Scariest Horror Movie??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

flipperflip
What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? One that gave you nightmares or even causes you to be paranoid at times.

COG Veteran
One of the Grudge movies was pretty damn scary. Its been a while so I don't remember which one.

LeonBuco666
the original Alien, very tense...made me look behind me and gave me nightmares as a child.

Halloween, Id be borderline obsessive with the entity of Michael Myers; ALWAYS looking behind me and checking the shadows as a child.

friday the 13th...the same as Halloween.

freddy Krueger....never really scared me, just didnt like going to sleep when i first watched it.

Event Horizon, creeped me the **** out...gave me goosebumps.

Lexington
Always thought Event Horizon was very scary.

ArtificialGlory
I'm not really into horror, but Event Horizon was indeed pretty damn freaky.

Lexington
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachments/electric-off-road/548190d1264818810-hobao-hyper-9e-thread-tealc-indeed.jpg

Stealth Moose

Apparently, the uncut version was even worse.

Julianna
The Hitcher (1986 version). Rutger Hauer was completely creepy. He scared me to death.

DrDeadpool
Ring scared me bad , also the second grudge movie was really terrifying .
The martyrs was scary too but it's affection was mostly after its ending (if you have seen the movie you know what I mean )
The inside was the most violent and disturbing movie iv ever seen.

Zamiel
The Thing and the 80s film Scarecrow are the only films that have scared me.

Cinemaholic
The 1st Children of the Corn scared me a lot.

COG Veteran
Originally posted by Zamiel
The Thing and the 80s film Scarecrow are the only films that have scared me.
The Thing is the greatest horror movie ever!

jinXed by JaNx
Man, the movies that actually gave me nightmares...,

The Gate
Rawhead Rex
Poltergeist
Clownhouse (unfortunately)
Texas Chainsaw massacre (original)
Fire in the sky
Nightbreed
Hellraiser

That was when I was a kid though. There's been some movies that have stayed with me in a big bad way as an adult. The Fourth kind and the Blair Witch project (both of them) Cannibal Holocaust. Jeepers Creepers (unfortunately).

Galan007
Thanks to this thread I went ahead and watched Event Horizon. It was very creepy indeed. Good movie, though.

LeonBuco666
it is a great movie Galan some really strong performances too.

NemeBro
Event Horizon is one of my favorite movies.

But no movie really scares me, to be honest. The only medium that can really make me feel fear for my rectum would be videogames.

LeonBuco666
Alien Isolation looks scary as shit Neme

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by NemeBro
Event Horizon is one of my favorite movies.

But no movie really scares me, to be honest. The only medium that can really make me feel fear for my rectum would be videogames.

Silent Hill got you puckered?

NemeBro
Not even.

Silent Hill does nothing for me lol.

Outlast was pretty spooky.

Stealth Moose
I totally forgot I have it. Now I need to try it.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Alien Isolation looks scary as shit Neme

Aliens aren't scary.

LeonBuco666
Aliens aren't scary.

Aliens are not scary, correct...

Alien however is. To me it was anyway, not anymore though because I am pretty hardcore

riv6672
Aliens aren't scary.
Not the in the way supernatural entities are. More in a Jaws type way. They're something understandable that can kill you.

Fallschirmjäger
As a young boy, a 1974 film called Beyond The Door scared the living daylights out of me, and was responsible for quite an expensive electric bill as a kid. Making it worse was that the New York stations would play the TV spot for it just as we young un's had to go to bed. And we'd be upstairs just settling down from the last round of the TV spot when BAM, it would play again like clockwork.

Ask me if this is something you want to see and hear before bed as a kid, and then have to listen to again as you're nervously waiting for the TV to be turned off.....

-bDdncqvtfQ

SamuelClark
The Shining. No doubt. Without all that sudden noise crap etc' that's so popular in today's horror movies.

Prerogative
Thanks to this thread. I love horror movie!
Hostel - recommend!

pettyazo
Drag me to hell gave me chills

rosepetel
the scariest movie i have ever seen is The Ring.

