Fate, Shade, & Swamp Thing Vs Genis, Sentry, & Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Fate (Kent)
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/DF_zps59e965fc.jpg
Swamp Thing
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SW_zps5ae4b1a3.jpg
Shade
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SH_zpsf3a0887c.jpg

vs

Photon Genis
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/PG_zps7aae802b.jpg
Strange
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/DOS_zps242dcc06.jpg
Sentry
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SEN_zpsf1aa4eee.jpg

Tony Stark
Team 2 STOMPS

Warlord
Gennis

Golgo13
Originally posted by Warlord
Gennis

How do they win?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Golgo13
How do they win?

By overpowering them... Duh

Golgo13
Originally posted by Tony Stark

laughing out loud

SquallX

You make it like overpowering the Swamp Thing is an easy feat.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by SquallX
You make it like overpowering the Swamp Thing is an easy feat.

For either SENTRY, Photon Genis or Dr. Strange yes it is.

SquallX
For either SENTRY, Photon Genis or Dr. Strange yes it is.

No it's not.

Swamp Thing was able to beat the new Avatar of the Green while weakened. This was a ST that had prior fought against most of the original avatars to escape from the Green.

As long as there's green on the Earth, it's nearly impossible to beat ST. Add to the fact that he was able to do battle against Blight without dying in the first second shows how powerful he is.

yaadaveyaa
i dont think its an easy ft beating ST but thers way to much power on team 2 way way to much if this battled happened with them standing in front of eachother and beginning it wouldnt last long once the 3 on team 2 ganged up on ol ST

Enzeru
Originally posted by SquallX
No it's not.

Swamp Thing was able to beat the new Avatar of the Green while weakened. This was a ST that had prior fought against most of the original avatars to escape from the Green.

As long as there's green on the Earth, it's nearly impossible to beat ST. Add to the fact that he was able to do battle against Blight without dying in the first second shows how powerful he is.

You're making the same mistake hardcore Sentry / Lobo / Deadpool / Wolverine fanboys are making.
Just because there is an insane regeneration factor or maybe even immortality involved, it doesn't mean that they automatically win every fight.

Yeah, Swamp Thing could regenerate as long as theire is something green on the planet. And yeah, Swamp Thing could even regenerate as long there is green in the universe or something like that, but would that help him in a fight against people, who don't care about what he can dish out?

You're free to make the argument that Swamp Thing could outlast his opponents, but I dare you to make arguments for him actually beating people of Sentry's, Photon's and Strange's caliber. Everything he can do doesn't bother them.

In my eyes they have the advantage because of that, because they could hinder him more than he could hinder them.

PS: By then again, I'm by no means a Swamp Thing expert, so you might know something that I don't know. If that's the case, please make your case. But until then - in my opinion - Swamp Thing will be just regenerating through the entire fight due to the damage Sentry and Photon would passivly dish out. He would be a non-factor.

yaadaveyaa
his regen is not like a wolverine or deadpool hes much stronger but strange could move him to different planes if he wanted if it stayed on earth hes really tough to take down bcuz of his regen and he is uber strong maybe not as strong as genis but he'd give anyone of team 2 a fight

Enzeru
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
his regen is not like a wolverine or deadpool hes much stronger but strange could move him to different planes if he wanted if it stayed on earth hes really tough to take down bcuz of his regen and he is uber strong maybe not as strong as genis but he'd give anyone of team 2 a fight

Having strong regeneration doesn't make you win fights.
Deadpool has regenerated from being a pulp, but he still won't beat a capable high meta human.

The same applies for Swamp Thing. Yeah, he can regenerate and is very versatile, but that won't win him any fights. Someone like Sentry / Photon or Strange with his shields could just be standing there and take everything Swamp Thing has to offer, if everyone is fighting at their best.
Swamp Thing could grow to the size of a mountain or larger and it would still not be enough to beat them, since all it would do is to ... LITERALLY ... stomp them into the ground, yet they would destroy him with a single attack.

