Why on Earth does the Live-Action Tekken movie get so much hate?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Everyone hates it because it gets rid of the original storyline, but it replaces it with TONS OF EXCITING ACTION. "What? Martial Arts? I WANTED TO SEE THE DEVIL GENE, EVEN THOUGH THIS IS BASED ON A MARTIAL ARTS FIGHTING GAME!" Honestly, guys, its not exactly a good movie in GENERAL, but it certainly is a good action movie, I enjoyed it, I'm a huge martial arts fan, and thats what the film was going for, and they succeeded, all action was fun and bad-ass to watch, and for that, this movie is good in my opinion, sure, it never REALLY gets any emotions out of you... But is it supposed to? Naturally in an action movie, you'd wanna focus on the action more then anything else, is Jin holding hands with his girlfriend on the front cover of the movie? NO! On the front cover is Jin, followed by two people in the background both in Martial Arts stances. If it's not your thing, I get it, but it in no way deserves 4.8 on IMDb, and 32% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Impediment
Because it was a horrible movie.

Estacado
Worst shit ever..
UVcW627V6Ro

siriuswriter
Oh my good Lord.

Butt-crack pants?! Where's her tramp stamp?

COG Veteran
Originally posted by Jmanghan
If it's not your thing, I get it, but it deserves 4.8 on IMDb, and 32% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Lexington
Never saw it, I bet there is a x-rated version out there!

Kazenji
Same here never seen it

for these fighting games adapted into movies i'd rather go watch Mortal Kombat again....well for live action anyway.

Lexington
Mortal Kombat movies were pretty good in the 90's, was there another after annihilation?

Kazenji
I know they made a tv show only ever seen couple of eps of it.

0mega Spawn
Because it was beyond horrible.

As a tekken fan i believe it deserves a lower score

Stealth Moose
Those pants exist? I mean, uh... this movie exists? I wasn't even aware of it, but Tekken sucks anyways.

Jmanghan
I'm saying, the reason it's good is because of the MARTIAL ARTS, what other reason did you go to see this movie? To see the Devil Gene and then leave? Go watch Tekken: Blood Vengeance.

This movie has tons of Martial Arts action, which is WHY it's good. Does not focusing on the main story make the live-action Batman movies or Superman movies bad? NO. Superman 1 and 2 were considered Legendary for the longest times. (Though they focused on the original story) But, what this movie is, is a martial arts film, an action movie, based on martial arts combat. I'd rather have them using grounded-in-reality martial arts then having them shooting Dragon Ball Z death blasts at eachother.

siriuswriter
I remember the butt-crack trend. Well, I don't know if trend is the right word, but I remember seeing a movie where a lady was wearing a very classy dress with a shawl or something, and then when they got home she took off the shawl and her dress was just a leeetle bit too low. And the way they did it was actually kind of sexy. But THAT is just... nope. I don't have a word. That NEVER happens to me!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.