The Rock Tweets about possible big DC/WB project

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
What could it be?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=49994

Kazenji
Also to add speculation he was wearing a Batman T-shirt.

juggernaut74
He said something about a Lobo film a couple years back.

juggernaut74
Actually looking closer at the Rocks comments he says they "will" team up.

Golgo13
I'm hoping Cyborg or Lobo. They have been pushing Cyborg in JLA and the DCnU, so odds are it could be him. Lobo is a good bet as well.

-Pr-
I don't think he'd really fit as Cyborg, unless they were going with an older version of Vic.

I could see him as Martian Manhunter or the like, too.

Tzeentch
**** it, let's just have him be Green Arrow. He's got the attitude.

BruceSkywalker
Its Lobo or bust laughing laughing

Femi32
The Rock is clearly Black Adam. Just look at him! I don't see him as Lobo, but maybe he can prove me wrong.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Femi32
The Rock is clearly Black Adam. Just look at him! I don't see him as Lobo, but maybe he can prove me wrong.

he is capable of doing either one, methinks .. just needs a good story though

Femi32
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
he is capable of doing either one, methinks .. just needs a good story though

He is, but Black Adam is better for him. There's a rumor swirling that he'll be John Stewart. I hope to God it's not true. He'll be good in that too, but he's too big for that role and he'd dwarf Affleck and Cavill as a Green Lantern! It's bad enough Zach will have to use camera magic to resize Affleck. Why waste time doing that for another guy?

Golgo13
Forget Black Adam. They're not doing a Captain Marvel/SHAZAM movie anytime soon.

John Stewart, Cyborg, and Lobo are the safe bets.

BruceSkywalker
He is, but Black Adam is better for him. There's a rumor swirling that he'll be John Stewart. I hope to God it's not true. He'll be good in that too, but he's too big for that role and he'd dwarf Affleck and Cavill as a Green Lantern! It's bad enough Zach will have to use camera magic to resize Affleck. Why waste time doing that for another guy?

well since they'll have plenry of dough to use..

He is clearly suited for Black Adam or Lobo..

having him as an oversized John Stewart is a horrible choice

Galan007
Out of the characters mentioned so far, John Stewart suits The Rock best, imo.

Personally, I think he'd be an absolutely horrendous choice for either Black Adam or Lobo. Man, that'd be a turrble decision on DC's part.

JayDaDon

Why are they resizing Affleck is he too tall against Cavill?

Golgo13
Movie magic can anyone tallet, shorter, or the same size. Dont worry about height.

JayDaDon
I'm not worried about height. I'm asking because Affleck is supposed to be like 6 foot 1 in real life.

Femi32
Originally posted by Galan007
Out of the characters mentioned so far, John Stewart suits The Rock best, imo.

Personally, I think he'd be an absolutely horrendous choice for either Black Adam or Lobo. Man, that'd be a turrble decision on DC's part.

Your opinion is the complete opposite of mine. The Rock is too big for the role and looks nothing like John Stewart. He could easily pull off Black Adam since he was the Scorpion King and he has the charisma for Lobo.

Originally posted by JayDaDon
I'm not worried about height. I'm asking because Affleck is supposed to be like 6 foot 1 in real life.

Affleck is 6'4".

JayDaDon
Yeah they definitely don't want Batman looking taller than Superman, that's probably what they're fixing.

Golgo13
He won't look like that in the movie. So, who cares?

JayDaDon
Jesus calm down lol I know you must be employed to defend every DC feature film but I'm not even saying anything negative here.

Golgo13
I am calm. I just don't get the concern. I highly doubt Ben is going to dwarf Superman. lol

-Pr-
Eh, with the ears, Batman usually seems taller than Superman anyway.

And if they were really worried, they could just have Superman float off the ground.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Golgo13
I am calm. I just don't get the concern. I highly doubt Ben is going to dwarf Superman. lol

And if you notice in the comments, nobody else said he would.

Golgo13
And if you notice in the comments, nobody else said he would.

