Yes, Harrow was shielding himself from Galactus via his "cone of psilence". Just a few panels after those scans that celey posted the Surfer comes along and blasts it away saying that "your cone of psilence is now removed". Shortly thereafter Galactus obliterates him.

Furthermore, this is all moot as Harrow had to get his hands on NP to get through the TP shields.

abhilegend
What shields?
Dont put words in my mouth. I said Harrow was not able to mind rape him. Are u blind or do I have to show other examples of heroes getting mind phukked??
Which nova tried to use on the previous page. Full anti-psi protocols.

Of course he did, he effortlessly broke all of Nova's psi-shields and entered his mind. That's mindrape in its all glory.

celeyhyga17
Which nova tried to use on the previous page. Full anti-psi protocols.

Of course he did, he effortlessly broke all of Nova's psi-shields and entered his mind. That's mindrape in its all glory.
Smh. So to u what constitutes a mind rape is attempting and failing to do what u do best which is taking complete control of one's mind. Lol ure funny.

Again Nova has dynamic tp defense. It's always trying to prevent and fight off all forms of tp attack. Harrow failed even when he had the advantage (close proximity).

What do you not get?

quanchi112
Nova wins. Has to get close to even work and it'll be over before then.

abhilegend
Smh. So to u what constitutes a mind rape is attempting and failing to do what u do best which is taking complete control of one's mind. Lol ure funny.

Again Nova has dynamic tp defense. It's always trying to prevent and fight off all forms of tp attack. Harrow failed even when he had the advantage (close proximity).

What do you not get?
Yeah, and breaking Nova's psi-shields like nothing. He entered Nova's mind which you're flat out ignoring. Nice quan impression there.

WTF? Where did this dynamic TP resistance even mentioned?

celeyhyga17
Yeah, and breaking Nova's psi-shields like nothing. He entered Nova's mind which you're flat out ignoring. Nice quan impression there.

WTF? Where did this dynamic TP resistance even mentioned?
Attempting psionic manip =/= mind rape.
Who's ignoring that? What ure ignoring is that he resisted psionic manip.

Dynamic in that he can change the intensity in which his his tp defense is administered. He's done it earlier in the same arc.

You can twist things all u want, but the bottom line is the bottom line. To u a mind rape is failing to psionically manip ure opponent. Kudos to ure critical thinking.

abhilegend
Attempting psionic manip =/= mind rape.
Who's ignoring that? What ure ignoring is that he resisted psionic manip.

Dynamic in that he can change the intensity in which his his tp defense is administered. He's done it earlier in the same arc.

You can twist things all u want, but the bottom line is the bottom line. To u a mind rape is failing to psionically manip ure opponent. Kudos to ure critical thinking.
Psionic manipulation IS mindrape. Mental possession isn't mindrape, well because its possession.

Kudos to tearing apart your own argument. Here is your initial comment.

Plus it's not like the entity mind raped him. He punted it out of his mind and was unable to hurt him psionically.

So you lied that Nova kept harrow out of his mind and then you again said he resisted the mind probe.Originally posted by celeyhyga17

Nice argument there. Surfer easily read Harrow's mind without any problem and removed his cone of psilence.

http://i.imgur.com/XJgyjA4.jpg

Surfer is surely a more powerful telepath than Black.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

celeyhyga17
Psionic manipulation IS mindrape. Mental possession isn't mindrape, well because its possession.

Kudos to tearing apart your own argument. Here is your initial comment.

So you lied that Nova kept harrow out of his mind and then you again said he resisted the mind probe.

Nice argument there. Surfer easily read Harrow's mind without any problem and removed his cone of psilence.

http://i.imgur.com/XJgyjA4.jpg

Surfer is surely a more powerful telepath than Black.

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Again.. Failing to do anything against Nova's mind was a mind rape according to u. Nice.

Uhh no. Again u try to twist in ure effort to run away from the main point. Unless ure just totally confused. Clearly u see Harrow failing to manipulate Richie. Why do u keep putting words in my mouth? Who said anything about a mind probe?

What do u not get? Reading incomprehension is what I'm seeing from u again. Harrow psionically attacked, failed, resorted to physically attacking Richie. You can clearly see him communicating with Rich psionically(disconnected speech bubbles)from the start all the while bragging about how powerful he is, but later u see standard speech bubbles indicating his psionics failed on Nova.

What does Surf reading his mind have to do anything with Harrow attacking Nova?
First, D&A thought highly of Surfer. Make of that what u will. 2nd, Harrow just got done fighting Nova and got blasted by Surfer before he removed the cone of psi lence. 3rd, No one said Surfer is more powerful than black telepathically. He is however more powerful than black. Let that sink in for a moment.

abhilegend
Again.. Failing to do anything against Nova's mind was a mind rape according to u. Nice.

