Lex Luthor Vs Bruce Banner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Who wins in a prep war?

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BB_zpsc6b1b33e.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LL_zpsc066897f.jpg

quanchi112
Bruce Banner, hands down.

abhilegend
Lex crushes this fool.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume both responses suggested a one-sided stomp.

Lex is no chump and Banner has always been one of the smartest dudes around. He got a serious boost in confidence during Pak's run though and has even been suggested to be more intelligent then even Tony Stark. So at this point, I'd give him the tech advantage over almost everyone, even Lex. I would have said a split at one time but then the Intelligencia was pretty crazy for Banner and his crop of villains in terms of cunning and brain power.

I think Banner/Stark/Richards/Pym/Doom are on a level above guys like Lex at this point. Just mo of course and maybe I'm forgetting some nice Lex Luthor showings.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Lex created a pocket universe, cloned doomsday perfectly which was stated to be impossible even for new gods (that's some insane showing right there), usurped the power of an omnipotent, created Reactron to destroy new krypton, cloned Rao, outsmarted both Brainiac and Brainiac 5 and is considered the smartest mind on DC earth but he is below ****ing Hank Pym/Tony Stark/Bruce Banner?

GTFO with your hulk cock stroking rage.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume both responses suggested a one-sided stomp.

Lex is no chump and Banner has always been one of the smartest dudes around. He got a serious boost in confidence during Pak's run though and has even been suggested to be more intelligent then even Tony Stark. So at this point, I'd give him the tech advantage over almost everyone, even Lex. I would have said a split at one time but then the Intelligencia was pretty crazy for Banner and his crop of villains in terms of cunning and brain power.

I think Banner/Stark/Richards/Pym/Doom are on a level above guys like Lex at this point. Just mo of course and maybe I'm forgetting some nice Lex Luthor showings.

Lex got a big push before the reboot. (Robinson's run) Even in the DCnU, he's pretty damn smart. I'd rank DCnU Terrific along side Stark or Pym and I think Wallace said Lex is smarter than Holt.

Golgo13
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Lex created a pocket universe, cloned doomsday perfectly which was stated to be impossible even for new gods (that's some insane showing right there), usurped the power of an omnipotent, created Reactron to destroy new krypton, cloned Rao, outsmarted both Brainiac and Brainiac 5 and is considered the smartest mind on DC earth but he is below ****ing Hank Pym/Tony Stark/Bruce Banner?

When did he create a pocket universe?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Golgo13
When did he create a pocket universe?
The ship of Doomslayer which had a pocket universe in it was created by Lex.

Wei Phoenix
laughing out loud

He did all of that since the DCnU started?

Golgo13
The ship of Doomslayer which had a pocket universe in it was created by Lex.

Do you have the scans of him doing it?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He did all of that since the DCnU started? That pic in OP? That's preboot Lex Luthor.Originally posted by Golgo13
Do you have the scans of him doing it?
Unfortunately no.

Golgo13
That pic in OP? That's preboot Lex Luthor.
Unfortunately no.

If he did, that's pretty big. Fans always go wild over characters creating universes and Lex did. I always thought it was uber of Reed creating a pocket universe for Thing and Pre-boot Lex has matched it.

JakeTheBank
Probably Luthor as he has more resources to fall back upon.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Probably Luthor as he has more resources to fall back upon.
And because he's far more smarter and ruthless.

JakeTheBank
And because he's far more smarter and ruthless.

Ruthless, yes. Far more smarter, I doubt it.

abhilegend
Ruthless, yes. Far more smarter, I doubt it.
Nope. Banner hasn't created stuff like pocket universe and usurped the power of omnipotent beings.

tkitna
Lex really doesnt want to kill Superman, does he? Somebody that smart should have no problem doing so if he really tried.

Was taking Luthor in this bout.

JakeTheBank
Nope. Banner hasn't created stuff like pocket universe and usurped the power of omnipotent beings.

