Vader vs Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Lightsaber battle, no force powers.

Phantom Menace vs Empire Vader.

Kazenji
Which versions?

Tzeentch
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1549556_646989782008990_530616427_n.jpg

Supra
If that was only a real then the rebellion would be saved countless lives!

Tzeentch
It's canon.

It just didn't kill Vader. Because he's a cyborg man and a lightsaber to the gut doesn't bother him.

Supra
Originally posted by Tzeentch
It's canon.

It just didn't kill Vader. Because he's a cyborg man and a lightsaber to the gut doesn't bother him.

Has nothing to do with OP.

Tzeentch
Alright, so we all agree Vader would whoop Maul's ass in a fight since it's already happened in Star Wars canon.

What's the next thread.

Supra
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Alright, so we all agree Vader would whoop Maul's ass in a fight since it's already happened in Star Wars canon.

What's the next thread.

Its Vadar from ESB vs Maul from Phantom Menace, not the cartoon series or comics, its a straight up lightsaber battle

KingD19
That's an unfair fight, as the saber fighting in the original trilogy was far slower and a lot less polished.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by Supra
Its Vadar from ESB vs Maul from Phantom Menace, not the cartoon series or comics, its a straight up lightsaber battle What does that mean?

Vader in ESB and Vader in the comics are the same person, with the same powers and abilities. Star Wars is a shared universe, it's not like Marvel where a comic character and its movie version are different, for example.

Supra
Originally posted by KingD19
That's an unfair fight, as the saber fighting in the original trilogy was far slower and a lot less polished.

You underestimate the power of Vadar

Kazenji
Its Vadar from ESB vs Maul from Phantom Menace,

So tell me how is it that cross genre.

StealthRanger
>limiting canon

Deathwithit.gif

Utrigita
This no matter how you turn and twist it belongs in the star wars versus forum.

Impediment
FYI, it's VADER and not Vadar.

Are these both films versions? If so, then this needs to be moved to the MVF.

quanchi112
Maul wins.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Impediment
FYI, it's VADER and not Vadar.

Are these both films versions? If so, then this needs to be moved to the MVF. Or you could move it to Star Wars Versus, lol.

playa1258
Vader.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Vader. Based on ?

Lestov16
Of course, in the EU Vader beat Maul, but just going by film feats, as stated above, the choreography of ESB was...kind of shitty. Maul would chop him into cyborg-sushi.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
Of course, in the EU Vader beat Maul, but just going by film feats, as stated above, the choreography of ESB was...kind of shitty. Maul would chop him into cyborg-sushi. Quit riding my coattails.

Firefly218
Without his force powers vader loses. Vader's h2h and lightsaber skills are inferior to Maul's when comparing movie feats.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
Without his force powers vader loses. Vader's h2h and lightsaber skills are inferior to Maul's when comparing movie feats. Even with his force powers he loses.

playa1258
Vaders force powers are far beyond Mauls. The choking a imperial through a view screen surpasses anything Maul did in the films. Vader also has better saber skills considering he beat Dooku(who is superior to Maul in mostly everything) in under a minute.

quanchi112
Vaders force powers are far beyond Mauls. The choking a imperial through a view screen surpasses anything Maul did in the films. Vader also has better saber skills considering he beat Dooku(who is superior to Maul in mostly everything) in under a minute. Using powers far away against someone with no powers is impressive to you ? laughing out loud

Maul has force powers himself. Killing some random feeb through a computer screen isn't awesome it is cowardly.

Supra
Originally posted by quanchi112
Using powers far away against someone with no powers is impressive to you ? laughing out loud

Maul has force powers himself. Killing some random feeb through a computer screen isn't awesome it is cowardly.

They don't remember the force shield-hold Maul but on Obiwan to stop his movement.

quanchi112
They don't remember the force shield-hold Maul but on Obiwan to stop his movement. I know and it was against a highly skilled Jedi not some ****** through a computer screen.

Supra
I know and it was against a highly skilled Jedi not some ****** through a computer screen.

Maul didn't even have to show he was using the force, the force was surrounding him at all time greater then Qui Gon or Obi. Obi tries to advanced and Maul strait up stops him without even showing he under the power of the force!

