SEALS vs Delta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Fat Rambo
LT and his team of Seals (Tears of the Sun) versus the Delta operatives (Black Hawk Down.)

LT and his team have all the weapons and gear they had in their movie.

Delta has all their weapons and gear they had in their movie (no Blackhawks or ground vehicles though, only what they could carry on them.) I forget how many Delta's were in the movie, so let's say it is even numbers. I believe LT had 7 SEALS, so 7 Deltas. The best of them obviously.

Fight takes place in the same city Delta and the Rangers fought in, team deathmatch style.

Supra
Delta wipes them out

The Fat Rambo
Maybe. Stealth goes to the SEALS.

Supra
You said Team Death Match Style.

Delta wipes them out

My lil brother is a seal, He's a seal and Im proud of him, but even he looks up to Delta force.

GodBless them all

Lestov16
TBF, they never stated what group the TOTS SEALs belonged to, so it is entirely possible that they were ST6, making them tier one operators like Delta

Supra
Delta is still > ST6

The Fat Rambo
Originally posted by Supra
You said Team Death Match Style.

Delta wipes them out

My lil brother is a seal, He's a seal and Im proud of him, but even he looks up to Delta force.

GodBless them all You make it sound like the SEALS will be ***** slapped here. Hardly. Silk was every bit as good a sniper as Shugart and Gordon, plus he had a suppressor.

Stealth is key here, and the SEALS have it in spades.

Supra
Originally posted by The Fat Rambo
You make it sound like the SEALS will be ***** slapped here. Hardly. Silk was every bit as good a sniper as Shugart and Gordon, plus he had a suppressor.

Stealth is key here, and the SEALS have it in spades.

Didn't the whole seal team get wiped out? Not much stealth imo. They got wrecked by superior force aggression which is what delta is.

You said same city as BHD, Delta is the Tier 1 Team for Urban Pacification and counter terrorism operation inside cities of high population.

Seals are Tier 1 For jungle warfare and stealth operations.

Seals go down.

The Fat Rambo
Didn't the whole seal team get wiped out? Not much stealth imo. They got wrecked by superior force aggression which is what delta is.

You said same city as BHD, Delta is the Tier 1 Team for Urban Pacification and counter terrorism operation inside cities of high population.

Seals are Tier 1 For jungle warfare and stealth operations.

Seals go down. Lol, they were up against an army of hundreds, if not thousands, on said army's home field. Also, said army had an informant with a tracking device in LT's group. They lost 4 men because they had an entire village of slow moving natives with them. They did damn good considering the odds they faced.

SEALS can fight just as well in the city as they can in the jungle. Don't be stupid.

Supra
Lol, they were up against an army of hundreds, if not thousands, on said army's home field. Also, said army had an informant with a tracking device in LT's group. They lost 4 men because they had an entire village of slow moving natives with them. They did damn good considering the odds they faced.

SEALS can fight just as well in the city as they can in the jungle. Don't be stupid.

Im just stating facts, no reason to name call. Delta was up against 1000's, seals were up against against a pack of guerrillas numbered about 100 people or less.

Just watch the movie again and you will see Delta is Superior

Even at the end of the movie delta operator was going back in to fight on his own, "wait I can come with you" hoot "no I work better on my own."

Seals Call is Sea Air And Land

Halo into the Sea> aggress stealy into the jungle, jungle warfare

Delta is Swat, Massive Force with extreme skill and accuracy inside a highly populated city.

The Fat Rambo
Im just stating facts, no reason to name call. Delta was up against 1000's, seals were up against against a pack of guerrillas numbered about 100 people or less.

Just watch the movie again and you will see Delta is Superior

Even at the end of the movie delta operator was going back in to fight on his own, "wait I can come with you" hoot "no I work better on my own."

Seals Call is Sea Air And Land

Halo into the Sea> aggress stealy into the jungle, jungle warfare

Delta is Swat, Massive Force with extreme skill and accuracy inside a highly populated city.

SEALS were up against a few hundred, AND had the natives in tow.

Delta? Let's see, they were far greater in number. Also, they had constant Ranger ground/air support. And the skinnies were simply civilians with guns, they were not trained as the enemies in Tears of the sun. Point goes to the SEALS.

Yeah, so I guess in an urban environment the SEALS are useless. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Supra
SEALS were up against a few hundred, AND had the natives in tow.

Delta? Let's see, they were far greater in number. Also, they had constant Ranger ground/air support. And the skinnies were simply civilians with guns, they were not trained as the enemies in Tears of the sun. Point goes to the SEALS.

Yeah, so I guess in an urban environment the SEALS are useless. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You have your points I have mine, my brother is a seal, Im a marine and we have both worked with Delta. I know there capabilities and there strengths and weaknesses..

