The Definitive: Lobo vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Raging power personified meets the Homicidal Concept.

Pre-DCnU Lobo
vs
Current Hulk

DarkSaint85
What are Lobo's powers?

Are you giving him blood clones etc?

LeonBuco666
They both beat each other to a pulp. They then perform strength feats which are completely irrelevant and tear down the laws of physics and the fabric of space shaking and awakening long dormant dimensions, of which hold the multiverse' most evil and menacing beings, they join forces and punch empty space which some how sow's the fabric of space back together, when the deed is done they lock eyes...hulk grunts and drools, lobo calls him a ****** and that he has had turds better looking than he is....they both go their separate ways because there is no clear winner between Lobo and The Hulk..unless one of them punches back in time before the other is born, of course.

carver9
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
They both beat each other to a pulp. They then perform strength feats which are completely irrelevant and tear down the laws of physics and the fabric of space shaking and awakening long dormant dimensions, of which hold the multiverse' most evil and menacing beings, they join forces and punch empty space which some how sow's the fabric of space back together, when the deed is done they lock eyes...hulk grunts and drools, lobo calls him a ****** and that he has had turds better looking than he is....they both go their separate ways because there is no clear winner between Lobo and The Hulk..unless one of them punches back in time before the other is born, of course.

Lol...makes sense.

Flyattractor
LOBO aint a angry nerd in purple pants so I voted for HIM.

quanchi112
Hulk definitively wins.

Flyattractor
Just to ask What are Current Hulk Levels?

carver9
World breaking.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Random/Starbrand04.jpg.html?

Warlord
to be honest he didn't actually break anything in that scan.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk wins. Not really sure exactly how Lobo is going to go about beating the Hulk in a fight? I just don't see any real options here for Lobo and whatever chance he has will shrink the longer the fight lasts. Against someone like Thor or Orion, I guess you could argue his healing factor might allow him to sustain damage indefinitely for some kind of stalemate (But as we saw against Smite, being able to regrow half your torso in seconds doesn't make much difference against a peer) but that's not something that could be said against the Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by Warlord
to be honest he didn't actually break anything in that scan.

Never said he did but what I'm doing is pointing out where writers place him at.

Flyattractor
Hulk surronds Hulk with puppies and kittens and while Hulk is trying not to trample any of the cuteness LOBO hacks Hulks head off with an adamantuim Hook and chain.

TA DA!

"Id"
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk wins. Not really sure exactly how Lobo is going to go about beating the Hulk in a fight? I just don't see any real options here for Lobo and whatever chance he has will shrink the longer the fight lasts. Against someone like Thor or Orion, I guess you could argue his healing factor might allow him to sustain damage indefinitely (Which isn't true. As we saw against Smite, being able to regrow half your torso in seconds doesn't make much difference against a peer) but that's not something that could be said against the Hulk.

Here is a token for info. Lobo strength is rage infused. He gets stronger, as he gets angrier. No one has ever matched Lobo, at his peak.

Originally posted by carver9
World breaking.

http://s388.photobucket.com/user/OneDumbG0/media/Random/Starbrand04.jpg.html?
World broken.
http://imgur.com/OkVp5UF

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by "Id"
Here is a token for info. Lobo strength is rage infused. He gets stronger, as he gets angrier. No one has ever matched Lobo, at his peak.

Scans? I can honestly say I don't remember this ever being brought up. At least in fights that I can recall.

Is it an actual thing that I've missed or just some cleverly worded panel? Because he's fighting the Hulk here.

Estacado
Current Hulk gets creamed by Lobo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Current Hulk gets creamed by Lobo. Based on ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Current Hulk gets creamed by Lobo.

no expression

Lol. No way.

Estacado
Comics.

"Id"
Scans? I can honestly say I don't remember this ever being brought up. At least in fights that I can recall.

Is it an actual thing that I've missed or just some cleverly worded panel? Because he's fighting the Hulk here and technically Ulik has dynamic anger fueled strength but that doesn't mean anything either.
It was clearly worded.

It was mentioned in "the Last of Us". It also goes on to say that his adrenaline intensity that fuels his strength, is sustained for as long as his healing factor can hold up.

Anyhow here is another example:
Normal Lobo
http://imgur.com/3zXg3Yw

Rage Fueld Lobo
http://imgur.com/fWh0Zzi
http://imgur.com/dNzPZdv

carver9
Lobo strength increasing might just be a one time phrase that has no relevance or on panel depictions (kind of like Doomsday...said the same thing about him but nothing shown on panel proving if the statement is true).

quanchi112
Comics. Make a case not just a blanket statement.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Make a case not just a blanket statement.
Lost eh?
This isnt the Harry Potter forum...

