Crazy Talk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
What if humans do evolve into a more intelligent form of life one day?

We have omega-computers or whatever, and so we run a simulation of the big bang, with a unified super-string theory of everything, and everything should happen just the same in that holographic universe as this one, correct? What if it didn't? What if our futures selves zoomed in on earth when the first humans, neanderthals, et cetra were supposed to be first appearing, and they don't?

Of course a simulation can be manipulated, humans can be put there. It's almost foreboding, providence, and prophecy, the fact that no where in this universe does intelligent life evolve save on earth, combined with the fact that humans are the product of an intervention in hologram after hologram. Whereas nothing else needs to be tampered with in the whole cosmos, and other than humanity's slight manipulations of the earth so far, nothing is really different at all in the grand scheme of things, regardless of whether or not our future selves put humans on earth at a certain point in time or not....until we evolve into something capable of changing everything everywhere.

What does that say about religion?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Oneness

Nothing?

Stealth Moose
Isaac Asimov did a story similar to this. Or so I suspect; it's nearly five am and I may have skimmed a bit.

In any case, if technology sufficiently advanced enough to be unrecognizable could be considered 'magic', then 'God' could potentially be a sufficiently advanced being. Therefore, any spiritual or supernatural attributes we give to him/her/it/them is simply because of our technologically inferior viewpoint and not because of any truly special niche the being has in all of creation.

After all, we could create a world suitable for living and manipulate it to fine detail for very primitive life-forms, like ants, bacteria, etc.

Oneness
This was kind of an alternate reality in which we're here. In my scenario, naturally, we never even existed, we would have had to of existed to be capable of making a holographic universe and making humans evolve in it. It's a paradox, it doesn't work without something far more complex even than humanity evolved.

By the time the simulation is run, "humanity evolved" is still spreading about the universe (unquestionably at a rate faster than the acceleration of light in a vacuum), and would eventually need to find a way to escape entropy. The only way to do that is some whack string manipulation. A higher dimensional intelligence could perhaps be responsible for said alterations because there's no clue about the capacities of technology in higher dimensions.

Oneness
My point is that anything supporting our universe is a hologram also supports the idea of something older and more powerful than us. To them, finding out that humanity was just put here out of place supports the idea of something older and more powerful than them.

And it's a good sign, a good indication, an encouraging idea because it means we have a purpose. It means we weren't born out of chaos.

I think my ideas are pretty neat if I do say so myself.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Isaac Asimov did a story similar to this. Or so I suspect; it's nearly five am and I may have skimmed a bit.

NO WAY. Oneness making a post loosely resembling a classic science fiction story? That is unheard of!!!

Digi
And it's a good sign, a good indication, an encouraging idea because it means we have a purpose. It means we weren't born out of chaos.

You need to have purpose given to you from something else? What's wrong with generating your own?

I also feel obligated to point out this is all one big "What If" at the moment. We haven't a shred of evidence for anything you're suggesting.

Shakyamunison

We have omega-computers or whatever, and so we run a simulation of the big bang, with a unified super-string theory of everything, and everything should happen just the same in that holographic universe as this one, correct? What if it didn't? What if our futures selves zoomed in on earth when the first humans, neanderthals, et cetra were supposed to be first appearing, and they don't?

Of course a simulation can be manipulated, humans can be put there. It's almost foreboding, providence, and prophecy, the fact that no where in this universe does intelligent life evolve save on earth, combined with the fact that humans are the product of an intervention in hologram after hologram. Whereas nothing else needs to be tampered with in the whole cosmos, and other than humanity's slight manipulations of the earth so far, nothing is really different at all in the grand scheme of things, regardless of whether or not our future selves put humans on earth at a certain point in time or not....until we evolve into something capable of changing everything everywhere.

The universe is too complex to be fully described by a model. Even an advanced race could not create a perfect model of the universe that repeats everything in the universe. The most we could hope for is an approximation.

If we had such a model and we found that humans did not exist in it, then the only conclusion we could draw is that the existence of humans is rare.

siriuswriter
It's because Oneness is really Dolos...

Oneness
Originally posted by Digi
You need to have purpose given to you from something else? What's wrong with generating your own?

Think of all that goes wrong in the world, think of it all for nothing. Think about all that can go wrong for you, and there's no security or certainty of a reason for it. What if you had clues that all suffering every experienced by humanity will have been for something? Something being evolution of intelligent life, because when you disrupt a system bad things happen. Bad things have happened to nature due to humanity's machinations. Animal slaughter is the first thing that pops to mind, see, "The Jungle" by Uptain Sinclair. But what if it was ultimately worth it?

That's why it's crazy talk, that and it's very mind blowing to ponder such a thing.

There's Fermi's paradox, states that:

>intelligent life in there are billions of solar systems
>many of which may have earth-like worlds in green-zone orbit to their stars
>out of those many may have developed complex organic molecules and evolution

According to the Drake Equation - there should be 12,000 intelligent civilizations in our galaxy.

Some of them have are hundreds of millions to billions ahead of humanity - according to Fermi they would have had plenty of time to colonize the whole galaxy by now.

Where are they? No way to know.

It's at least a shred of evidence about the exclusivity of the human race.

There is also a shred of evidence that our universe may be simulated.

Of course being in a simulations does not disprove a solid, physical universe.

And in time, we may have a theory of everything (a perfect big bang theory that accounts for everything), I'm thinking Dark Matter and Energy will turn out to be related to super-gravity, holographic universe theory, as simulations support it.

Mindship

What does that say about religion? Read "The Timeships" by Stephen Baxter. At the very least, research "Xeelee".

Bardock42
Originally posted by siriuswriter
It's because Oneness is really Dolos...

Well, yeah, but like, he just changed his name...

Oneness
I know there isn't any more of a possibility for a higher dimensional sentience - to account for evidence of a simulated universe, Fermi's Paradox, and the missing link all at once - than there is for any other pseudo-scientifically feasible explanation.

However, it is something I hope is true, and if it is true it is an astounding reality. All lower dimensions are within higher dimensions, normal temporal and spatial chronology can be broken in the 4th dimension - and of course the 11th dimension encompasses all the others, temporally and spatially, simultaneously. Where is God? It would be in the 11th dimension.

Oneness
There may not be a "missing link", but there is ever a lack of conclusiveness in the fossil record, especially regarding the gap between apes and homo Sapiens. That is compounded by Fermi's paradox for what we are talking about here. That within the 12,000 intelligent civilizations in our galaxy alone, perhaps thousands are millions of years ahead of us, therefore they should have already 'transformed' the earth long before the dawn of man. As for the Drake Equation, it is of course all the "most likely" estimation.

The other possibilities may be equally provocative, such as the notion that perhaps there is intelligent life here on earth that predates humans - were they responsible for the evolution of organic lifeforms here? Anything is possible. Why have we not been made extinct by asteroids yet? It is very likely we could face collision at any given moment to the outer-solar asteroid belt. Jupiter has recently been bombarded by three enormous asteroids (the the likelihood of a collision of earth is far lower due to it's relatively 'itsy bitsy' volume area), earth gets hit all the time, as does the moon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.