SR:IV The Boss vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Fight takes place in the Virtual Steelport with no help or interference on either side, The Boss has Maxed Out powers, weapon stats, is fully leveled up, etc. You get it, the boss is at his best. (Shoulda put that in the first place.) Superman has all his powers and its normal modern-day Superman, and just to keep it fair, the fight takes place during the daytime. Who takes this and why?

Yamcha

WHAT.

The Boss...?

His Best......?

but The Boss is.....

SUPERMAN IS FIGHTING A TRANSEXUAL?!
http://i42.tinypic.com/2qwer0i.jpg

Yamcha
Whoops sorry I thought you meant The Boss from MGS3 (and was worried if this was the case stick out tongue) xD myyyyyy baaaad.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Yamcha

WHAT.

The Boss...?

His Best......?

but The Boss is.....

http://i42.tinypic.com/2qwer0i.jpg I laughed hard at this.

Jmanghan

WHAT.

The Boss...?

His Best......?

but The Boss is.....

http://i42.tinypic.com/2qwer0i.jpg

Fail.

Jmanghan
Whoops sorry I thought you meant The Boss from MGS3 (and was worried if this was the case stick out tongue) xD myyyyyy baaaad. Y U NO READ TITLE?!l

NemeBro
Uh, Superman, lol.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NemeBro
Uh, Superman, lol. The Boss has Super-Strength, Gliding, Super-Speed, Flame Augmenting, Mind Control, Telekinesis. He can throw Fireballs, and Freeze Enemies, and manipulate Gravity and Time.

Boss16
Originally posted by Jmanghan
The Boss has Super-Strength, Gliding, Super-Speed, Flame Augmenting, Mind Control, and Telekinesis. well superman has a penis thus the winner.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Boss16
well superman has a penis thus the winner. Yeah, but he doesn't grow balls till he becomes Prime 1 Million.

Nephthys
The Boss has Super-Strength, Gliding, Super-Speed, Flame Augmenting, Mind Control, Telekinesis. He can throw Fireballs, and Freeze Enemies, and manipulate Gravity and Time.

So?

Is there anything the Boss has that could so much as mess up Clarks hair?

NemeBro
The Boss has Super-Strength, Gliding, Super-Speed, Flame Augmenting, Mind Control, Telekinesis. He can throw Fireballs, and Freeze Enemies, and manipulate Gravity and Time. Superman has most of those, and to a far higher extent.

Nemesis X
The Boss has Super-Strength

His strength is on par with a guy who can pull the planet Earth?

Flying >>> Gliding

I'm pretty sure Superman is faster than him. Even Flash.

Superman has spent time in the center of the sun. Boss' fire powers won't do shit.

That only worked on those with weak will.

So Boss is throwing cars and pedestrians. Won't do much.

Fire won't do anything. Neither will freezing him 'cause there's no way he'll even hit him.

Played the game. It's not that impressive.

Since when? I played and beaten Saints Row IV and never saw that.

Yamcha
Y U NO READ TITLE?!l http://i39.tinypic.com/316vv2w.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/3493x4w.jpg

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nemesis X
His strength is on par with a guy who can pull the planet Earth?

Flying >>> Gliding

I'm pretty sure Superman is faster than him. Even Flash.

Superman has spent time in the center of the sun. Boss' fire powers won't do shit.

That only worked on those with weak will.

So Boss is throwing cars and pedestrians. Won't do much.

Fire won't do anything. Neither will freezing him 'cause there's no way he'll even hit him.

Played the game. It's not that impressive.

Since when? I played and beaten Saints Row IV and never saw that.

That was my fault, I re-played the game after posting this since I haven't played it in a while and realized there was no time stopping, that was my ignorance talking.

Also, you can't act like Boss will never even hit him. Hell, even batman is able to get a few good hits in without using battle armor, and Boss's strength is EASILY farrrr ahead of his without a doubt, because again, Superhero>Human. Plus, in game he demonstrates Martial Arts ability, yes, Superman knows 2 Kryptonian Martial Arts, but neither of these are PURE fighting ability.

