most over rated movie ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire349
gladiator. how about you guy's choice?

Augeybana
I'll have to say Tomb Raider.Also any rapper who did a martial arts movie Hip Hop and Martial Arts will never fit right....NEVER.That includeds Cradle 2 the Grave,Exit Wound and that other Steven Segal movie.

turin
boy i could name a ton, but i would have to say american beauty, well i guess i cant say that i never saw it cause it looked stupid, how about titanic, well actually i never saw that one either. hmmmm. maybe we should have a thread that was worst movie that you never saw. i guess most overrated would be, my big fat greek wedding.

finti
Schindlers List

Dexx
titanic and english pacient

Thomas H
Godfather and 2001 a Space Odessey!

mah
matrix

Mujaffa
ladies man, star trek, and jurassic park II and III

Thomas H
Star Trek suckes!

Corran
Debbie does Dallas.

finti
laughing out loud

well I totally agree with mahs pick here

GordonSkywalker
Star Trek has spawned several movies with different casts. Which movie do you think sucks?

Corran
The one where they brough spock back from the dead was pretty poor.

GordonSkywalker
That was "The Search For Spock". That was my favorite until "The Final Frontier" came out.

finti
ALL OF THEM

GordonSkywalker
That's your opinion.

finti
you asked

GordonSkywalker
But for a real overrated movie try Moulin Rouge.

finti
never bothered to see it, dont watch musicals

Thomas H
indeed....

GordonSkywalker
So what you boys think about Austin Powers? That is the most overrated thing I have seen in a long time! sick

finti
the first one was boring the next two was funny, Fat Bastard rules

Corran
I'm dead Sexy.

finti
I was sexy you were crap

Corran
laughing out loud

Thomas H
haha

finti
first thing first, where`s your shitter I got a turtle head poking out

Thomas H
hahah....

you probably have more than that up there finsterbig grin

but you sure arent allowed to use my Crapper!

turin
i loved all the Austin Powers movies, but i feel they got better as Dr. Evil got more screen time. the whole gold member character i didnt think was all that great, but that actor (forgot his name) more than makes up for it with the other characters. and how about fuk u and fuk me, yowzas!!! Austins a lucky man.

Fire
well most overrated movie ever
every jim carey movie

Dexx
not truman show.

Godfather is Really overrated.
And yes..all star trek sucks.
i liked the first series though..the old ones. i watched them when i was lil

BackFire349
yeah godfather is over rated. oh, so is saving private ryan.

mechmoggy
Titanic by a long way, that film was so crap it was funny.

Thomas H
seems to me like everybody hates Titanic!

BackFire349
i dont hate it, i dont think its anything special though.

Thomas H
I hate it!

BackFire349
it wasnt THAT bad. just a bit cheesy. it certainly didnt deserve the popularity or the awards it won.

Thomas H
indeed!

Fire
sorry dexx the truman show was overrated as well
not as much as the others but still

BackFire349
truman show was a good movie.

Thomas H
never botherd to see that movie!

duffy
yeah but Me, Myself & Irene was greatsmile

mah
jim carrey is great.

titanic was good

Thomas H
yes he is!

finti
no it wasnt

Dexx
well...there wasn't such a big fuss about it as on our classic overrated movies. And it is by far jim carrey's best movie.
I kinda liked it.

mah...titanic???
sick ...even the acting really sucked

zimbo
Everyone knows Ace Ventura was Carrey's best movie

Dexx
umm..no....YOU know that.
Ace ventura is jim carrey monkeying around. and..that's it.

mechmoggy
I'd say Me, Myself and Irene is his funniest work.

That or maybe Dumb and Dumber, that cracks me up.

Thomas H
dumb and dumber is super!

Asuka_Langely02
The matrix, x-men, resident evil, tombraidor, crouching tiger hidden dragon, and daredevil

desilu
i don't know if anyone listed this movie before but Resevoir Dogs is the most overrated movie ever. Personally i thought it sucked it was too slow and took too long to progress and when it did it had nothing to offer that another movie hasn't already done.

Dexx
Whaaat???

BackFire349
i agree with crouching tiger. it was just a karate movie combined with the matrix.

Dexx
bwah!...it has story! it has atmosphere! good acting! it has drama! more or less unreal fighting but it works in that story surrounding. That sword fight is great. IT's..great.
in my top 10 movies.

Thomas H
didnt like crousing tiger my self....boring...and they tried too much to make it groundbreaking!!...wich they did not!

mah
it was awesome

Thomas H
no it was notbig grin

finti
didnt like the flying part

Dexx
yes...that fits well into the story. Magical atmosphere.