"Id"
Lobo strength increasing might just be a one time phrase that has no relevance or on panel depictions (kind of like Doomsday...said the same thing about him but nothing shown on panel proving if the statement is true).

One time thing? Why do you think he has dynamic strength to begin with? All his high end showing, the ones where he suddenly leaps beyond what a Herald can do, have a common factor. Its him entering those berserk rage. Its been a part of his history since his re-introduction from Omega Man.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was clearly worded.

It was mentioned in "the Last of Us". It also goes on to say that his adrenaline intensity that fuels his strength, is sustained for as long as his healing factor can hold up.

Which story is the Last of Us?

What you're describing says that his healing factor can maintain the boost he gets from his adrenaline levels. Which actually makes sense and has also been attributed to Wolverine. Getting stronger because his adrenaline is pumping doesn't mean he has dynamic strength. I also don't understand why you think that proves NO ONE has ever faced Lobo's peak strength? confused We've seen an angry Lobo fight other Heralds.

Like I said, a cleverly worded panel doesn't actually mean anything in a fight with the Hulk. Lobo having "dynamic strength" is about as relevant as Ulik's "dynamic strength" in a fight with the Hulk.

Anyhow here is another example:
Normal Lobo
http://imgur.com/3zXg3Yw

Rage Fueld Lobo
http://imgur.com/fWh0Zzi
http://imgur.com/dNzPZdv

I don't understand what these scans are suppose to mean?

He grew from a smear to his full sized body which is cool I guess but I never denied that this was beyond his healing factor's capability. What is this suppose to mean in a fight against the Hulk though?

Rage.Of.Olympus
All his high end showing, the ones where he suddenly leaps beyond what a Herald can do, have a common factor. Its him entering those berserk rage.

You literally just defined like every other Herald strong man out there.

Comparing this to the Hulk is just freaking silly bro.

Lobo DOES fluctuate more then other characters as he can go from being crushed by a bulldozer to trading blows with heralds but that's a result of his more cartoonish appearances.

quanchi112
You literally just defined like every other Herald strong man out there.

Comparing this to the Hulk is just freaking silly bro. Exactly. Acting like he has dynamic strength which is acknowledged by virtually every writer who has handled the hulk for years to a few comments and a faulty justification is just wishful thinking.

"Id"
Which story is the Last of Us?

What you're describing says that his healing factor can maintain the boost he gets from his adrenaline levels. Which actually makes sense and has also been attributed to Wolverine. Getting stronger because his adrenaline is pumping doesn't mean he has dynamic strength. I also don't understand why you think that proves NO ONE has ever faced Lobo's peak strength? confused We've seen an angry Lobo fight other Heralds.

Like I said, a cleverly worded panel doesn't actually mean anything in a fight with the Hulk. Lobo having "dynamic strength" is about as relevant as Ulik's "dynamic strength" in a fight with the Hulk.

I don't understand what these scans are suppose to mean?

He grew from a smear to his full sized body which is cool I guess but I never denied that this was beyond his healing factor's capability. What is this suppose to mean in a fight against the Hulk though?
The book is called. "DC Universe: Last Sons"

What it means is very simple. He strength goes up, as his rage intensifies.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Exactly. Acting like he has dynamic strength which is acknowledged by virtually every writer who has handled the hulk for years to a few comments and a faulty justification is just wishful thinking.
Yup. That was the entire reasoning behind Blood and Thunder and Thor's ever increasing strength:
http://s22.postimg.org/v00lq1p8t/Thor_Strength_Interview.jpg

That and with all the other times Thor's outright outperformed his previous levels, there's far more evidence to support Thor having dynamic strength then Lobo. But he doesn't. Not like the Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The book is called. "DC Universe: Last Sons"

What it means is very simple. He strength goes up, as his rage intensifies.

Wait, this one:
http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Last-Alan-Grant/dp/1599506483

Lol, that seems to be some kind of audio book?

No, it really doesn't. Maybe you described it wrong but that's not what it means.

"Id"

Lobo DOES fluctuate more then other characters as he can go from being crushed by a bulldozer to trading blows with heralds but that's a result of his more cartoonish appearances.
Your being childish. Look outside his own titles, that are meant to appeal to dark humor. And into his mainstream appearances. Lobo is one of the most consist heralds, without entering his Berserk Rage.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Your being childish. Look outside his own titles, that are meant to appeal to dark humor. And into his mainstream appearances. Lobo is one of the most consist heralds, without entering his Berserk Rage.