Wei Phoenix
How are they not pure fighting ability?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
How are they not pure fighting ability? Because all he learned is how to teleport/instant transmission. That's about it. In pure fighting ability, he is a brawler.

Wei Phoenix
Because all he learned is how to teleport/instant transmission. That's about it. In pure fighting ability, he is a brawler.

Superman learned how to teleport when he learned Kryptonian MA?

cdtm
Alex Mercer would give Boss a good fight, imo, and he's nowhere near Supermans level..

Jmanghan
Superman learned how to teleport when he learned Kryptonian MA?

Yes, the Martial Arts he learned taught him to calm his mind and focus it, and he learned to teleport. It sounds ridiculous but true :/

Stealth Moose
The Boss hasn't displayed super strength on Supes' level, so this is clearly-one sided.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
The Boss hasn't displayed super strength on Supes' level, so this is clearly-one sided. He has weapons and other powers to back this up, plus being able to freeze supes in mid-air with his gravity stomp helps, plus using TK to throw Supes around, plus throwing huge semi trucks filled with anvils would help.

abhilegend
Do you know who superman is? Honestly?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by abhilegend
Do you know who superman is? Honestly?

I never specifically said that The Boss would win, I'm just saying he would give Supes a rough time is all, obviously Supes is in no way going to be able to stomp The Boss.

NemeBro
He would, actually.

He is strong enough to accidentally kill him.

cdtm
Truck filled with anvils.. We're talking about someone that takes a train running into him without budging an inch. Loaded truck won't do anything against a guy who could toss around mountains.

Utrigita
He would, actually.

thumb up

Superman drops a mountain on the Boss.

Jmanghan
He would, actually.

Yet he isn't strong enough to accidently kill Batman. Maybe in REALITY, but if we are talking Comic Book logic, which... Well, we have to, honestly, its Superman for christ sakes, and soon enough we won't be able to make the comic logic vs reality argument anymore due to the new Batman vs Superman movie, it will be Live-Action.

Also, Superman HAS beaten Batman to near-death, I'll admit that, but no Superhero can just easily defeat another Superhero with 1 or more of their own personal attributes, I mean c'mon, while The Boss has strength nowhere near Supes level, and his superspeed may be arguably less, he HAS the strength to at the very least Damage, and even block some of Supes attacks. We are talking about the boss who has just steam-rolled cars and taken bullets like nothing (If he is maxed out in level enough) and his stomp should contribute to the ass kicking, not to mention that The Boss' superior fighting (mostly the same as Supes, except for his Martial Arts background) I will agree with everyone and say Superman will win after a brief but tough fight.

Jmanghan
I forgot to mention his weaponry includes all of his weapons, you know, guns, melee, all that as well, so the Black Hole gun as well.

ScreamPaste
This is wrong, you are referring to PIS, plot induced stupidity to keep things interesting to read.

"And then Superman FTL backhands Batman" isn't fun to read unless you hate Batman.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
This is wrong, you are referring to PIS, plot induced stupidity to keep things interesting to read.

"And then Superman FTL backhands Batman" isn't fun to read unless you hate Batman.

I may have exaggerated a bit, all I'm saying is that this won't be a simple cakewalk, because not only does he have to deal with his superpower's, but his vast amount of weaponry and possibly even armor. (Shoulda given them both prep time)

NemeBro
Yet he isn't strong enough to accidently kill Batman. Maybe in REALITY, but if we are talking Comic Book logic, which... Well, we have to, honestly, its Superman for christ sakes, and soon enough we won't be able to make the comic logic vs reality argument anymore due to the new Batman vs Superman movie, it will be Live-Action.