I just skim through posts, so what is your questions/concerns?

jinXed by JaNx
Why is everyone so worried about who the Rock looks like he can play? I'm more worried about which character does the rocks acting ability best suit. We know, the Rocks, style. He appears to be conscious of his status and the appeal that he has amongst the younger demographic. So, it makes sense that he would choose to play a hero.I'm sure he could play a villain but in order to reach his full potential as a villain, i think he would be to worried about what kids think. It's certainly a brilliant marketing decision, but that's what scares me. Maybe, Martian man hunter.

I-Drop
If Rock=John Stewart is true, while Rock wasn't one of my choices(Idris, Chiwetel), I'll be stoked as Hell that WB/DC is finally choosing the right GL. This will show that they recognize @least one of the mistakes they made last time. They can take my money now if they'd like. I hope he does a great job

-Pr-
Really don't think that using the least charismatic GL is a good idea.

I suppose the Rock will help with that, but still, I don't think he suits John Stewart, personally.

Tzeentch
Meh, he should be Shazam or Black Adam.

-Pr-
I'd be happy with Adam, or him as J'onn.

I'd love to see him as Kilowog, though the Rock is unlikely to pick a role where his face is obscured, I'd think.

I-Drop
Originally posted by -Pr-
Really don't think that using the least charismatic GL is a good idea.

I suppose the Rock will help with that, but still, I don't think he suits John Stewart, personally. John is, was & probably always be the best choice for a GL in live action. He's got the most positive exposure to the general audience & a look that more easily translates to live action. Hal never really meant much outside of his comic fanbase. Hell, people were complaining about them "making GL white" when his film was about to come out. I knew the movie was gonna fail the instant I found out John wasn't in it. I couldn't get hype about it & figured that many wouldn't. There are a few people who I'd rather see in the role, but if it's the Rock I'll still support it & hope that he pulls it off well. I'm a fan & he apparently puts butts in the seats. He fits Black Adam perfectly, but I don't see WB putting him in a movie anytime soon

Golgo13
They'll give the Rock a character that can start a franchise, since he's pretty big star nowadays. Black Adam and Martian Manhunter is a no go. None of those can support their own movie. John Stewart is the best choice and will/could rejuvenate the GL franchise on film.

-Pr-
Originally posted by I-Drop
John is, was & probably always be the best choice for a GL in live action. He's got the most positive exposure to the general audience & a look that more easily translates to live action. Hal never really meant much outside of his comic fanbase. Hell, people were complaining about them "making GL white" when his film was about to come out. I knew the movie was gonna fail the instant I found out John wasn't in it. I couldn't get hype about it & figured that many wouldn't. There are a few people who I'd rather see in the role, but if it's the Rock I'll still support it & hope that he pulls it off well. I'm a fan & he apparently puts butts in the seats. He fits Black Adam perfectly, but I don't see WB putting him in a movie anytime soon

I don't agree about the GL stuff at all, but fair enough.

They'll give the Rock a character that can start a franchise, since he's pretty big star nowadays. Black Adam and Martian Manhunter is a no go. None of those can support their own movie. John Stewart is the best choice and will/could rejuvenate the GL franchise on film.

Getting the Rock to sign on for a franchise might be difficult; he's already signed on for the Furious movies, and he has Hercules coming out.

Now, if he does well in whatever role WB give him, then it would be a major coup for them, and I'd love to see him stick around for multiple pictures.

Golgo13
I don't agree about the GL stuff at all, but fair enough.

Getting the Rock to sign on for a franchise might be difficult; he's already signed on for the Furious movies, and he has Hercules coming out.

Now, if he does well in whatever role WB give him, then it would be a major coup for them, and I'd love to see him stick around for multiple pictures.

Is Herc going to be a multi pic deal? Because, if not, he can always do a few movies a year.

-Pr-
Is Herc going to be a multi pic deal? Because, if not, he can always do a few movies a year.

That's what I'm saying; I don't know.

Getting him to sign a multi-picture deal might be tricky, with the sheer amount of work the guy is doing. He's one of the most bankable action stars in Hollywood right now.

DARTH POWER
I agree Rock should play some major superhero. His stardom will automatically bring hype to the role. But as we know from the past that alone won't guarantee a hit in the superhero movie world (Ben Affleck as Daredevil, Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider).

