What movie character can survive a Nuke???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Latest versions of each characters.

Superman
Hulk
Phoenix
Silver Surfer
Hellboy
Thor
Kurse
Sebastian Shaw

Supra
Shaw

Nephthys
Which Superman?

COG Veteran
Which Hulk?

Supra
Shaw cannot take damage. All damage he takes is absorbed and amps him.

KingD19
We never saw him take a nuclear explosion though. He just absorbed a lot of nuclear energy. Getting nuked and soaking up nuke energy are two different things.

Supra
We have seen no one in OP tank a nuke then. Closet thing was hulk taking a gamma bomb

NemeBro
I am under the assumption we are talking a Little Boy level nuke here, since they vary wildly in power.

Originally posted by carver9
Superman

All versions can.

Maybe. He's taken some cool things, and the people he's fought indicate that this might be the case, but it's hard to say at the moment.

Not unless she can disassemble it before it reaches her.

Takes it more easily than anyone else on this list.

No. He is essentially immune to heat, from what we can see, but the pressure alone is enough to disintegrate him, and then there is the radiation to worry about.

Read Hulk.

Ditto.

How much energy is in a nuclear reactor compared to a nuke anyway?

carver9
Originally posted by Nephthys
Which Superman?

Please read the OP.

Epicurus
Originally posted by NemeBro
How much energy is in a nuclear reactor compared to a nuke anyway?
I read somewhere that nuclear reactors individually generate a few thousand megawatts of power annually.

A nuke going off though(and this is only for fission bombs, not fusion bombs which are far more powerful) generates terawatts of power.

Epicurus
Anyways, Surfer tanks it best. He did survive a planet-sized explosion after all.thumb up

Firefly218
Sebastian Shaw. And apparently Indiana Jones

K-Dog
Shaw probably
Surfer probably, as he can bend physics (absorbed a missile into his board)
Routh/Reeves Superman probably

FrothByte
Originally posted by carver9
Latest versions of each characters.

Superman
Hulk
Phoenix
Silver Surfer
Hellboy
Thor
Kurse
Sebastian Shaw

Superman (MOS) gets knocked out, though will probably survive it without too much injury.

Hulk might survive it, but he gets knocked out and then turns back to Banner, in which case he gets radiation poisoning.

Thor and Kurse also might survive it, but both get knocked out and pretty injured.

Silver Surfer simply warps through it. He tanks this the best.

Hellboy gets shredded.

Unsure about Phoenix. Comics Phoenix shouldn't have any trouble with it, but movie Phoenix didn't show that much durability feats.

Sebastian Shaw - I actually think he'll overload himself with this one. He's powerful but I have trouble believing his mutant powers are that encompassing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.