Also, Superman HAS beaten Batman to near-death, I'll admit that, but no Superhero can just easily defeat another Superhero with 1 or more of their own personal attributes, I mean c'mon, while The Boss has strength nowhere near Supes level, and his superspeed may be arguably less, he HAS the strength to at the very least Damage, and even block some of Supes attacks. We are talking about the boss who has just steam-rolled cars and taken bullets like nothing (If he is maxed out in level enough) and his stomp should contribute to the ass kicking, not to mention that The Boss' superior fighting (mostly the same as Supes, except for his Martial Arts background) I will agree with everyone and say Superman will win after a brief but tough fight. Superman holds back on Batman.

Current Superman benched the Earth's weight for days on end.

He wins easily.

Jmanghan
Superman holds back on Batman.

Current Superman benched the Earth's weight for days on end.

He wins easily.

What about his TK? And his other-worldly weaponry such as the Black Hole Gun. I wouldn't be able to prove this, but there's still a chance of The Boss ragdolling Superman with TK involved, and we can't say that his punches will have NO EFFECT on Superman, as even Batman's punches have, and as I have pointed out, Bat's is a human, and The Boss is a legitimate Superhero with Legitimate Superpowers.

Yes, Superman holds back against Batman, but Batman's punches have a legitimate effect on him, even IF they don't do much damage, I mean, Superman's Durability is off the charts, but so is The Boss' if he is Maxed Out, though not nearly even close to Supes level, he should be able to take punishment for awhile as well as deal some out every once in a while during the fight. Sure, he isn't a world-lifter, or a Mountain Lifter, but I think its an understatement to say he could lift up a tank or a truck, and Strength like that can easily dish out some punishing blows to Supes, in the end, Superman wins with difficulty.

NemeBro
Telekinesis won't be able to hold back someone who can telekinetically move his own body faster than light.

Show me a single canon example of base Batman wounding Superman, lol.

The Black Hole Gun won't be fired in time.

Utrigita
Yet he isn't strong enough to accidently kill Batman.

The guy can split a mountain with a punch, unless I missed something Batman have nowhere near that level of durability. Not to mention that Superman can burn him to ash, freeze him, throw him into space. I think the Superman from Justice League animated series said it quite well

"I feel like I'm living in a world made of Cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone, never allowing myself to lose control not even for a moment or someone could die."

What the **** would it do anyway? curl his hair stick out tongue

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Utrigita
The guy can split a mountain with a punch, unless I missed something Batman have nowhere near that level of durability. Not to mention that Superman can burn him to ash, freeze him, throw him into space. I think the Superman from Justice League animated series said it quite well

"I feel like I'm living in a world made of Cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone, never allowing myself to lose control not even for a moment or someone could die."

What the **** would it do anyway? curl his hair stick out tongue

Kill Him... With a black hole. I don't recall Supes being able to survive a Black Hole .-. Maybe Superman Prime 1 Million could, but base Supes would die.

Jmanghan
Telekinesis won't be able to hold back someone who can telekinetically move his own body faster than light.

Show me a single canon example of base Batman wounding Superman, lol.

If he gets caught in Boss' TK, he will ragdoll Supes for a bit.

Would a cartoon clip count? I know there is a time in The Superman/Batman movie where Batman punched Supes or threw him or something, though I can't remember :P

IF, and only IF, it is fired in time, Supes would be done, just like that.

NemeBro
If he gets caught in Boss' TK, he will ragdoll Supes for a bit.

He will not.

No, a cartoon would not count against comic Superman.

What has this Black Hole Gun done that should impress me?

Phanteros
TK didn't save Manchester Black from being slapped around like a *****. A black hole wouldn't do shit to someone who survived in one.

Wei Phoenix
Kill Him... With a black hole. I don't recall Supes being able to survive a Black Hole .-. Maybe Superman Prime 1 Million could, but base Supes would die.

Superman has bee inside of a double black hole.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1333275-superman_speed_of_light.jpg

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/938/untitled152oe8eq.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/135831/2629682-lightspeedot9.jpg

Jmanghan
He will not.

So, what you are saying is, EVEN IF The Boss catches him with TK, he won't really be able to do anything to Supes with it?

No, a cartoon would not count against comic Superman.