Swamp Thing can keep regenerating as long as he wants, but that's all he would do in this fight.
If anyone can provide enough proof that he has damage output on pair of team 2, feel free to do so. I do not know of such instances. (And him beating the Rot or stuff like that doesn't quite cut it either TBH)

SquallX
Originally posted by Enzeru
You're making the same mistake hardcore Sentry / Lobo / Deadpool / Wolverine fanboys are making.
Just because there is an insane regeneration factor or maybe even immortality involved, it doesn't mean that they automatically win every fight.

Yeah, Swamp Thing could regenerate as long as theire is something green on the planet. And yeah, Swamp Thing could even regenerate as long there is green in the universe or something like that, but would that help him in a fight against people, who don't care about what he can dish out?

You're free to make the argument that Swamp Thing could outlast his opponents, but I dare you to make arguments for him actually beating people of Sentry's, Photon's and Strange's caliber. Everything he can do doesn't bother them.

In my eyes they have the advantage because of that, because they could hinder him more than he could hinder them.

PS: By then again, I'm by no means a Swamp Thing expert, so you might know something that I don't know. If that's the case, please make your case. But until then - in my opinion - Swamp Thing will be just regenerating through the entire fight due to the damage Sentry and Photon would passivly dish out. He would be a non-factor.

I know that, i wasn't claiming he cant be beat. I was responding to Tony saying they'll easily over powered ST. Which is not true.

I can see this team beating DCNU ST, but the second you switch it to pre DNCU, he stomps by himself.

Golgo13
Swamp Thing isn't even the most powerful here. That's Shade AND Dr. Fate. Swamp Thing comes in close, though.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Enzeru
Having strong regeneration doesn't make you win fights.
Deadpool has regenerated from being a pulp, but he still won't beat a capable high meta human.

The same applies for Swamp Thing. Yeah, he can regenerate and is very versatile, but that won't win him any fights. Someone like Sentry / Photon or Strange with his shields could just be standing there and take everything Swamp Thing has to offer, if everyone is fighting at their best.
Swamp Thing could grow to the size of a mountain or larger and it would still not be enough to beat them, since all it would do is to ... LITERALLY ... stomp them into the ground, yet they would destroy him with a single attack.

Swamp Thing can keep regenerating as long as he wants, but that's all he would do in this fight.
If anyone can provide enough proof that he has damage output on pair of team 2, feel free to do so. I do not know of such instances. (And him beating the Rot or stuff like that doesn't quite cut it either TBH)

oh i def think he loses dont get me wrong sentry destroys him for sure dr fate would just take him to a new plane and genis well easy stomp but he has feats of str that hes stronger than ne one on team 2 hes a bruiser who can really slug it out his power set is actually very strong again not capable of beating team 2 but i was just clarifying from your above question its not all about his regen while that does help it wont win him this fight

Golgo13
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
oh i def think he loses dont get me wrong sentry destroys him for sure dr fate would just take him to a new plane and genis well easy stomp but he has feats of str that hes stronger than ne one on team 2 hes a bruiser who can really slug it out his power set is actually very strong again not capable of beating team 2 but i was just clarifying from your above question its not all about his regen while that does help it wont win him this fight

How does he stomp Shade? Once Shade put up a force field to block all of DC's heroes from it. Nobody could get in. Plus, he has fought Gods and even Dr. Fate/Spectre respected his power.

yaadaveyaa
How does he stomp Shade? Once Shade put up a force field to block all of DC's heroes from it. Nobody could get in. Plus, he has fought Gods and even Dr. Fate/Spectre respected his power.

when you refer to he which one do u mean?

beatboks
The version of Fate here is it the original Kent?? As is not Kent v??

Reason I ask is if so he's likely the most powerful here. His magic is close to Classic Dr Strange ( I would say behind by only a smidge).

Physically he's at the level of Superman in strength and durability without his magical talismans with them much higher.

When it comes to energy manip he's easily Cap atom or SS level. His classic appearances referred to him drawing on the energy of things around him or his adversaries and using it against them

His TK was enough that in the golden age he was able to mentally push a planet into a sun

His energy blasts were enough that when he " called on the well springs of life" for power they could be felt in three universes far apart.

