Is there any new anime that's better than DBZ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
Is there any new anime better than DBZ?

BloodRain
Seeing as DBZ was great for its time, as its action, plot etc doesn't really stand up to modern anime.. yes.

cdtm
DBZ's either vastly underrated, or vastly overrated, depending on who's talking. But personally, I think it's pretty genius for what it is.. It's basically the professional wrestling of anime/manga, right down to the face/heel dynamic and hype and promos before the matches. Perfect for the power trip junkie that just wants to see stuff blown and awesome over the top fights, just for the sake of it all.

JayDaDon
Better in what way?

TheTyrant
Dragon Ball sucks, so yes.

atv2
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Better in what way?

In terms of action and plot. So far it's been the best. I want to know if there is any new anime to top it. Alot of the anime that I have seen are either to short, or the main plot gets intervened by filler(Like Bleach). Speaking of Bleach, it had alot of potential after reading through the manga but things tend to get drawn out way too much. Then there's berserk, they just wait a long time to get anywhere with their series, We got the movies and they finally got out of the eclipse but how long did that take? About 15 years to get to that point. I like DBZ Battle of the Gods and I hope that there will be more episodes to come but it would be good to have some variety in the anime that could bring out a similar sensation as DBZ.

Bentley
Personally I think that One Piece is mostly similar to what DBZ was in spirit, but evades many of the glaring flaws that went on in the DB series such as power levels making previous characters useless. Cannot really say that OP is better at everything, but I do find it better in most ways that matter.

JayDaDon
Always wanted to get into One piece but Jesus that's would be an ordeal. So many episodes...

JayDaDon
In terms of a new Shonen to truly pick up the baton of DBZ, Bleach IMO came the closest from what I've seen, but lost steam. Naruto is...different from DBZ. Doesn't really fill the same role. I wish they'd turn the Breaker into an anime, that would be the shit.

Kento
Originally posted by cdtm
DBZ's either vastly underrated, or vastly overrated, depending on who's talking. But personally, I think it's pretty genius for what it is.. It's basically the professional wrestling of anime/manga, right down to the face/heel dynamic and hype and promos before the matches. Perfect for the power trip junkie that just wants to see stuff blown and awesome over the top fights, just for the sake of it all. They already had that with something else. Kinnikuman. xD

NemeBro
Not very many mangas approach DBZ's quality of action, but plot?

Yes, there are better manga and anime, especially outside of Shounen.

Q99
<Not serious> Well, GT had an even higher power level, so obviously....

Astner
As much as I'll hate myself for saying this I think that the Death Note anime would appeal to more people than Dragon Ball.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
<Not serious> Well, GT had an even higher power level, so obviously....

Imma pretend you were serious for a moment...

http://www.livememe.com/uaodiap.jpg

Q99
Ah, but he also lifted a city, a much higher strength feat than anything in Z!

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Q99
Ah, but he also lifted a city, a much higher strength feat than anything in Z!

Except for Goku lifting 600 octillion tons with one hand in base form effortlessly. thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
Personally I think that One Piece is mostly similar to what DBZ was in spirit, but evades many of the glaring flaws that went on in the DB series such as power levels making previous characters useless. Cannot really say that OP is better at everything, but I do find it better in most ways that matter.

In DBZ and anime that follow the power scaling formula, Whitebeard would have soloed the Whitebeard War without a scratch. And it would have been so boring compared to the epic last stand we got.

Yeah, power in One Piece matters, but even the top power isn't invincible.

SSJGGogeta
I think that DBZ is still one of the best anime/manga of all time. It really set the bar for quality in Shonen series. However, it's all a matter of opinion. IMO, I think there are multiple anime/manga that are much better than DBZ, all relatively to very new series.

The first one that I think really surpassed DBZ in terms of plot, storyline, character depth, meaningfulness, and overall quality, was Naruto. The manga, not the anime(the Pein fight in the anime killed it for me, it was disgusting). It's just such an emotional and heart-wrenching series with great action tied in, that it really went above and beyond the expectations for people that had really not payed attention to manga before, and I think might have been one of the defining series that classified manga and anime as a whole. If you go to people on the street and ask them what their favorite anime or manga is, chances are that if they don't say "what's anime?", they'll say something along the lines of DBZ or Naruto.