And yet Banner has outsmarted and has been likened to being a peer to guys who have done that.

So, no, I'm not seeing how Luthor is far more smarter than Banner.

abhilegend
Originally posted by tkitna
Lex really doesnt want to kill Superman, does he? Somebody that smart should have no problem doing so if he really tried.

Was taking Luthor in this bout.
No, he wants people of Earth to see how he views superman himself. Superman has himself admitted that if Lex really wanted to kill him, he could've done it long ago.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
And yet Banner has outsmarted and has been likened to being a peer to guys who have done that.

So, no, I'm not seeing how Luthor is far more smarter than Banner.
Like who? Banner is without a peer in the field of Gamma radiation but in other areas? Lex shits on his feats.

Wei Phoenix
No, he wants people of Earth to see how he views superman himself. Superman has himself admitted that if Lex really wanted to kill him, he could've done it long ago.
Like who? Banner is without a peer in the field of Gamma radiation but in other areas? Lex shits on his feats.

DOOM.

JakeTheBank

He's been referred to as a peer to Doom and Richards both, and has outsmarted both. He's the authority on gamma radiation, true, but in terms of science and tech as a whole, he's very much a peer to both of those guys. To that end, I don't see Lex being far smarter than Banner. Smarter, sure, but not to the lengths you're making it out to be.

abhilegend
He's been referred to as a peer to Doom and Richards both, and has outsmarted both. He's the authority on gamma radiation, true, but in terms of science and tech as a whole, he's very much a peer to both of those guys. To that end, I don't see Lex being far smarter than Banner. Smarter, sure, but not to the lengths you're making it out to be.
So if Banner is a peer to Reed and Doom and Lex is smarter than Banner IYO, why do you keep touting that Reed and Doom are in a different category of intelligence than Lex because apparently they have better feats?

JakeTheBank
So if Banner is a peer to Reed and Doom and Lex is smarter than Banner IYO, why do you keep touting that Reed and Doom are in a different category of intelligence than Lex because apparently they have better feats?

Because Reed and Doom do have better feats than Lex. Lex in turn has better feats than Banner and is, in all likelihood, smarter than him. That said, Banner's intelligent enough not to be completely out of his element when dealing with Doom and Richards as shown by direct comparisons and is also quite cunning as well (certainly more so than Reed) which is another reason and factor why Lex wouldn't shit all over him in a prep war.

Plus there's the fact that at least with Doom, he's a master in both science and magic which furthers the gap between him and Luthor.

Golgo13
Because Reed and Doom do have better feats than Lex. Lex in turn has better feats than Banner and is, in all likelihood, smarter than him. That said, Banner's intelligent enough not to be completely out of his element when dealing with Doom and Richards as shown by direct comparisons and is also quite cunning as well (certainly more so than Reed) which is another reason and factor why Lex wouldn't shit all over him in a prep war.

Plus there's the fact that at least with Doom, he's a master in both science and magic which furthers the gap between him and Luthor.

You make it sound like Doom and Reed are FAR superior, but in all likely hood, Lex would definitely be a peer to both.

Mindset
So if Banner is a peer to Reed and Doom and Lex is smarter than Banner IYO, why do you keep touting that Reed and Doom are in a different category of intelligence than Lex because apparently they have better feats? Lex is a peer to Reed and Doom, but they are still better.

To put it in sports terms, the top 10 greatest players will be peers to each other, but #1 will be usually considered a lot better than #10.

abhilegend

Plus there's the fact that at least with Doom, he's a master in both science and magic which furthers the gap between him and Luthor. Originally posted by Mindset
Lex is a peer to Reed and Doom, but they are still better.

To put it in sports terms, the top 10 greatest players will be peers to each other, but #1 will be usually considered a lot better than #10.
Its like bizarro world when Jake and Mindset consider anybody a peer of Doom in intelligence.

fastnuts

Mindset
Its like bizarro world when Jake and Mindset consider anybody a peer of Doom in intelligence.

fastnuts Don't get me wrong, Doom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lex.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindset
Don't get me wrong, Doom >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lex.
Nope. Lex is a peer to Doom. You betrayed Doom, you doombot.

