Marvel NOW: Thor vs Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Who wins ?

Only feats from Marvel Now

carver9
Love Thor but Hyperion is winning this.

leonidas
thor. the hype luv is amusing though. he'll need to stack a lot more feats before i give him any sort of majority over someone with the feat history of thor.

eaebiakuya
For this thread Thor only have feats from Marvel Now.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor. Didn't Hickman once say Thor was Marvel's most powerful hero? Remember reading that once.

I wonder how the big three match up. Strength: Hulk > Hyperion/Thor and power: Thor > Hulk/Hyperion? Eh whatever, they're generic flying bricks pretty often on such a large team.

I like the bromance the two have going on. The two should have an arc where they go on solo missions only to run into Hercules (Aka ex-girlfriend). Hilarity ensues.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f69af085bfdc5c8a79be6d8ec6b72575/tumblr_mhg5txpMoj1ryctvko1_r1_500.png

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor. Didn't Hickman once say Thor was Marvel's most powerful hero? Remember reading that once.

I wonder how the big three match up. Strength: Hulk > Hyperion/Thor and power: Thor > Hulk/Hyperion? Eh whatever, they're generic flying bricks pretty often on such a large team.

I like the bromance the two have going on. The two should have an arc where they go on solo missions only to run into Hercules (Aka ex-girlfriend). Hilarity ensues.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/f69af085bfdc5c8a79be6d8ec6b72575/tumblr_mhg5txpMoj1ryctvko1_r1_500.png

thumb up

not sure how old you are but there is a classic episode of the sitcom CHEERS, where sam goes against some french bartender in a competition to gather phone numbers. friggin hilarious.

i think herc, thor and hype should compete to see who could gather the most phone numbers. be hilarious! laughing out loud

kgkg
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor. Didn't Hickman once say Thor was Marvel's most powerful hero? Remember reading that once. You probably just imagined it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kgkg
You probably just imagined it.

I know you were just joking but I decided to look for it anyway:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111114397/3121358-qq%E6%88%AA%E5%9B%BE20130621113452.png

Reading it now, it doesn't actually mean anything. Just wanted to make sure I didn't imagine it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by leonidas
thor. the hype luv is amusing though. he'll need to stack a lot more feats before i give him any sort of majority over someone with the feat history of thor. Read the op. laughing out loud

pym-ftw
Thor

Nibedicus
Hype

Damborgson
Thor gives him a beating. Hypes plenty tough and freaking strong, but nothing Thor hasn't overcome.

celeyhyga17
Thor

Damborgson
Originally posted by quanchi112
Read the op. laughing out loud

Pfff didn't even see that. Thor still wins though. Hype would be better off against new 52 supes.

Odekahn
Thor

Tony Stark
Hyperion

brownqk
Hyperion is more impressive in OP's context...

Damborgson
In pure strength, sure by a long shot. Thor's got the rest covered though pretty much.

Magic Joe
Hammer to the face.

JakeTheBank
Thor. Clearly.

He doesn't spite stomp Hyperion, obviously, but he has the better feats against high caliber foes under the Marvel NOW line of books. He certainly doesn't seem to be portrayed as any less formidable than Hyperion, either, when the two are in the same story. I guess I could see someone picking Hyperion for the planet pushing and universal destruction feats he has, but I would back Thor in an actual fight.

The Sorrow
Split. Hyperion might sway me if he keeps pushing out these insane cheese feats and has some good combat showings. His performance against Thanos' generals and the Starbrand let him down a bit though.

abhilegend
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Split. Hyperion might sway me if he keeps pushing out these insane cheese feats and has some good combat showings. His performance against Thanos' generals and the Starbrand let him down a bit though.
thumb up

Thor outperformed him against Starbrand. "AAIEEEEEEEE"

laughing out loud

janus77
Hyperion. So far, Thor has been decidedly second/third-fiddle.

janus77
Originally posted by abhilegend
thumb up

Thor outperformed him against Starbrand. "AAIEEEEEEEE"

laughing out loud
Oh shit, I keep forgetting the existence of the Star Brand.

Revise my earlier statement, bump Thor down another peg.

Oh wait, the Captain Universe/Mother thing... Bump Thor down another one.

Ok, basically Thor >= Captain Marvel.

D-Block
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor. Clearly.

He doesn't spite stomp Hyperion, obviously, but he has the better feats against high caliber foes under the Marvel NOW line of books. He certainly doesn't seem to be portrayed as any less formidable than Hyperion, either, when the two are in the same story. I guess I could see someone picking Hyperion for the planet pushing and universal destruction feats he has, but I would back Thor in an actual fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.