The most skilled swordfighter in all of History

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
When I mean "History" I'm counting fiction too, who in all that you've read, is the MOST skilled swordsman/swordwoman in history, fiction, real-life, or otherwise. Try to make a top 10 if you can.

FinalAnswer
samurai

Tzeentch
samurai jack

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Tzeentch
samurai jack Oh, I forgot to mention, it can include supernatural swordsman/swordwomen as well, such as Sephiroth, Ichigo Kurosaki, Link, and Even Sora, to even Harry Potter at the end of the second movie of the harry potter movies, whoever has held a sword in their hand and used it in combat counts, everyone, fictional superpowers, real-life people, Ezio, Altair, and any of the famous Assassin's would count here too, just name the best person to ever successfully wield a sword in history. They don't NEED to be important, just REALLY friggen AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG with a sword.

Supra
All Hail Sephiroth

Nephthys
Probably some sort of Sword Saint or something. Someone so good with swords that they get superpowers.

Mifune from Soul Eater for instance.

Wei Phoenix
Me.

NemeBro
Redguard swordsmen from the Elder Scrolls were so skilled with their absurdly sharp blades that they could cut atoms in half and start nuclear explosions.

Boss16
Trunks, ichigo, me.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by NemeBro
Redguard swordsmen from the Elder Scrolls were so skilled with their absurdly sharp blades that they could cut atoms in half and start nuclear explosions.

Sounds pretty suicidal to me. It's like firing a Lasgun at a Holtzman shield.

Nephthys

Thats ****ing retarded.

ares834
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Sounds pretty suicidal to me. It's like firing a Lasgun at a Holtzman shield.

It is.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Thats ****ing retarded.

It is. Although, it is a magical technique of some sort.

Anyway, I don't think there is much to say Redguard Swordsingers are better than, say, Samurai Jack.

Q99
Vilma, aka Caerula Sanguis from Battle Angel Alita. She's.... incredibly good. I'd take her over Jack.

Now, that's just talking skill. There are more *powerful*, but that's not quite the same thing.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ares834

Anyway, I don't think there is much to say Redguard Swordsingers are better than, say, Samurai Jack. Other than creating nuclear explosions with the precision of their swordplay?

ares834
Other than creating nuclear explosions with the precision of their swordplay?

How does that mean they can keep up with Jack?

NemeBro
How does that mean they can keep up with Jack? By swinging their swords with such precision that a nuclear explosion happens.

Also, I assumed this wasn't a versus thread. Because if it was, why not just give Superman a sword and proclaim him the best? Because Superman with a pocket knife is still far more powerful than anyone who has been mentioned in this thread.

ares834
Well, creating the explosion kills themselves as well.

And I wasn't meaning to make this into a vs. thread, but rather I was merely pointing out that knowing such a technique does not make them the greatest swordsmen. It does't mean they are incredibly fast, strong, or even extraordinarily skilled. Rather they just have very sharp blades. After all, I can't recall the technique ever being actually detailed so we can't say they were targeting a specific atom.

BloodRain
Kosaka Shigure. If not, worth the mention.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nephthys
Thats ****ing retarded. We agree on something, sound the trumpets.

Nephthys
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3591700/q-star-treek-trumpet-o.gif

NemeBro
Well, creating the explosion kills themselves as well.

Based on?

It means they have the precise swordplay necessary to cut atoms in half.

Yamcha
http://i40.tinypic.com/2f04yfr.jpg

ares834
Based on?

Based on this:

'"As should this," Cyrus said, moving to the Pankratosword.

Vivec paused longer. And then he laughed loud. "You would not!"

"I say again, test me."

"You would destroy the home of your ancestors even more? And in the fashion that they had done, which is now forbidden in your hands?"

Cyrus didn't move from his stance.

"All for an Opal which you could never thereafter spend?"

"You would be finished," Cyrus said. "And I would be rid of the one who shamed me. So why wouldn't I? You shouldn't have sent your saints to me, Ansu-Gurleht. I am not much like them at all."