Iron-man
Banner, Starks, Pym, T'Challa are also "rivals/peer" too of Reed/Doom, but generally Doom/Reed are portrayed to be smartest of the 6. I highly doubt there is a gap between Bruce and Lex's intelligence, especially we when know that Bruce nowadays is a little bit more then just a gamma radiation scientist.

DarkSaint85
On average, Luthor. Bannertech is pretty way up there, though. By no means a stomp to either.

Iron-man
If he did, that's pretty big. Fans always go wild over characters creating universes and Lex did. I always thought it was uber of Reed creating a pocket universe for Thing and Pre-boot Lex has matched it.
It really entire universe, it's just another space-time dimension. There is a difference.

Pym(Infinte Mansion), T'challa done it before in Doomwar IIRC. Heck I know that Steel made one too, but he is not really all that high intelligences.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Iron-man
It really entire universe, it's just another space-time dimension. There is a difference.

Pym(Infinte Mansion), T'challa done it before in Doomwar IIRC. Heck I know that Steel made one too, but he is not really all that high intelligences.
Pym just found "infinite dimension", T'challa hasn't done anything like that. Steel has created tesserects out of already existing tesserects, he hasn't created a pocket universe out of nothing.

Iron-man
Pym just found "infinite dimension", T'challa hasn't done anything like that. Steel has created tesserects out of already existing tesserects, he hasn't created a pocket universe out of nothing.
Pym didn't create underspace, but he created Infinte Mansion which had infinite space, and could teleport anywhere in the universe.

T'challa hasn't made that, but he did made nowhere room teleporting device in Doomwar#3 IIRC.

Dimension/Universe are interchangeable words. Steel made a dimension for what it's worth.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3074654-134.jpg

It's not like Reed's pocket universes actually process all of the universe in them, it's just unknown sized dimension with a city in it.

The Sorrow
Banner created a machine that could scan the multiverse in moments, created a time portal using a fragment of Mjolnir, downloaded his own consciousness onto his past self on the fly, out prepped Doom, Reed, Pym, T'Challa and several other of the Earth's top eggheads at once, used "Bannertech" for all kinds of crazy effects, been stated as Earth's most brilliant mind etc. He currently develops new inventions every week and is on the way to curing the Inhumans of their Terrigen-altered dna.

To be honest when it comes to science Bruce Banner has pretty much done it all. I'd say the only kind of feats he lacks are developing tech to defeat extremely powerful beings but in his defense, he has the Hulk for that.

abhilegend
Pym didn't create underspace, but he created Infinte Mansion which had infinite space, and could teleport anywhere in the universe.

T'challa hasn't made that, but he did made nowhere room teleporting device in Doomwar#3 IIRC.

Dimension/Universe are interchangeable words. Steel made a dimension for what it's worth.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/3074654-134.jpg

It's not like Reed's pocket universes actually process all of the universe in them, it's just unknown sized dimension with a city in it.
Pym only created doorways from infinite mansion, its nothing noteworthy.

Teleporters? Lex was making them while he was a teenager.

Nah, dimensions=/=universes. Not that impressive, everybody has created some kind of dimensions. When its called a pocket universe, then its impressive.

Epicurus
Luthor wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Banner created a machine that could scan the multiverse in moments, created a time portal using a fragment of Mjolnir, downloaded his own consciousness onto his past self on the fly, out prepped Doom, Reed, Pym, T'Challa and several other of the Earth's top eggheads at once, used "Bannertech" for all kinds of crazy effects, been stated as Earth's most brilliant mind etc. He currently develops new inventions every week and is on the way to curing the Inhumans of their Terrigen-altered dna.

To be honest when it comes to science Bruce Banner has pretty much done it all. I'd say the only kind of feats he lacks are developing tech to defeat extremely powerful beings but in his defense, he has the Hulk for that.
Actually the machine which was built to scan multiverse for hercules would've taken a billion years to just search a single universe.