Augeybana
I don't know if I said this yet or anyone else but Malibu Most Wanted is too overrated for it's good.

Tevesh
Final Fantasy.

hate me if you will, the graphics were great, but it had no plot line

Thomas H
it sucked!

Dexx
What?....it was great!
The americans were in asociation with a japanese production house. (japanese ppl don't make bad quality things...it's in their blood)

it had a plot line...and it had some truly beautiful immages. Besides....the detail worked to hair level?..that's something (and don't tell me about monsters incorporated having the same thing because it sucked)

That Aki Ross character is better than many i've seen in filmed movies.

Augeybana
Just because it was a had something to do with Japan it was an animated good movie it sucked.

Thomas H
it sucked!

BackFire349
it brought shame to the great video games. it was a bad and boring movie. pretty graphics. lousy everything else.

Dexx
ok..fine. *yells* i need some support here.

mah
too true. sorry dexx, just because a great game company backed it doesn't mean it was any good.

preston mullins
Over rated? I'd say Training Day.

duffy
i'd back u up dex but it really did suck alot!

GordonSkywalker
I cannot make comment for or against as I am not familiar with either the film or the game.

Thomas H
Training Day was gooD"!!

rogue_st
It is said that in ancient China martial arts experts had the ability to fly, so that shouldn't bother you.

Anyway my vote for most over-rated movie goes to "The Sixth Sense"?
What's so good about that anyway.

GordonSkywalker
I didn't like it when I saw it with my estranged sister four years ago.

BackFire349
i also think usual suspects and fight club are over rated. yeah, sixth sense is over rated too. well basically the ending is

GordonSkywalker
Yeah I hated it and never saw it a second time.

Fire
lol backfire you do know those three movies you summed up have something in common

Thomas H
I hated fight club the first time I saw it, but the second time..I loved it!

BackFire349
they all have over rated surprise endings.

GordonSkywalker
Change of hearts over films is an interesting thing gentlemen. I hated Conan films and westerns as a child but love them now I am grown.

BackFire349
dont get me wrong. i dont think fight club, usual suspects and sixth sense are bad movies. i just dont think they are all that great. especially their endings. if you want to see a truley mind blowing ending, look no further then se7en.

Thomas H
usual suspects are fu*king great!

BackFire349
i didnt think so. i guessed the ending pretty quickly. it was rather a disapointment after all the fuss i heard about it.

Augeybana
Another over rated movie is "Next Friday" and even more than that "Friday after the Next" terrible sequels.

Midknight
Most overrated movie?

The Phantom Menace.

Nuff said.

BackFire349
phantom menace isnt rated very well by most people though.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah it is the 'black sheep' of the Star Wars family.

Thomas H
sure is!

turin
i liked it, but there were things that kind of messed up the show. i think the basis of the movie is great, it was when you got into the details of it that it went skiwampus.

Dexx
smile..i like TPM best of every sw movies.

Fightclub was and still is one of my top best movies. Next to pulp fiction, Snatch, doberman..bla..bla.

The 6th sense was mediocre...i wouldn't call it overrated

ChinaNiki
I know it was popular, but I HATED Jerry Maguire. I never look at my watch during a movie, but I was looking every five minutes during that one. The only good parts about that movie were Cuba Gooding, Jr and Regina King.

I also thought Batman and Robin was way overrated.

chica16
a beautiful mind was overrated... it didn't deserve the oscar over LOTR... craziness, terminator 3.. geez,

Godshinto
2 Fast 2 Furious was way to over rated. although I enjoyed the movie it was just way to over rated.

undomiel
Pearl Harbor was way over rated

diegocala
The Matrix Reloaded

badkittykitty
right now LXG...'cause I just watched it.

KidRock
8 mile..WoW that movie blowed. I mean look who was in it. Eminem thats the biggest ******* he deserves to get shot picked up shot again and repeat if desired.

bigbadbike2
In the Bedroom. I hate dramas anyway, and it won tons of awards. I despise this movie. Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why, Why? mad

buffymitch
the matrix relaoded
Tha movie sucked BIG time

Ziggyzaz
I thought Starwars Episode One was good but the Next one was way to overrated. Very Pointless and took forever to get over

Augeybana
8 Mile sucks the most and Emniem suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Godshinto
How can you that movie sucs it had everything rapping drama Kim Basanger riding some guy and a somewhat happy ending.

Ziggyzaz
It sucks

Godshinto
No you suck

BackFire349
8 mile wasnt bad. i was expecting to hate it, but i was somewhat pleased. rap battles were pretty interesting. movie wasnt good, wasnt bad. just average at best.

the most over rated movie is gladiator.