I really don't think I'm the one being childish here.

Lol, berserk rage? Really? Since when is that a thing? Can you reference a single fight where Lobo overcame an enemy due to dynamic strength? You seem to be confusing getting pushed and overcoming one's limitations with dynamic strength. And not just anyone's dynamic strength, the freaking Hulk's. no expression

"Id"
Wait, this one:
http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-Last-Alan-Grant/dp/1599506483

Lol, that seems to be some kind of audio book?

No, it really doesn't. Maybe you described it wrong but that's not what it means.
Its a book. It was also released as an audio book.

In the book, he is locked up in a cell that zaps him every time he strikes it. However the cell also drains his emotional energy. Lobo finds out that he can not build up his anger, and thus his strength to teardown the cell, because the prison drains him of his anger/rage.

The book is quiet literal about it.

Golgo13
At base/average levels, Lobo wins. It's near impossible to take him out with his healing factor.

"Id"
I really don't think I'm the one being childish here.

Lol, berserk rage? Really? Since when is that a thing? Can you reference a single fight where Lobo overcame an enemy due to dynamic strength? You seem to be confusing getting pushed and overcoming one's limitations with dynamic strength. And not just anyone's dynamic strength, the freaking Hulk's. no expression
Lobo's Back. When he tore through the armies of Heaven, Hell, and the Gods. mhmm

DarkSaint85
Don't forget as well, people - it's current Hulk, who doesn't go into WBH mode or anything.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lobo's Back. When he tore through the armies of Heaven, Hell, and the Gods. mhmm

First of all, please make up your mind:
Look outside his own titles, that are meant to appeal to dark humor. And into his mainstream appearances.

You seem to realize that his own titles are a completely different animal from mainstream comics but seem to want to use them and ignore them at the same time.

Also, at what point in that comic was dynamic strength referenced?

Originally posted by Golgo13
At base/average levels, Lobo wins. It's near impossible to take him out with his healing factor.

And how does that let him beat the Hulk exactly? At best, it's an indefinite stalemate as Hulk beats him into paste and Lobo reforms.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Its a book. It was also released as an audio book.

In the book, he is locked up in a cell that zaps him every time he strikes it. However the cell also drains his emotional energy. Lobo finds out that he can not build up his anger, and thus his strength to teardown the cell, because the prison drains him of his anger/rage.

The book is quiet literal about it.

Do you have scans? I've never read this book myself and it would solve the issue. Your original description hinted at his strength increasing with adrenaline and being sustained by his healing factor. And even this description doesn't really change anything in a fight with the Hulk.

Golgo13
First of all, please make up your mind:

You seem to realize that his own titles are a completely different animal from mainstream comics but seem to want to use them and ignore them at the same time.

Also, at what point in that comic was dynamic strength referenced?

And how does that let him beat the Hulk exactly? At best, it's an indefinite stalemate as Hulk beats him into paste and Lobo reforms.

Lobo is quite strong himself. As we've seen in his Superman/Pulsar Stargrave battles. He can KO Hulk, IMO.,

carver9
Lobo is quite strong himself. As we've seen in his Superman/Pulsar Stargrave battles. He can KO Hulk, IMO.,

Lol.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Yes he is but he's no Hulk. Not really. Trading blows with elites and tossing around some Stellar Mass is cool but if you think it proves he can beat the Hulk in a hand to hand fight? Well, I guess, that's why opinions are great. Even the uninformed can have them.

Also, his fight with Smite is far more relevant to a fight with the Hulk than tossing Pulsar. And since his first fight against Superman has been retconned, referring to Clark in a fight with the Hulk? Not really the best bet.....

Golgo13
Lol.

thumb up Thanks for agreeing with me.

