Engineers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeonBuco666
the engineers from the alien/predator universe....we know this species are among, if not the most advanced species in the Predalien universe.

but how would they fare against a blooded Pred and an unblooded Pred.

we know their strong...able to backhand a human flying with enough force to kill them when they impacted the wall...pull davids head off, logically David's synthetic skin is tougher than human skin because at one point in the movie they required David to lift an object in which 2 men struggled to lift...or David is just you know, really strong. the point being his body would have to be more durable to be able to support that weight.

id say that the Engineers/Space Jockey's are (potentially) the superior species.
there clearly smarter based on tech, the ability to terraform atmospheres and kickstart evolution.

I hope they explore the Engineers more than what they have.

DrDeadpool
I think they are much more advance than predators, however we see more of them in Prometheus 2

COG Veteran
The alien and predator universes do not exist in the same. The crossovers are non-canon.

BloodRain
They do share the same verse, even by the comics.

LeonBuco666
Ridley Scott cosiders it Non-Canon and he was apparently offended by the movies.

the first AvP was a decent watch, The second was awful.

I consider it canon and that they share the same universe.

I also thing the Engineers or a superior race to the Yautja, IMO anyway.

Arsenal
I'd say the engineers are more advanced due to the biotechnology and how far back they have been using both that and space travel, plus I've read that the predators basically stole the technology they currently possess from another species they encountered. As much as I hate to admit it I think the engineers are superior physically as well after seeing that engineer throw around the humans like rag dolls, not to mention the sheer size of them. The predators would have a real fight on their hands if they got into a war with the engineers, I doubt they'd have time to go on hunting expeditions with them around. laughing out loud

Igniz
While I would agree the Engineers(Mala'kak according to Aliens:Original Sin) are more advanced in Tech due to terraforming,dna manipulation and etc compared to the Predators(Yautja).But the Engineers lacks combat feats.And if we're going to use examples in the movies, the Engineer took on Shaw.The Predator took on Arnold.The Engineer took on a scientist/biologist while the Predator took on an army guy trained to fight and kill.Agility wise the Predator has more showing in this than the Engineers.The Predator was shown jumping from tree to tree and even crawling down from trees.I think the Engineers are gonna get stomped.Unless we get a view of the Engineer's weapons upon dealing with beings like the Predators.That will probably change my opinion.

Galan007
As far as what we've seen so far, Predators possess the better battle tech, imo. The shoulder canon would make short work of an Engineer, the wrist-nuke would atomize an Engineer ship, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's logical to assume that the Engineers would have uber war tech of their own aside from just the black goo(which they obviously can't control)--but we just haven't seen it yet. Heck, we've yet to see any tech from them apart from massive ships, stasis chambers, bio suits, maps of the galaxy/universe, terraforming, and the ability to seed planets with life/manipulate DNA.

That being said, Engineers certainly appear to be physically stronger than Predators, and also superior from an *overall* tech standpoint--superior to anything in the regard, really(Gods among insects, if you will.) Not sure about battle tech exclusively, though. War doesn't seem to be the Engineers' forte, whereas the entire Predator race is geared entirely around battle(hence their arsenal of death-tech.)

Anywho, I think it would be an excellent twist if Predators ended up being one of the many lifeforms the Engineers have created.

Igniz
Originally posted by Galan007
As far as what we've seen so far, Predators possess the better battle tech, imo. The shoulder canon would make short work of an Engineer, the wrist-nuke would atomize an Engineer ship, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's logical to assume that the Engineers would have uber war tech of their own aside from just the black goo(which they obviously can't control)--but we just haven't seen it yet. Heck, we've yet to see any tech from them apart from massive ships, stasis chambers, bio suits, maps of the galaxy/universe, terraforming, and the ability to seed planets with life/manipulate DNA.

That being said, Engineers certainly appear to be physically stronger than Predators, and also superior from an *overall* tech standpoint--superior to anything in the regard, really(Gods among insects, if you will.) Not sure about battle tech exclusively, though. War doesn't seem to be the Engineers' forte, whereas the entire Predator race is geared entirely around battle(hence their arsenal of death-tech.)

Anywho, I think it would be an excellent twist if Predators ended up being one of the many lifeforms the Engineers have created.

It might end up like the story in Metroid.The Chozo creating the Metroids in order to keep the X Parasites in check.The Engineers creating the Xenomorphs in order to keep the Predators off their backs big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.