Sauron vs. Gandalf the White

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Hand to hand only. Gandalf has a sword and Sauron gets his mace. Who wins ?

Robtard
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7299/l11k.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7299/l11k.jpg Do not spam threads because you are upset.

quanchi112
I believe Sauron is winning this.

Epicurus
Sauron wins, barely.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Epicurus
Sauron wins, barely. So you believe their power levels are close ? Interesting.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Epicurus
Sauron wins, barely.

In a pure sword fight? Sauron stomps Gandalf and stomps hard. The only chance Gandalf has is to get lucky enough to cut off Sauron's finger and take away his ring from him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by FrothByte
In a pure sword fight? Sauron stomps Gandalf and stomps hard. The only chance Gandalf has is to get lucky enough to cut off Sauron's finger and take away his ring from him. Epidural is nothing more than an unknown troll trying to make his mark.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
In a pure sword fight? Sauron stomps Gandalf and stomps hard. The only chance Gandalf has is to get lucky enough to cut off Sauron's finger and take away his ring from him.

I'm assuming that Suaron can't use his shockwave and such here and is limited to just swinging his mace.

So based on it being a huge guy with a mace who is slow and lumbering, vs a smaller guy (by comparison) with a sword who is far more agile and would have knowledge that severing the ring would defeat his foe. Why do you think it's a stomp?

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Here comes Gandalf's biggest fanboy right on cue.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

Here comes Gandalf's biggest fanboy right on cue.

And more: "I TROLL U!!!"

quanchi112
And more: "I TROLL U!!!" Here is why he says stomp. Sauron doesn't even need to connect to hit him. Did you not watch Sauron swing his mace in the movie ?

Robtard
Here is why he says stomp. Sauron doesn't even need to connect to hit him.

Did you not watch Sauron swing his mace in the movie ?

So Suaron's going to take out Gandalf by missing. Odd.

f9lcJJuHPEs

I did, maybe you should take a look yourself.

quanchi112
So Suaron's going to take out Gandalf by missing. Odd.

f9lcJJuHPEs

I did, maybe you should take a look yourself. He was not hitting every person who flew by his mace. Just those in the general vicinity were killed by the power. Just needs to swing it at Gandalf and there he goes. Dead. Bye bye.

Robtard
So you're giving Sauron extra powers here while stripping Gandalf to just being a swordsman.

Good way in forcing a win to the side you want thumb up

quanchi112
So you're giving Sauron extra powers here while stripping Gandalf to just being a swordsman.

Good way in forcing a win to the side you want thumb up Both sides can use whatever powers aka not other types of sorcery save hand to hand feats. Dalf can lightning zap his sword. This is as fair as it gets.

Darkstorm Zero
Yeah, movie version of Sauron was both epic success and epic failure.

On one hand he was smashing aside hordes of 2nd age Elves and Numenorean loyalists with effortless ease.

On the other hand, he was brought low by a hilt shard because Sauron was busy gloating.

Without the book lore, where he immolated Gil-Galad with but a touch, or any of his earlier 2nd age and 1st age feats, Sauron is much much less than what he is in the movies.

Gandalf on the other hand is purely 3rd age, he was not directly involved with the War of Wrath, nor anything up and including the Last Alliance. We do not know how he'd measure up to any of the 1st nor 2nd age powers, and Sauron never directly fought an Istari either. Infact, going purely by movies, Sauron never directly fought a magic user. He did enslave the mind of Saruman while weakened and without the ring, but Saruman was much less than Gandalf the White.

That said, Sauron would also be aware that Whitedalf would know to exploit the severing of the fingers, that and that Dalf is a Maiar as he is, would not take direct chances. He knows better than to underestimate a being of equal knowledge, if not power, having learned the lesson of the sundering of Numenor.

Gahd, so much is missing from the lore and history when the books are removed...

quanchi112
You are quite ignorant when it comes to Sauron with regards to the movies. laughing out loud

Darkstorm Zero
You are quite ignorant when it comes to Sauron with regards to the movies. laughing out loud

What?

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Infact, going purely by movies, Sauron never directly fought a magic user.

Wasn't that Sauron who fought Gandalf near the end of Desolation of Smaug?

quanchi112
What? Sauron absolutely decimated Gandalf in a magical battle in Desolation of Smaug.

It was rather obvious he is by far the most powerful being in Lotr prior to this anyway.

