Tournament idea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
I was thinking of having a wizard battle with fictional wizards from various areas of fiction with the following as options.

1. Voldemort-I'd represent him of course from the movies only.

2. Gandalf the White from the movies only

3. Ganondorf from the Twilight Princess

4. Zant from the Twilight Princess

5. Balthazar Blake from the Sorcerer's Apprentice

6. Horvath from the Sorcerer's Apprentice

7. Morgana from the Sorcerer's Apprentice

8. Albus Dumbledore--movies only

9. Severus Snape--movies only

10. Bavmorda--Willow film

11. Saruman the White--movies only

12. Sauron--movies only

13. Marnie Stonebrook (True Blood)

14. Midna (fused shadows) Twilight Princess

I'd like to get at least four participants to make this interesting otherwise it's just a battlezone.

BloodRain
Needs more diversity, because its only going to come down to HP, LotR and TP.

No one will rep Bavmorda, and only three could rep Marnie (who are unlikely to partake. Plus they're so weak no one would want them. SA is a good idea in theory, however from the last thread you made it doesn't seem like anyone really knows about them.

If people join the list will be the #1 from those verses; Voldermort vs Sauron vs Ganondorf vs the #2 from one of <-their worlds or the top hitter from SA.

Like the idea, but yeah, needs more diversity.

NemeBro
I will rep Magnus the Red from Warhammer 40,000.

Supra
I'll Rep Sauron and the One Ring

BloodRain
Originally posted by BloodRain
If people join the list will be the #1 from those verses; Voldermort vs Sauron vs Ganondorf vs the #2 from one of <-their worlds or the top hitter from SA.

Well, if a HP fan shows up I guess they'd take Albus. I forgot that he's actually the best in his verse.

quanchi112
Well, if a HP fan shows up I guess they'd take Albus. I forgot that he's actually the best in his verse. No, he isn't but this is what makes the tournament fun.

Some more characters added to the list.

15. Ravenna from Snow White and the Huntsmen
16. Jadis the White Witch from Chronicles of Narnia
17. Aang from the last Airbender

BloodRain
Was stated, iirc?

Aang is a wizard?

quanchi112
Needs more diversity, because its only going to come down to HP, LotR and TP.

No one will rep Bavmorda, and only three could rep Marnie (who are unlikely to partake. Plus they're so weak no one would want them. SA is a good idea in theory, however from the last thread you made it doesn't seem like anyone really knows about them.

Like the idea, but yeah, needs more diversity. Zant would be a good choice unless he goes up against Ganondorf likewise with Midna.

I added three more names.

So far I am representing Voldemort with Supra repping Sauron.

If we get at least two more names we can do this thing sometime in the future.

quanchi112
Was stated, iirc?

Aang is a wizard? No, but I felt he could make this interesting. Midna isn't really a wizard per say either.

BloodRain
Anyone who'd rep TP would definitely choose Dorf over Zant and Midna. Yeah was going to question Midna too, but her having magic powers could have been reason enough /shrugs/

If ya found a wizard I liked I'd jump to it.

quanchi112
Anyone who'd rep TP would definitely choose Dorf over Zant and Midna. Yeah was going to question Midna too, but her having magic powers could have been reason enough /shrugs/

If ya found a wizard I liked I'd jump to it. What wizards do you enjoy ? Any from movies at all ? Let's see if I'm familiar with any of the wizards you prefer.

Ganondorf has been done to death and based off abilities Zant seems more versatile than Dorf but if someone represents Dorf they will lose if they run into him in the tournament.

quanchi112
This movie should be out soon as well which give out a few more options as well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OmgMjiV9awM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOmgMjiV9awM

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by quanchi112
What wizards do you enjoy ? Any from movies at all ? Let's see if I'm familiar with any of the wizards you prefer.

Ganondorf has been done to death and based off abilities Zant seems more versatile than Dorf but if someone represents Dorf they will lose if they run into him in the tournament. Zant's power comes solely from Ganondorf, you might as well argue Thor is superior to Odin.

None of the contenders you've listed so far that I actually recognize seem to be in Ganondorf's tier, if you take him out this becomes more interesting for two reasons.

1. He'll win.
2. You'll deny it and support Voldemort
C. We already have a Ganondorf v.s. Voldemort thread.Originally posted by NemeBro
I will rep Magnus the Red from Warhammer 40,000.
I'll rep classic Dr Strange. Your move. awesome

quanchi112
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Zant's power comes solely from Ganondorf, you might as well argue Thor is superior to Odin.

None of the contenders you've listed so far that I actually recognize seem to be in Ganondorf's tier, if you take him out this becomes more interesting for two reasons.

