Alan,Kyle,& Hal Vs Thor, Surfer,& Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Herald war Part 1! GO!

Alan
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AS_zps824253d7.jpg
Hal
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HAL_zps5641165c.jpg
Kyle
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/KR_zps16556153.jpg

vs

Thor
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/TR_zps8a277302.jpg
Surfer
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SSU_zps92ff53c6.jpg
Quasar
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/QR_zps53c0a550.jpg

zopzop
T2.

Digi
I know nothing about current Kyle's shenanigans. Assuming he's not much different than his Pre-FP self, Marvel wins. Mjolnir is just a nightmare matchup for GLs...and this, even considering that Alan has the most raw power in the fight.

carver9
White Lantern? Really?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Digi
I know nothing about current Kyle's shenanigans. Assuming he's not much different than his Pre-FP self, Marvel wins. Mjolnir is just a nightmare matchup for GLs...and this, even considering that Alan has the most raw power in the fight.

He can basically channel all the emotional energy and use it. Red, Yellow, Green, etc...

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
White Lantern? Really?

Current Kyle, yes. Surfer and WL would be a good matchup.

carver9
So an amped Kyle is a good match for Surfer?

Supermex
Thor and Surfer are bad matchups for G.L's of any color

Golgo13
So an amped Kyle is a good match for Surfer?

I think it would be. Surfer controls and manipulates pretty much all energy. Same with Kyle.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Supermex
Thor and Surfer are bad matchups for G.L's of any color

Alan isn't a real GL.

Blair Wind
White Lantern Kyle is just regular GL Kyle before Johns downgraded their entire powerset. I've yet to see evidence to the contrary or him doing something he couldn't have done in the past.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Blair Wind
White Lantern Kyle is just regular GL Kyle before Johns downgraded their entire powerset. I've yet to see evidence to the contrary or him doing something he couldn't have done in the past.

Eh, not really. When has Kyle drawn the power of Red, Yellow, or Orange before?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Golgo13
Eh, not really. When has Kyle drawn the power of Red, Yellow, or Orange before?
I don't think that's what he meant..

pym-ftw
Team two imo.

But I could understand the otherside winning.

"Id"
If there was any question if Hal belongs with the Elite Heralds, Geoff Johns gave us a firm answer by who he elevated Hal and Sinestro from the rest of the ranks. He is a match for Quasar, Surfer, or Thor.

But come on..that version of Kyle, and Alan? White Lantern Kyle mastered the entire emotional spectrum. And Alan is grossly tapping into the upper limits of the Starheart.

Digi
Alan isn't a real GL.

You're not a real GL.

no expression

But what's your point? It's still a bad matchup. I actually think Alan could beat anyone in this thread 1 on 1. But that's not what this is, and his edge is very slight over Thor and Surfer.

Warlord
Quasar is pretty big on energy drain too and his power levels aint depletting like a GL's. Having said that I don't really think that Allan can be drained and I have no clue for WL so I am undecided yet

quanchi112
Team Thor wins.

Golgo13
You're not a real GL.

no expression

But what's your point? It's still a bad matchup. I actually think Alan could beat anyone in this thread 1 on 1. But that's not what this is, and his edge is very slight over Thor and Surfer.

I don't believe that Thor is a bad matchup for anyone in this thread. WL or Alan. So, agree to disagree.

Digi
I don't believe that Thor is a bad matchup for anyone in this thread. WL or Alan. So, agree to disagree.

Why don't you believe he is? It's energy wielders with base human durability (minus Alan, I suppose) vs. a weapon with the most haxx energy absorption in the tier by a wide margin.

Golgo13
Why don't you believe he is? It's energy wielders with base human durability (minus Alan, I suppose) vs. a weapon with the most haxx energy absorption in the tier by a wide margin.

Because of the power he has now. He channels all the emotional energy as Id stated. Plus, Thor would be facing Alan, anyway. Kyle would be facing Surfer, etc...

carver9
Golgo...who are you giving the majority too?.

Golgo13
Golgo...who are you giving the majority too?.

Can't decide. Hal V Quasar would be a split. Johns has done a number on Hal, so I might give him the edge. Kyle V Surfer. Kyle will have his hands full and I think even a Pre White Lantern Kyle can give Surfer a run for his money. Alan V Thor. Alan for a clear majority. That just leaves a possible Surfer (If he beats Kyle) in the field and I don't think he can take both of Alan and Hal, so...

Digi
Because of the power he has now. He channels all the emotional energy as Id stated. Plus, Thor would be facing Alan, anyway. Kyle would be facing Surfer, etc...

Er, unless the fight plays out a different way. Rarely would such confrontation merely be three 1-on-1 matches, but more of a larger clusterf*ck.

srug

Golgo13
Er, unless the fight plays out a different way. Rarely would such confrontation merely be three 1-on-1 matches, but more of a larger clusterf*ck.

srug

I was just going by what matches would be best. Alan has taken in to multiple heroes in the JLA/JSA arc anyway. Which is why I see the team 1 getting a small edge. It's really Alan and Kyle.

Bentley
Kyle beats the crap out of them. Then he b_tchslaps Hal.

"Id"

srug

Even as a team effort. Kyle can easily amp Hal (not sure about Alan), with Blue Light exposure.

Bentley
Originally posted by "Id"
Even as a team effort. Kyle can easily amp Hal (not sure about Alan), with Blue Light exposure.

Thats how Hal survives long enough to be b_tchslapped by Kyle in the end.

Digi
Originally posted by "Id"

See, this is a good point. I hadn't considered it.

And yes, the fight could go either way. If Alan throws The Book at them, my original opinion might be wrong. I still think it's a rough matchup for the GLs though.

carver9
Wonder why Alan is being used at his highest. On average, Alan isn't doing what people are saying unless we go by his highest of showings (which is unfair to the others).

"Id"
I am going by the picture posted. And thats a very High End Alan. He was tearing though Justice Society.

Digi
Wonder why Alan is being used at his highest. On average, Alan isn't doing what people are saying unless we go by his highest of showings (which is unfair to the others).

Well, if we take absolute highest showings, a few could arguably be on his level. Thor and Surfer's top 1-2 showings are in the same ballpark. But he has more uber showings, so technically "on average" he's be higher than anyone here. His median showing would be no better than the others, though, which is what I think you're getting at.

He's clearly #1 here, unless you come up with some clever inter-team amps.

Supermex
I dont know..
If ssomeone is beating the likes of Silver Surfer, Thor, then most likely there above high herald I say..

So is this a other Dc vs Marvel fight
with Dc already having an edge at the start of the fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.