Epic Scene, few caught it or can understand what he did and what that entails on the power of the force he can command.

quanchi112
Maul didn't even have to show he was using the force, the force was surrounding him at all time greater then Qui Gon or Obi. Obi tries to advanced and Maul strait up stops him without even showing he under the power of the force!

Epic Scene, few caught it or can understand what he did and what that entails on the power of the force he can command. Maul was a monster in combat and definitely has Vader's number.

Supra
Maul was a monster in combat and definitely has Vader's number.

The fact that he could take on two extremely talented jedi's a master and an apprentice and him being only an apprentice himself. He was using force command, force jump, force movement, force pull just like Vadar but to a greater degree.

As Sidious said "they will be no match for you"

quanchi112
The fact that he could take on two extremely talented jedi's a master and an apprentice and him being only an apprentice himself. He was using force command, force jump, force movement, force pull just like Vadar but to a greater degree.

As Sidious said "they will be no match for you" Vader dies. No way around it here.

KingD19
Vaders force powers are far beyond Mauls. The choking a imperial through a view screen surpasses anything Maul did in the films. Vader also has better saber skills considering he beat Dooku(who is superior to Maul in mostly everything) in under a minute.

That was Anakin/Vader. Who was a lot faster.

In ESB, he's still getting used to the suit and his movements are slow and clunky.

That's why Luke, who wasn't all that great a lightsaber combatant yet could keep up with him.

playa1258
Vader getting used to the suit is directly contradicted by 'Rise of Darth Vader' novel. But we are not allowing the EU as far as I know and using movie feats only.

playa1258
Shame TCW tv series did not have a Anakin vs Maul match I was looking forward to that.

ares834
Vader.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Based on ?

KingD19
Vader getting used to the suit is directly contradicted by 'Rise of Darth Vader' novel. But we are not allowing the EU as far as I know and using movie feats only.

We're using movie only feats. In a strictly saber fight. And you think Vader wins? Have you seen the movies?

ares834
Based on ?

Based on Lucas saying Vader had 80% the power of Sidious.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Based on Lucas saying Vader had 80% the power of Sidious. What does that have to do with the outcome ?

Impediment
Vader wins.

Supra
Originally posted by Impediment
Vader wins.

Heresy laughing

playa1258
We're using movie only feats. In a strictly saber fight. And you think Vader wins? Have you seen the movies?

I have seen them. Lets just agree to disagree.

quanchi112
I have seen them. Lets just agree to disagree. What makes you think Vader wins ?

playa1258
80% the power of Palpatine. Much stronger and more skilled in the force.

quanchi112
80% the power of Palpatine. Much stronger and more skilled in the force. He isn't more skilled or athletic. Power level doesn't matter in a saber duel anyway.

playa1258
He is more skilled IMO. Agree with you about athletic ability.

KingD19
We're going by movie feats only. So Vader from Empire Strikes Back only. Maul from Phantom Menace only.

80% of Palpatine's power doesn't matter here. Only the saber feats Vader showed off, and the saber feats Maul showed off. Maul is clearly the better saber duelist, and since this is a pure saber fight. He wins. Simple.

Jmanghan
Wrong Forum .-.

Supra
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Wrong Forum .-.

Actually its in the right forum as it used to be in the wrong forum and was moved here by a mod.

you are wrong again

quanchi112
He is more skilled IMO. Agree with you about athletic ability. Based on ?

FrothByte
Movie feats only and no force powers? Darth Maul dices Vader. Vader didn't even fight anyone of note other than Luke, and Luke wasn't even a properly trained Jedi.

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
Movie feats only and no force powers? Darth Maul dices Vader. Vader didn't even fight anyone of note other than Luke, and Luke wasn't even a properly trained Jedi.

Thank you for pointing out what I've also been pointing out, lol.

Supra
Originally posted by FrothByte

A voice of reason in the shroud of darkness.

Jmanghan
Actually its in the right forum as it used to be in the wrong forum and was moved here by a mod.

you are wrong again There is a star wars versus forum, y'know... Be good to use it .-.

Supra
There is a star wars versus forum, y'know... Be good to use it .-.