Not bad but Brainiac 5 did create a machine that searched countless timelines from multiverse in a matter of moments and Lex rebuked his tech as being rudimentary in Final Night.

None of other those things is particularly that impressive when you consider the context.

quanchi112
Pym only created doorways from infinite mansion, its nothing noteworthy.

Teleporters? Lex was making them while he was a teenager.

Nah, dimensions=/=universes. Not that impressive, everybody has created some kind of dimensions. When its called a pocket universe, then its impressive. Here comes the downplaying. You act like your opinion is factual. Bruce's feats are very impressive which is the point. You acting like they are no big deal is just downplaying.

The Sorrow
Actually the machine which was built to scan multiverse for hercules would've taken a billion years to just search a single universe.
No, actually the machine did as Banner said it would and proceeded to scan the multiverse at the speed of Cho's hyper-mind, however due to the quantum nature of the machine, it was opening up pathways and portals to new multiverses as it carried out the search and not only the "known" multiverse which made the search significantly longer.

That's not really a feat though unless Lex helped create or improve the machine.

If you look at what Bannertech has actually done it's very impressive. Defeating Doom and other top tier characters using what was essentially handheld equipment and limited resources shouldn't be overlooked.

DarkSaint85

That's not really a feat though unless Lex helped create or improve the machine.

This. Lex can be arrogant and stubborn in his superiority, downplaying the opposition to cement his own ego and belief that he is right.

Hmm.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This. Lex can be arrogant and stubborn in his superiority, downplaying the opposition to cement his own ego and belief that he is right.

Hmm. thumb up

abhilegend
No, actually the machine did as Banner said it would and proceeded to scan the multiverse at the speed of Cho's hyper-mind, however due to the quantum nature of the machine, it was opening up pathways and portals to new multiverses as it carried out the search and not only the "known" multiverse which made the search significantly longer.

If you look at what Bannertech has actually done it's very impressive. Defeating Doom and other top tier characters using what was essentially handheld equipment and limited resources shouldn't be overlooked.
It didn't scan the multiverse in moments as you said.

Actually he did. He improvised the machines of brainiac 5 which he found flawed.

Lex has done that to people like Brainiac and Brainiac 5 several times. He has done things that new gods couldn't and new gods have the nuttiest tech in comics bar none.

quanchi112

Actually he did. He improvised the machines of brainiac 5 which he found flawed.

Lex has done that to people like Brainiac and Brainiac 5 several times. He has done things that new gods couldn't and new gods have the nuttiest tech in comics bar none. Based on what do the new gods have the nuttiest tech in the universe ?

Reed puts their tech to shame.

janus77
Banner wins.

Banner > 8 smartest minds on Marvel Earth.
Banner > Doom, twice!
Banner >> Stark.

Basically, Banner wins.

janus77

thumb up

The Sorrow
If anything it was more impressive than I actually stated, it had to have scanned the multiverse to have known there were "a nearly infinite number of previously unknown multiverses into which Herc could now have fallen".

What did Lex actually do?

That's because Lex is more cunning, Banner actually owned Doom with his handheld tech. Single-handed punking of Reed, Beast, Pym, Leader, Modok, T'Challa, Cho, Ross, Doom, and the rest of the Intelligencia is a pretty retarded prep/tech feat.

Not really sure what to make of that, you will have to elaborate on "nuttiest" tech.

abhilegend
If anything it was more impressive than I actually stated, it had to have scanned the multiverse to have known there were "a nearly infinite number of previously unknown multiverses into which Herc could now have fallen". While that was impressive, it just shows that it can see there are more than one multiverse. It is just showing what people like Reed, Lex, Doom have already known via their research.

Improvised Brainiac 5's plans with better plans and machines.

Leader punked Doom too in that arc. Pak's wanking of Banner aside, banner isn't that impressive in general.