I also agree that John Stewart would help give a GL movie that more serious tone. Reynolds "charm" and "funny man" routine really didn't help that movie, and just aided in it being more cheesy and less of a serious movie.

Plus yes I-Drop is right that Stewart was more widely recognized thanks to the JL and JLU series.

Firefly218
Green Lantern wasn't as terrible a movie people seem to think.

IceBreaker2000
Originally posted by Firefly218
Green Lantern wasn't as terrible a movie people seem to think.

thumb up

The Rock would be awesome as GL though

JayDaDon
I honestly wouldn't want him as John Stewart. He's so big, NOT having him play a physical character would be such a waste.

Tzeentch
The Rock also isn't... "dour" enough to be John either, imo. You would need someone like Denzel or Michael Jae White to play a believable John Stewarr, imo.

I-Drop
John Stewart is the best choice and will/could rejuvenate the GL franchise on film. Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I also agree that John Stewart would help give a GL movie that more serious tone. Reynolds "charm" and "funny man" routine really didn't help that movie, and just aided in it being more cheesy and less of a serious movie.

Plus yes I-Drop is right that Stewart was more widely recognized thanks to the JL and JLU series. Ditto. I've been saying it since b4 the movie came out in the GL movie thread

I don't agree about the GL stuff at all, but fair enough.That's understandable. You're a fan of the comics & also a fan of Hal. Take that out of the equation & look at it as a movie exec who wants to get that GA money(the money that matters the absolute most. Comic fanbase simply isn't big enough to sustain a franchise). John's got the most pros & the fewest cons out of all the GLs.

-Pr-
Ditto. I've been saying it since b4 the movie came out in the GL movie thread

That's understandable. You're a fan of the comics & also a fan of Hal. Take that out of the equation & look at it as a movie exec who wants to get that GA money(the money that matters the absolute most. Comic fanbase simply isn't big enough to sustain a franchise). John's got the most pros & the fewest cons out of all the GLs.

Huh? I'm a fan of most of the mediums DC does stuff in, not just comics. John even used to be my favourite GL.

I don't agree, tbh. Is he more recognised due to animated shows? Sure.

That in itself isn't enough, though.

Look at someone like say, Aquaman. If they were going to adapt him for a movie and stuck to cartoons for their inspiration, he'd either be a corny, useless outside of water guy with fishy friends. Or, he'd be a long-haired, bearded badass with a hook hand.

Yet DC wouldn't make either. They'd go with the current, most badass version of the character because that's the one they want to portray on screen.

With GL, they could go with Hal, John, Guy or Kyle. They all have their pluses and minuses. John has just as many as the others, imo.

Would I hate seeing John as GL? No. Of course not. I'd just prefer Hal.

I-Drop
Understood.

What DC wants to push isn't always best. The GL movie proves that. After Hal's film flopping so hard, WB needs to call an audible on this one.

I really don't see John having any cons for GA consumption that aren't intrinsic to all the Earth GLs.

John's pros:
Most positive exposure to the GA.
More suitable look for live action. No silly green domino mask.
Provides most distance from Hal's film.
Adds diversity and solves Cyborg "problem".

John's cons:??

Hal's pros:??
Hal's cons:
Extremely negative exposure. Hal's film was a critical& financial failure.
Look isn't ideal for live action.
Unlikely that any big names will want a role that even Reynolds doesn't want anymore.

Guy's pros:
Look is more suitable for live action.
Provides some distance from Hal's film.

Guy's cons:
Not much GA exposure.

Kyle's pros:??
Kyle's cons:
Look can easily be confused with Hal.
Look isn't ideal for live action.
Minimal exposure to GA

If anybody sees it differently, please elaborate

-Pr-
John has as many cons as the others, if not more.

First, if they want to do him justice at all, he's going to be the most expensive lantern to use due to how his constructs work.

Second, his origin story. It's awful, so needs massive re-working.