Then go tell the Mod he made a mistake and see what he tell you back

Jmanghan
Then go tell the Mod he made a mistake and see what he tell you back K, whats the mods name, and I will most certainly tell them that.

Supra
K, whats the mods name, and I will most certainly tell them that.

Impediment and I can't wait for him to tell you its in the right forum after he was the one who moved it here.

Jmanghan
Impediment and I can't wait for him to tell you its in the right forum after he was the one who moved it here.

Star Wars Characters = Star Wars Versus Forum .-. Honestly, you have to be kidding me, all star wars versus threads, movie or not, belong in the Star Wars Versus Forum, I am not here to Flame, Troll, or Argue, I am stating a simple fact.

Supra
Star Wars Characters = Star Wars Versus Forum .-. Honestly, you have to be kidding me, all star wars versus threads, movie or not, belong in the Star Wars Versus Forum, I am not here to Flame, Troll, or Argue, I am stating a simple fact.

Then go argue with the mod that placed the thread here and see how far it gets you.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NemeBro
Or you could move it to Star Wars Versus, lol.

THANK YOU!

quanchi112
Star Wars Characters = Star Wars Versus Forum .-. Honestly, you have to be kidding me, all star wars versus threads, movie or not, belong in the Star Wars Versus Forum, I am not here to Flame, Troll, or Argue, I am stating a simple fact. It can be here or the Star Wars forum. The global also iirc moved it here in the first place.

Jmanghan
It can be here or the Star Wars forum. The global also iirc moved it here in the first place. Ok. I will stop. You guys enjoy your thread now .-.

KingD19
Even if it was moved. A purely movie thread would have the same stipulation.

Supra
Ok. I will stop. You guys enjoy your thread now .-.

Run along now let the adults talk.

quanchi112
Isn't the Star Wars versus forum even more dead than this one ?

Supra
Isn't the Star Wars versus forum even more dead than this one ?

Its desolate

quanchi112
Its desolate Yeah, I never really got into Star Wars before. Maybe since Abrams has it now I will start to love it. He really changed my mind about Star Trek.

Supra
Yeah, I never really got into Star Wars before. Maybe since Abrams has it now I will start to love it. He really changed my mind about Star Trek.

I can't wait man, its going to be Epic, he is the right man for the job.

Jmanghan
Run along now let the adults talk. It would be a common mistake to assume that this thread belongs in the Star Wars Versus Forum, even Nemebro said the same thing, don't act like it was some inconceivable though -.-

Supra
It would be a common mistake to assume that this thread belongs in the Star Wars Versus Forum, even Nemebro said the same thing, don't act like it was some inconceivable though -.-

Your still going to argue about a mods decision that this is the right forum for the movie, have you contacted the mod yet and expressed your dissatisfaction with his decision?

Neme bro is easily confused 100% of the time.

The Fat Rambo
We're going by movie feats only. So Vader from Empire Strikes Back only. Maul from Phantom Menace only.

80% of Palpatine's power doesn't matter here. Only the saber feats Vader showed off, and the saber feats Maul showed off. Maul is clearly the better saber duelist, and since this is a pure saber fight. He wins. Simple. Agreed.

Robtard
Pitting slow-lumbering movie Vader against parkoor flipping Maul and not allowing Force powers is silly.

Now EP3 Vader Vs Maul sabres only. Maul does down.

The Fat Rambo
Originally posted by Robtard
Pitting slow-lumbering movie Vader against parkoor flipping Maul and not allowing Force powers is silly.

Now EP3 Vader Vs Maul sabres only. Mauls does down. Agreed.

Impediment
The thread stays where it is. The MVF is the suitable place for this thread due to both characters being from the actual movies, and the MVF is alive and active.

I don't want to hear any gloating or nagging about "who's right and wrong".

Back to topic.

Lestov16
Yeah, I never really got into Star Wars before. Maybe since Abrams has it now I will start to love it. He really changed my mind about Star Trek.

laughing Of course you would enjoy the dumb forgettable popcorn action Star Trek more than the the intelligent and philosophical OS and TNG.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard

Now EP3 Vader Vs Maul sabres only. Maul does down. Quit crying and trying to alter the thread due to your own personal bias.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.