Fair Enough, Then, Canonically, no, I can't prove Base Batman has ever damaged Superman.

What has this Black Hole Gun done that should impress me?

It... y'know spawns a Black Hole in the middle of the street .-. If game mechanics weren't involved, it sucks everything up and destroys it inside the Black Hole, because thats what Black Holes do, regardless of what type of Being they are.

As I said, I KNOW for a fact Superman wins here, I'm just trying to defend the fact that it wouldn't be an effortless stomp. For example, I'm sure The Boss could most certainly pick up something much bigger then a tank or a semi truck, those punches to Supes ARE going to hurt him, its not just gonna be a one-punch K.O. either, because, like Supes, The Boss can take EXPLOSIONS without so much as flinching if leveled up enough. He super-speeds and runs through Cars like nothing, so his Durability is VERY high, this includes Semi Trucks and even sometimes Tanks. And if his powers aren't enough, he has a vast array of otherworldly weaponry and earth weaponry at his disposal, including an energy sword that will definitely cut Supes if he gets hit with it, a Black Hole Gun, and a 'Merica Weapon, which has flamethrowers, Rapid-Fire missiles, and Bullets bigger then Shotgun shells.

Jmanghan
Superman has bee inside of a double black hole.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/1333275-superman_speed_of_light.jpg

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/938/untitled152oe8eq.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/135831/2629682-lightspeedot9.jpg The writers obviously confused a Black Hole with a worm hole, a black hole leads to NOTHINGNESS, a wormhole is basically like a portal of some kind (But it would most likely kill a human being)

Though this is comic book logic, so they call the shots, I'm just saying, in reality, a black hole would've killed Supes pretty quick.

Not saying that your point is moot, I'm just saying that going by that is very unrealistic, because anything short of God would pretty much be destroyed within a Black Hole.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by ScreamPaste

Profile'd. I don't hate Batman, but the idea of a FTL backhand is just mentally rewarding.

Also, this thread is nonsense. The Boss doesn't have anything to contend with Supes on any level.

Wei Phoenix
The writers obviously confused a Black Hole with a worm hole, a black hole leads to NOTHINGNESS, a wormhole is basically like a portal of some kind (But it would most likely kill a human being)

Though this is comic book logic, so they call the shots, I'm just saying, in reality, a black hole would've killed Supes pretty quick.

Not saying that your point is moot, I'm just saying that going by that is very unrealistic, because anything short of God would pretty much be destroyed within a Black Hole.

In reality, someone shooting a black hole gun would kill themselves.

ScreamPaste
In reality, someone shooting a black hole gun would kill themselves. Depends I guess. A Black hole can actually be pretty small, it just won't last very long, and ironically, will glow at smaller sizes because it's gravity isn't strong enough to prevent the escape of light.

The act of firing one should come with recoil equivalent to the energy required to move it, assuming normal propellent, but if the recoil issue is solved you're basically just shooting super dense bullets.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Profile'd. I don't hate Batman, but the idea of a FTL backhand is just mentally rewarding.

Also, this thread is nonsense. The Boss doesn't have anything to contend with Supes on any level. He has Superpowers. Super Strength, Super-Speed, TK, Fire blasts, Ice Blasts, Mind Control, Gliding, Flame Augmentation, Ice Augmentation, Gravity Stomps. A vast array of earth and otherworldly weaponry, RPG's, Black Hole Gun, Energy Swords, Air Strikes, Alien Machine Guns (Basically Blaster Rifles), A Huge Laser, and having H2H Martial Arts helps too.

Nephthys
None of those superpowers or weapons are powerful enough to affect Superman though.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
None of those superpowers or weapons are powerful enough to affect Superman though.

thumb up

This is a total mismatch. Supes can fly to the sun and back before the Boss can blink. There is no contest here. Boss kicks a car and he barely tumbles over. Supes can benchpress Earth, tank blackholes, no-sell bullets, etc.

This is like sand-blasting a soup cracker.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.