There's also a few other series, but they don't compare to the crown jewel I have in mind.

Attack on Titan, or Shingeki No Kyojin. IMO, that is the best anime/manga series of all time. It just has SUCH a great storyline and plot with the mixture of hopelessness, despair, action and sadness that it just makes the viewer go through intense emotions that can honestly make grown men cry. With that and the depth of the characters, the uniqueness of the anime as a whole, it definitely deserves a spot in at least the top three anime/manga series of all time.

Of course though, if that type of thing's not your cup of tea, there's also amazing series like One Punch Man(which I have to thank Q99 for introducing me to). It's probably one of the most hilarious and comical things I've seen in years, yet it also has the action that most anime/manga fans crave in their favorite series. If you haven't checked it or Attack on Titan out, I highly suggest you do, as they along with Naruto are without a doubt, at least IMO, the best series(yes, not just anime or manga series) that I have ever seen or heard of. thumb up

yungz22
One i think thats better is YYH it kind of had a few dbz like elements in terms of power levels and things like that but to me overall the characters in the show were more complex especially the villains. Each had interesting back stories and complex mindsets especially toguro in the end no one could really tell how his mind works it really made for great story telling. Not to mention the action is stupendous anyone remember when raizen possesed yusuke(epic badassness) or when hei sliced that demon 16 times in a second or something like that.

I feel like dbz will always be legendary for nostaligic purposes. Dbz was great but overall as we got older and our minds matured im pretty sure we realized that the story got worse and worse as it continued. I personally think it should have ended with the frieza saga. Cell saga at the latest. ( kid buu still awesome though) even toriyama stated he didnt like how the last saga was written. This is due to the editors wanting him to continue it in an effort to make money.

I liked naruto in the begining a whole lot but like dbz as the story continued my love for the once great anime diminished. Recently its been losing alot of fan base because of the story. You can tell this by its recent sales numbers dropping.

The same goes for bleach too. I feel like it should have ended with aizen. That full bringer arc was horrible to me they sucked (the sternritters are cool though)

Its really all about what your looking for in an anime. If you only like violence and explosions and dont care too much about the story dbz is gonna be hard to beat.

chasedown
Mobile suit Gundam 00 nuff said rock

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by yungz22
One i think thats better is YYH it kind of had a few dbz like elements in terms of power levels and things like that but to me overall the characters in the show were more complex especially the villains. Each had interesting back stories and complex mindsets especially toguro in the end no one could really tell how his mind works it really made for great story telling. Not to mention the action is stupendous anyone remember when raizen possesed yusuke(epic badassness) or when hei sliced that demon 16 times in a second or something like that.

I feel like dbz will always be legendary for nostaligic purposes. Dbz was great but overall as we got older and our minds matured im pretty sure we realized that the story got worse and worse as it continued. I personally think it should have ended with the frieza saga. Cell saga at the latest. ( kid buu still awesome though) even toriyama stated he didnt like how the last saga was written. This is due to the editors wanting him to continue it in an effort to make money.

I liked naruto in the begining a whole lot but like dbz as the story continued my love for the once great anime diminished. Recently its been losing alot of fan base because of the story. You can tell this by its recent sales numbers dropping.

The same goes for bleach too. I feel like it should have ended with aizen. That full bringer arc was horrible to me they sucked (the sternritters are cool though)

Its really all about what your looking for in an anime. If you only like violence and explosions and dont care too much about the story dbz is gonna be hard to beat.

Eh, YYH was garbage. Way to old school, in terms of animation, action and plot. The only "cool" character in it was the black dragon dude.

Akira Toriyama never like manga period. Of course he didn't like the latest saga. He said he loved BOTG's though, and was really happy with it.