D-Wag
The Conjuring and Sinister were two good films that had my heart jumping.

carver9
Originally posted by DrDeadpool
Ring scared me bad , also the second grudge movie was really terrifying .
The martyrs was scary too but it's affection was mostly after its ending (if you have seen the movie you know what I mean )
The inside was the most violent and disturbing movie iv ever seen.

This guy wins the trophy. Nothing is more terrifying than the movies he's named. Grudge one was better though. Annabella and Incidious is creepy as well. There's one movie that has all of them beat that came out last yr...the conjuring. Can't get any worse than that. Sinister was creepy as hell as well.

Gadabout
The '78 version of Body Snatchers and 73' Don't be afraid of the dark...yeah I'm telling my age but these two movies were very disturbing.

The Exorcist was also a good-bad for me..but nothing has scared me in a long time however Oculus was the best suspense/horror movie I've seen in many years.

Daisy Roberts
The scariest horror movies - are those, which are connected with houses as most of them look very realistic))

broco
For me, it was The Blair Witch Project. I remember watching the movie somewhere around 3 AM, alone, with my headphones on. It was an experience I will never forget. Two years ago I rewatched the movie with my friends and it didn't felt the same. So, my advice...watch the movie you like alone :P

sorrowmovie
The original Thai version of Shutter is definitely so scary.

jaden101
Gory films and jumpy films never really scare me. I prefer ones with tension and dread so for that films like Session 9 and The Blair Witch Project and even The Woman in Black are all brilliant. Same with The Fog.

That being said I still have a soft spot for The Thing (Kurt Russell version)

Other mentions would be

The Last Broadcast
The Orphanage
The Babadook

Jmanghan
Batman & Robin.

That's a horror movie, right?

big grin

Miraijin
Child's Play gave me a trauma when I was kid. I couldn't look at my sister dolls the same way again :P Now I just only laugh at it.

But I would have to choose Exorcist. Actually, all movies which involves demonic possession are scary to me.

sorrowmovie
The Ring & The Haunting (the original) Movies that have scared me.

S_W_LeGenD
Following:

1. The Grudge (2004)
2. Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)
3. House on the haunted hill (1999)
4. Event Horizon (1997)

S_W_LeGenD
Aliens aren't scary.
Horror games can have a more profound impact on the player because the player feels like a part of the environment in which he is operating the character.

Alien Isolation will really test your nerves because the game offers a survival horror setting in which defensive options are limited and Aliens are sneaky and lethal.

DeltonP
I agree with "rosepetel" and "sorrowmovie", The Ring is one of the most scary films of the past 15 years or so. I also liked Dog Soldiers, Hostel, You're Next, Wolf Creek, Final Destination and 30 Days of Night. And before all of them, there was Jaws (Happy 40th Anniversary!), The Changeling with the great George C. Scott, Them! and the original The Blob with Steve McQueen. (Those last two scared me silly each time I watched them as a young boy, usually late on Saturday nights or early Sunday mornings.)

violet36
I'd have the say the movie that first freaked me out as a young girl was the Original The Hills Have Eyes....that's the movie that first started my intrigue for horror.

Ghoulio
I would say The Exorcist.
True story: I watched Nightmare on Elm Street way to young and had nightmares for days.

aminemjack
According the me. one and only "The Conjuring 2 ".

Whales
There are lot. But if I'm going to choose one, Event Horizon would go to #1 spot. Among the movies listed at https://megamovies.cc/ in the horror genre, I'll choose Blair Witch. It scared the hell out of me.

Korinaz
I think that the Exorcist is one of the most scariest movie of all time!

t00nish
The first Blair witch project was super scary, saw it when I was in a kid. Dark room, TV up kinda loud, super late at night. Shit was insane. I'll have to think about some other movies though, I don't really scare easily, but I do get pretty intense into scary movies.

Blair Witch Project
The Conjuring
Get Out
The Omen
Event Horizon <--- was more of a good movie than it was scary

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.