The Satanic Temple tries to erect a statue in Oklahoma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=21440030

Your thoughts?

Will this happen or not?

Is it constitutional or silly?

Shakyamunison
Silly! People can be abundantly stupid.

Stealth Moose
It is rather amusing, because it will get shot down due to strong hypocrisy within the area. The imagery couldn't be more easily misunderstood too. "Hey kids, goat-Satan loves you and wants you to give him a hail!"

Lexington
link not working for me, sounds ridiculous though!

Digi
This is not an isolated thing. My city recently passed an ordinance that would allow for numerous gigantic crosses to be constructed in one of the very public walking areas. Complaints ensued. They snuck it in because the religious group claimed the crosses weren't Christian symbols, but generic symbols that people could interpret how they wished.

So a massive petition began to get a bunch of giant penises erected in the same place. The whole thing was a parody of the language used to get the crosses approved. Was pretty funny.

Last I heard, nothing was being built anymore. Alas.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Digi
This is not an isolated thing. My city recently passed an ordinance that would allow for numerous gigantic crosses to be constructed in one of the very public walking areas. Complaints ensued. They snuck it in because the religious group claimed the crosses weren't Christian symbols, but generic symbols that people could interpret how they wished.

So a massive petition began to get a bunch of giant penises erected in the same place. The whole thing was a parody of the language used to get the crosses approved. Was pretty funny.

Last I heard, nothing was being built anymore. Alas.

I think a row of electric-chars or guillotines. Remember that the cross is an execution device.

Wonder Man
Jesus said it best. "If they were my people they would fight for me."

NemeBro
I sure hope the statue gets made.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Impediment
Is it constitutional or silly?

Can't it be both?

Robtard
"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation." -end snip

Lucien Greeves just sound like villainous name.

dadudemon
I work in Downtown OKC right near the capital. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. Erect tons of penises (definitely worded it like that on purpose), Lucifers, buttholes, boobs, mutated fetus statutes (in homage to abortions), rape murals, or anything offensive (there is a massive LGBT community that is quite sensitive: offend them, too...and I'm sure the black community would LOVE to be offended...don't forget the Muslims!).*

Offend as many people as possible. Piss as many people off as possible. "OMG, I am completely offended by this inanimate object! Take it down! Rawr!"

I grow tired of everyone getting offended about everything.

Originally posted by Robtard
"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation." -end snip

Lucien Greeves just sound like villainous name.

We all know that anyone with the name of "Lucien" is a jerk and a doodoo face.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.