He was immune to reality manipulation and a reality manipulator in his own right. In the immortal Dr fate mini ( which retold stories from Flash and DC presents) he fought Ynar and Vandeamon to aligned lords of order and chaos who warped the universe around them to suit their needs and they couldn't warp him his tower or wife because of this but he turned everything back after beating them. He also fought the Aztec god of war Totec who warped reality of all earth during which it was stated on panel that neither Totec or Date could be destroyed as they were both without end.

Who on team 2 is defeating him

Tony Stark
Originally posted by beatboks
The version of Fate here is it the original Kent?? As is not Kent v??

Reason I ask is if so he's likely the most powerful here. His magic is close to Classic Dr Strange ( I would say behind by only a smidge).

Physically he's at the level of Superman in strength and durability without his magical talismans with them much higher.

When it comes to energy manip he's easily Cap atom or SS level. His classic appearances referred to him drawing on the energy of things around him or his adversaries and using it against them

His TK was enough that in the golden age he was able to mentally push a planet into a sun

His energy blasts were enough that when he " called on the well springs of life" for power they could be felt in three universes far apart.

He was immune to reality manipulation and a reality manipulator in his own right. In the immortal Dr fate mini ( which retold stories from Flash and DC presents) he fought Ynar and Vandeamon to aligned lords of order and chaos who warped the universe around them to suit their needs and they couldn't warp him his tower or wife because of this but he turned everything back after beating them. He also fought the Aztec god of war Totec who warped reality of all earth during which it was stated on panel that neither Totec or Date could be destroyed as they were both without end.

Who on team 2 is defeating him

Take your pick

Golgo13
Damn fate solos.

Tony Stark
Damn fate solos.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

beatboks
Take your pick

Even if Sentry went Void he'd only be close to an even match for Classic Fate

Even when insane Genis can't do crap as his greatest power reality warping won't even effect Fate.

And Strange at Classic levels at best could only stalemate.

He could fight a Blood lusted Amped Corrigan Spectre for 6 pages in All star Squadron and the only way Spectre won was by BFRing him because he couldn't destroy or harm him.

Classic Fate can reality warp on a universal level, was immune to universal level reality manip and has multiversal level feats. The best anyone here can do is stalemate him for a while.

Since in the battle with Spectre in ASS that I mentioned he split himself into 5 equal full powered fates he could double team two of them while holding off a third alone.

Supermex
Is this fight guys above herald lvl vs guys at herald lvl?
Again?

beatboks
Originally posted by Supermex
Is this fight guys above herald lvl vs guys at herald lvl?
Again?

Who here is only Herald level???
Insane Genis, voided out Sentry, and classic Strange are all teams level.
Same for Fate ( kent other versions wouldn't be), Shade and ST ( if it's post parliament of trees upgrade anyway)

Konton
Shade was said to be a fighting match for the Spectre, you know.

I just don't think team 2 is gunna win a majority.

beatboks
Originally posted by Konton
Shade was said to be a fighting match for the Spectre, you know.

I just don't think team 2 is gunna win a majority.

Statements =/= feats and he hasn't the feats to support that.

Fate has fought Spec 3 or 4 times with most leaning to spec by plot in the end. Even with the feats he's not Spec's equal.

Konton
Shade has tussled with gods even recently in his latest ongoing, so the statements are relatively supported. He's been defeated by whom? Ever?

beatboks
Shade has tussled with gods even recently in his latest ongoing, so the statements are relatively supported. He's been defeated by whom? Ever?

Ted Knight, and one of his sons

Golgo13

Yeah, they really pushed him in power.

psycho gundam
Damn fate solos. Originally posted by Golgo13
You shouldn't debate in your own threads

Golgo13
Shut it, Psycho.

psycho gundam
http://i40.tinypic.com/4q5qa.gif

Golgo13
You're pretty big on the other side of that keyboard. laughing out loud

Stupid skank! stick out tongue

psycho gundam
eh, man. if you're bout that life i'll pay for your plane/bus ticket here.

Golgo13
Originally posted by psycho gundam
eh, man. if you're bout that life i'll pay for your plane/bus ticket here.

Send the money first. big grin

psycho gundam
it's time to fight, prep-man

Golgo13
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it's time to fight, prep-man

Flawless victory. wink

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/WM_zps515e2afd.gif

DarkSaint85
Golgo wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.