"Id"
Yup. That was the entire reasoning behind Blood and Thunder and Thor's ever increasing strength:
http://s22.postimg.org/v00lq1p8t/Thor_Strength_Interview.jpg

That and with all the other times Thor's outright outperformed his previous levels, there's far more evidence to support Thor having dynamic strength then Lobo. But he doesn't. Not like the Hulk.
Berserk Rage.
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/crimsonlordid/Brutality/Deadly%20Serious/batman_lobo_deadly_serious_2_019_zps888accae.jpg
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/crimsonlordid/Brutality/Deadly%20Serious/batman_lobo_deadly_serious_2_020-021_zpsea4f648f.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Berserk Rage.
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/crimsonlordid/Brutality/Deadly%20Serious/batman_lobo_deadly_serious_2_019_zps888accae.jpg
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/crimsonlordid/Brutality/Deadly%20Serious/batman_lobo_deadly_serious_2_020-021_zpsea4f648f.jpg

Lol, from the Batman/Lobo? They were referring to him going on a violence spree. It's not referencing some sort of dynamic strength factor. Strength wasn't even a part of the discussion.

laughing out loud

I have to admire your commitment but this theory is being held together by hopes and dreams man. I'm sorry, but I can't even take this seriously anymore. You're usually a pretty logical fellow Id so I'm going to assume this is some sort of joke?

carver9
thumb up Thanks for agreeing with me.

Hulk holds EVERY advantage in this fight...EVERY advantage. Lobo doesn't have a single thing going for him in this fight that would give him the majority over Hulk. This will end in a beating...a nasty, bloody beating for Lobo.

Golgo13
Hulk holds EVERY advantage in this fight...EVERY advantage. Lobo doesn't have a single thing going for him in this fight that would give him the majority over Hulk. This will end in a beating...a nasty, bloody beating for Lobo.

lol

carver9
lol

Glad we agree.

"Id"
Hulk has his hands full, with a virtual immortal, whose strength can rival his own.

Golgo13
Glad we agree.

*****! shifty

DarkSaint85
This will end in a beating...a nasty, bloody beating for Lobo.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What are Lobo's powers?

Are you giving him blood clones etc?

"Id"
No clones for lobo

Golgo13
No clones for lobo

How do you see this going yourself? Lobo at his height.

quanchi112
Lost eh?
This isnt the Harry Potter forum... It is you who can't even answer a simple question.

quanchi112
How do you see this going yourself? Lobo at his height. Is the Hulk at his best too ? Seems like everyone wants to dismiss the Hulks best while exaggerating Lobo's best.

"Id"
How do you see this going yourself? Lobo at his height.
I don't know. At his height it took the participation of Lord Neron, and his army to contain him.

carver9
Hulk has his hands full, with a virtual immortal, whose strength can rival his own.

I don't think it will be a walk in the park but with all the advantages Hulk have in this fight, don't see how you could vote against Hulk.

DarkSaint85
is Hulk at his best too ? Seems like everyone wants to dismiss the. Hulks best while exaggerate Lobo's best.

He's at current levels, I believe.

carver9
is Hulk at his best too ? Seems like everyone wants to dismiss the. Hulks best while exaggerate Lobo's best.

thumb up I dont think ID wants Hulk at his best.

quanchi112
He's at current levels, I believe. If lobo is at his best and the Hulk isn't that an admission Lobo stands no chance whatsoever against the Hulks best.

"Id"
thumb up I dont think ID wants Hulk at his best.
Hey remember this topic?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=558991&pagenumber=1

"Id"
What you want to turn this into peak values? World Breaker vs I Don't Do Logical?

Yeah sure be my guest, have fun with it.

DarkSaint85
If lobo is at his best and the Hulk isn't that an admission Lobo stands no chance whatsoever against the Hulks best.

Lobo at his best breaks the 4th wall...

Warlord
Lobo via cartoonish showings

quanchi112
Lobo at his best breaks the 4th wall... So does She Hulk. Who cares ?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lobo at his best breaks the 4th wall...

So does She-Hulk etc.

Not really sure what that's supposed to change?

Also, you'd think the very nature of his more silly comics makes it clear they have no actual relevance to how a fight with the Hulk would go (Or really any other Mainstream hero as every appearance in the Main DC has showcased) but whatever comics are comics so who am I to say what counts and what doesn't? It's when people start picking and choosing which portrayals they deem "acceptable" from that genre that a discussion becomes pointless.

DarkSaint85
So does She Hulk. Who cares ?

So does She-Hulk etc.

Not really sure what that's supposed to change?

Also, you'd think the very nature of his more silly comics makes it clear they have no actual relevance to how a fight with the Hulk would go (Or really any other Mainstream hero as every appearance in the Main DC has showcased) but whatever comics are comics so who am I to say what counts and what doesn't? It's when people start picking and choosing which portrayals they deem "acceptable" from that genre that a discussion becomes pointless.

