Samwise Gamgee vs. Bilbo Baggins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
Samwise Gamgee from the LotR trilogy versus Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit films 1 and 2

Neither character has the ring
Both characters have a simple blade

Who wins?

Supra
Bilbo the badass

quanchi112
Bilbo wins.

COG Veteran
Bilbo. Hard.

NemeBro
Samwise easily. no expression

Supra
Originally posted by NemeBro
Samwise easily. no expression

What world do you live in?

quanchi112
Samwise easily. no expression Are you kidding me ?

Firefly218
Sam was pretty damn heroic in Return of the King. I'm legitimately surprised this is so one sided

Supra
Originally posted by Firefly218
Sam was pretty damn heroic in Return of the King. I'm legitimately surprised this is so one sided

Sams a whiny fat gnome, Biblo was wrecking Orcs head on.

NemeBro
Samwise defeated Shelob in single combat, and he didn't need the One Ring to do it.

quanchi112
Samwise defeated Shelob in single combat, and he didn't need the One Ring to do it. He got lucky. Bilbo so far survived from Smaug. Sam gets his shit pushed in.

Dragons>spiders.

Supra
Samwise defeated Shelob in single combat, and he didn't need the One Ring to do it.

Bilbo dealt with Smaug, deal with it.

NemeBro
Bilbo ran away from Smaug, he didn't defeat Smaug.

I mean, I guess if running away counts as a win to you, then yeah, Bilbo running from Sam would be his most valid tactic.

quanchi112
Bilbo ran away from Smaug, he didn't defeat Smaug.

I mean, I guess if running away counts as a win to you, then yeah, Bilbo running from Sam would be his most valid tactic. Do you think Sam could beat Smaug ?

NemeBro
Your non-sequitur has no power over me.

Sam could not beat Smaug.

Know who else couldn't?

Bilbo.

quanchi112

Know who else couldn't?

Bilbo. You criticized Bilbo for running. Do you think he should have taken him head on ?

Supra

Know who else couldn't?

Bilbo.

He's a burglar who's got better fighting know how then Sam the fearless. He went to steal the arkenstone not slay the dragon.

NemeBro
I didn't criticize him for running, I merely pointed out that running away from Smaug isn't a combat feat.

So anyway, are you done with inane non-sequiturs, or do you have an actual combat showing of Bilbo's that compares to Samwise defeating Shelob in single combat?

Supra
I didn't criticize him for running, I merely pointed out that running away from Smaug isn't a combat feat.

So anyway, are you done with inane non-sequiturs, or do you have an actual combat showing of Bilbo's that compares to Samwise defeating Shelob in single combat?

Yea wrecking orc's in a river teaming with bloody orcs with barley a weapon to his name.

quanchi112

So anyway, are you done with inane non-sequiturs, or do you have an actual combat showing of Bilbo's that compares to Samwise defeating Shelob in single combat? Bilbos stand to protect Thorin. Sam got lucky against a spider. That's all. Bilbo faced off against more formidable threats than Sam.

NemeBro
Name a single threat he actually defeated more formidable than Shelob.

Supra
Name a single threat he actually defeated more formidable than Shelob.

Quit spinning OP tard.

NemeBro
Did that stupid statement make sense in your head?

quanchi112
Name a single threat he actually defeated more formidable than Shelob. Abc logic. Does Bilbo fight like a spider ?

Supra
Did that stupid statement make sense in your head?

Action: Hot Fuzz
Adventure: Hot Fuzz
Romantic: Hot Fuzz
Comedy: Hot Fuzz
Drama: Hot Fuzz
Original Story: Hot Fuzz
Comic: Watchmen
Anime: Bardock: Father of Goku
Foreign: Hot Fuzz

Now I see why your brain is a hot fuzzing mess

NemeBro
Originally posted by quanchi112
Abc logic. Does Bilbo fight like a spider ? So can I assume you don't have any examples of Bilbo fighting anyone that impressive?

Best you have is orcs. Sam has killed those.

He also defeated a super giant spider, the mother of the ones Bilbo fought.

Supra
So can I assume you don't have any examples of Bilbo fighting anyone that impressive?

He also defeated a super giant spider, the mother of the ones Bilbo fought.

Dragon>Spiders>orcs and whatever else you want

Bibo wrecks

NemeBro
Bilbo never defeated a dragon.

Do you even lift?

Supra
Bilbo never defeated a dragon.

Do you even lift?
More then you****ing boars and hunting whores.

Did I say he did? He evaded him, Sam would have gotten eaten with all that fat on his bones.

quanchi112
So can I assume you don't have any examples of Bilbo fighting anyone that impressive?

He also defeated a super giant spider, the mother of the ones Bilbo fought. That would only prove he is better against spiders. It has nothing to do with him taking on Bilbo.

NemeBro
He's defeated more dangerous opponents than Bilbo has, and his quest was by far the more dangerous one.

Supra
He's defeated more dangerous opponents than Bilbo has, and his quest was by far the more dangerous one.