EVERY manga is losing sales recently. Simply because they can almost all be found online. Naruto is still above One Piece and Bleach though. Also, how can you think it's getting worse? The story has just been progressing, to the point where you can get a feel for the entire story and get a legit conclusion. I mean, imagine if Dragon Ball ended when Kid Goku killed King Piccolo.

Bleach is getting MUCH better, though the fullbring arc was garbage.

Just refer to my comment though.

NemeBro
Your taste in anime is pretty suspect.

Naruto is worse than ever my son.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by NemeBro

Naruto is worse than ever my son. I think he's one of those dudes who think EPIC FIGHTS = good fights and good plot. Dragon Ball and Naruto as your top anime/manga is really suspect.

NemeBro
I could handle the shitty renditions of DBZ fights, if at least the manga's themes weren't being torn to pieces by an abused pitbull.

vansonbee
By using Michael Bay logic, Naruto is #1 series!

SSJGGogeta

Naruto is worse than ever my son.

Why's that?

I think that Naruto's getting better actually. It's going down a darker type of road than it ever has before. It just has a more... I don't know, mature type of feel to it, what with so many character deaths and all.

I think the reason you think it's worse is because they've made this whole ninja war so long. Am I wrong?

I think it's necessary though, because they're making a huge last stand to save the ninja world. It has a much better plot overall than DBZ though, we can agree on that.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by TheTyrant
I think he's one of those dudes who think EPIC FIGHTS = good fights and good plot. Dragon Ball and Naruto as your top anime/manga is really suspect.

Epic fights does = good fights.

Dragon Ball is one of my favorites simply because it's so nostalgic. I know its quality is nowhere near that of a lot of current anime/manga's, but it was the best for its time. I also think BOTG's was a huge step in the right direction for DBZ. Naruto's just awesome overall, and learning about all the plot twists and tying all the loose ends that have been open since even the pre-timeskip is just very exciting to me.

Wei Phoenix
Many deaths in an anime=/=maturity.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Many deaths in an anime=/=maturity.

But Many deaths in an anime does = a darker feel. The maturity of it comes from learning more about the series in general, whereas it used to be just some fox kid doing shit randomly.

Nephthys
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Kill la Kill

Attack on Titan

Those are some quality titles.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Nephthys
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Kill la Kill

Attack on Titan

Those are some quality titles. Attack on Titan isn't that good, imo. It's rather really close to being a rip-off of Claymore and Evangelion if you think about it and have watched/read those two series. I'd have TTGL on one of my all-time favorites for sure though.

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Epic fights does = good fights.

Dragon Ball is one of my favorites simply because it's so nostalgic. I know its quality is nowhere near that of a lot of current anime/manga's, but it was the best for its time. I also think BOTG's was a huge step in the right direction for DBZ. Naruto's just awesome overall, and learning about all the plot twists and tying all the loose ends that have been open since even the pre-timeskip is just very exciting to me.

Epic fight does not necessarily equal good fight and there are way better anime and manga out there than either Naruto or Dragon Ball. But hey, opinions.

Q99
Ah, hehe, it has *some* similarities but it's really very much it's own thing. The plot structure fits neither, it has different characters... Eva especially is a stretch, Eva faces one foe at a time and it takes awhile before they have to struggle.

Claymore's probably the closest, but they're still more different than just about any shonen fight and DBZ is... and that includes shonen fight shows that came before DBZ.

NemeBro
Why's that?

I think that Naruto's getting better actually. It's going down a darker type of road than it ever has before. It just has a more... I don't know, mature type of feel to it, what with so many character deaths and all.

I think the reason you think it's worse is because they've made this whole ninja war so long. Am I wrong?

I think it's necessary though, because they're making a huge last stand to save the ninja world. It has a much better plot overall than DBZ though, we can agree on that.

Because the themes have been torn to pieces and shat out.

Remember the whole "hard work can supersede talent" theme it had going on?

Well maybe you shouldn't of skipped your last class of Bible Studies cuz FEWLED U, Naruto turns out to be literally Jesus. "My son worked super hard to become really cool and awesome. And now he gave all of that to you, for free!"