Machines that can destroy and recreate universes like Genesis Box, items which grant omnipotence like worloggog are just play things of new gods. In fact Orion who isn't any smart than a random new god created Genesis box to destroy and recreate universe.

janus77
Under WAID, Banner's proven to be far superior to the combined intellects of Stark and McCoy, owning them both with a simple program he created and stored on a USB stick.

He's been frequently shown as superior to Stark and in random week, he developed tech every bit the equal of Stark, Reed, McCoy and Pym.

Not just one of them, but ALL of them combined.

A week of Banner inventions >= a week of the other five put together.

He was still pissed off though, because his Hulking business put him behind schedule for each invention.

janus77
And under AARON, he was basically Mister Sinister^infinity. Giving Hulk powers to random animals, making them intelligent, giving them speech and language skills ... ****, at the rate mad Banner was going, he would have evolved into something like an insane version of High Evolutionary, eventually.

Banner's overlooked because of The Hulk, but seriously, even the relatively few feats he has, put him up there with Reed and Doom. And he's owned both men (and their entire resources/teams) twice or more.

quanchi112
I do agree with Banner's recent push he seems just too much for Luthor who is the definition of a f-up.

iceman24567
Luthor

Iron-man
Luthor isn't stomping Banner,even if you think Luthor is on par with Doom, Doom doesn't exactly stomp Bruce when they meet before either. Reed/Doom aren't many times smarter then Bruce/T'challa/Pym/Tony Stark(who is weakest of the four).

It's possible that Luthor could win, Luthor isn't many more smarter then current wanked verison of Banner. Plus Bruce Banner has experience facing smarter oppotents like the Leader, so it's not like Lex is unbeatable.

All of the mechanism about Infinity Avenger mansion is credited to Hank Pym, also helped keep Wasp/Korvac's molecule structure from seperating too. I don't see how you could downplay it.
http://marvel.com/universe/Infinite_Avengers_Mansion

Teleport isn't what made it impressive, the mechanism around the Shadow physic is what made it impressive.

It can be the same thing(definition), but rarely do other sub dimension/universe ever get as big as the main universe. I'm not saying that Reign of Doomsday Luthor feats aren't impressive. It's just that I doubt Luthor's pocket world was meant to be anywhere as large as the main earth one universe.

Golgo13
Luthor isn't stomping Banner,even if you think Luthor is on par with Doom, Doom doesn't exactly stomp Bruce when they meet before either. Reed/Doom aren't many times smarter then Bruce/T'challa/Pym/Tony Stark(who is weakest of the four).

It's possible that Luthor could win, Luthor isn't many more smarter then current wanked verison of Banner. Plus Bruce Banner has experience facing smarter oppotents like the Leader, so it's not like Lex is unbeatable.

All of the mechanism about Infinity Avenger mansion is credited to Hank Pym, also helped keep Wasp/Korvac's molecule structure from seperating too. I don't see how you could downplay it.
http://marvel.com/universe/Infinite_Avengers_Mansion

Teleport isn't what made it impressive, the mechanism around the Shadow physic is what made it impressive.

It can be the same thing(definition), but rarely do other sub dimension/universe ever get as big as the main universe. I'm not saying that Reign of Doomsday Luthor feats aren't impressive. It's just that I doubt Luthor's pocket world was meant to be anywhere as large as the main earth one universe.

When it comes to these super genius type characters, I think anyone can win on a given day.

abhilegend
Luthor isn't stomping Banner,even if you think Luthor is on par with Doom, Doom doesn't exactly stomp Bruce when they meet before either. Reed/Doom aren't many times smarter then Bruce/T'challa/Pym/Tony Stark(who is weakest of the four). Reed certainly is several steps smarter than Tony as revealed in Mcduffie's run where he hides his formulas from Tony because they are beyond Tony's comprehension.

Then show us Banner taking the power of an omnipotent. Also Lex has outsmarted Brainiac several times, Banner wouldn't be any problem to him.