Third, there's the "Cyborg problem" as you called it. It can be as much a negative as a positive, imo, especially seeing as, with Hal having had exposure before (hell, people still remember Super Friends) John could easily just be seen as a "black Hal Jordan", which would suck. I know the Justice League is pretty white. I know that they need to add some diversity. But if they're going to involve John, at least put some merit to it.

Or are we supposed to believe that they're solely putting him in because he was the GL in the show? Not for a second, personally.

A mask? Really? You really hate the mask that much?

Why is the "look" not ideal for live action? It's no less silly than any other Lantern's, imo.

Big names would take it in a heartbeat, if the offer was right.

I honestly think John's "exposure" is being drastically overstated, tbh.

I-Drop
They can scale back on constructs like in JLU. Have him build only when a blast to the face isn't enough. Focus on a Marine's zest for efficiency. They'll save money by avoiding the silly CGI mask &costume too.

Writers write. They're gonna retool things regardless. These movies always change things w/the intent of making things smoother for the GA.

Hal's flop and complaints from people that they "turned GL white" show that his previous exposure didn't amount to much. John being seen as a black Hal is highly unlikely, especially if they get him right.

We should probably believe they're putting him in because the one they bet on before was an abject failure that lost them a fortune and they want to try something that might make some money this time around. They were gonna use John in JL:Mortal before all of this mess happened.

The concept is a hard enough sell to begin with. You don't want to add silly stuff on top of it. I can't think of any crossover icons who wear that as their only means of disguising their face. We don't have any successful movie franchises that feature it. GLs are space cops. Cops don't wear domino masks. Not even the space ones smile

It's silly looking in live action. The GLs who don't wear them don't look as silly as the ones who do.

You'd have to pay them a flat out ridiculous amount of money. Money that might be better spent on other things.

It's positive &popular &ongoing. Can't say that for the one they chose

-Pr-
They can scale back on constructs like in JLU. Have him build only when a blast to the face isn't enough. Focus on a Marine's zest for efficiency. They'll save money by avoiding the silly CGI mask &costume too.

Writers write. They're gonna retool things regardless. These movies always change things w/the intent of making things smoother for the GA.

Hal's flop and complaints from people that they "turned GL white" show that his previous exposure didn't amount to much. John being seen as a black Hal is highly unlikely, especially if they get him right.

We should probably believe they're putting him in because the one they bet on before was an abject failure that lost them a fortune and they want to try something that might make some money this time around. They were gonna use John in JL:Mortal before all of this mess happened.

The concept is a hard enough sell to begin with. You don't want to add silly stuff on top of it. I can't think of any crossover icons who wear that as their only means of disguising their face. We don't have any successful movie franchises that feature it. GLs are space cops. Cops don't wear domino masks. Not even the space ones smile

It's silly looking in live action. The GLs who don't wear them don't look as silly as the ones who do.

You'd have to pay them a flat out ridiculous amount of money. Money that might be better spent on other things.

It's positive &popular &ongoing. Can't say that for the one they chose

I see where you're coming from in parts, I just honestly disagree with most/all of it.

Either way, shrug

Golgo13
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2014/03/25/dwayne-johnson-talks-up-hercules-teases-badass-dc-comics-role/

Golgo13
And on Twitter he confirmed as well.

ares834
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/912/7937/original.jpg

mhmm

ShadowFyre
I don't read DC so I can't say much about the characters personality, but The Rock doesn't seem to me like he would be a great choice for Lobo. I think he could make a badass black Adam though.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ares834
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/912/7937/original.jpg

mhmm

Black Adam and Lobo have always gotten my vote when it comes to The Rock playing a comic book character

I-Drop
Cool to see that he's got good taste in GLs. Sucks that the "stamp" was so godawful &corny. Still hoping they get Idris or Chiwetel (sp)

I see where you're coming from in parts, I just honestly disagree with most/all of it.

Either way, shrug Fair enough. Time has a way of proving me right on this type of thing

-Pr-
Cool to see that he's got good taste in GLs. Sucks that the "stamp" was so godawful &corny. Still hoping they get Idris or Chiwetel (sp)

Fair enough. Time has a way of proving me right on this type of thing

lol, surrrre.

