Final Darth Maul Arc coming to us in comic form only

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
The final Darth Maul arc coming to us in comic form since they never produced it:

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/125753-star-wars-clone-wars-gets-a-finale-via-comics.html

Kind of disappointing the show was just suddenly finished and the final arcs not made for television.

Intrepid37
Had toped for a novel.

Q99
Well, that is a nice parting gift for Dark Horse!

I wonder where Ahsoka's story is going to end up...

Galan007
I already said this in another thread, but all I'm hoping for at this point is that they bring in a good writer and artist who can do this arc the justice it deserves. I will be thoroughly disappointed if I see mediocre dialogue and/or child-level artwork. Either of those can ruin a series.

The perfect scenario would be if they brought in Blackman and Alessio for this project. They were the writer/artist duo responsible for 'Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison', which is the best SW mini ever published, imo.

DARTH POWER
Here's Dave Filoni's full comments on the project from his facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/DaveFiloni/posts/10152103755565053

^ It was going to be the season 6 Darth Maul Arc. It wasn't going to be the series finale. Considering they were planning 7 seasons of the Clone Wars I'd say it's possible Darth Maul doesn't even die in this story. Of course they would probably change that as they know the clone wars is done.

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
I already said this in another thread, but all I'm hoping for at this point is that they bring in a good writer and artist who can do this arc the justice it deserves. I will be thoroughly disappointed if I see mediocre dialogue and/or child-level artwork. Either of those can ruin a series.

This is Dark Horse, they've got a solid stable of talent.

Galan007
Very true.

Astor Ebligis
Fanboy... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Q99
Originally posted by Astor Ebligis
Fanboy... roll eyes (sarcastic)

How dare I say... their line of 3-4 comics all done by industry veterans who've mostly done decades of work for a variety of companies... produces consistent work ^^

It's not close to my favorite company nor does it produce my favorite books, but to say they don't have a good stable of solid writers is silly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.