TheTyrant
Anyway, if you want better action adventure anime, try:

-JoJo's Bizzare Adventure (2012) + Stardust Crusaders that just came out today
-Samurai Champloo
-Hunter x Hunter (2011)
-Fate/Zero
-Gintama
-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
-Katanagatari

Better action adventure manga:

-Holyland
-Kingdom
-Vinland Saga
-Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
-Vagabond
-Berserk
-Hunter x Hunter (art for this one is pretty bad most of the time)
-Blade of the Immortal
-Historie

galactusischere
Anyway, if you want better action adventure anime, try:

-JoJo's Bizzare Adventure (2012) + Stardust Crusaders that just came out today
-Samurai Champloo
-Hunter x Hunter (2011)
-Fate/Zero
-Gintama
-Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
-Katanagatari

Better action adventure manga:

-Holyland
-Kingdom
-Vinland Saga
-Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
-Vagabond
-Berserk
-Hunter x Hunter (art for this one is pretty bad most of the time)
-Blade of the Immortal
-Historie I've watched some of the anime you listed and I wouldn't necessary say they are better than DBZ. No idea about the manga though haha. And how about Fairy Tail? It's pretty good

TheTyrant
Originally posted by galactusischere
I've watched some of the anime you listed and I wouldn't necessary say they are better than DBZ. No idea about the manga though haha. And how about Fairy Tail? It's pretty good Honestly, everything I listed being better than Dragon Ball is pretty objective unless you have crazy nostalgia towards the series or can't enjoy anything without generic explosions.

Fairy Tail had potential, but then it went full t1ts and ass and FRIENDSHIP mode, so I dropped it a while ago. Blatant fanservice and random power-ups are just not my thing. You should try reading the Claymore manga though. It has a slow start, but gets pretty good 10 or so chapters in. It has a very simple plot along with generally likable characters.

galactusischere
Honestly, everything I listed being better than Dragon Ball is pretty objective unless you have crazy nostalgia towards the series or can't enjoy anything without generic explosions.

Fairy Tail had potential, but then it went full t1ts and ass and FRIENDSHIP mode, so I dropped it a while ago. Blatant fanservice and random power-ups are just not my thing. You should try reading the Claymore manga though. It has a slow start, but gets pretty good 10 or so chapters in. It has a very simple plot along with generally likable characters. I wouldn't say objective but I see where your coming from because DBZ doesn't have the best characterization or plot. Lol.
I just started watching Fairy Tail so I'm not at that point yet though there is a lot of fan service here and there. The most recent anime that I've finished are Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online. The first one was good, but the latter one was kind of a disappointment since it had a decent start.

I'll make sure to check out your Claymore recommendation though. Thanks.

TheTyrant
Also always try to read manga on either Kissmanga or Manga Stream. They generally have the most accurate and best translations online.

Q99

Well maybe you shouldn't of skipped your last class of Bible Studies cuz FEWLED U, Naruto turns out to be literally Jesus. "My son worked super hard to become really cool and awesome. And now he gave all of that to you, for free!"

That's just one of the themes. Cycles of hatred is another big one.

And Naruto's literally got the attached chakra of... someone who managed to surpass his talented brother through hard work, and it took mucho hard work for Naruto to get where he is.

AuraAngel
Guys Naruto saying that he is flat out going to change the fate of the two brothers completely goes against the idea that you cannot fight destiny. Common sense.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Q99
That's just one of the themes. Cycles of hatred is another big one.

And Naruto's literally got the attached chakra of... someone who managed to surpass his talented brother through hard work, and it took mucho hard work for Naruto to get where he is.

It took having an unusually enormous amount of natural chakra and a loophole made possible by that fact. That Kishi has the balls to actually pretend that Naruto is untalented and had to work to get all his power is nothing short of absurd.

Naruto worked pretty hard pre-Shippuden, but Sage Mode? Might as well have been handed to him. His Kyuubi mastery? Done in little more than a day.