Golgo13
Both black adam and lobo arent well known. Plus lobo isnt conplex.

Femi32
I hope The Rock is Black Adam. Outside of Henry Cavill, no one casted as a hero or villain in Batman vs. Superman seems visually inspired by the role. The Rock would change that as Black Adam.

BruceSkywalker
I hope The Rock is Black Adam. Outside of Henry Cavill, no one casted as a hero or villain in Batman vs. Superman seems visually inspired by the role. The Rock would change that as Black Adam.

and put the BADASS back in badass

pym-ftw
Rock will be John, Idk why people are having a hard time with this.

Why else would he tweet out about GL>Supes(paraphrased).

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Rock will be John, Idk why people are having a hard time with this.

Why else would he tweet out about GL>Supes(paraphrased).

Rock said it won't be GL and John isn't well known.

Kazenji
Rock said it won't be GL and John isn't well known.

He is well known for those people who watched the Justice League Animated series

but it seems your thinking of the GA.

So Hal Jordan gets scrutinized by you but Kyle gets a pass?

he too wears a mask of sorts.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Kazenji
He is well known for those people who watched the Justice League Animated series

but it seems your thinking of the GA.

I'm thinking Rock meant with the GA. He already stated GL won't be it. It's a character who hasn't appeared yet.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd like him to be John Stewart.

DARTH POWER

At least Kyle's covers pretty much his whole face. Hal's is more like Clark Kent's glasses, which they even pointed out in the film making a joke out of it.

I-Drop
lol, surrrre. I'm just saying, I was proven right about Hal's film not making a lot of money wink Originally posted by Kazenji

he too wears a mask of sorts. Nah. I didn't give him a pass. I put a list of pros & cons for the Earth GLs a lil while ago. I doubt they'll ever put Kyle in live action anyway, but if they do they should nix that kinda stuff if they wanna give off a serious police force vibe. These guys should be John &Guy. That would be money

JayDaDon
I think if Green lantern were EVER revisited, a cool idea to move forward from the disaster of the first film would be to do a Green lantern Corps film. I actually kind of like the idea of having John AND Guy as the stars. Straight laced John with Guy as the comic relief and foil. That could totally work. They could even introduce or hint to Kyle.

Golgo13
AMC talked a little bit about the Rock.

uEQBJvHRDbI

Really excited either way.

Golgo13
http://badassdigest.com/2014/03/25/wait-what-if-the-rock-isnt-playing-lobo/

-Pr-
I'm just saying, I was proven right about Hal's film not making a lot of money wink Nah. I didn't give him a pass. I put a list of pros & cons for the Earth GLs a lil while ago. I doubt they'll ever put Kyle in live action anyway, but if they do they should nix that kinda stuff if they wanna give off a serious police force vibe. These guys should be John &Guy. That would be money

lol, hating Hal Jordan and hoping he fails isn't the same as precognition. stick out tongue

JayDaDon
Hey PR what would you think of them going with a GLC movie instead?

I-Drop
lol, hating Hal Jordan and hoping he fails isn't the same as precognition. stick out tongue Waaaay back then when I made that prediction, I had only apathy for Hal. I didn't have to hope he'd fail, I just knew that he would. The combination of dealing w/stubborn Hal fanboys on other forums who still act like Hal is the only option even after his megafail, seeing Hal continuously forced on us, finding out that the guys running things at DC(Johns, Didio) are Hal fanboys, and hearing of plans to off John has turned me into a Hal hater. I'd love to go back to just being indifferent sad
I think if Green lantern were EVER revisited, a cool idea to move forward from the disaster of the first film would be to do a Green lantern Corps film. I actually kind of like the idea of having John AND Guy as the stars. Straight laced John with Guy as the comic relief and foil. That could totally work. They could even introduce or hint to Kyle. This

-Pr-
Hey PR what would you think of them going with a GLC movie instead?

Depends, but it could work.