He's worthless

quanchi112
He's defeated more dangerous opponents than Bilbo has, and his quest was by far the more dangerous one. He snuck in and avoided the army type matchups. Gollum outsmarted him. Sam didn't have to go up against Smaug. Give me a break. This comes down to skill against skill not abc quest or abc opponent who doesn't fight like Bilbo here.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Supra
He's worthless Lolwut

Show me where Samwise tried to kill Frodo.

NemeBro
He snuck in and avoided the army type matchups. Gollum outsmarted him. Sam didn't have to go up against Smaug. Give me a break. This comes down to skill against skill not abc quest or abc opponent who doesn't fight like Bilbo here.

He also could cut through orcs without the aid of his friends on his rampage to save Frodo.

Gollum outsmarting Sam means nothing. Bilbo's prowess at riddles means nothing here.

Bilbo also didn't go up against Smaug, he ran.

Samwise beats Bilbo to death. He is bigger, stronger, braver, and the better fighter. Also, the One Ring didn't make him his *****.

quanchi112
He also could cut through orcs without the aid of his friends on his rampage to save Frodo.

Gollum outsmarting Sam means nothing. Bilbo's prowess at riddles means nothing here.

Samwise beats Bilbo to death. He is bigger, stronger, braver, and the better fighter. Also, the One Ring didn't make him his *****. You named things which didn't have to do with this matchup either so I was giving you a taste of your own medicine.

Bilbo went into his lair. That takes huge balls. Smaug decimated an entire people in minutes. Shelob would be decimated in moments up against Smaug mr. Abc logic.

Nah, Bilbo wins as he is nastier with that sword. If he has the ring it's even more lopsided.

Supra

Samwise beats Bilbo to death. He is bigger, stronger, braver, and the better fighter. Also, the One Ring didn't make him his *****.

****ing boars and hunting whores, you supposed to kill boars and fck whores you ignoramus.

Now I know why your so screwed up in the head hotfuzzed out.

NemeBro
You named things which didn't have to do with this matchup either so I was giving you a taste of your own medicine.

Bilbo went into his lair. That takes huge balls. Smaug decimated an entire people in minutes. Shelob would be decimated in moments up against Smaug mr. Abc logic.

Nah, Bilbo wins as he is nastier with that sword. If he has the ring it's even more lopsided. You like dog dick. thumb up

Only Bilbo never actually defeated Smaug, nor did he defeat anyone on the level of Shelob. Samwise defeated Shelob one on one. He wins.

Nastier with Sting? He doesn't get it this thread, nor does he get the One Ring. Pay attention. thumb up

Sam wins.

Darkstorm Zero
I'll say this, without the light of Erandil, Sam would have been Shelob's next egg incubator while she drained Frodo dry.

However, he did stand up to the Uruk's at the battle of Amon Hen, and later wrecked what was left of the Cirith Ungol garrison solo to rescue Frodo.

I have not had a chance to see Hobbit 2 yet though, so my knowledge of the events is almost purely from the books, but his stand against Azog in the first Hobbit movie speaks volumes as to Bilbo's courage being comparable at least to that of Sam. Courage and skill are 2 very different things here though, so if he didn't take on Smaug head on, then he isn't going to win over a skill contest against someone who managed a significant win over Shelob.

Now, don't get me wrong either. Dragons are frigging badass opponents, easily on par with any demons that Udun ever produced, but the Dragons of the 3rd age are actually much less when compared to 1st age ones like Ancaladon and other 1st age demons. then again, Shelob is also considerably less than Ungoliant... One that managed to screw over Morgoth, who had to call out to 1st age balrogs to rescue him.

NemeBro
****ing boars and hunting whores, you supposed to kill boars and fck whores you ignoramus.

Now I know why your so screwed up in the head hotfuzzed out. Your mother's a whore.

Love,
NemeBro

NemeBro
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I'll say this, without the light of Erandil, Sam would have been Shelob's next egg incubator while she drained Frodo dry.

However, he did stand up to the Uruk's at the battle of Amon Hen, and later wrecked what was left of the Cirith Ungol garrison solo to rescue Frodo.

I have not had a chance to see Hobbit 2 yet though, so my knowledge of the events is almost purely from the books, but his stand against Azin in the first Hobbit movie speaks volumes as to Bilbo's courage being comparable at least to that of Sam. Courage and skill are 2 very different things here though, so if he didn't take on Smaug head on, then he isn't going to win over a skill contest against someone who managed a significant win over Shelob.

Now, don't get me wrong either. Dragons are frigging badass opponents, easily on par with any demons that Udun ever produced, but the Dragons of the 3rd age are actually much less when compared to 1st age ones like Ancaladon and other 1st age demons. then again, Shelob is also considerably less than Ungoliant... One that managed to screw over Morgoth, who had to call out to 1st age balrogs to rescue him. Stop using book terminology man.

quanchi112
You like dog dick. thumb up

Only Bilbo never actually defeated Smaug, nor did he defeat anyone on the level of Shelob. Samwise defeated Shelob one on one. He wins.