As for the Cycle of Hatred, the only reason it will be ended is because Madara is an island unto himself. He has no power of friendship (lul), so no one is going to give enough of a **** to avenge him after he is dead. So far Kishi hasn't really addressed any sort of solution for how one ends the "Cycle of Hatred".

dadudemon
It took having an unusually enormous amount of natural chakra and a loophole made possible by that fact. That Kishi has the balls to actually pretend that Naruto is untalented and had to work to get all his power is nothing short of absurd.

Boooooo!

Laaame!

The fact that Naruto trained to near death (and actual death) multiple times says you're a ****ing liar or a moron.

You hatertard.

chasedown
I feel like the naruto series never fully realized its potential.

Its a really cool world thst can be expanded upon in so many ways. I just feel like with shippuden kishi dropped the ball by only focusing on one country and two clans, all this presdestined stuff is what really made naruto drop in value in my eyes.

chasedown
Eh, YYH was garbage. Way to old school, in terms of animation, action and plot. The only "cool" character in it was the black dragon dude.

Akira Toriyama never like manga period. Of course he didn't like the latest saga. He said he loved BOTG's though, and was really happy with it.

EVERY manga is losing sales recently. Simply because they can almost all be found online. Naruto is still above One Piece and Bleach though. Also, how can you think it's getting worse? The story has just been progressing, to the point where you can get a feel for the entire story and get a legit conclusion. I mean, imagine if Dragon Ball ended when Kid Goku killed King Piccolo.

Bleach is getting MUCH better, though the fullbring arc was garbage.

Just refer to my comment though.

One piece is actually the most popular of the three in japan. I dont read it though...... You dont like YYH thats blasphemy the combo of story, complex characters, and action was awesome.

But then again its all about preferences.

NemeBro
Originally posted by dadudemon
Boooooo!

Laaame!

The fact that Naruto trained to near death (and actual death) multiple times says you're a ****ing liar or a moron.

You hatertard. When?

I'll be honest, I really don't remember. I haven't even regularly read Naruto in something like four months.

Not that what you said invalidates what I said or anything.

Naruto has an unusually monstrous amount of chakra due to the Tailed Beast inside him and his genetics. T/F?

Naruto is literally reincarnated Jesus. T/F?

chasedown
When?

I'll be honest, I really don't remember. I haven't even regularly read Naruto in something like four months.

Naruto has an unusually monstrous amount of chakra due to the Tailed Beast inside him and his genetics. T/F?

everything was just set up perfectly for him to succeed his path wasnt as hard as other characters

AuraAngel
Haha oh everyone giving Naruto shit for having stuff handed to him...

You're all pretty dumb. smile

NemeBro
Is that why I've crushed you in every debate we've had on the subject of a manga's quality? mmm

AuraAngel
Whether Naruto is quality entertainment or not is nigh irrelevant to the subject of whether Naruto the character has had everything handed to him(he has not). But it is cute that you deflect the argument towards the quality of the series as a whole.

chasedown
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Whether Naruto is quality entertainment or not is nigh irrelevant to the subject of whether Naruto the character has had everything handed to him(he has not). But it is cute that you deflect the argument towards the quality of the series as a whole.

Naruto's father is the 4th hokage

His mother is from the uzumaki clan( they are related to the senju)

Was trained by a legendary sannin

has 9 tailed demon fox within him

Is the reincarnation of a near god like figure

Sounds like a pretty layed out path to me all he had to do was walk it.

NemeBro
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Whether Naruto is quality entertainment or not is nigh irrelevant to the subject of whether Naruto the character has had everything handed to him(he has not). But it is cute that you deflect the argument towards the quality of the series as a whole. hurrrrrr

You mean the argument that I started, the one talking about Naruto's quality as a whole?

You didn't make an argument mind you, only insulted people.

Similarly I never said that everything was handed to him, only that he has been granted a disproportionate amount of advantages compared to his peers (Which, to be fair, can also apply to Madara, the main villain, albeit less so).

dadudemon
When?

chasdown does a better job of arguing your point than you do so I'll just respond to him.

Originally posted by chasedown
Naruto's father is the 4th hokage

And he died right after Naruto's birth. Naruto inherited nothing from his father as far as brains and skills go. Kishimoto even wrote that in the manga by saying Naruto is much more like his mother.