1. He'll win.
2. You'll deny it and support Voldemort
C. We already have a Ganondorf v.s. Voldemort thread.
I'll rep classic Dr Strange. Your move. awesome If no one reps Dorf then Zant would be a good choice due to his versatility. Dorf always beats Zant though.

I disagree but this becomes interesting if we do a tournament. You don't have to represent Ganondorf anyway.

Up to you.

ScreamPaste
All right, I'll admit, you've actually had a good idea here. I just would hate to see it devolve into a two sided argument again.

quanchi112
All right, I'll admit, you've actually had a good idea here. I just would hate to see it devolve into a two sided argument again. So far it is supra and myself as sure things.

Who are you interested in ? You could choose Zant with the notion of as long as no one else chooses Midna or Ganondorf.

ScreamPaste
Tell you what, let me have Princess Twilight Sparkle, and I'm in. I'm bored out of my mind of Twilight Princess threads, so this is only appropriate.

quanchi112
Tell you what, let me have Princess Twilight Sparkle, and I'm in. I'm bored out of my mind of Twilight Princess threads, so this is only appropriate. No ponies since I'm not familiar and I hate them.

Sacred 117
No ponies since I'm not familiar and I hate them.

To be fair, I'm not sure you can really hate what you don't know.

17. Aang from the last Airbender

From the movies?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sacred 117
To be fair, I'm not sure you can really hate what you don't know.

From the movies? Most great men hate what they don't know.

Yes, from the movies.

Sacred 117
Most great men hate what they don't know.

Yes, from the movies.

I would ask who, but I hardly feel like it's worth going into in this case.

Damn. Ok then.

quanchi112
I would ask who, but I hardly feel like it's worth going into in this case.

Damn. Ok then. Are you interested ?

quanchi112
18. Theodora
19. Glinda
20. Evanora

All from the Great and powerful Oz

Sacred 117
Are you interested ?

Nah. I f**king hated the movie. Plus, this does seem BZ oriented, and I haven't the time to invest. Appreciate the offer though.

quanchi112
Nah. I f**king hated the movie. Plus, this does seem BZ oriented, and I haven't the time to invest. Appreciate the offer though. If its movie characters the time involved really isn't that great. If you change your mind let me know as this tournament would be fun.

NemeBro
Only a ****ing charlatan asks people to discuss Aang from the movie.

Wei Phoenix
Quan took mercy on you Zelda fans by not adding Quan Chi or DOOM. You should all thank him thumb up

NemeBro
What's it like being a ********** Wei?

quanchi112
Originally posted by NemeBro
Only a ****ing charlatan asks people to discuss Aang from the movie. That was a great movie but besides that which of the options I listed are you interested in representing.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
What's it like being a ********** Wei?

No idea. I can Google that for you.

Sacred 117
If its movie characters the time involved really isn't that great. If you change your mind let me know as this tournament would be fun.

Still, I didn't like the movie or his character adaptation, and I've got a lot of shit ahead of me. You'd be surprised (maybe). I don't see the likelihood of me changing my mind, but I'd let you know if I did.

quanchi112
Still, I didn't like the movie or his character adaptation, and I've got a lot of shit ahead of me. You'd be surprised (maybe). I don't see the likelihood of me changing my mind, but I'd let you know if I did. Well, this wasn't an immediate thing. We could set it up over the summer after the DVD is released for Desolation of Smaug.

NemeBro
That was a great movie erm

ScreamPaste
That was a great movie but besides that which of the options I listed are you interested in representing.
http://i.imgur.com/BqSKvFx.jpg

Bentley
No ponies since I'm not familiar and I hate them.

Why would you hate such petty things? Thanos is above that.

Supra
Sauron just fcked all yall up

Sauron wins

He is the true dark lordsmile

BloodRain
What wizards do you enjoy ? Any from movies at all ? Let's see if I'm familiar with any of the wizards you prefer. Will give it a thought when home.. strangely I cannot think of a single wizard, at all atm :l /braindead

The Scenario
I'll take Harry Dresden.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Scenario
I'll take Harry Dresden. I am not familiar with him. Is he in a movie or just a book character ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Why would you hate such petty things? Thanos is above that. No, he hates as well.

quanchi112
To all the naysayers Last Airbender was a solid film.

The Scenario
I am not familiar with him. Is he in a movie or just a book character ?

Book character.

I guess there was also a TV adaptation but I never really watched it.

quanchi112
Book character.

I guess there was also a TV adaptation but I never really watched it. What is the tv adaption called ?

The Scenario
The Dresden Files, same as the book series.

Though the two series are very different, and went in entirely separate directions.

quanchi112
The Dresden Files, same as the book series.

Though the two series are very different, and went in entirely separate directions. Would you be interested in the tv series ?