Waaaay back then when I made that prediction, I had only apathy for Hal. I didn't have to hope he'd fail, I just knew that he would. The combination of dealing w/stubborn Hal fanboys on other forums who still act like Hal is the only option even after his megafail, seeing Hal continuously forced on us, finding out that the guys running things at DC(Johns, Didio) are Hal fanboys, and hearing of plans to off John has turned me into a Hal hater. I'd love to go back to just being indifferent sad
This

It wasn't Hal's fault that they wanted to kill John. Blame Geoff Johns stick out tongue

juggernaut74
http://badassdigest.com/2014/03/25/wait-what-if-the-rock-isnt-playing-lobo/ Who is the guys who wrote that? Was he actually talking to the Rock?

I-Drop
Depends, but it could work.

It wasn't Hal's fault that they wanted to kill John. Blame Geoff Johns stick out tongue Agreed. Not a fan of him either. Killing John was probably part of his pro Hal agenda tho :/

-Pr-
Agreed. Not a fan of him either. Killing John was probably part of his pro Hal agenda tho :/

lol he just likes Hal more than John. He still included John in his books, and gave him some nice moments during his run.

juggernaut74
This site thinks he's going to be Aquaman! They make some good points I guess.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1724747/the-rock-dc-comics-movie-aquaman.jhtml

-Pr-
Eh, no thanks. No.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by juggernaut74

I'd buy that for a dollar stick out tongue lol

Golgo13

If so...YESSSS!!

juggernaut74
You could see him as Aquaman?

-Pr-
I think Rock could be an amazing Black Manta.

Aquaman though? God no.

Femi32
I don't believe that, but if WB is considering The Rock for Aquaman, it wouldn't be farcetched on their part. Justin Hartley (Green Arrow in Smallville) would make a great Aquaman.

-Pr-
He was good in the pilot, so I wouldn't have a problem with him playing him.

The one thing an Aquaman movie will live and die on, though, is the tone. Johns hit it just right with the current series, but it has to strike that balance between superhero and eco-warrior.

juggernaut74
The Rock did say the character was well known and he's never been played before. That narrows it down a lot imo. Aquaman is the logical choice. Of course he could have a different opionion on what "well known" is I guess.

pym-ftw
I'm personally thinking Manjobber, because he needs his tattoos covered. I just can't imagine Aquaman wearing a shirt all the time throughout all the JL movies.

-Pr-
That's a good point. Unless they're willing to pay for massive quantities of water-proof make-up or something.

J'onn has been played in live-action before, but it's so obscure it would be easy to think he hadn't been.

pym-ftw
He was in smallville, was there something else?

WhiteWitchKing
He's more of a fit choice as Lobo.

-Pr-
He was in smallville, was there something else?

That horrible live-action Justice League TV movie, way, way back in the 90s.

I actually forgot about Smallville lol

DARTH POWER
So we know he's not John Stewart or Cyborg now.

Let's start placing bets.. I'm thinking he's Lobo.

Golgo13
I hope he's not Lobo. I want him for GL/John Stewart. But, I probably won't get what I want. sad

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
So we know he's not John Stewart or Cyborg now.

Let's start placing bets.. I'm thinking he's Lobo.

who said he isn't John Stewart?

Kazenji
Fanboys on the internet.

Inhuman
My guess is black Adam or doomsday

BruceSkywalker
Fanboys on the internet.

figures..

Originally posted by Inhuman
My guess is black Adam or doomsday

i think lobo or darkseid

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
who said he isn't John Stewart?

He practically said it. He made a statement saying something like " I love GL but he's already been done. "

Kazenji
That doesn't practically say it

like i said above...Fanboys on the internet.

pym-ftw
I'm guessing Manjobber

JayDaDon
Yeah I don't think the Rock's big ass is gonna be the Green Lantern, that would be a huge waste of all his physicality. I'm thinking it will be Manjobber more and more as well.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
He practically said it. He made a statement saying something like " I love GL but he's already been done. "

oh yeah i remember that.. I never ever believed he would be John Stewart anyway

juggernaut74
Doomsday would most likely be CGI same with Lobo. My guesses are Black Adam or Aquaman.

DARTH POWER
Doomsday would most likely be CGI same with Lobo. My guesses are Black Adam or Aquaman.