"Cut the atomos and you die, too."'

It means they have the precise swordplay necessary to cut atoms in half.

How is it precise if they aren't even aiming for a specific atom? The simple fact is we don't know how they do it. Heck, they may not even be able to do it.

NemeBro
Vivec was obviously wrong.

You are aware that the human eye can't normally perceive or interact with atoms, right?

Nephthys
Based on?

..... the fact that no Redguard swordsman can survive a ****ing atomic blast no matter how skilled they are?

ares834
Vivec was obviously wrong.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Concession accepted.

You are aware that the human eye can't normally perceive or interact with atoms, right?

Yes... So? My point was we don't know if they are aiming for certain atoms or merely blindingly swinging their swords. If the latter, it is certainly not an act of precision.

NemeBro
Prove that Vivec had any idea of what he was talking about.

How would their ability to cut atoms in half be known if anyone who did it died?

It is obviously not the latter, since only the greatest of all Swordsingers could accomplish this feat.

Also, Nephthys, TES is a magical universe of great power. Sufficiently powerful magicians can create mathematical formulas proving that someone does not exist, and then imposing that will upon them. Their capabilities are not the same as our own.

ares834
Prove that Vivec had any idea of what he was talking about.

It's certainly more evidence than anything that suggest they could survive a nuclear explosion to the face.

How would their ability to cut atoms in half be known if anyone who did it died?

Or they never used the technique. After all, the only known instance of its use was supposed to be what caused Yokuda to be devastated.

It is obviously not the latter, since only the greatest of all Swordsingers could accomplish this feat.

Or they were the only ones who could use the proper technique to do so. The simple fact is, we don't know.

NemeBro
And why would they assume that swordsmen cut atoms in half to cause nuclear explosions unless that is what actually happened?

Come on man, that'd be stupid.

ares834
And why would they assume that swordsmen cut atoms in half to cause nuclear explosions unless that is what actually happened?

That is what happens. However, nothing suggests they could somehow survive it.

Edit: Ah, my last post was worded badly. I didn't mean to say that the Redguards never used the move but rather that not everyone that knew the move had to have used it.

Supra
1. Sephiroth/Jenova
2. Cloud Tied
3. Angeal
4. Genesis
5. Trunks
6. Ichigo
7. Link
9. SS
10. Deathstoke
11. Samurai Jack
12. Lancelot

In no particular order, Just some of my favorites.

NemeBro
That is what happens. However, nothing suggests they could somehow survive it.

Edit: Ah, my last post was worded badly. I didn't mean to say that the Redguards never used the move but rather that not everyone that knew the move had to have used it. I accept your apology. thumb up

They survived it by managing to tell the tales of doing so.

Jmanghan
By swinging their swords with such precision that a nuclear explosion happens.

Also, I assumed this wasn't a versus thread. Because if it was, why not just give Superman a sword and proclaim him the best? Because Superman with a pocket knife is still far more powerful than anyone who has been mentioned in this thread.

I read this and immediately thought of the "Sword of Superman" :P

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Supra
1. Sephiroth/Jenova
2. Cloud Tied
3. Angeal
4. Genesis
5. Trunks
6. Ichigo
7. Link
9. SS
10. Deathstoke
11. Samurai Jack
12. Lancelot

You are supposed to put most skilled, not your favorite.

Jmanghan
Based on?

Don't nuclear explosions... Y'know... DESTROY everything around them?

Also, if someone successfully managed to cut an atom in real life, it wouldn't turn out too well.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Supra
1. Sephiroth/Jenova
2. Cloud Tied
3. Angeal
4. Genesis
5. Trunks
6. Ichigo
7. Link
9. SS
10. Deathstoke
11. Samurai Jack
12. Lancelot

First off, it's common knowledge that Sephiroth is naturally superior to Cloud, and has held back in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT against him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.