Darkstorm Zero
Sauron absolutely decimated Gandalf in a magical battle in Desolation of Smaug.

It was rather obvious he is by far the most powerful being in Lotr prior to this anyway.

I don't dispute that. I was reffering to purely H2H. What your reffering to is a magical battle, not an all out fight with sword, mace & staff.

Not to mention it still does not invalidate my other points.

Nibedicus
I don't dispute that. I was reffering to purely H2H. What your reffering to is a magical battle, not an all out fight with sword, mace & staff.

Not to mention it still does not invalidate my other points.

Wouldn't "directly fighting a magic user" involve using magic?

Edit. Just reread the stips, I guess you meant based on the stips provided.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Nibedicus

Edit. Just reread the stips, I guess you meant based on the stips provided.

Not necessarily. If the magic user is using Glamdring as much as he is throwing spells around then it's not purely a magical fight. And Sauron was never physically fighting Dalf in the DOS. Meaning it was purely a magical fight rather than an all out one.

However, both beings were not at full strength either, Gandalf here is The White, and Sauron is physical and has his ring here. The magical battle in DOS is not what will take place here.

quanchi112

Not to mention it still does not invalidate my other points. Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Infact, going purely by movies, Sauron never directly fought a magic user.
You were wrong and went on a long winded ignorant rant.

Watch the second movie for pity's sake.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nibedicus

Edit. Just reread the stips, I guess you meant based on the stips provided. No, he was wrong and is trying to talk his way out of it now.

Nibedicus
Not necessarily. If the magic user is using Glamdring as much as he is throwing spells around then it's not purely a magical fight. And Sauron was never physically fighting Dalf in the DOS. Meaning it was purely a magical fight rather than an all out one.

However, both beings were not at full strength either, Gandalf here is The White, and Sauron is physical and has his ring here. The magical battle in DOS is not what will take place here.

Would depend on how the they decide to fight. It might end up similar to the Witch King vs Gandalf the White where the Witch King just shattered his staff and incapacitated him quite easily. Still pretty magical. Same thing happened in DoS, too. Gandalf loses his staff and becomes pretty much helpless. I know he still has his sword, but he seems incapable of lifting it up to defend himself as soon as he loses his staff.

Staff smashing seems to be a go-to move for the bad guys vs Gandalf. A staffless Gandalf would pretty much be meat for a fully formed Sauron.

Darkstorm Zero
You were wrong and went on a long winded ignorant rant.

Watch the second movie for pity's sake.

Oh for f**ks sake, I'm even on your side this time, and you still wanna go at me.

English is definitely not your first language if you don't know the meening of "directly". F**k it, I knew you'd waste my time with your crappy rivalry again.

Supra
Sauron Wins

quanchi112
Oh for f**ks sake, I'm even on your side this time, and you still wanna go at me.

English is definitely not your first language if you don't know the meening of "directly". F**k it, I knew you'd waste my time with your crappy rivalry again. You clearly didn't see the movie. Just fess up already and I will show you mercy.

Sauron swings his mace and what does Gandalf do ? Did you see him fight the orcs ? Did ya miss that ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Supra
Sauron Wins Welcome back.

Supra
You clearly didn't see the movie. Just fess up already and I will show you mercy.

Sauron swings his mace and what does Gandalf do ? Did you see him fight the orcs ? Did ya miss that ?

Sauron has Gandolf locked up in the Desolation.

Gandolf has nothing for him. Sauron is made of Loreal.

I am Fire

quanchi112
Sauron has Gandolf locked up in the Desolation.

Gandolf has nothing for him. Sauron is made of Loreal.

I am Fire Yeah, zero never saw the film and was caught in a lie of ignorance.

Supra
Yeah, zero never saw the film and was caught in a lie of ignorance.

Never fear Supra is here

quanchi112
Never fear Supra is here My watchful eye sees all. I am the eye of kmc.

Supra
My watchful eye sees all. I am the eye of kmc.

I am Fire, I am Death, I am Eternal

Godspeed is all that issmile

Stealth Moose
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7299/l11k.jpg

^

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
^ Over what ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Gandalf wins... His h2h feats are far superior to anything Sauron did in the movies.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Gandalf wins... His h2h feats are far superior to anything Sauron did in the movies. No, they aren't.

laughing out loud

Sauron's twenty seconds>>>Gandalf's hours of screen time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.