Thomas H
>2001 a space odessey!

Rogue Jedi
the empire strikes back was the BEST of the star wars movies. the most overrated movie ever made? waterworld.

Rogue Jedi
i agree that eminem sucks.

mikeysgothicgur
American Buety

RockyBalboa
My big fat Greek Wedding

Not really funny at all

bigbadbike2
Kim Bassinger isn't in 8 mile is she?

bluegrass
I think she plays Eminems mom.

Kes
Yeh she plays Eminems' mom.

happy kine
most overrated movie in recent memory is titanic. most overrated movie of all time is a tie... godfather and casa blanca.

Neo_Version 7
I don't know about you guys but I thought Phone Booth was overrated. Some reviewers called it original. The sniper with the victim; talking to each other on the phone. It wasn't original at all. Wesley Snipes and Linda Fiorentino made a movie entitled "Liberty Stands Still" with almost the same plot. Though overall, Phone Booth had a better outcome then Liberty, I still find it disturbing because of its so called originality. Though I'm a big fan of the Matrix, I kinda find it overrrated too. Anyone seen a movie called "Dark City"? Its really cool. Corny at times tho. It still rocks.

Kes
Yeh Dark city is cool. As for Phone Booth I like it but it's easy to know how the killer is by the voice so it kinda ruins the ending. But I liked it.

Stormy_Day
Titanic easily takes the cake

Most overrated movie/book...definetly lord of the rings

Cinemaddiction
I hate the word overrated.

There's nothing to base it on, and it's usually constituted in one persons opinions and observations.

Besides, who's ratings are being taken into account here to call something "overrated"?

Just because a lot of people like a movie and a few others don't, that means it's overrated?

The praise bestowed upon LOTR movies is merited, because there is no other fantasy novel movie adaptation that could touch it on sheer direction, costume and set design, cinematography..nothing. It's in a league of it's own.

Don't confuse others by saying a movie is "overrated", simply because you don't like or appreciate it.

vvvrulz
I second that... big time.
This movie was terrible.

Myth
LOTR trilogy. yes

Stormy_Day
Not terrible just overated wink

LOTR trilogy is not overated and it deserves every fan every oscar is has erm

vvvrulz
What was wrong with the LOTR trilogy, maybe it was just a tad overrated, but it was still brilliant.

<<Solo>>
Finding Nemo and I third Titanic

ragesRemorse
to many to pick just one

BackFire
The Passion of the Crap

WindDancer
Overated and lame.

Titanic
Gangs of New York
The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Revolutions
Bowling for Columbine
Spiderman
28 days later

scabby mcgee
Titantic
Seabiscuit - overrated sentimental fluff
Clerks - the idea of the movie was cool, but the acting was so horrible

Stormy_Day
I didnt think Seabiscuit was overated confused

BloomBabyGirl
Secret Window

Aurora
I agree to anyone who says Titanic... I just don't get it.....

Stormy_Day
4 people so far have voted TITANIC not including the 100 post that came before me messed

rianna_d
Titanic
spiderman
Matrix

the LOTR trilogy is brilliant and deserves every award it has won!

Stormy_Day
5th person messed

vvvrulz
Well with such a crap movie, what do you expect.

jayson
****ing Titanic. $120 million to make a film about a boat you know is going to sink.

Stormy_Day
It sure paid the stuio back tho big grin

PVS
Good Will Hunting

if i had a dime for every idiot that said to me
"you HAVE to see it" i would be a millionare.
i would then take those millions, buy every 'Good
Will Hunting' DVD and VHS in existance and BURN them.

RonyLeBeau
Pirates of the Caribbean sleep1

Both Spiderman movies yawn

Predator 89
the sound of music
LOTR trilogy evil face

Mortanius
DOGMA is entirely too overrated. All of Kevin Smith's films are shit. Mallrats sucked and Clerks sucked too.

Mayhem23
Gladiator
Master and Commander
and King Author

....all big piles of krap!

Shadow_King
spider man 1&2

forumcrew
yes

also i think m.night shamalyan is now.. because its at the point where people are gonna give him such critical acclaim no matter how good the movie really was.. if a no name director and writer put out the village you think it would be doing half as well? no, because it was weak.. m night has tallent but people give him too much credit

amerifan
TOMB RAIDER = SOOOOOOOOOOOOO OVERRATED

forumcrew
was it highly rated? i never heard anything saying tomb raider was amazing

bardock
lord of the rings sucked major donkey ass

SlipknoT
Lord of the Rings trilogy was great

SpiderGurl
Lord of the Rings Trilogy

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>