Gipsy (Pacific Rim) vs Godzilla

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Khazra Reborn

Tzeentch
Godzilla would one-shot it.

I think people overestimate Pacific Rim. It's pretty low-end on the kaiju scale as far as powerlevel.

Khazra Reborn
I doubt he would one shot it, Gipsy did mange a fall from low orbit.

Impediment
Godzilla stomps.

Q99
This is from Godzilla vs Megagodzilla, remember.

Not Final Wars, or Godzilla x Mechagodzilla, or GMK. This is Showa era 50 meter Godzilla.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Godzilla would one-shot it.

I think people overestimate Pacific Rim. It's pretty low-end on the kaiju scale as far as powerlevel.

Not that low, there's tons of monsters lower end than them. Cloverfield, American Zilla, most Gamera monsters, a lot of the monsters in the Godzilla-verse, etc.. Heck, a lot of kaiju would be flat-out stomped by them. Ones like Millennium Godzilla or the Mothra Leo flicks are the minority, just from the most visible franchise.

Remember, the Jaegers fight monsters that are nuke-resistant and wrecked multiple cities even with the military throwing everything they had at them. These are very tough machines.

And they're bigger than most monsters, and very fast for their size to boot, and heavily armed with big swords and strong plasma guns, and the atomic turbine.

Gipsy has 30 meters height advantage on this Godzilla, and this Godzilla's atomic breath is not near the power as some later versions (FW most notably), it can cause damage but it's not a one-hit-kill threat.

I go Gipsy here.

Robtard
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I doubt he would one shot it, Gipsy did mange a fall from low orbit.

No. They used it's thrusters to momentarily counter the fall when they were close to the ground, it actually only free-fell several thousand feet at most when it landed.

steverules_2
Gipsy survived a nuke...but under water so dunno if that makes a difference, plus Gipsy was taking on monsters that could be taken down by planes and tanks albeit over quite a period of time...6 days was how long it took to take down the first kaiju was it with planes and tanks?

BloodRain
Iirc the planes and tanks did nothing. Not until they nuked it.

Mindset
Originally posted by steverules_2
Gipsy survived a nuke...but under water so dunno if that makes a difference, plus Gipsy was taking on monsters that could be taken down by planes and tanks albeit over quite a period of time...6 days was how long it took to take down the first kaiju was it with planes and tanks? The early kaiju were smaller.

steverules_2
Yes...yes they were

Originally posted by BloodRain
Iirc the planes and tanks did nothing. Not until they nuked it.

I watched it yesterday and he mentioned that it took 6 days before planes and tanks took down the first Kaiju

Q99
The comics, novels, etc. go into more detail. The tanks and planes on their own were used to lure it into a nukable spot.

The first three Kaiju were killed with nukes- and Trespasser actually took two.

Originally posted by steverules_2
Gipsy survived a nuke...but under water so dunno if that makes a difference,

Underwater actually makes it worse- it's not compressable unlike air so it transmit shockwaves better, and then they get hit by all the water rushing back.

Q99
Also let me note- Godzilla verse Kaiju have been driving off by conventional forces, and none of them have taken 6 days of sustained attack by 2013 military forces.

No monster incident in the series lasts near that long, for that matter!

Bentley
Originally posted by Q99
Also let me note- Godzilla verse Kaiju have been driving off by conventional forces, and none of them have taken 6 days of sustained attack by 2013 military forces.

No monster incident in the series lasts near that long, for that matter!

Godzilla tanked a black hole.

Anyways, Showa Godzilla is smaller, but he's also a hell of a brawler, casually grabing heavy monsters and throwing them several meters into the air without too much trouble. He also can become a giant magnet for whatever reason. And he flies.

Supra
Godzilla wrecks

Kazenji
Originally posted by Q99
The comics, novels, etc. go into more detail. The tanks and planes on their own were used to lure it into a nukable spot.

The first three Kaiju were killed with nukes- and Trespasser actually took two.

That's why i think comics should be allowed in the movie verses when its official related stuff to the movie.

Q99
Originally posted by Bentley
Godzilla tanked a black hole.

Not this one.

Leatherback threw Gipsy over a kilometer and Gipsy survived an orbital fall.

Godzilla's 'flight' is also.. not very tactically useful.

Bentley
Mmmh... Yes, Showa Godzilla can have a hard time with the Jaeger. However, keep in mind that he resisted the punishment that Mechagodzilla delivered in two occasions, just how many extraterrestial misiles and beams did he survive and kept on fighting? He also went to decapitate Mechagodzilla quite easily and he was made of an extraterrestial alloy that was similar to titanium.

Gipsy is pretty durable in its own right, much bigger and carries a sword. If this battle was scaled it would be much closer though, the size difference it's going to matter here given that Showa Goji is mostly a brawler.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.