Was just a reply to Quan, who was asserting this was Lobo at his best, when it really isn't. No blood clones, no toon force, no 4th wall antics....

quanchi112
Was just a reply to Quan, who was asserting this was Lobo at his best, when it really isn't. No blood clones, no toon force, no 4th wall antics.... 4th wall antics don't prove she hulk can beat Hulk either. Give Lobo his clones and his best and they all fall before HOTM Hulk.

carver9
4th all antics doesn't prove she hulk can beat Hulk either. Give Lobo his clones and his best and they all fall before HOTM Hulk.

thumb up

"Id"
4th wall antics don't prove she hulk can beat Hulk either. Give Lobo his clones and his best and they all fall before HOTM Hulk.
HotM Hulk vs Toon Force Lobo would end in a stalemate. 4th Wall antics & clones not required.

"Id"
I take that back Lobo rips him limb for limb.

carver9

People that is arguably as strong as Lobo couldn't even move Hulk out of his spot. Didn't even register to him. Yeah, Lobo would get creamed by WBH.

Golgo13

thumb up That's more like it.

quanchi112
HotM Hulk vs Toon Force Lobo would end in a stalemate. 4th Wall antics & clones not required. Completely untrue. Hulk would rip Lobo apart. He has true dynamic strength unlike Lobo.

"Id"
Lobo at his peak, goes on to dismember a clan of Gods. Hulk at his best becomes Zeus whipping dog.

"Id"
Entering Denial Mode in

Golgo13
Lobo at his peak, goes on to dismember a clan of Gods. Hulk at his best becomes Zeus whipping dog.

What gods did Lobo kill? Scans?

carver9

Hulk at his best outperformed a skyfather with one hand.

"Id"
What gods did Lobo kill? Scans?
http://imageshack.us/a/img383/8969/sback0416vsgods0ib.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2915/sback0417vsgods26zz.jpg
Posidon
Zeus
Odin
Athena
Horus
Buddha
Kali/Durga

I can't make out the hooded figure.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Lol? Are you serious with this or are you just trolling Carver? Legitimate question.

"Id"
Lol? Are you serious with this or are you just trolling Carver? Legitimate question. serious reply. Show me Hulk doing the equivalent to what Lobo did to the God Squad. A direct point of comparison.

Rage.Of.Olympus
serious reply. Show me Hulk doing the equivalent to what Lobo did to the God Squad. A direct point of comparison.

There isn't one. No one short of a high end Cosmic can do that to multiple Skyfathers in Marvel. Odin alone is extremely powerful. You KNOW this.

That being said, Hulk still ranges from being stronger to WAY stronger then Lobo and is the definite winner in a hand to hand fight. Using that as a serious point of comparison is ridiculous and it deserves a similar response:

Post some feats for these Gods that place them above a random Asgardian Godling?

I'm also assuming that you'd accept any ridiculously low showings Lobo might have acquired in his more wacky adventures?

"Id"
Whats wrong? Thay scene is in continuity.

Quan & Carver begged for peak values.

Thats Lobo at his best clearing a clan of high/sky father's with his lol dynamic strength.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Whats wrong? Thay scene is in continuity.

Quan & Carver begged for peak values.

Lobo at his best clearing a clan of high/sky father's with his

DC's pantheons are very much alive and unharmed. So is Heaven and Hell. You know why that is? Because there is a big difference between Lobo's comics and mainstream comics. I'm not trying to lowball Lobo here, I really am not. But you would have to be an idiot to not understand the difference. My responses would be similar to anyone who tried to argue Lobo could be taken out by an anvil or f*cked up by regular bullets.

What are the feats of these Skyfathers?

lol dynamic strength.

Lobo does not have dynamic strength. Based on what you've described, he can stronger by getting angrier because it gets his adrenaline pumping but that isn't dynamic strength. Human beings can also experience such moments.

Golgo13
http://imageshack.us/a/img383/8969/sback0416vsgods0ib.jpg
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2915/sback0417vsgods26zz.jpg
Posidon
Zeus
Odin
Athena
Horus
Buddha
Kali/Durga

I can't make out the hooded figure.

Impressive. Also, Three Demons couldn't do shit to Lobo as well. He's truly a god killer.

Golgo13
Also, Starlin's explanation on why Lobo has low to high showings.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/LO_zps3c493638.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really. Existing in Multidimensional realities doesn't explain why he'd go from fighting Superman to getting run over crushed and taken out by bulldozer.