His mother is from the uzumaki clan( they are related to the senju)

Naruto did not inherit the Uzumaki chakra. He cannot make those chains. His hair isn't even red. So he got his father's chakra-type and his mothers brains (a bad thing).

Was trained by a legendary sannin

This is a fair point.

has 9 tailed demon fox within him

This was more of a detriment to Naruto for the first 13 years of his life than a help. In fact, it even detrminted his training when he was trying to sage chakra train.

Is the reincarnation of a near god like figure

So far, this has not granted him any benefits. Only since this very last chapter has this looked like it will help because he's now going to use the symbol for some serious shit.

Sounds like a pretty layed out path to me all he had to do was walk it.

I came away with the exact opposite perspective.

Naruto was hated and treated as an outcast because he had the tailed beast in him.

Both his parents were dead.

Naruto was very dumb and had little aptitude for the shinobi arts.

Naruto's tailed beast has interfered with his ability to grow as a ninja several times (but also helped).

Naruto had no genetic advantages (eye techs, etc.) besides great natural chakra (his father had high amounts of chakra and Naruto appears to have his father's chakra-type).

The only thing about Naruto that is fantastic is his genius ability to do hard work and to think outside the box (because he's so dumb conventional methods do not work). But Rock Lee is like that, too.

NemeBro
chasdown does a better job of arguing your point than you do so I'll just respond to him. Try trolling someone else, lol.

I'm glad that you apparently admit those instances you mentioned didn't happen. I accept your concession. thumb up

NemeBro
I swear to ****ing God Blax, shut the **** up and don't say anything. Say something and I will pull your pubic hairs off one by one.

Tzeentch
This is what it's like to achieve trolling perfection. I don't even need to say anything.

chasedown
chasdown does a better job of arguing your point than you do so I'll just respond to him.

And he died right after Naruto's birth. Naruto inherited nothing from his father as far as brains and skills go. Kishimoto even wrote that in the manga by saying Naruto is much more like his mother.

Naruto did not inherit the Uzumaki chakra. He cannot make those chains. His hair isn't even red. So he got his father's chakra-type and his mothers brains (a bad thing).

This is a fair point.

This was more of a detriment to Naruto for the first 13 years of his life than a help. In fact, it even detrminted his training when he was trying to sage chakra train.

So far, this has not granted him any benefits. Only since this very last chapter has this looked like it will help because he's now going to use the symbol for some serious shit.

I came away with the exact opposite perspective.

Naruto was hated and treated as an outcast because he had the tailed beast in him.

Both his parents were dead.

Naruto was very dumb and had little aptitude for the shinobi arts.

Naruto's tailed beast has interfered with his ability to grow as a ninja several times (but also helped).

Naruto had no genetic advantages (eye techs, etc.) besides great natural chakra (his father had high amounts of chakra and Naruto appears to have his father's chakra-type).

The only thing about Naruto that is fantastic is his genius ability to do hard work and to think outside the box (because he's so dumb conventional methods do not work). But Rock Lee is like that, too.

Naruto did inherit his mother chakra capacity maybe not to the extent of the chains but he does have an insane amount of chakra regardless of which parent he got it from its still a genetic advantage.

I seem to see naruto benefiting quite well to the fox being inside him. The fox has been giving naruto chakra in almost every fight hes been in since fighting neji.

Naruto also learns jutsu in record times compared to everybody else even if he trains for the abilities they still come rather relatively easily to him.

Im not saying naruto didnt work for anything its just that hes been given all the tools needed for success before he was even born. He just had to use those tools

Q99

He had a high potential, but in a way that still required large amounts of work to get there.

If it hadn't been the groundwork laid over years of practice and hard work, he would not be able to use his higher abilities like he did.

Working on Kyuubi control was something he was doing with Jiraiya during the timeskip, for a significant amount of time. Remember Jiraiya loosening the seal? Even his training with Yamato was partially about controlling kyuubi chakra.