BloodRain
I'd rep Kylar Stern :T

quanchi112
I'd rep Kylar Stern :T I have no idea who this is but something tells me it is a video game character.

BloodRain
Book. Just because I was reading a chapter today, and the idea of him walking through 99% of this line-up interested me.

Half serious, he's a complete unknown and no ones taking the time to read the books :T (If ya haven't noticed, still can't think of decent magical characters)

quanchi112
Book. Just because I was reading a chapter today, and the idea of him walking through 99% of this line-up interested me.

Half serious, he's a complete unknown and no ones taking the time to read the books :T (If ya haven't noticed, still can't think of decent magical characters) What about Seventh Son ? It is due out soon I believe and could have powerful wizards in it. Have you seen the preview yet.

Sacred 117
You said you planned to wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray release of Desolation of Smaug? How long do releases usually take?

quanchi112
You said you planned to wait for the DVD/Blu-Ray release of Desolation of Smaug? How long do releases usually take? Probably months down the road but if not enough people express interest I may battlezone someone.

No one other than supra wants to do this.

BloodRain
What about Seventh Son ? It is due out soon I believe and could have powerful wizards in it. Have you seen the preview yet.
Haven't heard of it. Will check the preview when home and see if its catching my eye. Tbh may even join if I know the character loses, just for the sake of it.

quanchi112
Haven't heard of it. Will check the preview when home and see if its catching my eye. Tbh may even join if I know the character loses, just for the sake of it. I'd rather have a movie wizards tournament only if I had my way.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OmgMjiV9awM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOmgMjiV9awM

That is the preview for Seventh Son.

Sacred 117
Probably months down the road but if not enough people express interest I may battlezone someone.

No one other than supra wants to do this.

OK. I was wondering if Second Son would be out by then. I know Delsin's not a wizard, but I figured since movie Aang was an exception that he would pass. Your call though. I don't want to deviate your thread too much.

ScreamPaste
This tournament has turned from a good idea into an extraordinarily boring one. Quan refuses to argue any character that anyone else is actually interested in. Now there's two people in his tournament. That's fine, but it's not much of a tournament with just two people.

quanchi112
This tournament has turned from a good idea into an extraordinarily boring one. Quan refuses to argue any character that anyone else is actually interested in. Now there's two people in his tournament. That's fine, but it's not much of a tournament with just two people. I listed options and no one has taken any of those but instead mentioning numerous characters not from the list. Not my fault no one knows how to interpret a thread.

quanchi112
OK. I was wondering if Second Son would be out by then. I know Delsin's not a wizard, but I figured since movie Aang was an exception that he would pass. Your call though. I don't want to deviate your thread too much. I would probably allow it but can't say until I see it.

Sacred 117
I would probably allow it but can't say until I see it.

It doesn't come out until March, but you've already postponed this, so what the hell.

Seeing as that's the case, if you wanted to do something like this sooner while meeting a criteria that would satisfy (address to Scream's earlier statement), you might do an open tourney-style debate in which people are free to submit a character they would genuinely be passionate about representing.

Regulations could include "up to, but not exceeding 16 participants" and "all characters must reside within the same tier unless otherwise declared fair by the majority."

That's not to say you have to abandon ship here, but rather just something to occupy without destroying/renovating your current idea.

quanchi112
It doesn't come out until March, but you've already postponed this, so what the hell.

Seeing as that's the case, if you wanted to do something like this sooner while meeting a criteria that would satisfy (address to Scream's earlier statement), you might do an open tourney-style debate in which people are free to submit a character they would genuinely be passionate about representing.

Regulations could include "up to, but not exceeding 16 participants" and "all characters must reside within the same tier unless otherwise declared fair by the majority."

That's not to say you have to abandon ship here, but rather just something to occupy without destroying/renovating your current idea. Well, I said more than likely but won't know until I see it.

I don't debate against characters I'm not familiar with. Non negotiable.

The Scenario
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Zelda/HWFireRod2_zpsbf148efd.gif

Can Link count as a wizard?

I think A Link to the Past or Link Between Worlds in particular could be pretty good. Also maybe the Hyrule Warriors guy.

quanchi112
http://i1349.photobucket.com/albums/p757/Scenario388/Zelda/HWFireRod2_zpsbf148efd.gif

Can Link count as a wizard?

I think A Link to the Past or Link Between Worlds in particular could be pretty good. Also maybe the Hyrule Warriors guy. Perhaps.

maxivitopowe
I'd be willing to argue Darquesse from the Skullduggery Pleasant Books

quanchi112
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
I'd be willing to argue Darquesse from the Skullduggery Pleasant Books No characters outside the ones I already named. Mainly movie wizards and the Zelda characters from Twilight Princess as of yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.