Ah yes, the underspace where Thor sent Janet after secret invasion. It was a pre-existing pocket dimension, Pym didn't created a new dimension.

What mechanism pray tell me.

It was not as big as main universe hence the term pocket universe. Its still a very big feat which only the likes of Reed and Doom have done.

quanchi112
Abc logic and feat toting. In one thread he says feats don't determine fights but in another he says they matter.

Golgo13
Reed certainly is several steps smarter than Tony as revealed in Mcduffie's run where he hides his formulas from Tony because they are beyond Tony's comprehension.

Then show us Banner taking the power of an omnipotent. Also Lex has outsmarted Brainiac several times, Banner wouldn't be any problem to him.

Ah yes, the underspace where Thor sent Janet after secret invasion. It was a pre-existing pocket dimension, Pym didn't created a new dimension.

What mechanism pray tell me.

It was not as big as main universe hence the term pocket universe. Its still a very big feat which only the likes of Reed and Doom have done.

And Alex basically laughed at Lex. Saying he was inferior. It's going to be interesting if the hooded man is Alex Luthor. His implied power is already off the charts.

Supra
Banner Preps, doesnt work, gets mad, Hulk Smash

Lex Dies

Rage.Of.Olympus
So only stealing power from an Omnipotent being can be used as a measure of intellect. And somehow it trumps Banner outsmarting guys who've turned overcoming Cosmic Threats into an art......

Lol.

Golgo13
Well, supposedly, Lex outsmarted 2 Brainiac's who have done the same thing.

quanchi112
So only stealing power from an Omnipotent being can be used as a measure of intellect. And somehow it trumps Banner outsmarting guys who've turned overcoming Cosmic Threats into an art......

Lol. The funny thing is. Lex screwed himself out of the power in idiotic fashion.

JakeTheBank

Lol.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5q7yusy0f1qzpkdyo1_500.jpg

Golgo13
Lex is master manipulator.
Master in most, if not all sciences.
and has even dabbed in magic a little.

Baring all his feats (Post crisis), I say he gets the edge.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, supposedly, Lex outsmarted 2 Brainiac's who have done the same thing.

Which is fine and perfectly valid I guess.

Assuming it happened straight up and is free of context. I've learned to be wary of any claims made by certain people.

Supra
Lex is master manipulator.
Master in most, if not all sciences.
and has even dabbed in magic a little.

Baring all his feats (Post crisis), I say he gets the edge.

Lex wins in prep banner gets mad, Hulk kills lex

you cant stop the hulk

StiltmanFTW
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5q7yusy0f1qzpkdyo1_500.jpg

laughing

Iron-man
It's not very large gap because seeing how Tony is one of the few people who beat Reed in Chess, about two times. Yes Reed is smarter, not vastly.

You know that ranks/comparison have more matter then feats itself do. It's not like Luthor becoming god is something that he could regularly do.

The leader hasn't stole the power of Beyonder, or Galactus. That doesn't mean The leader wasn't at Dr.Doom/Reed's level based on what World War Hulks have shown. Same thing with MODOK.

Lex isn't going to stomp the Current Banner, seeing how MODOK/THe Leader/Dr.Doom didn't squash Bruce. Seeing how Steel managed beat Luthor, shouldn't be impossible for Banner to do well.

Sure, but the feat itself is just as impressive as any pocket universe feat you could name. The fact that Hank Pym made a infinte large mansion that billions of Joscata bots, and could teleport anywhere in the universe is definitely up there with any high end Doom/Reed feat.

Shadow physics, where he combined magic and science which created dimension which track wakandan metal.

I am not so sure Reed/Doom maybe pocket dimensions out of nothing. It's not Reed/Doom are the only characters made some type of a pocket universe. Even if you do make one it doesn't nessaraily make you Reed/Doom level.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Supra
Lex wins in prep banner gets mad, Hulk kills lex

you cant stop the hulk

This is a prep fight, though.

abhilegend
Likewise rage, likewise. Certain things like "Thor was holding back."