I don't think it will be Black Adam, because there seems to be no plans for a Captain Marvel movie nor does it seem likely they will introduce magic in the MOS Universe. I might be wrong, but that's just the impression I've got from everything I've read so far.

ares834
That doesn't practically say it

like i said above...Fanboys on the internet.

He also said he would play a character who has never been done. That plus the fact that he said GL has already been done suggests he won't play John Stewart.

Which is good, because an actor as physically big as The Rock should play a physical character.

BruceSkywalker

Aquaman appears to be jason mamoa which is all wrong as well

ares834
I like Jason Mamoa; he was a total bad ass in GoT. He could make a very cool but far more primal Aquaman. If they are going for a more brutal and "ancient king" feel for Arthur, I can see Mamoa working very well.

Golgo13
I like Jason Mamoa; he was a total bad ass in GoT. He could make a very cool but far more primal Aquaman. If they are going for a more brutal and "ancient king" feel for Arthur, I can see Mamoa working very well.

He does look like a decent Aquaman. Can he act?

ares834
I've only seen him in GoT (and Conan but that wasn't his fault) and he was playing a very stoic character who spoke a fictional language, so it's kinda hard to judge his acting skill from that. He was a total badass in it however.

-Pr-
Momoa looks nothing like Aquaman.

He was in Stargate Atlantis too, just fyi.

Kazenji

thumb up

That's where i know him more from then Game Of Thrones.

JayDaDon
Well there is conan as well laughing out loud

ares834

Agreed.

And I've never really watched SGA, I've only seen an episode here or there.

-Pr-
Agreed.

And I've never really watched SGA, I've only seen an episode here or there.

Ah. Well he was in it for I think two seasons, so it's a good body of work to look at. I actually liked his character in SGA, and I wished Conan was better than it turned out being.

I just can't see him as Aquaman. I wouldn't mind seeing him as another DC character though.

Tzeentch
Who could you see being Aquaman?

Firefly218
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Matt Damon

BruceSkywalker

that was a good show...

remember momoa got his start on Baywatch

Originally posted by Firefly218
Matt Damon

Damon is gonna play Robin/Nightwing stick out tongue big grin sad

Ah. Well he was in it for I think two seasons, so it's a good body of work to look at. I actually liked his character in SGA, and I wished Conan was better than it turned out being.

I just can't see him as Aquaman. I wouldn't mind seeing him as another DC character though.

what about him being John J'onzz

Femi32
Justin Hartley for Aquaman and Jason Mamoa for Lobo.

pym-ftw
Why does everyone think Lobo will be in it? Btw you guys realize if they use Lobo they will base him on the New version...

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Tzeentch

I could see Chris Hemsworth if he wasn't already Thor. On second thought, how about Liam Hemsworth? Get a little sibling rivalry going on.

Firefly218
Thor > Aquaman

ares834
Liam? **** no. Dude can't act his way out of a paper bag.

Why does everyone think Lobo will be in it?

Yeah, I'm not sure either.

pym-ftw
Especially in the much more grounded DCcU he would be bastardized to a horrible level.

JayDaDon

Yeah, I'm not sure either.

Meh I see no reason to hate his acting, he's about as good as his brother *shrug*

Golgo13
So, it looks like Rock will be playing Black Adam.

pym-ftw
Better chance of Shazam, I can't really see BA being in the movie

Golgo13
Better chance of Shazam, I can't really see BA being in the movie

Who would you put as the villain of the movie?

pym-ftw
Darkseid for JLA
Or
Doomsday
Or
Brainiac

Let's just say I don't think a villain team will show up in the first movie

Golgo13
I'm talking about the SHAZAM movie. Adam will more than likely be the foe. Which will be the Rock.

pym-ftw
Has anyone said anything about a solo movie?

Golgo13
In the Wallstreet journal article. Fables and Metal Men are also being mentioned.

pym-ftw
Wow, if I were them I'd be trying to figure out how to make their A+ characters more profitable.

Kazenji

What exactly have you seen him in to hate on him?

as for Lobo Dwayne was attached to a movie back in 2012 but he left it In July 2012.

-Pr-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.