He learned tricks doable with it like the chakra hand thing pretty fast, but it took a long time and a lot of work to get to the point of having that chakra.

And for all that, he was not able to learn biju ball rasengan. He tried and failed.

Not til he gained Kurama's friendship, which was also based on his attitude and actions over a long period, that Kurama had viewed.

Former enemies coming together and trusting each other?

Damborgson
Plenty of manga out there with a better story to tell, none will ever be as iconic or as remembered as DBZ though.

chasedown
Originally posted by Damborgson
Plenty of manga out there with a better story to tell, none will ever be as iconic or as remembered as DBZ though.

Agreed dbz to me is kinda like a starter anime. It was ome of the first ones ive ever watched... That and pokemon but as i got older i found there are better and more mature anime out there

SSJGGogeta

... What?

If you're telling me that a jonin using his talent and training to defeat the literal god of his world doesn't prove that hard work can beat talent, then I don't know what you're reading.

chasedown
... What?

If you're telling me that a jonin using his talent and training to defeat the literal god of his world doesn't prove that hard work can beat talent, then I don't know what you're reading.

The main point is That it was decided before naruto was even born that this would occur. The two prophecies,his bloodline,the fox, and jiraiya being his sensei and, naruto being a reincarnation of a demigod are all the things that supercede the hard work element kishi had in part one.

thats the point were saying.

SSJGGogeta
The main point is That it was decided before naruto was even born that this would occur. The two prophecies,his bloodline,the fox, and jiraiya being his sensei and, naruto being a reincarnation of a demigod are all the things that supercede the hard work element kishi had in part one.

Jiraiya was his godfather. It wasn't predestined that he would be Naruto's sensei. What does his bloodline have to do with anything? The fox has been in him since page 1. You made the prophecy point twice. The reincarnation thing takes nothing away from the fact that Naruto is gifted because of training, just like Sasuke. Sure, the fox/sharingan are huge parts of their strength, but Naruto learned rasengan, Sasuke learned Chidori, etc. Again though, the whole eighth gate thing disproves that entire statement. Hard work can EASILY surpass natural talent.

chasedown
Jiraiya was his godfather. It wasn't predestined that he would be Naruto's sensei. What does his bloodline have to do with anything? The fox has been in him since page 1. You made the prophecy point twice. The reincarnation thing takes nothing away from the fact that Naruto is gifted because of training, just like Sasuke. Sure, the fox/sharingan are huge parts of their strength, but Naruto learned rasengan, Sasuke learned Chidori, etc. Again though, the whole eighth gate thing disproves that entire statement. Hard work can EASILY surpass natural talent.

You mean to tell me that being of the uzumaki clan is not an advantage and neither is being a child of prophecy along with a fox demon inside you?

The gai sensei thing is something kishi just wrote on the fly. I mean how can you say gai cant use ninjutsu but weve seen him use them before.

vansonbee

So your saying Masashi Kishimoto is shitting all over Naruto's achievements in the past and even now, because all of it was destined for him already?

I recommend Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, some hot and cool action! C/O the summary on it sometime!

chasedown
Originally posted by vansonbee
So your saying Masashi Kishimoto is shitting all over Naruto's achievements in the past and even now, because all of it was destined for him already?

I recommend Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, some hot and cool action! C/O the summary on it sometime!

Yea basically..... Naruto's path was already layed out for him

Remember there were two prophecies told about him before the man was even born

The toad sage told hagaromo about a blue eyed obnoxious boy.

The second was the sage telling jiraiya one of his students would change the world... He was obviously talking about naruto.

Its obvious that what naruto said to neji about being able to change destiny was wrong.

Sonico
I think One Piece is also a masterwork.

NemeBro
Attack on Titan isn't that good, imo. It's rather really close to being a rip-off of Claymore and Evangelion if you think about it and have watched/read those two series. I'd have TTGL on one of my all-time favorites for sure though. Okay, I didn't know shit about Shingeki no Kyojin when I first read this however long ago, but now that I've watched the entire anime and read the manga, I have to ask... How the **** is it like Claymore and Evangelion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.