Go watch Lone Survivor, you might like it
Godspeed

The Fat Rambo
You have your points I have mine, my brother is a seal, Im a marine and we have both worked with Delta. I know there capabilities and there strengths and weaknesses..

Godspeed This is not real life, dude, this is movie feats.

Supra
This is not real life, dude, this is movie feats.

Seals got wiped out, Delta went back for more.
Thats screen feats.

The Fat Rambo
Seals got wiped out, Delta went back for more.
Thats screen feats. And we circle back to this again? Already countered that.

Fact: More Delta's died than SEAL's. How you like them screen feats?

Supra
And we circle back to this again? Already countered that.

Fact: More Delta's died than SEAL's. How you like them screen feats?

3-4 Delta died I think vs a whole city on top of them, Delta went back for more solo action, seals ran across the border

Delta>Seals

If you had given the seals a jungle warfare mission as TOTS or Act of Valor

Seals>Delta

The Fat Rambo
3-4 Delta died I think vs a whole city on top of them, Delta went back for more solo action, seals ran across the border

Delta>Seals

If you had given the seals a jungle warfare mission as TOTS or Act of Valor

Seals>Delta

3-4 Delta died, OK. Same for the SEAL's. In the end, LT, Red, Flea and Doc were left alive. 7 to start with, 4 left over, 3 died.

Delta: Had constant support from dozens of Rangers and Blackhawks. And yeah, they went out for more action AFTER they went back to base, refreshed, rearmed, and got a hot meal. AND their enemies were literally untrained natives.

SEAL's: Had only themselves to count on. Were denied air support throughout the whole movie. Had dozens of slow moving men, women and children with them. And they still got the job done against a trained enemy ARMY, not CIVILIANS, on the enemies home field.

Screen feats go to the SEAL's.

Supra
3-4 Delta died, OK. Same for the SEAL's. In the end, LT, Red, Flea and Doc were left alive. 7 to start with, 4 left over, 3 died.

Delta: Had constant support from dozens of Rangers and Blackhawks. And yeah, they went out for more action AFTER they went back to base, refreshed, rearmed, and got a hot meal. AND their enemies were literally untrained natives.

SEAL's: Had only themselves to count on. Were denied air support throughout the whole movie. Had dozens of slow moving men, women and children with them. And they still got the job done against a trained enemy ARMY, not CIVILIANS, on the enemies home field.

Screen feats go to the SEAL's.

Refreshed was 20 minutes of grabbing ammo and eating a salad after a 3 day gun fight with the whole city ontop of them? Then they go back in solo?

Cmon man be reasonable here. Every seal movie including this one seals always get wrecked. Thats there job, do the job no one else wants to...

Op said nothing about the women and children having anything to do with this fight.

"Fight takes place in the same city Delta and the Rangers fought in, team deathmatch style."

Nothing about women and children. If you wanna talk about dead weight then talk about all the people delta was jumping in to save when they didn't have too.

Lestov16
Delta went back for more.

Because they had near-20 Rangers to be human flak jackets for them. You think if it was just those 4 Delta operatives against the entirety of the Mog, they would have made it? Based on screenfeats, the SEALS seem more elite.

Also, as far as going back for more, when TOTS began, the SEALS were just coming back from a mission but went to Nigeria for more. So the same could apply.

Supra
Originally posted by Lestov16
Because they had near-20 Rangers to be human flak jackets for them. You think if it was just those 4 Delta operatives against the entirety of the Mog, they would have made it? Based on screenfeats, the SEALS seem more elite.

Also, as far as going back for more, when TOTS began, the SEALS were just coming back from a mission but went to Nigeria for more. So the same could apply.

No no, not what Im saying, the ranger leader asked to go back in with hoot and he said "no, I work better on my own"

To me that says the rangers are a bunch of idiots like shown as they were the cause of the whole first black hawk down..Delta needs to be left alone to do their work.

Re watch the delta leaders in the meeting with the general everyone else is pissing and moaning, delta says "I didn't say a word sir"

Lestov16
I understand they conducted themselves in a consummate professional manner, and I don't doubt that Hoot and his boys could kick some ass, but

1) the TOTS seals conducted themselves in an equally professional manner

2) It was the TOTS SEALS who were relied on to perform the covert extraction of the doctor. You think they would have been chosen for such a high stakes mission if they weren't superlative?

3) The SEALS have feats of taking on literally entire armies by themselves, whereas Hoot and his boys needed help from the Rangers

I understand Hoot looked like a pro compared to the amatuer Rangers, but A.K Waters and the SEALS definitely weren't amateurs like the Rangers. They conducted themselves just as elite as Hoot. Again, based on what I've seen in TOTS, although it wasn't stated directly, I highly believe A.K. Waters and his boys were Tier 1 ST6, and based on screenfeats, I think they would beat the BHD CAG unit as well.