Uhh no. Again u try to twist in ure effort to run away from the main point. Unless ure just totally confused. Clearly u see Harrow failing to manipulate Richie. Why do u keep putting words in my mouth? Who said anything about a mind probe?

What do u not get? Reading incomprehension is what I'm seeing from u again. Harrow psionically attacked, failed, resorted to physically attacking Richie. You can clearly see him communicating with Rich psionically(disconnected speech bubbles)from the start all the while bragging about how powerful he is, but later u see standard speech bubbles indicating his psionics failed on Nova.

What does Surf reading his mind have to do anything with Harrow attacking Nova?
First, D&A thought highly of Surfer. Make of that what u will. 2nd, Harrow just got done fighting Nova and got blasted by Surfer before he removed the cone of psi lence. 3rd, No one said Surfer is more powerful than black telepathically. He is however more powerful than black. Let that sink in for a moment.
"Waah, waah, waah." Nova's shields were unable to keep away a telepath weaker than silver surfer from his mind and you think Black wouldn't be able to crack his mind open like a melon? LOL.

Did you say that Nova punted Harrow out of his mind or not? Harrow specifically said that he was inside Nova's mind after that scan after breaking through his full psi-shields. What a *****!!

Surfer isn't even telepathically close to Black yet he read Harrow's mind without any problem and effortlessly destroyed his cone. If such a weak telepath can break through Nova's psi shields, why can't Black?

In short, you have lied multiple times in this thread and now blaming me? LOL GTFO.

Also a huge crylaugh @ speech bubbles. Oh you marvel apologist. Never change.

laughing

celeyhyga17
"Waah, waah, waah." Nova's shields were unable to keep away a telepath weaker than silver surfer from his mind and you think Black wouldn't be able to crack his mind open like a melon? LOL.

Did you say that Nova punted Harrow out of his mind or not? Harrow specifically said that he was inside Nova's mind after that scan after breaking through his full psi-shields. What a *****!!

Surfer isn't even telepathically close to Black yet he read Harrow's mind without any problem and effortlessly destroyed his cone. If such a weak telepath can break through Nova's psi shields, why can't Black?

In short, you have lied multiple times in this thread and now blaming me? LOL GTFO.

Also a huge crylaugh @ speech bubbles. Oh you marvel apologist. Never change.

laughing
Wow. U can't comprehend scenes even if it hit u in the face. He was able to fight off Harrow's psionic manipulation. And yes. Harrow was forced out. Do u not see the fight going the physical route and the artist using regular speech bubbles as the confrontation progressed?

Surfer is by no means known as a telepath, but he has uber tp feats that made his removal of Harrow's cone of psilence not at all surprising. Knowing u u'd lowball him too.

Once again ure the king of misrepresentation while throwing a tantrum to make urea rebuttals seem like they hold weight.

abhilegend
Wow. U can't comprehend scenes even if it hit u in the face. He was able to fight off Harrow's psionic manipulation. And yes. Harrow was forced out. Do u not see the fight going the physical route and the artist using regular speech bubbles as the confrontation progressed?

Surfer is by no means known as a telepath, but he has uber tp feats that made his removal of Harrow's cone of psilence not at all surprising. Knowing u u'd lowball him too.

Once again ure the king of misrepresentation while throwing a tantrum to make urea rebuttals seem like they hold weight.
He never did. Harrow was already inside Nova's mind and because it was already inside a body, it didn't take over Nova's body. Just because it was fighting Dick h2h for whatever reason doesn't mean his mind melding with Nova was for vain, it wasn't.

Are you suggesting Surfer's a better telepath than Manchester ****ing Black? Surfer got mindraped by Wraith Queen under DnA too and she is a nobody telepath at best.

Your apologies for dick rider are amusing as always. On panel Harrow broke through Nova's psi-shields but this guy is straight up denying that. Should I call a mod over this?

celeyhyga17
Are u stooped it sumthin? Why are u cryin over something uve created? I just spent the last couple pages telling u Harrow failed in his psionic attack of Nova. Accept it and stop throwing out smokescreens. I really don't understand why u can't comprehend what's in front of u.

Again with ure Surfer and Black comparison...

abhilegend
Are u stooped it sumthin? Why are u cryin over something uve created? I just spent the last couple pages telling u Harrow failed in his psionic attack of Nova. Accept it and stop throwing out smokescreens. I really don't understand why u can't comprehend what's in front of u.

Again with ure Surfer and Black comparison...
"LOL, u stupeed". You spent last few pages making a fool out of yourself. How many times do I have to tell you that Harrow broke through Nova's psi-shields and was already inside his mind? How did his psionic attack failed then? A big lulz @ throwing smokescreens.

Why not? Surfer easily crushed Harrow in telepathy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.