It DOES however explain his more cartoonish comics that seem to still be the same character. Like his crossover with Mask or his crossover with Batman where he even killed Nightwing/Robin IIRC. I actually think that's pretty clever to explain some contradictions like the one I mentioned above (Lobo killing some Skyfathers are clearly not from the mainstream DC).

Golgo13
Not really. Existing in Multidimensional realities doesn't explain why he'd go from fighting Superman to getting run over crushed and taken out by bulldozer.

It DOES however explain his more cartoonish comics that seem to still be the same character. Like his crossover with Mask or his crossover with Batman where he even killed Nightwing/Robin IIRC. I actually think that's pretty clever to explain some contradictions like the one I mentioned above (Lobo killing some Skyfathers are clearly not from the mainstream DC).

I didn't post the whole scene, which explains why he has low to high showings. It was in Starlin's first few issues of Stormwatch.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I didn't post the whole scene, which explains why he has low to high showings. It was in Starlin's first few issues of Stormwatch.

Oh, it's New 52?

That's too bad. I thought it was Pre-Flashpoint, that would have been a neat little explanation.

You know this Lobo was revealed to actually be a fake right and the real one is that skinny Twilight ***? Lol.

Khazra Reborn
DCnU Lobo has like 5 appearances and they're already revamping his continuity lol.

Branlor Swift
Oh, it's New 52?

That's too bad. I thought it was Pre-Flashpoint, that would have been a neat little explanation.

You know this Lobo was revealed to actually be a fake right and the real one is that skinny Twilight ***? Lol. Pre-Flashpoint Lobo wasn't really Lobo in quite a lot of appearances. He was trapped in Hell the whole time.

Golgo13
Oh, it's New 52?

You know this Lobo was revealed to actually be a fake right and the real one is that skinny Twilight ***? Lol.

Yeah, I posted the scans before, but here was the right up from that issue.

http://tessatechaitea.tumblr.com/post/52470997062/stormwatch-21

As for who is the real/fake Lobo? When Starlin took over Stormwatch (Before the skinny Lobo), he was writing the real Lobo.

I guess editorial screwed that up. lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
Too lazy to read all that lol. I'll pick up the issue later.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Pre-Flashpoint Lobo wasn't really Lobo in quite a lot of appearances. He was trapped in Hell the whole time.

Oh yeah.

I remember some of his other appearances were retconned to being some sort of fake. Don't really remember when it starts exactly.

Instead of posting him taking out some "Skyfathers" when a grenade can flatten him, someone should post the time when he got freed as it's really impressive and is actually worth a damn.

Golgo13
When Lobo was in hell, he tanked several mages attacks, which included Zatana. He also had Demons 3 on his belt.

juggernaut74
The Main Man.

quanchi112
Lobo at his peak, goes on to dismember a clan of Gods. Hulk at his best becomes Zeus whipping dog. Context. You can't escape from it no matter how badly you want to.

juggernaut74
What is the new Lobo like compared to the pre-Flashpoint one?

jaxthejester
Another VERY close poll. This one has a 5% (rough) swing too.

Mayhap a Doomsday vs. Lobo Poll is likewise warranted?

As for this fight:

At lowest showings- Lobo wrecks him.

At highest showings- Hulk wrecks him.

At most probable showings- Rough Draw. I agree with the Voters on this site for the most part.

big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by jaxthejester
At lowest showings- Lobo wrecks him.

Lobo due to his nature actually has much lower showings.

BUT I don't think they are really relevant tbh.

jaxthejester
Lobo due to his nature actually has much lower showings.

BUT I don't think they are really relevant tbh.

Are you taking him all the waaaaay back to Omega Men? cool

Come to think... I should dig up those old comics. I haven't read them in a dog's age.
I can't remember the name of the Cat Guy (Wolverine type) for the life of me; but I know I liked him back in the day.

jaxthejester
Young Lobo from Omega Men.

Rocking the 80's Spandex. Keep this image in mind when you vote... laughing

http://www.firstappearanceof.com/images/lobo.jpg

"Id"
DC's pantheons are very much alive and unharmed. So is Heaven and Hell. You know why that is? Because there is a big difference between Lobo's comics and mainstream comics. I'm not trying to lowball Lobo here, I really am not. But you would have to be an idiot to not understand the difference. My responses would be similar to anyone who tried to argue Lobo could be taken out by an anvil or f*cked up by regular bullets.

Actually these Gods survived thier dismemberment, due to heaven being a kill free zone. Therefore permanent death is not possible.

Fact remains Lobo did tear through them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.