Nastier with Sting? He doesn't get it this thread, nor does he get the One Ring. Pay attention. thumb up

Sam wins. It has no bearing on this fight. I don't think Sam could elude Smaug either which has no bearing on this fight either.

I said if he did. Without it he still wins.

Nope. Frodo seemed more formidable than Sam. It's just the way it is.

Supra
Stop using book terminology man.

Yes use no reason just like yourself ****ing boars and hunting whores.

NemeBro
Frodo seemed more formidable than Sam. I actually lol'd.

I get that you like to troll man, but you're trying too hard now, come on.

Darkstorm Zero
Stop using book terminology man.

Can't be helped. But, I am going to see the film in 2 days time.

Supra
The one who always sides with the weak idiots is himself that which he claims to defend.

Supra
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Can't be helped. But, I am going to see the film in 2 days time. I enjoyed your post Thank you

quanchi112
I actually lol'd.

I get that you like to troll man, but you're trying too hard now, come on. I meant Bilbo.

NemeBro
Sure you did.

quanchi112
Sure you did. I did.

Supra
Hot Fuzz has fried your brain. Any an all posts you make here are senseless after reading your location and incoming media.

Your incoming media
Action: Hot Fuzz
Adventure: Hot Fuzz
Romantic: Hot Fuzz
Comedy: Hot Fuzz
Drama: Hot Fuzz
Original Story: Hot Fuzz
Comic: Watchmen
Anime: Bardock: Father of Goku
Foreign: Hot Fuzz

NemeBro
Hot Fuzz is one of the best movies ever created though.

quanchi112
Hot Fuzz is one of the best movies ever created though. I have never even heard of it. That can't be a good sign since I'm a king and all.

Supra
Hot Fuzz is one of the best movies ever created though.

Its a moronic movie of retarded creaming brits who have no clue what they are doing.

NemeBro
Creaming?

mechagoomba
huh

quanchi112
Its a moronic movie of retarded creaming brits who have no clue what they are doing. Nemebro is notorious for bad taste.

Supra
Creaming?

Since you're gay?

The Scenario
Since your gay?

*you're

Nephthys
Hot Fuzz was filmed in the town I live in. I believe I know a few of the background people in it actually.

I will say though that it is one of the best written screenplays I've ever seen. I don't think theres a single wasted line there and almost all the jokes are hilarious.

Supra
Originally posted by The Scenario
*you're

u9_kahA_wQo

NemeBro
Nemebro is notorious for bad taste.

> Tells me I have bad taste
> Likes Troy and Immortals

lol

NemeBro
Since you're gay? Homophobe.

Supra
Homophobe.

Tons of friends that are gay, none act like you. All are extremely smart with great taste. You share none of these traits with these good people.

quanchi112
> Tells me I have bad taste
> Likes Troy and Immortals

lol Troy was very good and Immortals wasn't that good but decent enough.

NemeBro
Wrong on both counts.

NemeBro
Tons of friends that are gay, none act like you. All are extremely smart with great taste. You share none of these traits with these good people. I am smarter than you are though.

Sacred 117
Troy was very good and Immortals wasn't that good but decent enough.

Hm. We actually agree on something... in a way. I honestly don't see what's wrong with Troy, though it's been a while since I've actually seen it, but Immortals gargled ballbag, IMO.

quanchi112
Wrong on both counts. Denial.

Supra
I am smarter than you are though.

Not even close with you media input

NemeBro
I'm going to get down on my knees and shove my head up your ass.

Media input these nuts.

The Scenario
Not even close with you media input

What does that even mean?

Supra
What does that even mean?

That he's a parasite.

The Scenario
That he's a parasite.

I thought I was the parasite?

But seriously, what's this media input thing about?

Sacred 117
I'm going to get down on my knees and shove my head up your ass.

Media input these nuts.

Neme, you're tripping me the f**k out, man!

crylaugh

You can stay. big grin

Supra
I thought I was the parasite?

But seriously, what's this media input thing about?

His media input is atrocious

The Scenario
His media input is atrocious

You don't like Hot Fuzz?

Darkstorm Zero
Wow, this thread ran off the tracks faster than the Orient Express...

*Shrugs*

Firefly218
Getting back on track, bilbo's evasion of Smaug is not a combat feat and is therefore irrelevant. Going strictly by combat feats, sam has been more impressive in my opinion.

and supra you're the whiny fat gnome mad

Supra
Originally posted by Firefly218
Getting back on track, bilbo's evasion of Smaug is not a combat feat and is therefore irrelevant. Going strictly by combat feats, sam has been more impressive in my opinion.

and supra you're the whiny fat gnome mad

TBD.

Badabing
At this time, I think Sam has the better battle feats. The 3rd Hobbit film may change that though.

BurnAfterReadin
I'm giving this to Bilbo simply because he was smarter in combat. Sam was more courageous but he kind of just charged in there. I also don't think that Sam can pierce through Bilbo's mithril armor that easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.