Branlor Swift
Lex splashes some orange juice in Bruce's face and then shines light through a coil and turns Bruce's head into baby Bruce's head.

abhilegend
It's not very large gap because seeing how Tony is one of the few people who beat Reed in Chess, about two times. Yes Reed is smarter, not vastly. Beating Reed in chess means jackshit though.

I do. Lex is consistently referred as the most intelligent human on earth. Its his schtick in contrast to superman's "most powerful being" on earth. Banner isn't. That's right, but its useful on forums like these.

stick out tongue

But the same don't apply to someone like Lex? People in this thread were seriously arguing that Banner is outside Lex's league because he is a peer to doom and reed.

Quite true. Context bro. Steel has acknowledged that Lex is miles ahead to him in intelligence.

Nah bro, it was made clear that Reed was more intelligent than Pym and knew more about Pym particles than Pym himself.

They did. Name some characters who've made pocket universes and we shall talk about why they aren't reed/doom level.

Supra
This is a prep fight, though.

Which is why I said lex winssmile

Iron-man
Beating Reed in chess means jackshit though.
Sure it does, We know that Reed is versatility in the fields that he study, is not nessaraily a novice in a chess. The point is that Tony isn't too far way from Reed.

So you could prove that Lex is portrayed consistency smarter then every human on DC earth. A title isn't the same thing as compar

Being the "smartest" human in the world doesn't work when there is also other humans that rival Lex. If Lex has actually prove that he is smarter then everybody is what maters.

But Bruce could still hold his own people on Lex's level. There is no reason to think that

Even if Lex is a "peer", Doom hasn't actually stomp Bruce. So why should Lex?

That doesn't really change the point that Steel managed to figure how Lex's genetic powers worked, and managed to shut it down. The point is that you act like Lex would squah Bruce, I doubt it.

Reed claim he could knew more about, nobody really expanded it to the level that Pym himself did. Reed didn't actually discover pym particles ability to be a portable lab or pocket dimension. We already seen Reed and Hank Pym get into a little faceoff in the Mighty Avengers, it's not like Reed stomps Hank.

It's not fully clear they made their own dimension or just made own around a preexisting space. I don't understand why you discredit Hank Pym/Steel making one.

Maximus made just recently in Hickman's run new avengers.

Golgo13
I think TO Morrow, Humanite, Luthor, Chief, and Palmer are all in the same tier.

abhilegend
Sure it does, We know that Reed is versatility in the fields that he study, is not nessaraily a novice in a chess. The point is that Tony isn't too far way from Reed.

So you could prove that Lex is portrayed consistency smarter then every human on DC earth. A title isn't the same thing as compar

Being the "smartest" human in the world doesn't work when there is also other humans that rival Lex. If Lex has actually prove that he is smarter then everybody is what maters.

But Bruce could still hold his own people on Lex's level. There is no reason to think that

Even if Lex is a "peer", Doom hasn't actually stomp Bruce. So why should Lex?

That doesn't really change the point that Steel managed to figure how Lex's genetic powers worked, and managed to shut it down. The point is that you act like Lex would squah Bruce, I doubt it.

Reed claim he could knew more about, nobody really expanded it to the level that Pym himself did. Reed didn't actually discover pym particles ability to be a portable lab or pocket dimension. We already seen Reed and Hank Pym get into a little faceoff in the Mighty Avengers, it's not like Reed stomps Hank.

It's not fully clear they made their own dimension or just made own around a preexisting space. I don't understand why you discredit Hank Pym/Steel making one.

Maximus made just recently in Hickman's run new avengers.
OK. Agree to disagree. You agree that Lex would win here albeit not in a stomp, right?

Mshinu
Lex takes this more often than not.

The Sorrow
While that was impressive, it just shows that it can see there are more than one multiverse. It is just showing what people like Reed, Lex, Doom have already known via their research.
It's indicative of the level of tech Banner can create when he has the resources to back him up. They may or may not know there is more than one multiverse but designing a machine that can open up portals to and scan a near infinite amount of multiverses to find one person? Is more impressive than I have seen from Lex.