OT, I would hate to have a SEAL brother. How do you escape a noogie?

Supra

OT, I would hate to have a SEAL brother. How do you escape a noogie?

Being older, bigger and a combat vetsmile I respect him for his service as he does for mine. He is above me in every way as a trained seal however, I been in numerous combat actions in Iraq and Afghanistan so he respects that and me walking away in one piece.

There is a saying in the military, its one thing to train for combat, its entirely another to actually have rounds going over your head

Hoot said it best "Y'know what I think? Don't really matter what I think. Once that first bullet goes past your head, politics and all that shit just goes right out the window."

He was dead on

Godspeed brother, keep it real

Lestov16
You're a military veteran? I salute you, sir smile

I respect anybody who serves in the military (except those rapists of female recruits, and the guys who shoot up innocent villages). But seriously, your bravery is honored.

Supra
You're a military veteran? I salute you, sir smile

I respect anybody who serves in the military (except those rapists of female recruits, and the guys who shoot up innocent villages). But seriously, your bravery is honored.

My unit had to replace those guys who shot up the innocent villagers and we got the backlash for it and we didn't even do it..I detested them.

Lestov16
Sometimes there's a bad apple. Either way, I don't care about what one ******* did. I'm just in awe of the brave strides and life-threatening risks you made in service of the country. Again, you have my honor, respect, and gratitude.

Supra
Sometimes there's a bad apple. Either way, I don't care about what one ******* did. I'm just in awe of the brave strides and life-threatening risks you made in service of the country. Again, you have my honor, respect, and gratitude.

We all have our calling and from what you told me you are doing a fine job with yours helping those in need. There is honor in your work. Know that. A caretaker is that which is such. You take care in those in need.

Lestov16
Thank you. I just do what must be done, just as you've done. Again, your compassion is indescribable and the life-threatening risks you went through will always be honored and cherished. smile

Enough of the sentimentality though, back on topic. I see A.K replicating Hoot's job more than I see Hoot and his crew replicating A.K's.

Supra
Thank you. I just do what must be done, just as you've done. Again, your compassion is indescribable and the life-threatening risks you went through will always be honored and cherished. smile

Enough of the sentimentality though, back on topic. I see A.K replicating Hoot's job more than I see Hoot and his crew replicating A.K's.

From what you have told me about yourself I can see why you have more to side with A.K for and since you know a little more about me you can understand why I have more in line with Hoot.

A.K went above the call of duty and risked the lives of himself and others to protect those in need as you are in that situation in real life.

Hoot is just doing what he has to to clean the mess up which he didn't even start as I have been in that situation in real life before.

I see your points. Now we have to find someway to agree to disagreesmile

Lestov16
I believe we just did laughing out loud

Supra
I believe we just did laughing out loud

Welcome to my friends listsmile

Lestov16
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd309/HTBrown1953/KoolAidOhYeahman.gif

You will be added to mine as well.

The Fat Rambo
Refreshed was 20 minutes of grabbing ammo and eating a salad after a 3 day gun fight with the whole city ontop of them? Then they go back in solo?

Cmon man be reasonable here. Every seal movie including this one seals always get wrecked. Thats there job, do the job no one else wants to...

Op said nothing about the women and children having anything to do with this fight.

"Fight takes place in the same city Delta and the Rangers fought in, team deathmatch style."

Nothing about women and children. If you wanna talk about dead weight then talk about all the people delta was jumping in to save when they didn't have too.
Solo? Dude, they had dozens of Rangers suporting them, along with blackhawks, choppers doing strafing runs, armored Humvees, AND the entire Pakistani army. SEAL's? No support whatsoever.

Yet over half of LT's team survived.......

Huh? Dude, the fact that the SEAL's had dozens of natives in tow AND still accomplished their mission is a testament to their badassery. It's a screen feat that surpasses the Delta's.

Yes, TDM style.....Think about it......SEAL's will have a constant UAV/Orbital VSAT the entire time, along with a suppressed sniper, an LMGer, and the advantage of being far superior in stealth.

Supra
Solo? Dude, they had dozens of Rangers suporting them, along with blackhawks, choppers doing strafing runs, armored Humvees, AND the entire Pakistani army. SEAL's? No support whatsoever.

Yet over half of LT's team survived.......

Huh? Dude, the fact that the SEAL's had dozens of natives in tow AND still accomplished their mission is a testament to their badassery. It's a screen feat that surpasses the Delta's.

Yes, TDM style.....Think about it......SEAL's will have a constant UAV/Orbital VSAT the entire time, along with a suppressed sniper, an LMGer, and the advantage of being far superior in stealth.

Calm down Jedi

The Fat Rambo
Calm down Jedi Ah, the sweet smell of your concession.

Edit: SEAL's had two snipers with suppressors, and they were more impressive than Shugart and Gordon. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.