You didn't really answer my question.

Well the fact Banner outprepped the guy who outprepped Doom only makes Banner look better if anything. He used all of Earth's top geniuses like pawns, as far as prep feats go it's up there. Well, it's largely because of Pak's work that Banner is now seen as one of the top smart guys, in all fields, rather than just the expert in gamma radiation. This is the current status quo, Waid is having him outright punk Tony and invent the same kind of tech Reed does week in, week out now that he has similar level of resources at his disposal.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/119060/3033087-banner+vs+stark.png
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/ax007/AX007h_zpsbff62880.jpg

Understanding and using tech from other races is something the eggheads from Marvel Earth have done for years.

abhilegend
It's indicative of the level of tech Banner can create when he has the resources to back him up. They may or may not know there is more than one multiverse but designing a machine that can open up portals to and scan a near infinite amount of multiverses to find one person? Is more impressive than I have seen from Lex.

You didn't really answer my question.

Well the fact Banner outprepped the guy who outprepped Doom only makes Banner look better if anything. He used all of Earth's top geniuses like pawns, as far as prep feats go it's up there. Well, it's largely because of Pak's work that Banner is now seen as one of the top smart guys, in all fields, rather than just the expert in gamma radiation. This is the current status quo, Waid is having him outright punk Tony and invent the same kind of tech Reed does week in, week out now that he has similar level of resources at his disposal.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/119060/3033087-banner+vs+stark.png
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/ax007/AX007h_zpsbff62880.jpg

Understanding and using tech from other races is something the eggheads from Marvel Earth have done for years. Originally posted by abhilegend
OK. Agree to disagree. You agree that Lex would win here albeit not in a stomp, right?
Not interested anymore in this discussion bro. Agree to disagree.

Insane Titan
Usual bias aside from same posters, this is pretty close but Lex takes it

8swords
banner made hulk, a being of infinite strength, laughing out loud

maxivitopowe
Hulk was an accident

janus77
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Hulk was an accident
The ones he made under Aarons were no accident. Nor was the cure he created.

Nobody on Marvel Earth, including Reed, Stark and McCoy, could cure Hulk. Yet insane Banner did it. Whilst playing cat and mouse with Hulk.

Banner created the most powerful weapon on Marvel Earth, The Gamma Bomb.

maxivitopowe
Wouldn't the UN be?

MicCheck
Banner could of probably cured the Hulk since that's the one field he eclipses everyone else in.

That aside, after reading the thread twice nothing Banner has done would put him near Lex's league. Besides the usually peer to Reed and Doom shtick. Being a peer means that you're a fellow academic and not necessarily an equal. I don't consider Lex to be an equal to Doom and Reed in science, but he's a lot closer to them than Banner and Stark are.

I think TO Morrow, Humanite, Luthor, Chief, and Palmer are all in the same tier. They probably are, and most if not all of them are out of Banner's league.

God Cloth Seiya
Lex is smarter

Stoic
What kind of prep war is this exactly? I don't really care who is smarter, nor should it matter. Even if Lex is smarter, he wouldn't be dealing with some dummy. What are the ends of this prep war? What are they trying to do? Are they trying to see who can recite Mary Poppins the best? Are they going to come to blows once the prep is done? What?

Golgo13
Originally posted by MicCheck
Banner could of probably cured the Hulk since that's the one field he eclipses everyone else in.

That aside, after reading the thread twice nothing Banner has done would put him near Lex's league. Besides the usually peer to Reed and Doom shtick. Being a peer means that you're a fellow academic and not necessarily an equal. I don't consider Lex to be an equal to Doom and Reed in science, but he's a lot closer to them than Banner and Stark are.

They probably are, and most if not all of them are out of Banner's league.

Id rank palmer and chief ahead of Banner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.